GoToMeeting OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

GoToMeeting is the #8 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. PeerSpot users give GoToMeeting an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. GoToMeeting is most commonly compared to Skype for Business: GoToMeeting vs Skype for Business. GoToMeeting is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is GoToMeeting?

GoToMeeting web conferencing software makes it simple and cost-effective to collaborate online with colleagues and customers. Best of all, meeting participants can share their webcams in high definition, so you can enjoy more personal interactions _ without needing a complicated setup.

GoToMeeting Customers

AAPT, ACD Groupe, Addison Fire, Avigilon Corporation, Basic Industries Ltd., Bitdefender, Branson School Online, Budd Van Lines, Business Fitness, Business Wire

GoToMeeting Video

GoToMeeting Reviews

Steve Abshire - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Systems Specialist III at a university with 10,001+ employees
It features low latency, which is crucial because everybody is using VPN to connect to their PCs at work.
  • "GoToMeeting's low latency is crucial because everybody is using VPN to connect to their PCs at work. The sound and video quality are solid, and the whiteboarding features were especially useful. The administrative side of it was fairly simple and intuitive to use."
  • "Using GoToMeeting in a meeting-sized conference room is kind of a letdown. The camera is supposed to track the speaker and focus on that person so that they can be on the screen. That feature rarely worked. We tested it thoroughly, so maybe it was an issue with the size of the conference room. It may not be suitable for large conference rooms."

What is most valuable?

GoToMeeting's low latency is crucial because everybody is using VPN to connect to their PCs at work. The sound and video quality are solid, and the whiteboarding features were especially useful. The administrative side of it was fairly simple and intuitive to use.

What needs improvement?

Using GoToMeeting in a meeting-sized conference room is kind of a letdown. The camera is supposed to track the speaker and focus on that person so that they can be on the screen. That feature rarely worked. We tested it thoroughly, so maybe it was an issue with the size of the conference room. It may not be suitable for large conference rooms.

We have been using GoToMeeting since the start of the pandemic.

I thought GoToMeeting was highly stable. We seldom had issues with downtime, and planned maintenance was sporadic. We have a third-party IP group that handles a lot of the backend stuff, and we tried to make some adjustments to improve the stability, but we found out that the service provider was having problems.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, Microsoft, TeamViewer and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

GoToMeeting tech support was excellent. We needed some firmware upgrades, and the tech support systems were relatively straightforward. We didn't have any problems with that. Notifications were on time, and scheduled maintenance occurred on weekends with advanced notice via email.

We only had a few issues with GoToMeeting involving our work with the federal government. That was a little disconcerting, but we contacted customer support. They could rectify the problems as soon as we had them.

in the beginning, we were testing LogMeIn, and it was fairly new to us, but there wasn't a steep learning curve for setting up these devices. It's like maybe a 10 to 15-minute job to get that done. Getting that connectivity through a third-party provider was somewhat of a pain, but it would've been a piece of cake using our network.

At the start of the pandemic, my coworker and I had to pick a videoconferencing solution, and we had a set of criteria we needed to meet. GoToMeeting met all our expectations. Our management loved it.

It was an emergency purchase, so we had to make fast decisions. We reviewed each vendor briefly to compare conference features and liabilities and then decided pretty quickly. We've since adopted Google Workspace, which has a competing conference solution that's worthless, in my opinion, so we're still using GoToMeeting for that

What other advice do I have?

I rate GoToMeeting nine out of 10. My advice to future GoToMeeting users is to spend time on training.  We held an instructor class in which admin staff would act as presenters. What helped us was to make the devices for each presenter, so all you had to do is scroll to that meeting and select it, and you're off and running. Training non-technical staff should be the priority. Having a dedicated person to keep the system up and running would be number two.

