IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BlazeMeter OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BlazeMeter is #7 ranked solution in top Performance Testing Tools, #11 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools, and #14 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give BlazeMeter an average rating of 8 out of 10. BlazeMeter is most commonly compared to Apache JMeter: BlazeMeter vs Apache JMeter. BlazeMeter is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is BlazeMeter?
CA BlazeMeter ensures delivery of high-performance software by enabling DevOps teams to quickly and easily run open-source-based performance tests against any mobile app, website or API at massive scale to validate performance at every stage of software delivery. The rapidly growing CA BlazeMeter community has more than 100,000 developers and includes prominent global brands such as Adobe, Atlassian, Gap, NBC Universal, Pfizer and Walmart as customers. Founded in 2011, the company is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., with its research and development in Tel Aviv.

BlazeMeter was previously known as JMeter Cloud.

BlazeMeter Customers
DIRECTV, GAP, MIT, NBCUniversal, Pfizer, StubHub
BlazeMeter Video

BlazeMeter Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BlazeMeter pricing:
  • "The solution is free and open source."
  • "The licensing fees are billed on a monthly basis and they cost approximately $100 for the basic plan."
  • BlazeMeter Reviews

QA Automation Engineer with 201-500 employees
    The action groups allow us to reuse portions of our test and update multiple tests at once
    • "The feature that stands out the most is their action groups. They act like functions or methods and code, allowing us to reuse portions of our tests. That also means we have a single point for maintenance when updates are required. Instead of updating a hundred different test cases, we update one action group, and the test cases using that action group will update."
    • "The performance could be better. When reviewing finished cases, it sometimes takes a while for BlazeMeter to load. That has improved recently, but it's still a problem with unusually large test cases. The same goes for editing test cases. When editing test cases, it starts to take a long time to open those action groups and stuff."

What is our primary use case?

We have a couple of use cases for BlazeMeter. One is performance testing. It allows us to aggregate the execution and reporting of our performance tests. We can also create automated functional tests relatively quickly compared to writing tests in a coded platform like Java. Around 20 people in the QA department are using BlazeMeter to test Mendix- based applications. We're doing regression testing on 22 applications, and we have at least two environments that we interact with regularly: a development environment and a pre-production environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Before BlazeMeter, we didn't have a performance test aggregator. They were running one-off JMeter tests that weren't stored in a repository. JMeter can generate some reporting, but it's nowhere near as nice as what BlazeMeter provides. And it's more readily understood by the development teams that we work with and the management. That part is great. We initially purchased the tool for performance testing, but we discovered that we had access to functional testing, so we started using that. That's been great for a lot of the same reasons. It increases visibility and gets everybody on the same page about which tests can run and the status of our regression and functional tests. BlazeMeter can create test data for performance and functional testing. We don't have much use for that currently, but I could see that being useful for individual functional tests in the future. It's nice to have automatic data generation for test cases. We haven't used BlazeMeter for shift-left testing. The functional testers embedded with the sprint teams don't do automation. That's all kicked down the road, and the automation is done outside of the sprint. While there is a desire to start attacking things that way, it never really got any traction. I believe BlazeMeter has also reduced our test times, but I can't quantify that.It's helped us with our test data challenges. I think they have a lot of great implementation, so I don't want to detract from that, but we have some problems with our applications and some custom things. I think we work on a different platform than many other people do, so it hasn't been as beneficial to us probably as it would be for many other people.

What is most valuable?

The feature that stands out the most is their action groups. They act like functions or methods and code, allowing us to reuse portions of our tests. That also means we have a single point for maintenance when updates are required. Instead of updating a hundred different test cases, we update one action group, and the test cases using that action group will update. The process is pretty straightforward. You can enter data into spreadsheets or use their test data generation feature. You can create thousands of data points if you want. We aren't currently using it to create that much data, but it could easily be used to scale to that. The solution includes a broad range of test tools, including functional tests, performance tests, API testing, etc. They're continuously expanding their features. I also like that it's a cloud-based solution, which gives me a single point of execution and reporting. That's great because we can take links to executed test cases and send those to developers. If they have questions, the developers can follow that link to the test and duplicate it or run the test for themselves. A cloud solution can be a little bit slower than an on-premises client or maintaining test cases locally on our machine. However, we've also run into issues with that. Sometimes people mess up and push the latest changes to the repository. That's not a problem with BlazeMeter because we're doing all the work in the cloud. Out of all the functional tests, scriptless testing has been the standout piece for my team because it's cloud-based. It's easy for everybody to get into the navigation, and it's pretty intuitive. There's a recorder that's already built into it. It's easy to get started writing test cases with scriptless testing.BlazeMeter's object repository provides a single point of update for us with regard to locators or selectors for our web elements. It's the same with the action groups. It's incredibly valuable to have reusable action groups that give us a single point for maintenance. It saves a ton of maintenance time.

What needs improvement?

