Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
NeilMistry - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder and Ceo at MIS3 inc.
Simple, requires little management and is easy to set up
  • "The solution is easy to deploy and manage."
  • "We're a small organization. I'm not sure how it would fare if you were larger and had more and more users and added complexity."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile and endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is extremely simple. That's what makes it great. It just works. There's no management of it, really. The sheer simplicity is what has really improved overall.

What is most valuable?

The threat intel provided is very good. The overall vulnerability and identification, for example, are excellent. As is the malware protection.

CrowdStrike is actually probably the most well-rounded endpoint platform. They're the leader according to Gartner.

The solution is easy to deploy and manage.

The product is able to handle mobile as well as the cloud and various operating systems.

What needs improvement?

I don't think the solution is really missing any features.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for about a year at this point.

The solution is quite stable. It doesn't fail or freeze. It doesn't seem to have bugs or glitches. We find it very reliable.

The scalability is good. If you need to scale it, you can.

The solution isn't too complex to set up. We found it pretty easy to implement and deploy, actually. We're a small organization, so we didn't have too much complexity, however. We're less than 20 people, so our organization's setup was pretty quick.

We handled the entire implementation process with our own team in-house. We didn't need the assistance of a consultant or integrator.

The company has to make money. I understand why they charge what they do, and I see the value in the product. Therefore, the pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

We're the secure digital transformation leader in Canada. We're customers and consultants that use different solutions. We're also a partner. We provide managed services and we actually sell the software.

We're 100% on the cloud and all of our solutions are on the cloud. We're using the latest version of the solution.

Overall, I would rate them ten out of ten. They have a great, holistic platform.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Global Data Protection/Privacy Manager, FIP, CIPP/E, CIPM, CISSP at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, flexible, and free of any issues
  • "The solution is quite flexible."
  • "The solution should include some sort of DLP capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we're trying to understand which solution would be able to help us to block external ports on computers. We're looking at Crowdstrike and working to understand how they can help us handle this.

What is most valuable?

While I'm not directly on the team that deals with the solution daily, I would say that the solution is very stable.

The solution is quite flexible.

We haven't had any issues with the product so far.

What needs improvement?

It's my understanding that the reporting aspect of the solution could be improved. It should be more flexible and robust.

The solution should include some sort of DLP capabilities.

I've been using the solution for a while. It's been about three years or so.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance is great.

We have more than 25,000 users on the solution currently.

We are currently evaluating the solution to see if we will continue to use it or not going forward. Until that is done, I can't speak to if there are plans to increase usage.

I've never been in touch with technical support. A different team handles that aspect. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I can't provide any useful insights at this time.

The initial setup took place about three years ago. At the time it was installed I wasn't a part of the company. Therefore, I can't speak to how easy or difficult the solution is to set up and deploy. I wasn't a part of the process.

We pay a licensing fee in order to use the solution, however, I can't speak to the overall cost. It's not an aspect of the solution I directly deal with.

What other advice do I have?

My company is a customer and an end-user of the solution. It doesn't have any direct affiliation with Crowdstrike.

We're using the latest version of the solution at this time. I can't speak to what the actual version number is.

I'd rate the solution, on a scale from one to ten, at an eight. We're mostly quite satisfied with the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete
September 2022
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Natthapong Prayadsub - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Infrastructure Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Stable, with good pricing but could offer better reporting
  • "We found the initial setup to be quick and easy for the most part."
  • "The reporting could be better. It's not as good as it could be."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable.

We found the initial setup to be quick and easy for the most part.

The product can scale if you need it to.

The pricing of the product is okay. It's not too expensive.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be better. It's not as good as it could be. If they could improve that a bit, and make it more robust, that would be ideal.

We've been using the solution for one and a half years. It hasn't been a very long time just yet.

The solution is quite stable. We find it reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches. It's been good so far.

The solution can scale If a company needs to expand it, they should be able to do so with relative ease.

We have about 10,000 users in our company that benefit from the solution.

We will continue to use the product and may even increase usage in the future.

I haven't contacted technical support. Therefore, I can't make an assessment of their services.

We previously used Kaspersky. We used it up until around 2018 and then we switched.

The installation is not so complex. In fact, it's relatively straightforward. A company shouldn't have issues implementing it.

The deployment is pretty fast as well. It took us about one month to have everything up and running.

We had about five people who worked on the setup and deployment in our organization.

