Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration is the #5 ranked solution in Cloud Workload Protection Platforms and #8 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Cloud: Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration vs Microsoft Defender for Cloud. Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 48% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration?

Check Point Harmony Email and Office is a cloud-based software offering complete protection to stop malware attacks through emails. The software is designed to provide protection for organizations using Office 365, G Suite, Google Workspace, and all other collaboration and file-sharing apps. Access permissions can be granted and custom policies can be defined for any user of choice.

Check Point Harmony Email and Office identifies and blocks advanced malware, phishing, and ransomware attacks in real time before they reach the user’s inbox. In turn, this also helps protect sensitive business data from breaches. Harmony Email and Office was the first solution to implement machine learning, API, and AI for email security, and will ultimately prevent any attempts at account takeover via agentless multi-factor authentication.

What is Complete Protection?

Check Point Harmony Email and Office offers a superior catch rate for collaboration apps and cloud email with their API-based solution that detects attacks that other solutions miss, including account takeover, supply chain attacks, ransomware, and BEC. The complete protection offers:

• Malware Protection - Recognized by NSS Labs as “most effective in breach prevention,” the solution leverages technologies to bring clean files to users within 1.5 seconds. In addition, enterprises can be safer as the solution prevents malicious messages and files from reaching the user’s inbox.
  • Data Leakage Protection - Any confidential or sensitive information will be marked and have a classified suffix added to the end of the message or file to help keep those materials safe. Those files are encrypted, and the user will be alerted to any attempted breach of those messages.
  • Phishing Protection - Before advanced phishing attacks reach the end user, Harmony Email and Office detects and blocks them, including outbound, inbound, and internal communications.
  • Account Takeover Protection - After a user connects their cloud app, the solution captures the user's history and creates a profile and a custom threat profile. In the event of a suspected account takeover, threat intelligence is leveraged through millions of Check Point-secured gateways and endpoints and is blocked.

Reviews from Real Users

Check Point Harmony Email and Office offers a revolutionary prevention solution to stop malware attacks through emails. Users particularly like its visibility and the ability to protect sensitive business data.

David U., a CISO at IMC companies, notes, "It provides visibility of events, what's going on with the environment, what we're missing with our other solution, and the user behavior."

Mantu S., a senior technology architect at Incedo Inc., writes, "We are able to protect sensitive business data and maintain regulatory compliance with advanced data leak prevention (DLP)."

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration was previously known as Check Point Harmony Email & Office, Check Point CloudGuard, Check Point CloudGuard SaaS .

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Customers

Helvetia, Denham Capital, Daymark Solutions, Neopharm Group

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration pricing:
  • "I'm in this business as a system integrator, so I need to suggest Check Point to some customers who are comparing products. I sell Check Point, Fortinet, and Palo Alto solutions. In terms of licensing, this solution is quite competitive but very costly. For someone looking at security as a primary concern, they should only invest in Check Point. For a customer who is looking at security combined with pricing, Check Point might not be the core solution for them. In today's market, customers are looking for effective security with efficient pricing, and Check Point is not suitable for these types of customers."
  • "Check Point is more expensive. That's the honest truth. So far, it's a good value for the money."
  • "Cost is the main concern that every customer takes into consideration, and Check Point always negotiates a price that is affordable."
  • "Reasonable cost, quick and easy implementation, and transparent."
  • Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Reviews

Vishnu Ravichandran - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network Security Engineer - Presales at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Has efficient, effective security features, but the solution is costly
    • "For Threat Prevention, I was impressed with this feature and the solution's effectiveness. It has been very good."
    • "Getting reports and finding threats in the console is easy."
    • "Other vendor support teams go after fixing the issue the moment that they join the remote session. The problem that I have faced with Check Point support is that they share the case number with me, then it takes at least two days for them to join a remote session with us, even though we have asked for this timeframe to change. Even though we have already explained the problems that we are facing or the business pain points in our network on the call or email, we have to repeat the problem statements again in the console. It can take four or five days to resolve the issue from the moment they understand the problem. This includes the time to teach their R&D or internal team whatever the issue is. I have faced timeframes as long as seven to 10 days for fixing some issues."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is not for our organization. We are system integrators. We have some projects for our clients, and one of our clients was looking for CloudGuard because they use Check Point Firewall for their on-premise. There are a number of machines and critical servers that they have hosted in AWS; 15 to 20 servers and application servers are hosted in the AWS platform. For those, we have applied Check Point IaaS Firewall for their security and firewall protection.

