Hi community members,
We need a lightweight ticketing system with superior communication/ticket submission options like chat/SMS/email (for ease of use by end-users).
Having a KB would be ideal and we don't need a ton of depth around SLAs, billing or CRM features. As we're an EDU/K12 organization, price is a factor as well.
Can you recommend a good product/solution that matches the mentioned...
Greetings, first of all what makes a good ticket system?
Responding to your doubts, for ticket management to work, there must be an internal user commitment, document all the required information, follow up and solve what is required as far as possible, on the contrary, with proper follow-up.
However, I recommend GLPI TICKET, which can help you and with statistics.
Here a video how it works has subtitles in Spanish but it is easy to configure.
I recommend installing it in centos.
I'm to order.
Project Manager, Manager of ITSM Consulting Team at EPAM Systems
Jul 7, 2020
Setting up and running the IT help desk you most probably think about their ability to receive and route tickets in an efficient way. You need to address the following things:
- How they get tickets (portal, calls, e-mail). Good solution would do it mostly automatically without involving help desk members into the process. Proper self-service would allow optimizing the number of tickets.
- How they route tickets to higher levels of support. Again, in many cases it's possible to route tickets automatically so humans mostly focus on exceptional cases.
- How they communicate with users and higher-level support, if it's convenient enough, if the communication is logged properly.
- How smoothly Help Desk integrated with Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes.
- How Knowledge about resolved tickets is accumulated and shared.
- How to measure Help Desk performance.
To put it, in a nutshell, I'd recommend to look at ITSM Service Desk function holistically, as at the process (even though ITIL say it's a function) and consider typical people-processes-products-partners combination to ensure processes (SD and adjoining ones) are set accurately, properly automated and people are trained to follow them. Consider Help Desk outsourcing as major service providers have this capability in place and can provide Help Desk as an effective service already.