IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BotFarm OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BotFarm is #6 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give BotFarm an average rating of 8 out of 10. BotFarm is most commonly compared to Automation Anywhere (AA): BotFarm vs Automation Anywhere (AA). The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is BotFarm?

BotFarm is an enterprise-level robotic process automation (RPA) solution. What is unique about BotFarm is that users can buy RPA processes based on demand and not be confined to a license or a strict capacity structure. BotFarm, a robust product of Automation Anywhere, is the only RPA solution that allows users to buy only the products they need when they need them. BotFarm allows users to launch all the robots they need to get tasks completed sooner and more efficiently than many other products in the marketplace today. This consumption-based business model will result in significant savings and increase an organization's overall profitability.

BotFarm Benefits

• Scalable: The flexible nature of the solution makes it very easy to scale when needed.

• User-friendly: The UI is simple to use and understand. Users do not have to be tech-savvy to deploy bots.

• Improves efficiency: BotFarm will increase process integrity by reducing human error and the need for continuous manual human effort or interaction.

• Integration: BotFarm integrates well with many third-party solutions.

BotFarm Features

• No code/low code solutions: Users can easily create and deploy bots to perform undesirable, mundane tasks, freeing IT staff to work on more productive, complicated tasks.

• IQ Bots: Easily extrapolate data from any document, such as resumes, invoices, and legal documents, to ensure data is correctly correlated and grouped together and that overall data integrity is never compromised.

• Fast: Deployed bots can complete tasks significantly faster than any human component, and with less error.

• Cost-effective: Users only pay for the bots they actually need, and create as they go. This innovative process will save your organization time and money while increasing overall productivity and profitability. BotFarm has a very good ROI and is a stable, secure, and scalable solution.

Reviews from Real Users

Akshay P., Associate Systems Analyst at NSEiT Limited, relates, “It is very easy, simple. You're working on a notepad, and you don't need to know programming to work on this. The dashboards are quite good, especially on the latest versions.”

A Digital Strategy Manager at an energy/utilities company shares, “The scalability is the solution's most valuable aspect. The reason Bot Farm is used is to have only one license available whenever you have a spike in the transactions. That is a core feature. That is something which we are using to the maximum. It's working well due to the fact that the solution use case is quite structured.”

A Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company tells us, “The solution is great to automate any repetitive tasks, which you might do on a daily basis. For example, the organization may need to be generating invoices or extracting data from PDF files daily. It is very versatile in what you can automate. This has improved my organization by cutting down on repetitive tasks that now can be automated.”

BotFarm Buyer's Guide

Download the BotFarm Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

BotFarm Customers

Cisco, CocaCola Bottlers Japan, Macy's, Whirlpool, Unilever

BotFarm Video

Archived BotFarm Reviews (more than two years old)

Ben Huang - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder at BSDC PTE. LTD.
Easy to run scripts and the latest version has good improvements
  • "They recently released the newest version that has a good program flow, quality, and blueprints that are all good improvements to the automation. They also have good integration with SAP."
  • "The new version is not very stable. Sometimes I can't use the recording sound."

What is most valuable?

They recently released the newest version that has a good program flow, quality, and blueprints that are all good improvements to the automation. They also have good integration with SAP.  It's also easy to run scripts from the EBS.

What needs improvement?

The new version is not very stable. Sometimes I can't use the recording sound.  They should improve the community. It should have a download version instead of every time needing to deploy through the SAS system something new. It's time-consuming.

I have been using BotFarm for the past year.

The software is overall stable.
BotFarm
May 2022
Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's easy to scale. We provide this solution to SMBs. They have around 500 employees but 50 in the office.   We recommend that it gets used daily.

I have contacted their support. We have a relationship with them in China. Their support is okay. I am satisfied with them.

I prefer Automation Anywhere to UiPath.

It's easy to set up. To get it installed and ready to work takes less than one hour.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution. I would recommend it.  I would rate it an eight out of ten. To make it a ten it should be more user-friendly. The community version should also be more stable. It should allow the user to directly download and install without the need to deploy through the SAS system.  They should also have more video material and guidelines.

Senior Software Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good data extraction features and the technical support is helpful
  • "Automation Anywhere has good document extraction features where it can learn patterns."
  • "I would like to see more process mining features to give us insight into them before we develop automation."

What is our primary use case?

BotFarm is a group of bots running on the Automation Anywhere platform.

We have a banking and invoicing system and this solution is used for the automation of operations. It includes day to day invoicing and bank-related activities. We do not have anything complicated in the data extraction.

What is most valuable?

This solution gives us the ability to switch between Chrome and IE.

The user interface is fine.

What needs improvement?

The community forums can be improved a little bit because they have mixed solutions or discussions with respect to some ideas.

We have been using this solution for the past three months.

Compared to the other automation products that we have seen, stability is good.