We are using the stable version that was published in March.

How has it helped my organization?

I am confident with the block rate. We host our solution in AWS cloud. If someone tries to hit our applications, they could be a legitimate user or a hacker. So, we have found a number of blocked attempts from the external end.

What is most valuable?

In terms of technical features, this is the best solution that I have worked with so far. For example:

• URL Filtering
    • Application control
    • Threat Prevention
    • Sandboxing

We have found threat prevention using sandboxing from Check Point, after buying the Threat Prevention license, helped with the malware prevention rate and reduced zero-day attacks.

For Threat Prevention, I was impressed with this feature and the solution's effectiveness. It has been very good.

Getting reports and finding threats in the console is easy.

What needs improvement?

The false positive rate is one of the problems that we had faced with Check Point's information. For example, we have a number of false positives in both CloudGuard SaaS and CloudGuard IaaS, which has been quite disappointing when we find them. However, the moment when we whitelist or blacklist false positive things, the solution gives us more efficient security than other solutions. When I teach Check Point IaaS, I feel like it is putting devices into learning mode and feeding more stuff to the solution, which gives me more efficient security.

We download the SmartConsole from AWS, installing it on our computers, then managing it from our end only on local machines. I need to download agents for every machine from the Check Point instance. To connect with the SmartConsole, then I need to give public access to Check Point's machine. At that moment, there is no configuration in my machine so I need to give some public access to our machine. Giving public access without configuring anything is the first defect or drawback. It takes a few times for every engineer to download the agent and configure the policy, and that takes five to 10 minutes. Within those five to 10 minutes, it is insecure.

The integration with the Check Point console needs improvement, e.g., accessing the SmartConsole is difficult.

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been working with Check Point for six to seven months.

I haven't tested the scalability.

The worst thing that I have faced with Check Point has been their support.

I have sat with all the following support teams:

• Cisco
    • Fortinet
    • SonicWall
    • Sophos
    • Check Point.

Other vendor support teams go after fixing the issue the moment that they join the remote session. The problem that I have faced with Check Point support is that they share the case number with me, then it takes at least two days for them to join a remote session with us, even though we have asked for this timeframe to change. Even though we have already explained the problems that we are facing or the business pain points in our network on the call or email, we have to repeat the problem statements again in the console. It can take four or five days to resolve the issue from the moment they understand the problem. This includes the time to teach their R&D or internal team whatever the issue is. I have faced timeframes as long as seven to 10 days for fixing some issues.

Since this is a cloud-based solution for IaaS and SaaS, I need a different support team for a number of things. So, if they increased or developed their support team, then it would be better for their customers.

Compared to other solutions, like Fortinet, this solution's initial setup is complex. Policy configuration and integrations make Check Point's setup difficult. The setup for on-premise and cloud are the same.

Whenever we need to download the agent from Check Point's console and integrate the SmartConsole with the Check Point solution, the configuration is time consuming and a difficult task for an engineer. Getting the console integrated with the firewall can be difficult, affecting engineers during implementation.

When it comes to Threat Prevention pricing and licensing, it has felt a little costly. For some clients, who are looking at security as their primary concern, then it's better for them.

I'm in this business as a system integrator, so I need to suggest Check Point to some customers who are comparing products. I sell Check Point, Fortinet, and Palo Alto solutions. In terms of licensing, this solution is quite competitive but very costly. For someone looking at security as a primary concern, they should only invest in Check Point. For a customer who is looking at security combined with pricing, Check Point might not be the core solution for them. In today's market, customers are looking for effective security with efficient pricing, and Check Point is not suitable for these types of customers.

