IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Freshservice OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Freshservice is #2 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools, #7 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools, #7 ranked solution in top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools, #8 ranked solution in top Help Desk Software, and #9 ranked solution in top Project Management Software. PeerSpot users give Freshservice an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Freshservice is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: Freshservice vs ServiceNow. Freshservice is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
Freshservice Buyer's Guide

Download the Freshservice Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Freshservice?

Freshservice is an intelligent, cloud-native service management solution. It provides efficiency and agility through AI to create a contextual and intelligent experience. The solution also empowers employees to work whenever and wherever they need to work. Freshservice powers integrations and workflows at the enterprise scale, building upon an open platform and marketplace with connectors and APIs that you can extend and customize.

Freshservice Features

Freshservice has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• ITIL-aligned processes
  • Out-of-box analytics
  • Mobile app
  • Marketplace apps

Freshservice Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Freshservice. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Intelligent service management and customized workflows: Freshservice offers powered bots, automation, and orchestration to help you make management more efficient and gives you the ability to customize all workflows.
  • Fast time-to-value: Freshservice’s out-of-the-box features help you quickly deploy it and enable easier adoption, at scale.
  • Minimizes downtime: Freshservice prevents critical issues by identifying the right alerts, collaborating with context, and delivering an enhanced end-user experience.
  • Extensible: The solution is extensible and allows organizations to access enterprise-scale tools to customize, integrate, and automate business workflows.
  • Support: Freshservice has 24/7 support so your issues can be addressed around-the-clock.
  • Boosts productivity: The Freshservice solution helps improve employee productivity. It helps you prioritize work better with real-time custom dashboards.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Freshservice solution.

A Senior Helpdesk at a non-profit says, “I like the workflow automation capabilities, where based upon certain actions, it will automatically go and route tickets to a particular person. It is fairly user-friendly.”

PeerSpot user Cesar Q., CIO at Grupo Kasto, mentions, “The analytics are very good. The solution offers very nice incident management. The overall functionality of the product is excellent. The change management is helpful. They have an agent that we installed in every single asset. We have the inventory for all assets automatically. Contract management is very valuable for us as an IT department, as we have the information for every single computer across the company. We are starting to use the project management aspects right now. We have different projects and we have all the information in the same solution, in the same place. It makes everything more centralized and easier to access. The user interface is very nice and the solution is easy to use. You don't need to be an expert in order to navigate around and use the product. You don't need to read a lot of manuals in order to figure everything out. It's pretty intuitive.”

A Network Analyst at a real estate/law firm shares, "We find its ability to track what's going on with each request very valuable. We are also able to merge ticket requests and assign them to different groups in the company. We have another department that uses the same system."

Freshservice was previously known as Flint.

Freshservice Customers

Sinclair Broadcast Group, Western Carriers, Judson University, Golf Canada, Travix, Proxama, Paymentez, Ready Auto Transport

Freshservice Video

Archived Freshservice Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user821031 - PeerSpot reviewer
Student with 11-50 employees
User
Allowed the development team to concentrate on the client’s requirements, however the reporting and management information are very limited.

What is our primary use case?

To provide incident management for external customers and change management services for SaaS implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

The tool is an easy, off-the-shelf product which allowed us to decommission our in-house system. It allowed the development team to concentrate on the client’s requirements instead.

What is most valuable?

The key feature was the incident management. It recorded and supported most of the client's details.

What needs improvement?

The reporting and management information (MI) are very limited, and stopped realistic and timely reporting on outstanding incidents.

Freshservice
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Freshservice. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
The most valuable aspect of the solution is the user experience.

How has it helped my organization?

It's allowed us to have a better management of our processes, including new-employee hires, device management, and equipment loan to customers and prospects.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the user experience. Indeed, it's pretty simple to use, mobile-friendly, and nicer than many helpdesk solutions.

Moreover, agents and requesters can use the Freshservice iOS/Android app to interact with Freshservice and to follow their tickets and service requests.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have chat as a support channel in order to enjoy the same benefit of real-time support that Freshdesk has.

The stability is good and just as it should be. We haven't had any issues with instability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

Freshservice support is very reactive and helpful when we have a question or issue. Technical support is totally free as soon as you are a customer, even as a free one.

The deployment of the solution was very quick and easy. Once we set our ticket form and support channels, we were ready to start using Freshservice. So the initial setup was very straightforward and simple.

We deployed Freshservice ourselves. My advice is pretty simple: take a look at the documentation.

It's hard to calculate a ROI as we didn't have a solution before, but at least we don't host a server on our own, thus no maintenance is required.

We chose Freshservice for its nice interface and its ease of deployment.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the size of the project (number of licenses and countries), you should contact a local partner to help you deploy the solution.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are resellers.
Freshservice
August 2022
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sr. IT Business Analyst at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
The end user-facing portal with the Solutions Library immediately improved our users' abilities to find their own answers.

Valuable Features:

The absolute ease-of-use cannot be matched.

This product got me an ITIL help desk with a polished and simple knowledge base for my users in less than a day of configuration. Most help desk solutions are really outdated and clunky, or so complex they take a tremendous effort to implement correctly.

Freshservice was up and running without any expensive project planning, and all that without sacrificing features. It's a fully functional help desk, and then some.

Improvements to My Organization:

The end user-facing portal with the Solutions Library immediately improved our users' abilities to find their own answers. We were able to embed the widget in our SharePoint environment, allowing users to interact with the help desk from a familiar interface without having to open anything new.

Room for Improvement:

It's still a new product, so there are some areas that are a little frustrating. For example, the titles on catalog requests are so generic that they are completely unhelpful.

There is also not yet a way to set the due date based in a calculated value from a ticket field. For example, to set a New Employee task as due a day before the Expected Start Date on the request.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

it_user364146 - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of IT Services at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
We like the Active Directory authentication and that the portals/screens can be fully re-branded with images and custom colors.

What is most valuable?

It has several valuable features, including:

• Incident management
  • Web interface for staff with Active Directory authentication/pass-through
  • Portals/screens can be fully re-branded with images and custom colors

How has it helped my organization?

It's allowed us to gain feedback through the system from our staff and has given much better visibility and reporting on incidents and requests throughout our IT team.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see better reporting on changes and as well as enhancements to the task/time function. It also needs more customizable workflows for user forms.

I've used it since February 2015.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's been stable and we've had no issues with instability.

It's scaled sufficiently for us.

Technical support is good. I give them 7/10.

Hornbill Supportworks was the previous tool. Freshservice was chosen as it is intuitive and easy to use for support staff and customers, allowing for quick adoption.

It was extremely easy to set up. We had it up and running in less than an hour.

We implemented it in-house. Implementation was very straightforward and intuitive.

Due to our previous system being so poor, our ROI was effectively immediate as staff could easily log tickets via email, web, or over phone. We've gotten much better feedback from staff on the system, and support staff has been able to easily keep track of tickets.

There are different licensing models, so I'd suggest evaluating first to understand exactly what functionality is required, and then expanding when required. Switching models is simple and immediate.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for web-based ticket-management systems, it should be on the evaluation list. Given the setup is so simple, it could be evaluated very quickly from a functionality point-of-view.

Download our free Freshservice Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022