Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Partner at Fortium Partners: Interim, virtual & fractional CISO and CPO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good intelligence, outstanding security whitepapers, excellent support, and does what it is supposed to do
  • "Their intelligence is really good. The security whitepapers that they write are outstanding. They handle it all for the clients. CrowdStrike Complete is managed by CrowdStrike. They only call a client if there is a problem that they can't address. They pretty much contain and eradicate. This is not something that every vendor provides."
  • "People should be able to obtain training at any point of the engagement so that if somebody who doesn't have the basic knowledge is getting thrown into it, they are able to get trained, and CrowdStrike is able to help them out. CrowdStrike is really doing what they're supposed to be doing, but it is like anything else where they have to keep up on their research and development, or they'll fall behind. This is a fast-paced environment, and I've seen that vendors that were really good three years ago are terrible now. CrowdStrike is trying to stay ahead of the bad guys. They have AI. I have not had a problem with them missing anything. If they missed something, they should just make sure that they don't miss it again and understand why they missed it. I don't know if they did."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it for protecting themselves from getting ransomware. Their use case is just to protect their endpoints because it is really bad out there.

It is a hybrid deployment. You have to have agents on all the endpoints, and all the CrowdStrike AI is on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

They handle it all for the clients. CrowdStrike Complete is managed by CrowdStrike. They only call a client if there is a problem that they can't address. They pretty much contain and eradicate. This is not something that every vendor provides.

What needs improvement?

People should be able to obtain training at any point of the engagement so that if somebody who doesn't have the basic knowledge is getting thrown into it, they are able to get trained, and CrowdStrike is able to help them out.

I have been using this solution for years.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable.

It is easy. All you need to do is to get the correct pricing. When you add more endpoints, you are going to pay more for the license. When you do mergers and acquisitions, it is always a concern. If you've got really good security products in one company but not in the other one, you have to bring them in.

Most of our clients are medium-sized companies. We also have large clients, but they have got full security staff. CrowdStrike does well in medium-sized companies because they need them really badly. With CrowdStrike Complete, they don't have to have the staff to manage it.

I have interacted with them, and they are excellent.

Our clients had other solutions, and they switched because they got ransomware. A lot of solutions aren't always what they say they are. Some are good, but people don't have the staff to manage them. With CrowdStrike Complete, you don't have to have the staff to manage it.

Its initial setup is very straightforward. The agents are really easy to roll out.

I always tell my clients that it is a partnership. You have to do health checks with them to make sure that you're doing what you should be doing and they're doing what they're supposed to be doing.  Sometimes, clients put products in place, and they leave them. Then they find out that they didn't set them right, and now they're a victim of a ransomware attack that they could have avoided. They had the right security product in place.

CrowdStrike should be promoting these health checks with their clients, and they do, but I don't know if all salespeople do it. That is so important because sometimes it is not the vendor that caused the issue. It is the client, but they didn't know any better.

They are really reasonable for the services they are providing. When you add more endpoints, you are going to pay more for the license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would advise others to get the best pricing and doing it around the quarters. You should really understand the pricing structure and the fact that you still need somebody to be able to take their call if there is something they can't do. Do health checks, and make sure that it is implemented correctly and you have got all your endpoints covered. It is a partnership between the vendor and the customer, and CrowdStrike is really good at that.

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a ten out of ten.

IT Security Operations Administrator at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Very scalable, easy to set up and excellent AI detection capabilities
  • "The solution is user-friendly."
  • "The customization could be tweaked. We can do a bunch of custom dashboards. However, the one thing that I'm not a fan of is when you go to do an investigation, the way that the processes are laid out on the screen is very bland looking. While the information is there, it could be laid out better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for server endpoint protection as well as client and user client endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows us to have a single pane of glass for observing our antivirus and for any malicious activity. It allowed us to simplify investigations as well. It's basically helped keep our organization more secure.

What is most valuable?

The AI detection has been excellent in terms of detection and stopping malicious processes with little to no input on our end.

Over the last year, we've had two instances where we've actually had to take a machine offline and do some forensics, however, for the most part, it's been great in terms of stopping anything suspicious from running on people's machines.

The solution is user-friendly.

The product seems to integrate well with other products.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't missing any features at this point. It's ticking all the boxes for our organization. There really isn't anything that I can see that would make me want to change providers.