I would like them to improve the pricing.

With respect to Check Point's security features, my clients and I feel every feature given by Check Point has been very helpful for us. We have tried FortiGate, Sophos, and Cisco in some places. Even though Check Point wasn't a market leader, like Cisco and FortiGate, they have the most efficient security. Therefore, we feel it is worth the money for their security features.

The cloud security provided by CloudGuard IaaS is simple compared with the security provided by public cloud providers. If I go for Check Point, then I'm getting the complete features of what a firewall does. When I go for AWS, then by default, I don't get anything other than the ACLs.

What other advice do I have?

The security features have been good. The pricing and licensing strategies have been average, but Check Point's support has been the worst.

I would rate the solution as a seven out of 10.

Disclosure: PeerSpot contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: System Integrator
    Adriamcam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at ITQS
    Reseller
    Integrates with Office365, strengthens security, and provides visibility
    • "It is fast and has a very simple, easy integration."
    • "Since the portal to the management and administration entry sometimes has performance problems and takes a long time to respond to what has arrived, the handling of the tool is difficult."

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses Office 365 and clearly, we use Outlook. We needed a tool that had the functionality to verify and validate the emails that enter and leave our organization. With this tool, we can solve security problems since many of the collaborators work from home. With this, we have decreased phishing attacks. It offers quite a few types of analysis and reporting that help to clear up security doubts and how to counter these gaps.

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration is workload protection in the cloud. This firewall helps us provide controls on our organization's devices and has become our main tool in the analysis and coverage of the infrastructure and also maintains fairly reasonable scalability.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration has helped our company with perimeter security and securing our employees from wherever they are working. It's strengthening security as it is able to stop phishing attacks on Office 365 accounts and block possible account hijacking. It is also responsible for detecting malicious files in both OneDrive and SharePoint. This makes the product more robust and also gives us visibility into suspicious access, and provides the areas from which they are trying to enter. With this other feature, it provides more integrity to our company.

What is most valuable?

We have found several features that are very valuable. One of them is the integration with Office365. In addition to that, it is fast and has a very simple, easy integration. In addition to that, it integrates with other Office 365 products. The false positives are minimal, almost nil. That is very important since it will not generate an absurd amount of emails. The functionality of the tool is very easy to configure and manage. The platform is friendly and makes its integrations even more, so this tool is very efficient.

What needs improvement?

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration presents a problem similar to the other Check Point tools that it was able to manage, and that is the access to its administrative functions. Since the portal to the management and administration entry sometimes has performance problems and takes a long time to respond to what has arrived, the handling of the tool is difficult.

It presents problems in the management of technical support since the SLA is not optimal, causing delays. This means that security problems may arise since it does not provide a quick response or a concrete solution.

The tool stability is very good.

The scalability that the solution presents is very good. It is quite scalable.

The experience has not been very pleasant since we have opened cases and they take too much time to respond or schedule a meeting even to provide a solution.

Positive

There was no other solution implemented.

The initial configuration was very simple and fast.

During the implementation, the provider's team helped us, and it was very efficient; they knew what they were doing

The functionality that the tool presents with its characteristics and capabilities helped us a lot in our organization.

Like all security tools, they are expensive tools. However, Check Point competes in the market and its accessibility is good, so paying for a tool that provides security is worth it.

The company has already had several Check Point tools. For this reason, this tool was implemented to keep in line with the same brand and hopefully not present us with problems if we implement another one.

What other advice do I have?

The only advice is to improve the technical support for your users since it is not very efficient.

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration
    November 2022
    654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    IT specialist at Landpower Australia Pty Ltd
    A stable solution that does a fantastic job of catching things Microsoft doesn't, but implementation could be easier
    • "The stuff that it's picking up and blocking and stopping from coming into our environment has been fantastic."
    • "The implementation could definitely be better."

