IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is #8 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is most commonly compared to SentinelOne: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra vs SentinelOne. Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 43% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.
Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide

Download the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra?

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is an endpoint security solution that offers protection against even the most elusive cyber threats. The solution provides a full range of security capabilities, including threat detection, pre- and post- compromise visibility, alert triage, automatic response, advanced search, investigation, and more. It is designed with a single agent/single consoler architecture, is cloud-native, and also supports on-premises deployments.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Features

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Extended endpoint detection and response: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra applies XDR capabilities to detect advanced attacks across multiple endpoints in hybrid infrastructures, including workstations, servers, or containers running various operating systems.
  • Integrated human and endpoint risk analytics: The Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra solution continuously identifies user actions and behaviors that may pose a security risk to your organization, such as using unencrypted web pages for logging into websites, usage of compromised USBs, poor password management, recurrent infections, and more.
  • Layered defense: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra offers highly effective layered protection to protect against threats by using signatureless technologies like advanced local and cloud machine learning, behavior analysis technologies, and integrated sandbox and device hardening.
  • Low overhead incident investigation and response: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra allows incident response teams to react fast and stop ongoing attacks via fast alerts, attack timelines, and sandbox outputs.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Next-gen prevention and detection: The solution uses advanced prevention capabilities such as PowerShell Defense, Exploit Defense, and Anomaly Detection to block attacks earlier in the attack chain (at pre-execution) so your security posture remains intact and safe. Once an active threat is detected, automatic response kicks in to block further damage or lateral movements.
  • Cross platform coverage: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra covers all enterprise endpoints, running Windows, Linux, or Mac in physical, virtualized, or cloud infrastructures, ensuring consistent security across your entire infrastructure.
  • Third-party integration APIs: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra supports integration with pre-existing security operations tools.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra solution.

Robert N., CEO at CSToday, says, “We like the dashboard, the console, the reporting. It's very easy to deploy. It has great security with excellent standard policies and is extremely stable.”

PeerSpot user David A., Cybersecurity Analyst & System Engineer at Compucare Systems Inc., mentions, "The best feature for our customers is the ransomware feature. It is very fresh and powerful. Bitdefender also has a feature called Ransomware Vaccine. With this feature, when a file from the ransomware is encrypted Bitdefender can revert it back to the original file. It automatically decrypts the file and puts the ransom in quarantine."

Troy F., Managing Director at TEPSA (Pty) Ltd., comments, “The valuable features are, of course, the protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software, but the solution also provides application and device control which stops people copying things onto a memory stick, for example. In addition, it provides web filtering and blocking of inappropriate websites. The product covers pretty much every aspect of cyber security, but the primary function that everybody gets it for is the anti malware or antivirus protection.”

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra was previously known as Bitdefender GravityZone.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Customers

Mentor Graphics, Rudersdal Kommune

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Video

Archived Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Reviews (more than two years old)

German R. - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Information Security Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has the ability to whitelist, blacklist, and be very granular as to what I blocked
  • "The most valuable feature for me is the ability to whitelist, blacklist, and be very granular as to what I blocked, what apps I blocked, and what websites I block. I think that's probably the most valuable feature."
  • "The software itself is solid. It would be better if it was more of a real-time solution, like SentinelOne. The one thing that holds me back on the SentinelOne side is that I can blacklist websites and stuff like that, but it's not as granular as Bitdefender. With Bitdefender, I feel like I have more control over what I can whitelist and blacklist."

What is our primary use case?

The way I have it configured for most of my clients is that I go through and I do an analysis of where they need to go from basically giving them absolutely no access. I literally block everything. Then I start opening up their modules for content control. It's for opening up and giving specific users specific access that they need on the internet. I try to go with the zero access approach. That's my main approach. And that's how I usually use it. Obviously I have a couple of clients that wanted everything open and then they wanted us to go backward and to leave everything open and start closing things once in a while if they saw a problem.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The tech engineers don't complain about much. It's solid. My biggest thing is that I want to have more than one option for my clients.

The software itself is solid. It would be better if it was more of a real-time solution, like SentinelOne. The one thing that holds me back on the SentinelOne side is that I can blacklist websites and stuff like that, but it's not as granular as Bitdefender. With Bitdefender, I feel like I have more control over what I can whitelist and blacklist.

Bitdefender is not designed to work in real-time. It's a signature-based platform, it's going to work signature-based in that there are times that it has to get updates. For example, if I'm managing a hundred machines with Bitdefender and the staff is having internet issues or something, and Bitdefender does an update within a week, not all the machines are going to be up to date at the same time. I have it configured to run every day at a certain time but unfortunately, a lot of the people that use it have really bad internet and I can't run it during work hours, I have to run it after hours and they shut their computers off. The first thing Bitdefender does is it goes and looks for signatures in the morning and then it runs the updates at night and then it runs scans at night as well. Sometimes it can go three, four, five days without any update. I've had some that go up to 27. The longest I've had was 32 days and it didn't even run one scan.