The customization could be tweaked. We can do a bunch of custom dashboards. However, the one thing that I'm not a fan of is when you go to do an investigation, the way that the processes are laid out on the screen is very bland looking. While the information is there, it could be laid out better. I've seen other products like Cisco Secure that gives you a better view of the issues. Cisco just presents the data differently, and it's easier to look at.

I've been using the solution for about one year at this point.

We haven't suffered from bugs and have had no issues with updates. Everything is very light. It's very reliable and very stable.

We added about a thousand hosts since we rolled this out, and we have more coming online and have had no impact on our environment due to the fact that it's a cloud staff solution. The product is very scalable. There's no issue in that sense.

We have granted access to the dashboard to about five people, and it can be anyone from IT operations, server operations, and IT security.

Technical support has been great. I'd rate them ten out of ten. You can open up tickets right from the dashboard itself, and they're very quick to answer questions. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

We used a different solution, and we switched due to the fact that CrowdStrike gave us the ability to replace our antivirus. At the time, we didn't have an EDR solution, therefore, CrowdStrike did both in terms of being able to detect an antivirus as well as proper endpoint detection and remediation.

The initial setup is not complex at all. The implementation is extremely straightforward and very easy.

Actually, one of the companies that we recently acquired was using another product and they wanted to know how easy it was to install our CrowdStrike. We had them uninstall their products on their servers and then install CrowdStrike, and it turns out uninstalling the other product took longer than the actual install of CrowdStrike.

Our company is very mindful when it comes to purchasing - whether it's software or equipment. I believe the folks that made the decision to purchase this product did so based on price and performance. I wouldn't say there is an issue with pricing. We are redoing our license with them. If that was an issue, I'm pretty sure I would have been asked to look at other products. Therefore, although I don't know the exact pricing, my assumption is that the cost is rather reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'd advise other organizations to definitely do a proof of concept in their organization, and then go from there.

Overall, I'd give the solution a nine out of ten. It ticks all the boxes for everything that we need to do for investigations in our environment.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ABDUL-SHEIKH - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of technology at Commtel
The solution integrates well and allows our customers to automate their site intelligence.
  • "Falcon's threat intel is strong, and the solution allows our customers to automate their site intelligence. We can integrate Falcon X with the other platforms we use, like FireEye, Insight, Cybertech, and Kaspersky."
  • "I would love for the threat intelligence part to be more globalized to provide a tailored response to types of malware and ransomware that are trending in other regions. For example, they can add a feature to tell us that there are separate attacks in South Asia or East Asia occurring at these times, so we can supply those things to our environment and protect ourselves."

What is our primary use case?

Falcon is a threat intelligence platform. In cybersecurity, there's always a chance you'll get breached and gaps that need to be addressed, but you'll never know unless there is a threat seeking to exploit that particular weakness. Most use cases for Falcon will be directly ingested into our Siemens server. The total number of users on the solution is around 1,500.

What is most valuable?

Falcon's threat intel is strong, and the solution allows our customers to automate their site intelligence. We can integrate Falcon X with the other platforms we use, like FireEye, Insight, Cybertech, and Kaspersky.

The threat intelligence comes from Falcon X and goes directly into the SIEM and SOAR. That provides us valuable feedback for the use cases being used. If my analyst wants to check suspicious or malicious activities, they get the maximum information from Falcon X about URLs, IPs, domains, hashes, etc.

What needs improvement?

I would love for the threat intelligence part to be more globalized to provide a tailored response to types of malware and ransomware that are trending in other regions.

For example, they can add a feature to tell us that there are separate attacks in South Asia or East Asia occurring at these times, so we can supply those things to our environment and protect ourselves.

We've been using Crowdstrike Falcon Complete for almost a year.

Falcon is easy to scale.

I rate CrowdStrike support eight out of 10. Overall, the customer service is excellent, and the backend teams are highly responsive. We have a good relationship with CrowdStrike.  The sales, technical, backend, and R&D teams work closely with the customers.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Falcon X is a cloud-based subscription model, so you just need an account from CrowdStrike. You can log in and set it up in 5 to 10 minutes. It ultimately on how well you understand the technology. If you're familiar with the technology, it's straightforward, but you might find it complicated if this is your first time using it.

There's a lot of information and options in front of you. If you don't know where you have to go for specific information, you'll think it's complicated. The amount of maintenance depends on whether there's a particular update or batch on the back end.