We have not had to scale this solution yet.

Technical support is really good. When we have had issues, they have been able to help us. They gave us several solutions based on the challenges that we were facing.

The initial setup was pretty basic. We do not need a complicated setup here for the moment.

I installed this solution myself.

Initially, we were thinking about using another vendor but decided to stay with Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to carefully consider what it is that you need to do because it requires planning. With the correctly planning, the RPA deployment will be stable.

BotFarm
May 2022
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sachin-Arora - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Vice President at Inspira Enterprise
User-friendly with a web-based interface that is platform independent
  • "The ability to drag and drop various components and the customizability are good features."
  • "I would like to be able to access BotForm using a mobile app."

What is our primary use case?

We have some processes in HR and finance that we are automating. Examples of this are finding bills and then creating bonus reports for employees. Another example is invoice processing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the user-friendliness.

The web interface that was introduced in the recent version helps because you are not dependent on any particular system. You can just open it on the website and work on the application.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to access BotForm using a mobile app.

I think that customization can be further improved.

IQ Bot, used by BotFarm, needs to be improved with respect to being able to read handwritten documents using the OCR. An example of this is reading signatures.

We have been using BotFarm for the past year.

BotFarm is relatively stable.

This solution is easy to scale. We have four people who are using it on an occasional basis. It is usually run weekly or bi-weekly. This usage will increase as we include more processes.

We have not been in touch with technical support since the installation.

We did not use another RPA solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was of medium complexity. I would say it took us some time to get started because we had to first satisfy the hardware requires such as RAM. It took at least a week to install and deploy because our system was not compliant with the requirements, and necessitated upgrading it first.

We did the implementation ourselves, although we sought some help from Automation Anywhere. We had some consultation over the phone.

There are a couple of developers here who were working on it during the installation, but one person is sufficient to maintain it. Either a developer or an engineer can take care of the maintenance.

Our licensing costs are approximately $3,000 USD annually. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We also evaluated UiPath, but ultimately chose to use Automation Anywhere and BotFarm.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend and we will be moving to the cloud version in the future.

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to first check your prerequisites in terms of hardware and system requirements that are needed for the installation. This is important.

VivekMishra - PeerSpot reviewer
AVP, Technology & Solutions at Cygnet
Good technical support and supports rapid deployment of multiple bots
  • "The most valuable feature is the rapid deployment of multiple bots."
  • "There should be more support for developing in environments such as Citrix and Linux."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and this is one of the solutions that we offer for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the rapid deployment of multiple bots.

What needs improvement?

It should be easier to create an environment for bots to operate in.

There should be more support for developing in environments such as Citrix and Linux.

I have been working with BotFarm for about two years.

Scalability for BotFarm is great.

We are satisfied with the technical support from Automation Anywhere. They have been helpful in solving issues, including while we are implementing BotFarm.

I have been familiar with RPA for four or five years and BotFarm represents a big step forward. Other companies are running basic RPA, whereas, with this solution, you can move towards digitalized management instead of working with a single bot.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward for people who are familiar with Automation Anywhere products. However, for people without that know-how, it can be complex.

We did have some technical issues through our implementation, but the support team is quite helpful.

The length of time required for deployment depends on the environment, but the average is between one and two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a pretty good product and nobody else in the market is providing RPA at this level.

Sr. Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Has good screen capture and tight integration with Outlook features
  • "From a solution standpoint, screen capture and tight integration with Outlook are valuable features."
  • "I would definitely be wanting to see OCR features for improving the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We used the solution primarily for reconciliations. As a service, it requires matching the debit and credit information for the fund, so it's basically a combination of a custom-built application, integrating with Outlook and with Excel. It functions on the Windows 10 platform.

What is most valuable?

From a solution standpoint, screen capture and tight integration with Outlook are valuable features. We tried the same TOC with Blue Prism but it was more complicated.

What needs improvement?

From a simplified perspective, in terms of improvement, we use the bot for the maker position, not for the checker. It's about how well the bot can be utilized. For now, it's not utilized 24/7 because only business clients use it. I would definitely be wanting to see OCR features for improving the solution.

A human brain can easily distinguish between red and blue by looking at the screen. If there's an easy way for the bot to differentiate between the colors without being sequential that would be great.

More integrations with third-party applications would be a great additional feature.

We've been using BotFarm for the past 18 months.

It's a stable solution.

The solution is definitely scalable. The bot is not utilized. We need more business sponsorship to make sure that we can have more projects with bots. We have close to 50 bots in production. And you can just scale it up to what is required. We have between 25-30 projects in the pipeline that we can carry out using Automation Anywhere.

I've been in touch with Automation Anywhere technical support. They've been handy. And they're pretty good when it comes to helping us. I'm satisfied.

We previously used another solution but it was not a fully automated process solution. It required a lot of manual intervention.