Team Leader Presales at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Easy to implement with excellent pricing and great performance
  • "Pricing is reasonable. It's not expensive. The pricing is one of the great selling points for the product."
  • "The solution could always be more secure."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution mostly for training. We also use it for client meetings as it's easier when you send the link to the customer when you need to have a conference call with them.

What is most valuable?

There is a smartphone application and it is web-based. You can use it from any device, Linux, macOS, Windows. Everything works with GoToMeeting.

The performance and stability are great. We don't have any issues.

It is cloud-based, however, we are fine with that. It is enough to have a stable and moderate to fast internet connection.

The product can scale.

We found the initial setup very simple.

The dashboards are great.

It offers good chat functionality.

What needs improvement?

There may be more features available in, for example, Cisco WebEx.

The solution could always be more secure.

I've been using the solution for a few years at this point.

Stability and performance have been good. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze.

You can get many simultaneous users can be in one meeting. This is the scalability from GoToMeeting's point of view. They are selling the fact that a number of users can use it at the same time.

We have around 20 people using the solution right now.

We do not require any support at this time. It's pretty simple to use. We've also never had any technical issues.

We have also previously used Skype.

Most of the time it's only a plugin in a web browser or application via smartphone. Therefore, the initial setup is straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. There isn't really an installation process. You don't need a technical team.

We did not need outside assistance from consultants or integrators when it came to setting up the solution. We were able to do it ourselves.

We do need to pay for the license in order to use the solution. It's not an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

We're always on the latest version of the solution right now. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd advise potential new users to try it and see if the features that are supported by GoToMeeting are enough for them. They may expect some features which are not available in GoToMeeting. However, those features may be available in Cisco WebEx, for example, or some other solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

November 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director, Information Technology at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
It's free for a limited number of users but unstable
  • "It was just chosen because somebody at the company said, "We need a meeting thing. Hey, go find a meeting thing." It wasn't me, but somebody else in the organization was like, "Alright, let's use GoToMeeting. It's free.""
  • "GoToMeeting breaks down a lot. We're not sure if it's breaking down, but we start getting very erratic community channels. I don't know if it's because of GoToMeeting or if we're not buying enough bandwidth. Maybe it is just the infrastructure that it's running on. I'm not quite sure."

What is our primary use case?

We use GoToMeeting for video conferencing. It's usually between 15 and 20 participants per meeting.

What needs improvement?

We have our meetings on GoToMeeting, and everything is unmuted by default. So there's a frigging ton of noise in the background. And these are board meetings, so you can't tell the board of directors like, "Would you get it together here, dude? You're making a mess of this whole meeting because you have no clue how to use technology."

We've been using GoToMeeting ever since the COVID outbreak started.

GoToMeeting breaks down a lot. We're not sure if it's breaking down, but we start getting very erratic community channels. I don't know if it's because of GoToMeeting or if we're not buying enough bandwidth. Maybe it is just the infrastructure that it's running on. I'm not quite sure.

I don't recall using LogMein tech support. I haven't personally, but then I'm not the tech guy. I'm the guy who signs contracts.

Teams and GoToMeeting are the solutions we initiate from. Some people like initiating their meetings from Teams. Some people like initiating their meetings from GoToMeeting. We've also used Webex but never on a large scale, so I have no opinion on whether it is more stable than GoToMeeting.

I'm not sitting here analyzing the 900 ways that I can communicate. I might've been on Webex meetings where there were 50 people because one of the vendors was doing a big presentation for all their customers, or there may have been 20. Were there 20 people on that? Were there 100 people on that? I don't know. I just know there were a lot of people on there. I didn't sit and count. And as a vendor, he controls it. The vendor can say, "Okay, I don't want to see any pictures. Everybody is muted." So it looks like it's a good presentation.

There's really no reason we went with GoToMeeting over the others. It was just chosen because somebody at the company said, "We need a meeting thing. Hey, go find a meeting thing." It wasn't me, but somebody else in the organization was like, "Alright, let's use GoToMeeting. It's free." Then we started using it for free. Then we were already using it so we started paying for it for more users.

