Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

HCL Digital Commerce OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HCL Digital Commerce is #10 ranked solution in top eCommerce Platforms. PeerSpot users give HCL Digital Commerce an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. HCL Digital Commerce is most commonly compared to SAP Hybris Commerce: HCL Digital Commerce vs SAP Hybris Commerce. HCL Digital Commerce is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the eCommerce Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is HCL Digital Commerce?
IBM Digital Commerce provides advanced commerce capabilities to help you quickly and easily create an engaging brand experience across every customer touch point. Using IBM, you can improve your business with personalized customer engagement, optimized shopping and order management and fulfillment across channels. This helps you accelerate time to market, improve customer engagement and drive revenue growth.

HCL Digital Commerce was previously known as IBM Digital Commerce, IBM WebSphere Commerce.

HCL Digital Commerce Customers
CEWE, J.J. Keller, Shop.ca, 360training.com, Bon-Ton, HH Gregg, Dahl Sverige AB, Terranova, Lindt
HCL Digital Commerce Video

HCL Digital Commerce Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HCL Digital Commerce pricing:
"For our companies and our users, the price is quite high."

HCL Digital Commerce Reviews

Head of Business Consulting at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A mature and easily customizable product with a lot of features
  • "It is a very mature product. It has a lot of features. It can also be very easily customized in order to reach goals or features that are not available, but mainly the fact that it's a very mature platform with all major features that are normally required by the clients is most valuable."
  • "Another area of improvement is the user-friendliness of the back office stuff. This issue is still valid, and it is still a problem, but I know they are currently working on it."

What is our primary use case?

There are different use cases such as fashion retail eCommerce and B2B-component manufacturing. We also have B2B Info Commerce that can be reached and browsed by many people, including end-users, but only a specific B2B client can view prices and acquire the product. So, we have very different use cases.

We have clients with version 8, version 9, and version 9.1

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

One of the main disadvantages of the platform was the poor front-end experience. They had a template, but it was a very old template. It was not good for the current front-end technologies, browsers, etc. They are already fixing it, and they're implementing new templates with more responsive features.

Their support and documentation could also be better.

I have been using this solution for more than 10 years.

eCommerce Platforms
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about HCL, SAP, Adobe and others in eCommerce Platforms. Updated: September 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It has a lot of scalability. We have clients who started with just one country and one store, and now, they are managing more than 13 stores in countries all over the world.

It also allows you to use a different business model on the same platform. For example, you can use a single platform in order to sell to B2C and B2B. You can make eCommerce for your employees, and you can also develop some more complex business models such as B2B2C, B2B2E, etc.

Their support is not amazingly good. We had a lot of trouble moving from version 8 to version 9. It was also due to the fact that HCL acquired the platform from IBM. There was a time when we had a little bit of a problem in getting the right support.

They have very technical documentation, but sometimes, technical documentation is not enough. You also need something for a business user.

We have been working with it for more than 10 years. So, for us, it is pretty easy now. It's not a friendly technology from a technical standpoint. If you are a new company or a new business partner, it may take some time for you to understand how to implement it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Managing Director at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Adaptable, stable with good support, but the integration needs improvement
  • "The most valuable solution is that it allows you to adapt it according to the customer's needs."
  • "The product catalog is an area that needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I am a project manager of these projects.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it allows you to adapt it according to the customer's needs.

What needs improvement?

The product catalog is an area that needs improvement. It is forcing us to look and test other solutions. For example, when the customer has already implemented SAP and they want to get more from the integration, then the choice is SAP. Otherwise, this is a great platform for us.

In the next release, I would like to see the integration improved.

We are in our second year of using HCL Digital Commerce.

The versions used are different from customer to customer. We have only one customer who is using the latest version, which is the 9th.

It's a stable solution.

It could be scalable.

Our customers are enterprise companies.

I have not contacted technical support but my colleagues have and they are satisfied with the technical support.

We are working with SAP Upscale. It's a small product.

The implementation is quite complex. I can't compare it with other products because they don't have the experience.

Definitely, SAP Upscale is a much easier product because they offer much less functionality. For this reason, I should not compare them to each other.

For our companies and our users, the price is quite high. They are looking for other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

As I have not compared it with other platforms, it is difficult to offer an opinion. We have only one other platform, which is SAP Upscale, but you can't compare the two.

Overall, we are satisfied with this product.

I would rate HCL Digital Commerce a seven out of ten.