I am aware of the initial setup process - we set it up ourselves. It's pretty straightforward. I don't think there's any complexity in the architecture from a UI point of view, sometimes there are slight differences but the setup is straightforward.

We carried out the deployment by ourselves. We also had the robotics process monitoring team setup nearby. The assistance we required related more to the documenting and business process flows.

We evaluated other tools like WorkFusion.

What other advice do I have?

From a technical standpoint, you need to be careful with the UI application. There might be issues with it in cases where object recognition is going to be tougher. I would definitely look at what the UI interface needs in order to be automated from a UI perspective. Be careful with what you choose.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

SrinivasKannan - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Solution Support Consultant CMA-CGM Serving Notice Period at CMA CGM
Offers good automation and good processes
  • "The solution has very good processes. It's very easy to deploy and has good reviews on it. It offers good automation and the solution has very good developers working on it."
  • "The solution doesn't have support like they used to. They need support. We have personnel of our own, but sometimes we need assistance beyond our own team."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The scalability of the solution needs to be improved.

There's a general lack of technical support. This should be improved. It used to be better.

I'm quite familiar with the product from a logic standpoint.

Scalability is an area of improvement. We can increase the main features for our project but when we reached out to our personnel and asked whether Bot can be expanded, we were told "You cannot scale this Bot."

The initial setup is straightforward. It is not complex at all. Deployment of the solution took some time.

I remember starting with it and the coding, designing, and implementing had to be handled before we could deploy.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model. Currently, we're just doing the migration process. After that, we'll merge with Logic Farm too.

The trouble we ran into was that we downloaded the Bot and we were using a manual batch of the downloader. We ran into trouble with customer support as well.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Senior Principal Consultant at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Good backend system structure but the governance system is missing and the pricing could be improved
  • "The entire backend system structure is something that I found really valuable."
  • "I would like to have access to self-service support."

What is our primary use case?

At this time, we have used BotFarm but our implementation is not in a state that can be consumed and used by anyone. To this point, we have not found the value that we expected from this solution.

We have multiple client-server installations. The majority of our deployments are on-premises, although one of them is cloud-based.

Our primary use cases are across multiple industries including support functions for finance and IT.

How has it helped my organization?

I have been trying to use this solution, but I have not found it to be usable.

What is most valuable?

The entire backend system structure is something that I found really valuable.

What needs improvement?

I think that the governance framework is completely missing from this solution and something needs to be done about it. Other products are ahead of BotFarm in this regard.

Having the validation of the bots is something that can be improved.

Pricing for this solution can be better.

I would like to have access to self-service support.

We are currently evaluating BotFarm. I have not used this solution to a great extent, but perhaps ten to fifteen times over the past twelve months.

This solution is stable if you rate this entire platform.

The robots seem to be scalable. We have been successful in scaling to the requirements that we have. We are planning to increase our usage.

My team has not been in contact with technical support.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is not simple, for sure. It is of medium complexity.

We are still struggling in certain areas because we have not been successful. Our deployment took approximately 20 to 40 days, I would say.

We implemented this solution ourselves.

We are currently evaluating many products, setting up a CoE for each one to evaluate their worth.

What other advice do I have?

I am hoping that once the entire concept of 2019 BotFarm is released, they will have a proper structure of monetization in place. We are hoping that the bots would be much more value-driven rather than just showcase capabilities.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to understand the scalability, number one. They need to know what they are looking for. Then, user requirements are important. We've tried the lifecycle of the bots for research and we've found that you need to align it and integrate it with the insights from the performance engine, which is behind the scenes and gives insights from the bots.

From the holistic standpoint of the product offering, there are a lot of things that need to be done. I don't think that the platform really enables you to do the structuring and handle business use cases in a seamless manner. Anybody should be able to pick this up and find insights. Right now, this is a micromanagement-based product.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Digital Transformation Specialist at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Good pricing and easy to apply, but stability needs improvement
  • "The solution is easy to use and easy to apply."
  • "The stability needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our internal stations.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and easy to apply.

What needs improvement?

The stability needs to be improved.

I've been using the solution for three months.

The solution needs improved stability.

The solution is very scalable.

Technical support is very good.

We didn't use a different solution. This is the first evaluation we did and we decided to go with it.

Deployment took about a month and a half because it's a controlled pilot that we're running, so we weren't officially signed up with authorization in Europe.

The pricing is very good. I'd actually pay a higher price; I think it's worth more.

They have another retention fee that compensates for the standard licensing fee. There is another that can extract fees as well.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the enterprise version of the solution and an unfinished deployment model.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. To give it a higher rating, the solution needs to boost its public services and machine capabilities.

In terms of advice, I'd give to others considering implementation, I'd say that they need to trust the methods. Consider things early to find the gaps properly.