What is our primary use case?

At the moment, we're heavily using the email and collaboration features. We are also licensed for the mobile part, which we are sort of working into, and CloudGuard as well. We're kind of working through those features.

What needs improvement?

The implementation could definitely be better. We had great support from Check Point, but there were some "got-you" moments where we got surprises as we were setting it up. When Check Point talks about it, it's all "plug and play," but it's not really one of those platforms where you can just jump in and click a few buttons and everything works. You need to have a bit of knowledge about what you're doing and it's a bit more complicated than they advertise.

In the future I would like to see something similar to what Proofpoint has, where users can actually go in and make the call to release their own emails. We've got a small number of users, so it's okay for the IT team to constantly be bombarded with our emails for releasing, but I would love to have an option where I can allow users to go in and make the call to release an email, and then of course it would only actually be released if it passes certain things.

I have been using this solution for about a year and a half now.

The solution is stable and I think it does a fantastic job. The stuff that it's picking up and blocking and stopping from coming into our environment has been fantastic. There's a few things that get flagged by Microsoft, most of them false positives, so it's interesting. Harmony passes it through and Microsoft thinks it's spam, but usually it's not.

The solution is very easy to scale. There are between 500-550 active users in our company. We have a team of three people that look after the environment, but that is only part of their responsibilities. I think it would do very well with one full-time person handling the maintenance.

The technical support was brilliant, but that's the thing when you're buying something, usually the initial support is top notch. It's been a year and a half now, and we haven't had any urgent technical issues that we've had to go back for help with, but at the start, when we were implementing the solution, we had good support. They were on the ball and they really stepped up.

What we used in the past was an outfit called MSX.

We considered the Microsoft inbuilt solution, and the advice that we got from a lot of people was, if you want to use that one, combine it with something else. That is what we ended up doing, because it came as part of our licensing with 365, but we can tell that it was a good idea to combine it with Check Point because it will let a lot of things pass.

Also, I know CrowdStrike is cheaper with their Falcon offering, but I haven't had the opportunity to work with it. The reason why I went with Check Point was because I have worked with it in the past and I like their product, so that was the biggest push.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as a seven out of ten.

Mantu Shaw - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr. Technology Architect at Incedo Inc.
    Good API-based integration, can block sophisticated social engineering attacks and has good stability
    • "We are able to protect sensitive business data and maintain regulatory compliance with advanced data leak prevention (DLP)."
    • "A phishing simulator would be helpful as a user training module."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for Office 365 email security along with other Office 365 products like SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive. As people are working from home over the last year and phishing attacks are increasing day by day, it is important to implement an email security solution into an environment. Microsoft itself provides security, but that is not sufficient and we have still received a number of malicious emails.

We are looking for a solution that supports API-based integration so that there is no need to re-route email traffic via some third-party solutions.

Protection is also required as people share files, store documents, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

After the implementation of the solution, email phishing is stopped and gives complete visibility.

No manual intervention is required once the policy is defined.

Now, all office documents are protected and we have also started to take backups of our user data into a cloud which will improve the dependency of other backup solutions.

API-based integration does not increase the email latency and it's an important aspect.

The single solution provides protection of other cloud applications such as G-suite, Slack, G-Drive, etc.

It reduces the TCO of email security.

What is most valuable?

API-based integration is the most valuable aspect as it will not degrade the email delivery features.

UBA is one of the features which monitors the user behavior and takes actions accordingly.

The product blocks malicious attachments before reaching out to user mailboxes while not impacting business productivity.

We are able to protect sensitive business data and maintain regulatory compliance with advanced data leak prevention (DLP).

We can block sophisticated social engineering attacks such as impersonation, zero-day phishing, and Business Email Compromise (BEC) using AI-trained engines.

What needs improvement?