The performance could be better. When reviewing finished cases, it sometimes takes a while for BlazeMeter to load. That has improved recently, but it's still a problem with unusually large test cases. The same goes for editing test cases. When editing test cases, it starts to take a long time to open those action groups.
    Performance Testing Tools
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Perforce, Apache, Micro Focus and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: June 2022.
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've been using BlazeMeter for a little more than a year now.

BlazeMeter is pretty solid. The only complaint is performance. When we get massive tests, we run into some issues.

We've never had issues with scalability. We've got hundreds of tests in BlazeMeter now, and we haven't had a problem aside from some performance problems with reporting.

I rate BlazeMeter support ten out of ten. The BlazeMeter team has been fantastic. Anytime we need something, they're always on it fast. We have regular meetings with the team where we have an opportunity to raise issues, so they help us find solutions in real-time. That's been great.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We were previously using Java and Selenium. We implemented BlazeMeter for the performance testing. When we discovered the functional test features, it was easy to pick up and start using. It was an accident that we stumbled into. Our use grew out of an initial curiosity of, "Let's see if we can create this test." And, "Oh, wow. That was really quick and easy." And it grew from there into a bunch more tests.

Our DevOps team did all the setup, so I wasn't involved. We have faced challenges getting our functional test teams to engage with BlazeMeter. They don't have automation experience, so they're hesitant to pick it up and start using it. We've made a couple of attempts to show them how to get started with scriptless, but the incentive has not been good enough. Generally, it's still the regression team that handles the automation with Blazemeter, as well as whatever else we're using. After deployment, we don't need to do much maintenance. Sometimes, we have to update test cases because they break, but BlazeMeter itself is low-maintenance.

We've seen a return. I don't know exactly how many test cases are in BlazeMeter now, but we've added quite a few functional test cases in there. It's the tool that our performance testing uses right now in conjunction with JMeter.

I can't speak about pricing. My general evaluation isn't from that standpoint. I make the pitch to the leadership, saying, "I think we should get this," and somebody above me makes a decision about whether we can afford it.

We looked at other solutions for performance testing, not functional testing. A few points about BlazeMeter stood out. One was BlazeMeter's onboarding team. They seemed more helpful and engaged. We had a better rapport with them initially, and their toolset integrated well with JMeter, the solution we were already using. It's also a much more cost-effective solution than the other options.

What other advice do I have?

I rate BlazeMeter nine out of ten. There's still some room to grow, but it's a pretty solid product. If you're comparing this to other tools and you're thinking about using BlazeMeter for functional testing, take a look at the action groups, object library, and test data generation features. Those three things make your day-to-day work a lot easier. It simplifies creating and maintaining your tests.

Other
    Technology Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Easy to navigate and offers reasonable pricing but needs grouping features
    • "The stability is good."
    • "The should be some visibility into load testing. I'd like to capture items via snapshots."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for performance testing.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to navigate.

The testing it offers is very useful and compatible with many platforms.

We don't have to maintain any infrastructure, as that is already provided by BlazeMeter.

The real user monitoring feature is great.

I like that you can integrate JMeter script into the solution and run your load while testing a number of users.

The solution easily runs with end-user experience monitoring and you can run scripts right in the solution.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The stability is good.

The solution can scale.

We have found the technical support to be quite helpful.

The pricing is quite reasonable.

What needs improvement?

We have already provided some sort of feedback for our BlazeMeter vendor who is directly interacting with us. We would like, for example, for there to be some sort of grouping features available.

While they are in the cloud, it would be good to also offer on-premises options.

I've been using the solution for about ten years. It's been about a decade. We've used it for a while.

We've found the stability to be reliable. We're not running into any performance issues at all. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We are planning to scale up to more BlazeMeter products very soon. You can scale it well. We want to scale up to ten products a month.

Technical support has been very good so far. They are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with the assistance overall.

We also use LoadRunner.

The solution is very straightforward to implement. It's not overly complex or difficult.

The deployment only takes one week or so.

The pricing of the solution is pretty good. It's not overly expensive.

We pay to license the solution every year. There are many types of license models. We have chosen the UH license model for which we pay every year.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user.

I'd advise a company considers multiple technologies to support its goals.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Performance Testing Tools
    June 2022
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Suresh Vaddi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Engineer at CIBER
    Provides great flexibility and we can run executions from multiple locations
    • "The solution offers flexibility with its configurations."
    • "Lacks an option to include additional users during a test run."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use BlazeMeter for scripting. I have a performance testing background, and can directly record my workload with the help of a BlazeMeter plugin. Once I've recorded I can modify a couple of enhancements. I can design my signature in BlazeMeter and choose multiple dedicated IPs, depending on our load. We are system integrators and I'm a senior engineer.

What is most valuable?

