DarwinBox OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

DarwinBox is the #6 ranked solution in top Cloud HCM tools. PeerSpot users give DarwinBox an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. DarwinBox is most commonly compared to SAP SuccessFactors: DarwinBox vs SAP SuccessFactors. DarwinBox is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.

Download the Cloud HCM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is DarwinBox?

Darwinbox is a cloud-based, feature-rich human resources management system that emphasizes on usability and data protection. ... The software unifies all your HR processes, enabling you to be on top of your employees' whole lifecycle with a centralized, singular platform.

DarwinBox Customers
Myntra, GVK BIO, Bisleri, Times Internet, Delhivery, Aarti
DarwinBox Video

DarwinBox Reviews

Ayan Bandyopadhyay - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Analyst at Vedanta
Has a very intuitive user interface and a fairly smooth implementation process
  • "The solution that we used previously was very complex. As a result, without referring to the manuals and consulting an expert, it was difficult for a newly hired employee to navigate the platform. However, this is not the case with Darwinbox. It has a very intuitive user interface, and anyone can use it and implement it without having to use a guide or a walk through process. It's very simple."
  • "Like most software, it has a base version, the vanilla, out-of-the-box version, and customization is required to match it to the unique processes of each company. The Darwinbox team seems to be having difficulty with the customization process. They have to be a little more mature to customize it as per every company's need."

What is our primary use case?

We use Darwinbox for the HR hire-to-retire life cycle. Everything from hiring to separation and everything in between, including rewards and recognition, performance management, and even the social media aspect, is handled through Darwinbox.

What is most valuable?

The solution that we used previously was very complex. As a result, without referring to the manuals and consulting an expert, it was difficult for a newly hired employee to navigate the platform. However, this is not the case with Darwinbox. It has a very intuitive user interface, and anyone can use it and implement it without having to use a guide or a walk through process. It's very simple.

It has a page called Vibe, which is analogous to Facebook, and an employee help desk module as well.

What needs improvement?

With my very limited knowledge and experience, at present, I think it can be improved from the perspective of customization.

Like most software, it has a base version, the vanilla, out-of-the-box version, and customization is required to match it to the unique processes of each company. The Darwinbox team seems to be having difficulty with the customization process. They have to be a little more mature to customize it as per every company's need.

I would definitely like to see a better chatbot. Even though it has an existing chatbot, it's more of a click-and-navigate one. What I would like to see is one that responds to vocal commands. For example, if I were to say, "I want to see my performance appraisal rating," it should automatically detect that and go to that page. What we currently have requires us to write specific tags. For instance, instead of saying the entire line, I have to write "performance appraisal." Then, it will give some options, and we have to click and go to that option page.

I've been using it for five months. It has not been fully implemented yet, but some modules have already been implemented.

It is deployed on the cloud.

Cloud HCM
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about DarwinBox, SAP, Workday and others in Cloud HCM. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is too soon to comment on the stability of the solution, but from my perspective, it has been pretty stable so far at my company.

With regard to scalability, our company is one of the largest use cases for Darwinbox. It is a pretty trusted solution for small- and medium-scale companies, but for large conglomerates, there hasn't been a lot of use cases. At present, their expertise lies more towards medium-scale companies.

The adoption rate currently is not that high because it takes some time to go from one well-established system to a completely new system. However, we are targeting at least a hundred percent adoption rate going forward. This will be the standalone program in our organization for anything HR.

Technical support is pretty helpful, even though they struggle to understand the customized requirement. However, they definitely do not shy away from helping us no matter the day or time. So, I would give them a seven out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We previously used a system that was very well established and had a very rich background experience.

We switched because it was not able to provide us the kind of data report and analytics that we were asking for. The other reason for switching to Darwinbox was the ease of use.

With respect deployment, I mainly use the employee master data, which has the name, organizational structure, the data of the employees, etc., and it was pretty intuitive.

I've also had experience with the Vibe module and performance management. We have set the annual goals and KPIs, which was also very streamlined.

All in all, I have no complaints, and the experience has been pretty smooth. A little polish is needed here and there though.

Deployment was initially targeted to be around a year or so, given the number of employees we have. However, due to certain hurdles and certain customization requirements, it has been extended.

The Darwinbox team deployed the solution, and we used a third party to manage the timeline, updates, and so on.

What other advice do I have?

If you are a medium-scale organization, definitely give it a shot. However, Darwinbox is more focused towards the APAC region, so you would need to take into account the location of your organization. Those in Europe may have to go with another solution as a result.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at nine.

Download our free Cloud HCM Report and find out what your peers are saying about DarwinBox, SAP, Workday, and more!
Updated: November 2022