I have a client in the Philippines and right now, because of COVID, they're all over the Philippines and in the provinces where they have a really bad internet connection, it's a struggle. I have to schedule with them. The internet is so bad that I have six people using phone data to work because internet companies don't even go that far out for them to have a stable internet connection.

In those cases, I'm struggling a little bit with Bitdefender. With a regular office set up, it runs like clockwork. But with this new normal that we have right now, it's been a little bit complicated. That's why I'm looking to add Cylance. I have a demo with them soon.

I have been using Bitdefender for three years.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Right now I have about 150 licenses. I use Bitdefender as my go-to. Bitdefender is the default for any new client that signs up.

I've never needed to use technical support.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. When I deployed, I deployed it through SolarWind software. It took minutes. I just uploaded the installer and I pushed it through the machines. It went through and it did the clean up of the default AVs that come when they buy the machines and it cleaned most of those up. There were a few McAfees and a couple of Nortons that we had to go in and manually use the McAfee or the Norton removal tool to get rid of those before the Bitdefender would install. But that was a very small percentage. It cleaned up most of them and it was running with no problem.

If we're in a regular office scenario, it's pretty painless.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to do it. For the most part, I've been happy. I would definitely recommend it.

I don't know if the software has the infrastructure for it, but in the next release, I would like for them to add some AI and some more predictive capabilities. It'll run more on a real-time basis instead of near real-time. I think that would work for me. I think it would be great.

I would rate Bitdefender a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Consultant
Mohamed Berawy - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Team Leader at ValueSYS
Reseller
Easy to install, technical support that is responsive and helpful, and offers solid security more protection.
  • "It is easy to scale and it is suitable for organizations from small businesses to enterprise."
  • "I would like to see the capability for remote installation added, in particular for servers."

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor for Bitdefender in our country and GravityZone is one of the security products that we have experience with.

How has it helped my organization?

Bitdefender have improve our Cloud technology knowledge , as for the last 5 years we didn't see any progress in that field from any other vendor here in Egypt.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security( Hyper detect, Sandbox and EDR ). because I think protection is our main target .

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the capability for remote installation of third party applications added( Like installing WinRar MS Office etc..) , and Firewall for servers.

We have been working with Bitdefender for about five years.

GravityZone is a stable product and we haven't experienced any problems with it over the past five years.

It is easy to scale and it is suitable for organizations from small businesses to enterprise. It can cover a wide range of environments.

We have implemented GravityZone in environments with more than 2,000 users.

We have been in touch with technical support from time to time, although they have been minor issues related to the customer's environment. The support is good and they respond quickly.

We worked with Kaspersky for about 10 years.

I think that in Egypt, the cloud version of Bitdefender is more mature than Kaspersky and the other vendors. It also has more features. However, Kaspersky has remote installation capability for third party applications, which is something that is missing from Bitdefender.

For EDR The on-premises solutions by other vendors have larger hardware requirements than Bitdefender. also Cloud EDR from Bitdefender is 10 min. installation solution with no Hardware requirements.

The initial setup is straightforward and easy to do, especially if you are using the cloud version. The deployment will take less than 20 minutes for cloud-based installation, and less than one hour for the on-premises appliance.

Our in-house team handles the deployment and maintenance for our customers. One person is suitable for either installation or maintenance in an enterprise-level organization.

We have uploaded videos to our YouTube channel that include helpful details such as the installation steps and our recommended configuration.

As a distributor for Bitdefender , and as feedback from our clients , I think Bitdefender have and a balanced price package which cover their needs without exceeding the budget .

We cannot in precise Calculate the ROI here in Egypt .

There are different packages available that vary in terms of licensing fees. The entry license is called Business Security, which has basic endpoint features like anti-malware, firewall, and device control.

The next level is called Advanced Security, which protects email and virtualized environments. The third level is called Elite, which has more advanced security features. It is a unique engine to deal with attacks on files or memory. It also has a sandbox, which allows you to collect feedback about any application you are running.

The fourth level is called Ultra, which is an EDR solution.

Kaspersky, Sophos , Microsoft and Eset.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering or implementing this product is to visit our YouTube channel to look for helpful videos on it to see how to preform and easy and fast POC.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Country partner
Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra
August 2022
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.
David Alfonso - PeerSpot reviewer
Cybersecurity Analyst & System Engineer at Compucare Systems Inc
Reseller
Offers patch management for all critical updates and protection of the system
  • "The best feature for our customers is the ransomware feature. It is very fresh and powerful. Bitdefender also has a feature called Ransomware Vaccine. With this feature, when a file from the ransomware is encrypted Bitdefender can revert it back to the original file. It automatically decrypts the file and puts the ransom in quarantine."
  • "Bitfender could improve their modules on the server. For example, Bitdefender doesn't have content filters or firewall modules on the server. It would be great if it had a networking module and a content filter module at the workstations."