Providing the Cloud load generator is a good feature. We can run executions from multiple locations. Very few tools provide that. They have recently started with separate API testing. I haven't had a chance to use that yet but it might be very helpful. The solution offers flexibility with its configurations, taking around two to five minutes each. You can see the metrics in a graphical view while running the tests. Response times are also visible and can filter whatever we need and get the results of error loads.

What needs improvement?

Documentation for the solution could be improved because there are some areas, such as licensing costs, where there is a lack of information regarding structure. I'd also like the ability to see a comparison feature after carrying out several tests. I'd like to know the difference in terms of response times and other details. That would be a great feature for them to provide.

Sometimes we'd like to include additional users during a test run to check application sustainability. We can do it from a scripting end but it would be great if BlazeMeter would provide the option of adding a few more users while running a test.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

If there are issues I update it in a chat and the technical support creates a ticket ID for follow-up. Sometimes they respond very quickly and other times they are very slow at resolving the issue. Response times are inconsistent.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward and user-friendly. We have less than 50 users, we don't do any load tests.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend BlazeMeter because of the accuracy of the results.

I rate the solution eight out of 10.

Global Delivery Head at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
    Lacking support and security, but has multifaceted capabilities
    • "BlazeMeter can be used for both API and performance testing, it is a multi-facility tool."
    • "If the solution had better support and the documentation was efficient it would do better in the market."

What is most valuable?

BlazeMeter can be used for both API and performance testing, it is a multi-facility tool.

What needs improvement?

If the solution had better support and the documentation was efficient it would do better in the market.

I used BlazeMeter within the past 12 months.

BlazeMeter is a stable solution.

We have not done a lot of scalability testing with BlazeMeter to determine the full capabilities of the solution.

Small enterprises would prefer to use BlazeMeter and those companies which have a favorable budget should choose Micro Focus LoadRunner or Tricentis NeoLoad.

There is minimal support available for BlazeMeter. You have to use the internet and try to do some searches to find solutions to your problems.

I have used many similar solutions similar to BlazeMeter, such as JMeter, which I believe BlazeMeter is a customized version of JMeter. It is difficult to compare BlazeMeter to either Micro Focus LoadRunner or Tricentis NeoLoad because it is more of an open-source solution. You do not receive the high level of support that you do with paid solutions. You have to refer to the internet to resolve issues.

The difficulty level for the installation of BlazeMeter depends on how we want to implement it. It's easy to download and install, but some companies restrict the security side of it. The paid solutions are more secure compared to these open-source solutions.

The solution is free and open source.

What other advice do I have?

BlazeMeter should release frequently updated demo versions of the solution to the market. They can let the internet community test it, such as crowdsourced testing, this would be good for them in the market.

I would recommend this solution to others if they have a small budget and do not have the option to buy another solution. Otherwise, Tricentis NeoLoad and Micro Focus LoadRunner are the best.

I rate BlazeMeter a four out of ten.

Associate QA Manager at Xcel Serv Solution
    Great performance testing and API Mocking with reliable stability
    • "It supports any number of features and has a lot of tutorials."
    • "The reporting capabilities could be improved."

What is most valuable?

I like the BlazeMeter extension. It is a very good expansion. With it, you can record any type of performance script scenario, and you can generate in a JMeter script, Selenium, et cetera. That is a very good feature.

If you want to do that, it is used mostly on performance testing, API Mocking, et cetera. The API Mocking capabilities are great.

For performance, it is a very good tool and we don't have too much to do.

It is UI-based and you can select the load generator and it is auto-scalable. You can select the origin where we want to generate load from it. We can select the bandwidth, for example.

It supports any number of features and has a lot of tutorials.

The solution is stable.

What needs improvement?

I cannot recall coming across any missing features.

The reporting capabilities could be improved.

It would be ideal if it could incorporate tools such as APM or Dynatrace.

I've been using the solution for six years. It's been a while.

We have found the solution to be stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

For the paid version, we have our own technical support for BlazeMeter. They are helpful.

The cost is a bit high for the Indian consumer. For a European or American user, the solution may not seem that expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end-users.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're pretty happy with its capabilities in general.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Senior Test Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    MSP
    Good support and documentation

What is our primary use case?

We used BlazeMeter for our performance testing. It allows us to run our tests on the local area network. Its primary use is to make sure that applications can handle a high load before going into the production environment. It will generate a report with the results.

The clients come up with some of the test cases and we have to validate them.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product has improved the way our organization does testing.

What is most valuable?

This is a customizable product.

The documentation is good.

The sharing works well.

What needs improvement?

Having more options for customization would be helpful.

We have been using BlazeMeter for the last six months.

We have about 20 users who run over 1,000 test cases.

The technical support is good. They have good support documentation and when we have contacted them, they helped to guide us.

I started working directly with Blazemeter. There is another person in the company who is using LoadRunner and it costs about $300 per year.

What other advice do I have?

Download our free Performance Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Perforce, Apache, Micro Focus, and more!
    Updated: June 2022