The licenses for both Carbon Black and Crowdstrike are expensive, but it depends on how the vendors scale the price and negotiate with the customer. So if you have a customer with 7,000 users, the vendor will offer them a low price per user to get them on board. If you have a few hundred users, the price will be a little bit more.

There's a huge price difference at various scales. I was surprised that the license for a hundred users went as high as $120 per user, whereas the same product might cost $30 for 6,000 users.

I haven't worked on the backend part of Carbon Black, so it's hard for me to compare both products. We're using the EDR for Carbon Black with CrowdStrike's threat intelligence.

Carbon Black is an impressive tool for analysis because it provides in-depth information and a complete triage file for the analysts. In the CrowdStrike, you have some sort of limited information and for the in-depth information you need to take it, Carbon Black provides that particular thing on the first view.

What other advice do I have?

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete nine out of 10. Before you deploy the product, you need to do research, understand the capabilities, and assess your requirements. You should know what you need before you purchase something. It's not like buying jeans, where you can get another pair if you're not satisfied. You should be certain that it fits your requirement.

Budgets are always a challenge in the security field because every CEO or company owner thinks IT security is a burden. It doesn't generate profit, and the company needs to spend money on products and services. You might not go for the best product if you have budgetary constraints.

FSE at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
A competitive, highly stable and scalable solution with a good engine
  • "CrowsStrike Falcon Complete is a good solid endpoint protection solution; it has a good engine and is on par in terms of efficacy with SentinelOne, and with Microsoft Defender for endpoint protection."
  • "I prefer to put a pound into the prevention and an ounce into the cure, but CrowdStrike put more focus into the EDR. This works as a business model for them, as they get a lot of customers purchasing their MDR services, usually SMBs lacking the staff to leverage the EDR tool themselves adequately. We have many such customers. I would much rather see more refinement and investment into the prevention side of the equation, though CrowdStrike has a good engine. The solution is as effective as SentinelOne and Windows Defender for Endpoint; it's an excellent endpoint protection solution."

What is our primary use case?

We don't use the solution internally, but our clients' use cases are primarily EDR and endpoint protection, with peripheral use cases including web app protection.

What is most valuable?

CrowsStrike Falcon Complete is a good solid endpoint protection solution; it has a good engine and is on par in terms of efficacy with SentinelOne, and with Microsoft Defender for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration capabilities and expansion into vulnerability management. I'd like to see it go beyond that into unified endpoint management, a unified security solution that doesn't just tell me what's wrong; it helps me fix it operationally.

We have been a reseller of the solution since 1989.

The solution is very stable.

It is a very scalable solution, there is no question about that.

The technical support is good; it's not bad and not the best.

The setup is relatively complex. Post-setup, the maintenance is light, but deployment is more complicated compared to some competitors, including SentinelOne or Cylance. Falcon Complete requires more tuning.

Once the product is implemented, I would say most of our customers require around a quarter of an FTE for maintenance.

This product is one of the more expensive ones on the market.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the product an eight out of ten because there's always room for improvement in my mind. There are enough other solutions in the market space that are on par with the features and capabilities of CrowdStrike that bump it down from a nine to an eight. It's a pretty level playing field.

Most of my customers are small to medium size businesses. They don't have the people, the knowledge or the time to spend on complex setups and tuning. Any solution has to be simple out of the gate, easy to understand, and it has to be quick to deploy. Therefore, many of my clients use the implementation and managed services, and I have firsthand experience of some issues that can cause. Companies may hold off on more complicated features or configurations they don't fully understand, sometimes even permanently. This isn't unique to Falcon Complete; there are many solutions with features that are never fully leveraged by some clients. The issue is when the solution is not as effectively deployed and configured as possible because it's not a small investment.

When it comes to this solution, my advice is to shop around. CrowdStrike is an excellent brand with an outstanding reputation, but it's also the most expensive or one of the most expensive solutions. If price is a concern, other solutions can do the same job for you or be just as effective. Falcon Complete has few features that make it a big market differentiator nowadays. It makes sense if you need the product's specific features or have the staff to fully leverage the EDR without paying for the MDR.

