IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Dameware Remote Support OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Dameware Remote Support?
DameWare products are designed to put more hours into your day. In today's distributed, high-speed work environments, having the power to remotely support your key systems, servers, desktops, and laptops, as well as interactively support users, provides real-time savings and lets you get more things done. Manage it all without leaving your desk with DameWare. DameWare Remote Support is a comprehensive and secure on-premises remote desktop client that allows you to control remote users' computers from your desktop, Android, or iOS device, connect to unattended systems, as well as manage your Windows servers and Active Directory infrastructure. DameWare Mini Remote Control delivers fast, secure, simple remote desktop and laptop control. DameWare MRC includes all the features you need and want and is the best value in remote control software. DameWare Patch Manager is a complete patch management solution that allows you to patch both Microsoft and 3rd party applications from one easy-to-use console. With DameWare Patch Manager you can quickly and easily generate patches, deploy them and report on their success.

Dameware Remote Support was previously known as DameWare, SolarWinds DameWare, SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support.

Dameware Remote Support Customers
Illinois School District
Dameware Remote Support Video

Archived Dameware Remote Support Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user323577 - PeerSpot reviewer
Tier1 - IT Support Technician at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
We're able to see issues from the users' perspectives, but there are issues when connecting over VPN.

What is most valuable?

The ability to see issue from users perspective and installation of software.

How has it helped my organization?

Worked well for awhile but issues with it connecting over VPN was a major drawback.

We've been using it since 2009. We also utilize GoToAssist which has more features and runs smoother. It also allows us to send files to the user, and connect to users working remotely over VPN which Dameware does not do.

No issues encountered.
Remote Access
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, Microsoft, TeamViewer and others in Remote Access. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

VPN users are an issue as well as some machines that just will not allow the client to connect, then we have to utilize GoToAssist.

No issues encountered.

We are actually using Dameware for systems on our network, and for VPN users we utilize GoToAssist.

It was very easy to install.

We did it in-house.

What other advice do I have?

Would recommend GoToAssist honestly, as it does everything Dameware does only better and offers more features.
it_user286833 - PeerSpot reviewer
Level 2 Help desk Support Analyst at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Using it has made our troubleshooting faster and easier.

How has it helped my organization?

Using DameWare has made the troubleshooting process faster. It's easier for us and for the customer.

What needs improvement?

There are no improvements I can think of right off the bat. The software is pretty simplistic.

I have used the remote version for five years.

There where no issues when we deployed the product.

DameWare is a pretty stable product, and we've had no stability issues.

No issues with scalability.

It's great.

When I first started working for this company in 2007, we used PC Anywhere, and our customers were still on dial-up. Once we went to DSL and cable connections, we needed a better solution so the company chose DameWare.

It's straightforward for the most part.

It was implemented by an in-house help desk team in our company.

Remote Access
June 2022
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user273750 - PeerSpot reviewer
SCCM Remediation Specialist at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
The Remote Support tool allows techs to link to off-network users, but the knowledge base lacks updated articles.

What is most valuable?

The ability to control admin rights through AD groups allows the techs to have all of the rights that they would normally without adjustments on the backend of the product. The Internet Sessions with the Remote Support tool also help for field support as well

How has it helped my organization?

The Internet Sessions with the Remote Support tool, because it allows the tech to send a link to the user who is off network for support.

What needs improvement?

SolarWinds has a great KB but many of the articles are lacking updated information and the keyword search is lacking if you don't have previous experience with the product and encounter issues.

One year on the current version, and seven and a half in total.

The deployment was standard.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

8/10.

6/10.

GoToMeeting was the previous application, and we changed for more control and license pricing.

Once the server was fully configured, there were no other issues, but there was very little information on how to initially configure the central server.

If determining licensing and pricing, you might want to consider an across the board price for Remote Support rather than the Mini Control Unit. You will discover that even using the centralized version, some users will still need to have the elevated features.

Download our free Remote Access Report and find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, Microsoft, TeamViewer, and more!
Updated: June 2022