Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

ExtremeWireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ExtremeWireless is #9 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give ExtremeWireless an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. ExtremeWireless is most commonly compared to Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN: ExtremeWireless vs Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. ExtremeWireless is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is ExtremeWireless?
Extreme ExtremeWireless Access Points deliver wired-like performance, at scale for high-density in every environment. Smart Access Points are equally adept for both distributed and centralized deployment models. ExtremeWireless Controllers provide advanced functionality to allow organizations to define how wireless voice/video/data traffic is processed without architectural constraints and in accordance with business needs.
ExtremeWireless Customers
St. Xavier High School, Americatel, Diamond Light Source
ExtremeWireless Video

Archived ExtremeWireless Reviews (more than two years old)

Product manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good support, easy to manage, and excels in the cloud environment
  • "The technical support from Extreme Networks is perfect."
  • "The ability to integrate with network devices from other vendors would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor for various networking products and ExtremeWireless is one of the solutions that we have experience with. We do between 2,000 and 3,000 projects a year for industries such as hospitality, entertainment, and education.

What is most valuable?

Their main power is the cloud environment because it's much better than the others in the market.

This product is easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

We have used this product for about 11 years, since before Aerohive was acquired by Extreme Networks.

Wireless LAN
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, Aruba Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Stability is 100% because we have never had an experience with faulty hardware. This is a product that we will continue to distribute.

In terms of scalability, so far, we haven't found a project that it wasn't able to fulfill. I think that officially, they go up to more than 10,000 IPs. We don't have such big companies in the Netherlands.

The technical support from Extreme Networks is perfect. If we have an issue then there's always very quick response and we don't have any problems. As we are trained to give support to our clients, it is only on rare occasions that we need vendor support.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is all based in the cloud, so it's very simple.

We are fully trained to give our customers the second and third-line support.

There are both paid and free licenses of the cloud environment, with only basic functionality in the free version. The paid version is priced to fit the market. Suitability of one over the other depends on the customer's needs.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and one that I recommend.

Gassan Armouti - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
A stable and secure solution that is straightforward to implement
  • "The security is very good."
  • "The current product line is very high-level and is well suited for enterprise-level organizations, but they need a more cost-effective solution for smaller businesses."

What is our primary use case?

This product is typically used to cover normal Wi-Fi applications, such as the hospitality sector or small companies. We have been involved in lots of projects where we have installed this solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

This is part of an all-in-one solution for voice and wireless data. It has all of the basic features that the customers need.

The security is very good.

What needs improvement?

We began using this solution when it was Avaya Wireless, starting about ten years ago.

This product is very stable.

This solution scales very well. We have not yet had problems scaling up to the number of access points that are needed. Our customers are a mix of medium-sized and enterprise-level businesses.

The technical support is good. Their team is very helpful if you need it.

I have also worked with similar products from Aruba.

The initial setup is straightforward, typically taking about an hour to deploy. As long as the access points have been installed and are powered up, it takes about an hour to configure.

Our in-house team deploys this solution for our clients. Typically, two or three people are involved, depending on the size of the project.

What other advice do I have?

With the inception of the Extreme Cloud, we are now in the process of migrating all of our customers to that cloud-based deployment.

Concerning Extreme Wireless, our customers are happy and I haven't had any specific requests for new features.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to take the required training.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Download our free Wireless LAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, Aruba Networks, and more!
Updated: September 2022