Debjoy Biswas - PeerSpot reviewer
Consulting Manager at Wipro Limited
Flexible, easy to manage and deploy, and has different features that protect against malware outbreaks, ransomware, and zero-day attacks
  • "What's most valuable about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete as an endpoint security solution is that it provides different features against malware outbreaks. The solution is also cloud-based so it offers flexibility in terms of managing it. It's also easy to deploy the agent and you can deploy it through CrowdStrike, your CloudStrike console, or you can take that agent out and you can use different solutions to deploy it through your group policy, your SSCM, or any asset management tool."
  • "What could be improved in CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is the threat hunting feature and the insights it provides, in particular, the variable analysis feature. Protection against zero-day threats and sandboxing could also be improved in CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. If you compare it with other solutions, it can go head-to-head, but the features I mentioned still need improvement."

What is most valuable?

What's most valuable about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete as an endpoint security solution is that it provides different features against malware outbreaks. The solution is also cloud-based so it offers flexibility in terms of managing it. It's also easy to deploy the agent and you can deploy it through CrowdStrike, your CloudStrike console, or you can take that agent out and you can use different solutions to deploy it through your group policy, your SSCM, or any asset management tool.

What needs improvement?

What could be improved in CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is the threat hunting feature and the insights it provides, in particular, the variable analysis feature. Protection against zero-day threats and sandboxing could also be improved in CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. If you compare it with other solutions, it can go head-to-head, but the features I mentioned still need improvement.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is a stable solution.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is a scalable solution. From the infrastructure and operation side, it's one of the best tools in terms of scalability.

I have not worked directly with the technical support team of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. My company has a different team that worked directly with the CrowdStrike presale team, and that CrowdStrike team was really good, always supportive, and helpful.

I have no idea on the licensing cost of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

What other advice do I have?

I have experience with CrowdStrike Falcon Complete, and I've worked with it recently. I work as a solution architect, so I work with different products, and I can't tell you exactly which version of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete I used.

I manage different customers, so the solution is deployed on various clouds, but mostly on a hybrid cloud, with providers being AWS and GCP.

My advice to anyone looking into implementing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is to go for it. You should move from the traditional antivirus to the next-gen antivirus. Next-gen antivirus such as CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has malware detection, exploit detection, and endpoint detection and response (EDR) features that you won't find in the traditional antivirus. Signature-based antivirus also fails to detect zero-day attacks as well as crypto locker, ransomware, etc. CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has IOA behavioral protection, and it has an analysis functionality and great reporting capabilities, so you should go for it.

My rating for CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is eight out of ten. Sometimes on remote users as it is release-signed, there's some issue with the agent and some false positives as well. In terms of detection, an antivirus or EDR solution, or any kind of threat protection product, you have to check a few things. One is how good it is when malware is in the pre-execution stage and the post-execution stage. I have done some analysis on CrowdStrike Falcon Complete on seventy-five different parameters and controls, and I concluded that the product is really good. It's not a ten out of ten because I cannot provide a perfect score for any product. Eight out of ten is a good score in my point of view because you'd still feel that other things are missing in the product.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Chief Information Security Officer at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An absolutely stable and scalable solution that works well and is fast in mitigating attacks
  • "It is working well. I tried a ransomware attack myself, and they were very fast in mitigating. I am very convinced of this product, and I am very satisfied with how it is working. The team behind the program itself is very valuable. If you don't have your own security team, they can do a great job for you. If your IT team isn't in the company, this can be of great value to you. Its documentation is very good. They have many different dashboards, and they do have a lot of information. Sometimes, it can be a bit overwhelming how much information is there, but once you find your way through with them, everything is very logical."
  • "Some dashboards can be very complex, but once you get to know them, it is very logical."

What is most valuable?

It is working well. I tried a ransomware attack myself, and they were very fast in mitigating. I am very convinced of this product, and I am very satisfied with how it is working.

Its documentation is very good. They have many different dashboards, and they do have a lot of information. Sometimes, it can be a bit overwhelming how much information is there, but once you find your way through with them, everything is very logical.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution since 2019.

It is absolutely stable.

It is very scalable. It really doesn't matter whether you are a company using 100 endpoints or more than 2,000 endpoints. We have around 1,700 people in our company. There are around 200 people that need to be onboarded again.

They were very fast in responding. If you have a technical question, it only takes a couple of hours before they answer your questions. They are very skilled.

We had Symantec endpoints previously. They were very traditional points. There isn't a resemblance between these two solutions because CrowdStrike is more into machine learning in terms of the behavior of the system. Symantec is more of a traditional antivirus that starts scanning your computer and new files. They both are very different in the way they work.