We handled the deployment ourselves. We didn't require any outside assistance. We didn't hire an integrator or consultant. It was all handled in-house.

We've found the pricing to be reasonable. We pay a certain amount for licensing and that's it. It's not too much.

What other advice do I have?

It's my understanding that we are using the latest version of the solution.

I would definitely recommend this product to other companies.

I'd rate the solution, on a scale from one to ten, at a nine. We've been quite happy with it so far.

Lead Systems Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Light on resources, effective signatureless detection, beneficial vulnerability assessments
  • "CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has a very lightweight agent that provides signatureless detection protection from known and unknown malware or ransomware which is very useful."
  • "CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is not providing application control. This is a very useful feature in any endpoint security because if you want to block any malicious activity of any particular application, you can not block it in this solution. However, you are able to block hashes, but not executable files or processes. Additionally, this solution does not provide a user risk score. These are two areas that CrowdStrike Falcon Complete can improve on in the future."

What is our primary use case?

We have been testing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete but we have not implemented it in our production at this time. However, we have found useful features in CrowdStrike.

What is most valuable?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has a very lightweight agent that provides signatureless detection protection from known and unknown malware or ransomware which is very useful.

The vulnerability assessment feature is a great benefit that provides detailed assessments of vulnerability. There are plenty of visualization of the threat; if any attack happens they explain in a visualization how the attack happens, how much the system has been affected, and what is the source. This information has allowed us to make the appropriate action.

What needs improvement?

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for a short period of time.

The solution is scalable.

Our customers are mostly large organizations. A recent customer has approximately 15,000 endpoints.

We only raised one case with the technical support and they solved the issue very quickly. Since we only had this one occasion we dealt with the support we are not aware of the consistency of their support.

I have previously used Trend Micro Apex One with Trend Micro Managed XDR.

The initial setup was straightforward. It is easy to install for an end-user system from a third-party application. For a single installation, it can be done with a few clicks of the mouse, it is not complicated, anyone can install it.

We have a team of approximately three that can manage CrowdStrike Falcon Complete from System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). We do not need to go to every system and install it, all of it can be done through the SCCM.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend CrowdStrike Falcon Complete to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Deputy Manager Of Information Technology at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
A reliable solution with good features and good support, but it is very expensive and has a lot of false positives
  • "EDR and Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) are good features. The Spotlight feature is also good, and it also can detect patching-related vulnerabilities."
  • "We have also been using Cisco AMP for Endpoints for three years. We have received multiple detections in Cisco AMP for Endpoints, and we had to take some actions, whereas CrowdStrike has not detected anything critical since it has been implemented. Most of the incidents that it has detected are false positives. They should work on the false-positive issue. When it is implemented throughout the organization, it gets very difficult to check each false positive and investigate what is correct and what is not correct. It requires technical and manual intervention."

What is our primary use case?

We implemented this solution to secure everything in our environment, such as our endpoints, servers, and network.

What is most valuable?

EDR and Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) are good features. The Spotlight feature is also good, and it also can detect patching-related vulnerabilities.

What needs improvement?

We have also been using Cisco AMP for Endpoints for three years. We have received multiple detections in Cisco AMP for Endpoints, and we had to take some actions, whereas CrowdStrike has not detected anything critical since it has been implemented. Most of the incidents that it has detected are false positives. They should work on the false-positive issue. When it is implemented throughout the organization, it gets very difficult to check each false positive and investigate what is correct and what is not correct. It requires technical and manual intervention.

I have been using this solution for two months.

It is stable and reliable.

We have not scaled it, but we have implemented it across the company.

They have been very responsive. There are no concerns about their service.

We also use Cisco AMP for Endpoints. Cisco AMP for Endpoints is signature-based, and CrowdStrike is behavior-based. We have received multiple detections in Cisco AMP for Endpoints, whereas CrowdStrike has not detected anything critical since it has been implemented. There are a lot of false positives.

Both Cisco AMP for Endpoints and CrowdStrike are agent-based, but with Cisco AMP for Endpoints, we get a much slower system because it requires a lot of processing power, whereas CrowdStrike doesn't require a lot of processing power.

In terms of pricing, CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is 50% more expensive than Cisco AMP for Endpoints.

Its price is very high. CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is 50% more expensive than Cisco AMP for Endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution. It is definitely one of the best products in the market, but so many false positives are its minus point. Cisco AMP for Endpoints is better than this.