Strategic Sourcing Director at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reliable, seamlessly runs virtual meetings and is easy to set up
  • "It works, it's reliable."
  • "Sometimes we'll run into issues where firewall rules aren't set correctly and won't work."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for meetings. For example, we don't use it for webinars.

What is most valuable?

We have found the initial setup to be simple.

It works, it's reliable.

They seem to have improved the solution over the last year to help resolves some firewall issues.

Overall, the solution is useful for running virtual meetings seamlessly.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we'll run into issues where firewall rules aren't set correctly and won't work. However, that hasn't happened probably in the last year or so. It seems like GoToMeeting changed something that made it better. They're maybe using a different port or some different access. However, something changed to make it better.

I've been using the solution for around five years.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

We only really use it for particular products. We don't have a set amount of users that leverage the product.

We likely won't increase or decrease usage. We'll continue with the status quo for now.

We've never directly dealt with technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are when you need help.

We do a lot of virtual meetings and we use Microsoft Teams predominantly.

Other companies we deal with happen to be on the WebEx, GoToMeeting, or TeamViewer platforms, which is why we sometimes use them.

The initial setup is really straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

We just use the basic version of the product.

I don't directly deal with the licensing or pricing aspects of the product.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We don't have any business relationship with the company.

I'd rate the product nine out of ten.

Lead Analyst at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Stable, reliable and great for audio meetings
  • "The solution worked well specifically for audio meetings."
  • "The solution could scale a bit easier if you need to add more people to meetings."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for audio meetings.

What is most valuable?

The solution worked well specifically for audio meetings.

The stability and performance of the solution were good.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to how it can be improved as far as audio meetings go.

We used the solution for seven or eight years. However, we are no longer using it.

The solution worked fine. We never had any problems. The stability is very good and it is reliable.

We had only one or two instances where we had to go beyond what was possible. There was, for example, one meeting where we had 50 users. That day we had trouble as it was only limited to 25 so and it forced us to go and purchase a new license, which is ultimately what we did.

I've never dealt with technical support directly. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I'm also familiar with such solutions as Microsoft Team and LogMeIn.

I wasn't a part of the original setup of the implementation. I can't speak to how easy or difficult it was or how long the deployment took.

The pricing may be visible on the website, however, I can't speak to how much we paid or the exact costs involved.

What other advice do I have?

We were customers and end-users. We did not have a professional relationship with GoToMeeting.

It's a very tough space now. Microsoft has its own tool now (Microsoft Teams) and most organizations are on Office 365 so they are getting Teams by default.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Operation Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Efficient with good connectivity but doesn't stand out against other options
  • "It's easy to set up."
  • "The product itself doesn't stand out against other options on the market."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to communicate with clients.

What is most valuable?

We've had a positive experience.

It can provide good communication with external partners. We can work on problems and discuss things if we have a common interest.

It's easy to set up.

We've used it for long calls and never had an issue, although we've never had to go beyond two hours in a single session.

It's scalable.

It offers the same quality and service as other similar solutions.

It's efficient.

What needs improvement?

I haven't encountered any issues with the product.

The product itself doesn't stand out against other options on the market.

We use the solution on an ad hoc basis. Some suppliers have it, and when they use it, we use it. We've used it for a while.

We've never had to connect with technical support.

I've used Microsoft Teams and Skype before Microsoft bought it. They are all roughly the same in terms of quality and useability.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward.

I'm not sure how much the solution costs.

What other advice do I have?

We tend to use the solution for smaller connections, although there may be many people on each side. We haven't tried to use it when a large number of people have tried to connect at once.

That said, I understand that it is quite scalable.

I'd likely recommend Microsoft Teams to people, although it's my understanding that it is a bit expensive.

I'd rate this solution seven out of ten.

Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, Microsoft, TeamViewer, and more!
Updated: November 2022