Its setup is fairly basic. It is not very complex. We had the support of the Falcon Complete team to set it up. It took a couple of days.

The Falcon Complete team introduced the platform.

It is a fairly firm price. It is not the cheapest solution, but if you take the complete team into consideration, it is a great value.

What other advice do I have?

You need to know that CrowdStrike is different in the way it works as opposed to the traditional software. It is fairly self-explaining, but you just need to know that this endpoint is based on the behavior. This means that if you introduce a USB stick with malicious software on it and the software or the file isn't opened yet or is dormant, CrowdStrike won't detect it. The minute you are trying to use that file, and the file is trying to execute things, CrowdStrike detects it instantly and takes action to mitigate a problem.

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine out of ten. It is a great product. For our company, it is the right product. It is company deployed, and we will stick with CrowdStrike.

Private Cloud
Director of Information Security at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Good AI and a strong shared knowledge base, but lacks scanning capabilities
  • "The AI and the group knowledge base that they get from having multiple clients in the cloud is very useful to us."
  • "The logging features aren't robust and the information isn't kept long enough."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint security. It is a very important aspect of security for us as the threat landscape is growing. There constantly needs to be better monitors of the activity on the endpoints and windows server. That's the main driver behind using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The AI and the group knowledge base that they get from having multiple clients in the cloud is very useful to us. It helps keep us safe from attacks as it allows them to apply a broader knowledge base to our protection for our company.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't actually scan desktops. They prevent execution and they do a very, very, very good job at that. However, if there is malware, et cetera, on an endpoint, there's not a scan feature to simply remove it. You have to go in and clean the registry and do the other stuff yourself. It would be ideal if there was some sort of scanning functionality built-in.

The logging features aren't robust and the information isn't kept long enough. The active logs are only retained for seven days. It would be better if it was available for, let's say, 30 days. If we were going to do any forensics, we would have the time to execute them.

We have been using the solution for about two years at this point. We plan to use it at least until the end of this year. It hasn't been very long.

We have looked at Carbon Black previously, as well as Cybereason. We were looking for alternatives to Crowdstrike, however, we decided we would keep this solution until the end of the year.

The reason we didn't switch yet is mostly due to time constraints. We had to renew or implement a new solution and it wasn't going to happen in the timeframe we were looking at. Therefore, we had to put it off.

The Carbon Black is not as advanced as CrowdStrike. Also, Cybereason lags too far behind on Mac OS upgrades. We wouldn't have been able to roll out Cybereason, even though it looks like a very good product, as it didn't support Big Sur and wouldn't for another five or six months, which meant we would have machines that wouldn't be covered

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user of the product. We don't have a business relationship of any kind with Crowdstrike.

The solution is deployed from the cloud. We put it on our endpoints, however, the core application is in CrowdStrike's cloud. It's a cloud app.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Other
Infrastructure and support manager at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Powerful AI and machine learning features, updated in real-time, and technical support is quick to respond
  • "Its machine learning and AI features are good."
  • "It would be nice to have full-scale ESR reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike as our endpoint protection solution for all of our devices.

How has it helped my organization?

The previous solution that we had for our endpoints was lacking. It was a blacklist/whitelist solution and every time you tried to run something, it would get stuck in a model of having to check the file, update the system, check the server, get approval to run a piece of software, and so forth. It was just a nightmare.

What is most valuable?

Its machine learning and AI features are good.

The real-time updates that it gets with respect to threats are very good.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have full-scale ESR reporting.

In the future, I would like to see better reporting and better SIEM integration.

We have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for about a year.

The stability seems fine and we haven't had any problems.

This product is cloud-based, so there is plenty of room for it to grow. I think that there are about 250 endpoints including everything from customer service to warehouse functions to C-suite.

I have been in contact with technical support and they seemed competent, as well as quick to respond. I would rate them a nine out of ten. Nothing is perfect and there is always a little bit of room for improvement. Ideally, there would be fewer canned responses for the first go around.

Prior to CrowdStrike Falcon, we were using Carbon Black. It was more of a blacklist-type software and it was just cumbersome to do anything for any of my users.

The initial setup was pretty simple, once the implementor showed us a couple of the tips and tricks, and what the nomenclature is.

The price is okay, although you're not going to get away cheap when it comes to security.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is to get the training and make sure that they understand the system. If they are going to be doing their own admin work then they have to make sure that they understand it all.

Private Cloud

Other
Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022