It is one of the best solutions for cloud-based email security. Almost all features are available, which is required by most organizations. Still, some other features could be added to create more advantages, such as integration with on-premises exchange integration with other SaaS clouds.

Integration with other threat clouds and AI engines would be helpful.

A phishing simulator would be helpful as a user training module.

Publishing future roadmaps would help us understand what to expect.

The product should offer integration with other SIEM tools.

Improvement is a key element of any product and Check Point is doing improvements very effectively - therefore there are no major concerns.

We have been using the solution for 8+ months.

It's a stable solution and does not impact performance.

It's a highly scalable and simple product.

Customer support is good.

Positive

Check Point is much simpler than other options and offers support with other cloud products - a key advantage.

It's a straightforward setup and the product is easy to implement.

The initial setup was done by OEM and the rest I handled myself.

Email security gives good ROI in terms of tools and the support of other cloud features.

The product has a simple and easy to set up. The initial setup is critical - so plan it accordingly. Email is one of the key components of any organization, so implement it with proper planning.

We tested several solutions, including Cisco IronPort and Darktrace.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution and easy to implement in any organization.

Anuj Kumar@09 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at IRMA Anand
    User
    Good support, impressive performance, and helps prevent data loss
    • "It helped us to bring security compliance and ensure system robustness throughout."
    • "The business team should be further expanded, and more peer feedback should be made available publicly to have better and complete visibility of the application globally."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Harmony Email and Collaboration is a one-stop solution for providing the best enterprise security and protecting systems and mail servers from malware and threat attacks.

Also, It helps in URL protection and DLP quite efficiently without any issues.

It provides real-time protection to users and their devices from any incoming potential threats and malware sources.

It helps in bringing security compliance to the system end to end.

It permanently blocks phishing websites and any ransomware attacks.

We find that it protects all confidential information from any sort of data leak and ensures data robustness and keeps everything intact in the system.

How has it helped my organization?

It suspends and proactively blocks the malicious ransomware and threats before reaching the inbox.

The product prevents data loss or data theft and ensures that the system is secured end to end without any trouble.

Its API integration with other portals and applications goes smoothly without any hiccups.

They provide bulletproof security to systems and email servers and ensure round-the-clock security for cloud email servers and other collaborating applications.

It's an all-in-one security solution for businesses in this current era.

What is most valuable?

All the features offer great utility, and their performance is quite impressive.

They have more secure applications than cloud-native security and have a higher security compliance rate. Also, the prevention of systems and servers from phishing attacks and system threats is proactively traceable and immediately diffused with a catchment rate of almost 99.99%, which is great in today's era of cyber threats and attacks.

Their sound features of security for account protection and data leak protection works great for us, and we never face any compatibility or lag issue while working on the software.

What needs improvement?

I would love to have their ticket resolution process as fast as possible. Fast and accurate ticket resolution can be a game changer for any industry, and the performance and confidence of clients go hand in hand with improved performance efficacy. This will definitely attract more loyal clients, and it helps with retention for longer periods.

I've been using the solution for precisely two years.

The solution is stable.

The product is scalable and gives users a great opportunity to replicate as well.

Customer service and support are good.

Positive

This is the first time we are using a solution of this kind formally.

The setup was straightforward and easy.

We implemented the product through our in-house team.

The ROI is always better than other alternatives.

Check Point solutions are cost-effective and can be used effortlessly without any hassle. The renewal process for agreement is quite easy and can be done online easily. Licensing is smooth and price affordability is just great and can be recommended to all small and marginal start-up organizations for trial.

A lot of security solutions were evaluated. We evaluated Cyber Protect Cloud, Duo Security, Splunk, etc.

What other advice do I have?

This is a must-have solution for all enterprises. People should try it now.

PRAPHULLA  DESHPANDE - PeerSpot reviewer
    Associate Consult at Atos
    Good support, protects against zero-day attacks, and provides good visibility
    • "Based on domain and URL reputation, it will allow traffic to flow."
    • "Cloud Guard would be a complete solution if Check Point added a comprehensive data loss solution that included capabilities such as bulk data transfer detection."

