IT Cyber Security Engineer at a legal firm with 201-500 employees
Could improve the number of false positives, and ineffective, but is simple to install
  • "Its setup is simple if you have a Windows device; it is executable."
  • "It was not effective. There were a lot of false positives, even when we use Adobe, and everybody uses Adobe, which is not a threat."

What is our primary use case?

We use CylancePROTECT for import protection, which is why we got it.

We switched from one product to another, believing this would be a better fit based on what we were informed, but it just didn't work as it should.

What needs improvement?

We have been dissatisfied with CylanceProtect and CylanceOPTICS and want to leave within the next several months. It just hasn't been an effective tool.

We are in the process of moving on to another solution.

I have been working with CylancePROTECT for just over two years.

We are an enterprise company.

CylancePROTECT
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about CylancePROTECT. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have experience with Blackberry Cylance.

I have some experience with CylanceOPTICS which is part of CylanceGateway.

Its setup is simple if you have a Windows device; it is executable.

You start the program, make a few clicks, and then enter an extension code into it. Then it begins to mute services before installing. It's fairly simple, maybe five or six minutes.

We never implemented a single solution. We completed what is known as the university installation, and it does the bundle installation. The single-bite variant was never used. We used the bundle to make it easier.

We went through a third party initially to do the renewal, but we won't be renewing, we will move on to something else.

We received both. We prepared a quotation for a year. It is based on a calendar year. We spent a year on both Protect and Optics.

I would rate the pricing a three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CylancePROTECT a three out of ten.

Sooraj Makkancherrry - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Manager at Philips
Easy to implement and deploy but has performance issues
  • "The solution is easy to deploy."
  • "It is hard to manage."

What is most valuable?

The product is easy to implement and deploy.

What needs improvement?

I cannot control the agent. If the agent is installed on a machine, then it'll report back. If I have 15 machines on an agent, I cannot see that 15 machines unless I install the agent on each.

The solution is not stable right now. The performance isn't so good.

It's a hard product to maintain.

I have found support to be quite bad.

We want them to offer better pricing.

I have not found the solution to be stable at this time.

While it can scale, it's not scalable right now.

The whole company is working with the solution. We have 30,000 machines with it.

Technical support is bad. I am not happy with the level of support they offer. We have no proper resolutions.

I previously used McAfee. At first, CylancePROTECT was better, however, now we are unhappy with its capabilities. In the end, they couldn't support our product

The solution is easy to deploy. However, it is hard to manage.

I don't have to worry about maintenance. I don't handle any maintenance tasks.

The pricing is not reasonable. I'm not sure of the exact number. However, we'd prefer if we paid less.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

I'd advise potential users that, if they think that the features will represent your organization or the company, then it is fine. Otherwise, don't do it.

I would rate the solution five out of ten.

CylancePROTECT
December 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Akhlaq Ahmed - PeerSpot reviewer
BlackBerry Cylance SME - Resident Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good endpoint protection, stable, easy to install, and the support is good
  • "I like the AI and mathematical components that they use."
  • "It's a good solution but some features just need to be updated."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution as a customer and I provide services for my clients. We are system integrators and we use this solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

I like the AI and mathematical components that they use.

I like the pre-execution method of protection that prevents infection. It is a nice feature.

What needs improvement?

I have already suggested features that need to be improved and Blackberry is already working on those improvements. For example, the interface and the Cylance Optics need to be improved a fair bit.

It's a good solution but some features just need to be updated.

I have been using Blackberry Protect for almost four years.

Blackberry Protect is stable. I have not experienced any issues with bugs or had any limitations with this Blackberry product. It's a good solution.

Technical support is good, but the response time could be improved. They can take two or three days to get back to you with a solution.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is very easy to install.

It's not so heavily priced; rather, it's average and decent.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend going with Blackberry Cylance, it's good.

It's a very lightweight agent that doesn't put very much pressure on the computers, it's really good in terms of resources.

I would rate Blackberry Protect a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Senior NOC Security Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 51-200 employees
MSP
A flexible solution with robust endpoint malware protection
  • "I find the actual overall endpoint malware protection the most valuable feature of CylancePROTECT."
  • "I'd like them to do software distribution too, but they said that that's architecturally not at the product line."

What is our primary use case?

We use CylancePROTECT for overall endpoint malware protection.

How has it helped my organization?

CylancePROTECT works really well with the way we work. It's flexible. It moves with people, whether you're virtual or working off-site or working here or whatever, it doesn't matter. We can manage it all in one place.

What is most valuable?

I find the actual overall endpoint malware protection the most valuable feature of CylancePROTECT.

What needs improvement?

I'd like them to do software distribution too, but they said that that's architecturally not at the product line. I'd like to see where they can push to avoid using another product to push the agents.

I have been using CylancePROTECT for almost seven years.

It's a stable solution, and I haven't seen anything bad.

CylancePROTECT's scalability seems very good. All the way from one to 100,000. We've seen it go both ways. All the way around. I've been in organizations that have had it too—they were much larger.

Technical support is very good and pretty responsive.

We used Carbon Black before and switched to CylancePROTECT because it failed.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

Private Cloud
Coordinator of special projects at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Very good at protecting us and blocking whatever is necessary

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this product is for protection of our computers and network. I'm the coordinator of special projects and we are customers of CyclancePROTECT.

What is most valuable?

The solution does a good job of blocking whatever it thinks needs to be blocked and it doesn't require a lot of performance from the computer.

What needs improvement?

The implementation was complicated requiring some things that felt unsafe. After that, it was easy

I've been using this solution for the past 12 months.

Scalability is perfect - we have around 100 users. It doesn't require a lot of staff for maintenance.

I haven't needed to use technical support, the supplier helps us with anything that needs fixing.

The initial setup was quite complicated, it took us a month or two with the reseller doing a good job assisting us with the initial configuration.

We currently pay an annual license fee although I'd prefer we were paying on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It's important to have a plan and the time to deploy it correctly.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

IT Manager at PBD
Stable and reasonably-priced solution

What needs improvement?

CylancePROTECT's dashboard could be more user-friendly.

I've been using CylancePROTECT for three years.

CylancePROTECT is very stable - we've had no issues with performance and no errors or bugs.

CylancePROTECT is scalable.

CylancePROTECT's technical support is non-existent.

The initial setup was easy.

CylancePROTECT's pricing is reasonable, at about €18 per user, per year.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CylancePROTECT as nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free CylancePROTECT Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022