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
IT Operations Lead at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple management, efficient dashboards , but difficult implementation
  • "CrowdStrike Falcon Complete's most valuable features are efficient dashboards and their ease of management."
  • "The improvements needed for CrowdStrike Falcon Complete are in the way the agent updates. The overall management of endpoints needs to be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for the management of endpoints, which are located onshore and offshore.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is mainly for endpoint protection, and we used it alongside Microsoft Defender, to secure our assets, which are either domains or newgroups.

What is most valuable?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete's most valuable features are efficient dashboards and their ease of management.

What needs improvement?

The improvements needed for CrowdStrike Falcon Complete are in the way the agent updates. The overall management of endpoints needs to be better.

In the next release of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete, they should include more security towards endpoints, add device management, and PAM solutions along with their endpoint solutions.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for approximately two years.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is stable. If they make any changes in the backend, then they leave their clients with very little choice, they either have to force manage everything or they can be left out.

The scalability of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is good. We are in the cloud making scalability not a problem.

The support for CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is not good. They take a very long time to respond, it takes 24 to 28 hours for them to get back to us.

I have used previously Microsoft Defender for Endpoints.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoints is a very basic endpoint security solution. I cannot even compare it with CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

The initial implementation of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete, including the creation of policies and aspects, is fairly easy. However, the only challenge is to roll out the endpoints individually onto all systems. If you have a large network and you don't have an SCCM or any other solution through which you can roll out, it becomes cumbersome. The solution does not come with any auto ruling platform feature.

The price of this solution is expensive compared to others solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a seven out of ten.

IT Analyst at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Proven to improve our meantime to closure, and provides a much richer and broader scale of intelligence to each of the incidents and detections
  • "The threat intelligence of CrowdStrike Falcon is the most valuable feature."
  • "The solution could use an on-demand scan feature."

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike Falcon Complete as an endpoint detection and response solution. We have over 10,000 users of this product. It requires less than 10 staff to deploy and maintain CrowdStrike. We are looking at rolling out more features of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

CrowdStrike has improved our meantime to closure on incidents. By enabling us to have more contextual awareness for each of the detections, it provides a much richer and broader scale of intelligence to each of the incidents and detections.

What is most valuable?

The threat intelligence of CrowdStrike Falcon is the most valuable feature. I also  enjoy their contextual awareness, endpoint detection and response.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use an on-demand scan feature.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for 18 months.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is stable.

The solution is scalable. We did a proof of concept with CrowdStrike versus others. CrowdStrik lived up to these capabilities.

I have used their technical support, and they are good. I would rate them a four out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We were using a couple of other solutions before CrowdStrike and decided to move away from them as they weren't as good.

The initial setup of CrowdStrike is fairly straightforward. I would rate the initial setup a four out of five.

We used a professional service, an integrator, to implement the solution. Our organization is complex, so the roll-out took a couple of months.

What other advice do I have?

From what I understand from our network architect, CrowdStrike Falcon is good value for the money required. We receive good service and support. The training is excellent. They offer a number of free classes to train users and analysts. It is a very capable product.

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten overall.

Hybrid Cloud
Aaron Bock - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Partner at Opkalla
Great for small or large organizations, set up specialist assigned and immediate return on investment
  • "The stability is great for CrowdStrike Falcon Complete."
  • "As of recent, their MITRE scores were not as good as in years past."

What is our primary use case?

I would say it is for endpoint security, malware, antivirus, and advanced threat monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

I would say it secures the edge for customers more than they were before. It makes them more secure.

What is most valuable?

I think the AI and the analytics around stopping threats as they come in and learning as threats happen is probably the biggest selling feature.

What needs improvement?

I think the pricing is a little high. As of recent, their MITRE scores were not as good as in years past. I would like to see them integrate Humio, which is their SOC or their SIM platform. I would like to see them integrate that into a single solution.

I have been working with CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for the past year and a half.

The stability is great.

They are very scalable even large organizations use CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

I would say it's pretty good for the most part. I would give it an eight out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is pretty easy. You are given an implementation specialist. Deployment usually takes a couple of weeks for a bigger organization. For a smaller organization, it could take a couple of days. For just the straight endpoint protection product, you are probably looking at eight dollars a month per user. If you're doing the Falcon Complete with monitoring and the SOC, you're probably looking at eighteen or nineteen dollars a month per user.

A lot of them used MacAfee, Silance, or a couple of other solutions. There's more AI and more built into it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022