What is our primary use case?

This perimeter firewall provides me control over my perimeter servers and devices. Current Cloud applications are getting good protection from CASB solutions, but are limited to data leakage and application control. Beyond that, I require something to monitor my data that flows inside of my cloud application.

Sophisticated threats like zero-day attacks can't be control by CASB solutions, Instead, we are required to have something that can work using Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning algorithms. This helps to defend my cloud applications against today's attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

Sophisticated attacks can't be prevented by normal SaaS security. Cloud Guard SaaS is a technology that prevents not only Sophisticated attacks but affords protection from Email.

Most attacks are successful because of SPAM emails that effectively cause users to fall into the attacker's trap. As Check Point is a leading technology in the industry, it provides maximum protection against email phishing attacks and provides the identity of users and visibility over shadow IT applications.

Along with the email security solution, Cloud Guard is an additional layer of comprehensive security, so we can completely rely on it.

What is most valuable?

Most organizations that invest in email security opt for MFA. They invest in a Cloud Firewall but they never consider the east-west traffic flow inside their Cloud Applications.

Here, Cloud Guards comes in with the best features, such as protection from zero-day attacks. These are usually reported when we have blades on the perimeter firewall, like Threat Emulation and Extraction or Sandbox. We have complete visibility of email Attacks like spear-phishing, spoofing, etc. Based on domain and URL reputation, it will allow traffic to flow.

Apart from this, we can easily identify users who are going to use cloud applications. These users are logged in via a trusted network or device.

What needs improvement?

Cloud Guard would be a complete solution if Check Point added a comprehensive data loss solution that included capabilities such as bulk data transfer detection.

I would like to see a centralized gateway so that anyone from any geolocation can access the infrastructure with minimum latency.

I would like to see additional work on protecting against phishing emails by adding more filters to minimize risk or to harden the security.

Stability is the main area that Check Point needs to focus on.

Integration with third-party APIs should be supported, as AI and ML can get more inputs to minimize the false rate ratio.

I have been using Check Point CloudGuard SaaS for more than a year.

Stability is an area that needs to improve.

It can be scale up to maximum limit.

Technical support is good.

We did not previously use another solution before this one. However, one of our customers had implemented an on-premises solution by McAfee.

This solution is easy to implement, although it is required that you have knowledge of the Public Cloud domain.

We are vendors and deploy this solution for our clients.

We definitely see ROI from this product, and it grows and we have a greater dependency on east-west traffic.

Cost is the main concern that every customer takes into consideration, and Check Point always negotiates a price that is affordable. Pricing is based on the requirements and their relationship.

What other advice do I have?

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are the vendors who provide services to other customers.
    Rodrigo Nalda - PeerSpot reviewer
    Responsable de Ciberseguridad. CISO at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
    Prompt and professional support, good threat visibility, and integrates well with Office365
    • "The first most remarkable thing is the integration with the Office 365 solution, which is easy, fast, and totally transparent for the user."
    • "Check Point has to continue refining the intelligence engine to minimize the number of false positives."

What is our primary use case?

We have the entire email infrastructure based on Office 365, as well as the file-sharing environment using OneDrive, and Teams as a communication tool. We did not have a specific technology to protect this environment, except that which was provided by Microsoft.

After analyzing the market, we opted for the CheckPoint SaaS solution to cover all of these needs, which has led to a considerable leap in the company's security.

In this way, we now have a secure environment throughout the Office 365 platform, integrated into our SIEM and monitored by our SOC.

How has it helped my organization?

In the same way, we have detected malicious files in both OneDrive and SharePoint that have been blocked, which means the elimination of risks in the corporate network.

One of the important characteristics is the visibility that it gives us about suspicious access to accounts, such as several almost simultaneous accesses from impossible geographical locations. This allows us to detect non-legitimate access due to password filtering or brute force attacks.

All this makes the data of our users safer and therefore the integrity of the company is greater.

What is most valuable?

The first most remarkable thing is the integration with the Office 365 solution, which is easy, fast, and totally transparent for the user. This facilitates its implementation.

Another very noteworthy feature is that the number of false positives tends to zero, which generates great confidence in both administrators and users.

The system can be easily parameterized and as it is integrated into the Infinity ecosystem, it simplifies the administration and centralization of logs.

All this makes the solution simple, reliable, and above all stable.

What needs improvement?

Check Point has to continue refining the intelligence engine to minimize the number of false positives.

We have been using Check Point Harmony Email & Office for two years.

For two years, we have not had any problems, so we consider the application very stable.

Scalability-wise, it is easy to expand licenses and therefore coverage.

Check Point's technical service is one of the great values ​​of this manufacturer, with prompt attention and they are very professional.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial configuration was completely simple, without any problem.

The integration was carried out by Check Point's professional services, and it was a complete success, both in terms of time and results.

Reasonable cost, quick and easy implementation, and transparent.

We evaluated Palo Alto before selecting Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

All these types of tools are gradually refining the intelligence engines that minimize the number of false positives. It is a constant and evolving work that Check Point knows very well and keeps very active.

One of the functionalities that are in the process of coming out is the protection of Teams, a tool that in the current telework situation is essential. This will represent a new leap in communications security.

In any case, Check Point is working on its entire new Harmony environment and surely new ones will appear in the coming months.

Shrinkhala Jain - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
    User
    Great zero-day protection and very useful against data leaks and loss
    • "Data loss and data leakage prevention are well deployed which helps businesses to scale and expand effortlessly without any trouble."
    • "They could continue to offer more stringent security policy measures for threat point management."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Harmony Email and Collaboration is the best security software that protects email and collaboration suites in one of the best possible way. It ensures the restriction of threat points and malware in a comprehensive manner.

All our Google Workspace applications and Office 365 are thoroughly secured by the software. It's been a great experience so far.

Multiple phishing activities and complete zero-day protection are all ensured through Check Point.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Harmony Email and Collaboration comes with end-to-end capabilities of system protection in a holistic manner. It is restricting the entry of phishing attacks, malware attacks, and ransomware threats.

It ensures anti-phishing management effectively and prevents any data loss through encrypted database management. Bulletproof security is one of the best features which enables protection from the most sophisticated and evasive threat attacks. It claims to reduce phishing attempts by almost 100%

What is most valuable?

Zero-day protection of the cloud and email systems is possible with Check Point Harmony Email and Collaboration. It ensures anti-phishing management end to end, and with this product, there can not be any evasive attack of sophisticated malware and threats on the system.

Data loss and leakage prevention are one of the best features as it ensures no data loss and that all confidential documents and information is secured forever.

Protection of all confidential and sensitive data base (DLP) is secured in the system forever with complete dashboard and data tracking management.

What needs improvement?

They could continue to offer more stringent security policy measures for threat point management. Their zero-day threat protection can be further strengthened to have better compliance control, as 1% data loss and data breaches are still possible through existing systems. Even this 1% carries the potential to harm the system for a long time.

We should have more and more pilots of security systems across different business environments to have 100% security checks and compliance.

It's been using the solution for about a year now.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support is great.

Positive

We did not use a different solution. We started using this solution recently and have been happy with the experience so far.

The setup was easy and straightforward.

We implemented the solution through the vendor team.

We've seen an ROI of over 80%.

The setup cost is significantly low and quite affordable currently as per other competitive software. Also, the renewal and licensing process is streamlined and not complicated at all.

We evaluated a lot of alternatives simultaneously. Some of them included ESET Protect, Forcepoint DLP, Sentinel, and Kaspersky Endpoint Security, among others.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise new users to go for a trial of Check Point Harmony Email and Collaboration software and use it to its fullest to understand the capabilities at its best practices.

Private Cloud
    Download our free Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022