How has it helped my organization?

We use patch management from Bitdefender, as well. It has a feature that has patch management for all the critical updates or protection of the system. It keeps the computer and the server up to date automatically with the details for the reports. It also has a new risk analytics feature. This risk analysis is a vulnerability scan of the workstation and the server endpoint, and it will tell you all the security misconfigurations on the system and provide you the solution to fix it. It also has automatic fixes to protect some of those misconfigurations.

For example. We all know the protocol SMB v1 is dangerous because it's old, and at the same time, it's vulnerable to the WannaCry ransomware. So with Bitdefender's risk analysis, it automatically fixes that for you, as well as a bunch of other things. I like that.

What is most valuable?

The best feature for our customers is the ransomware feature. It is very fresh and powerful. Bitdefender also has a feature called Ransomware Vaccine. With this feature, when a file from the ransomware is encrypted Bitdefender can revert it back to the original file. It automatically decrypts the file and puts the ransom in quarantine. This is like SentinelOne. This is a very impressive feature.

The second Bitdefender feature that I consider very important is its anti-phishing filter. The workstations get a straight content filter to protect from web pages. I like Bitdefender's anti-phishing so much because it doesn't need to install to any browser. It's captured directly from the network traffic in the computer, and it stopped a lot of phishing or phishing pages. It a very powerful anti-phisher. It sends email reports in real-time. I'm very happy with that.

What needs improvement?

Bitdefender could improve their modules on the server. For example, Bitdefender doesn't have content filters or firewall modules on the server. It would be great if it had a networking module and a content filter module at the workstations. Because when you install it on a workstation and a server is totally different, the workstation has all the modules, firewalls, content filters, antivirus, anti-exploit, etc. But then the server has fewer features than the workstation. It has the anti-malware and the EDR, which is good because you can see the logs. It also has the device control so you can block USB's and whatever you need. But it doesn't have the content filter to see the anti-phishing, and it doesn't have the firewall inside to stop network attacks. This is something that could be improved.

We have been using Bitdefender GravityZone for our customers for about three years.

It's very stable. The endpoint doesn't give me any errors. It doesn't require a lot of communication ports or protocols. It just needs to go to an HTTPS and create a port, like a web port, and they synchronize everything with the central server. It's very, very straightforward and it's very stable. It's not like all the antivirus products that I know require you to have ports open to communicate better. With other software you have the whitelist, a lot of hostnames in the firewall, to make sure it communicates to the server or the cloud. With Bitdefender, it just uses one hostname, one port, that's it. It's very stable. Very easy.

This product has an excellent price and it works with selling and reselling. It is a very good product to buy if you want to save money. In my experience, it's much more powerful than other solutions. It is very aggressive with the ransomware relative to the price. Its remote access Trojan is very focused on that power of security.

The support from Bitdefender could be improved. Last year the support was really slow. When you sent a ticket they would answer you five hours later. But over this past year, it has been improving. Now, if you send a ticket they call you back and help with whatever you need in about an hour.

The support people are are very skilled. When they call you they solve the problem immediately. They mostly do email support. But there is an option when you open a ticket that you can select remote support so they can connect remotely to your computer and assist you with whatever you need regarding Bitdefender.

We recently had a problem with password protection on a customer's endpoint. They helped us wipe it out. It was great. That's the experience we've had with the support tech. They've improved since last year.

We switched from Symantec because we had a problem with ransomware that did not stop. We were concerned about the customers with this particular ransom and older kinds of threats. We switched to Bitdefender after we tested a lot of viruses and ransomware in the lab.

The setup is very easy. You just set it up at the company, then you set up the package, and you download the executable, and it will be automatically installed. There's no "next next" wizards, nothing. It's all automatic. It has a feature, that I only I realized a month ago, which helps you to remove old competitors like Malwarebytes from all devices. The setup is very simple, believe me.

Also, with big environments like Active Directory, which has a lot of computers in the domain, you can install one endpoint in the server and set it up like a relay, everything in the simple graphical interface - very friendly. And you can deploy everything from the Bitdefender cloud, the installation to all the workstations which are in the domain.

The license is very flexible. You can choose from monthly, yearly, or three years. The license is very simple. It's not a file that has to upload to the product. It's just a serial number, like a product key, that you put on the cloud console, and that's it. Every endpoint you install will be synchronized with that license.

We tested several antivirus solutions and Bitdefender gave us the best results. In my experience as an IT company providing a lot of customers IT support and MSP, Bitdefender was and still is, the best at stopping the most dangerous ransomware currently on the internet.

What other advice do I have?

We use Bitdefender cloud. So basically everything is cloud-based. All the protection is based on agents installed in servers and workstations.

In terms of mobile protection, I see that it has good features. You can install the mobile protection on on-premise servers like VMware or Hyper-V, and it works fine. It's very friendly. I do see the graphics on the mobile endpoint are a little bit old and I think they should improve that. Also, it would be great if in the future they included a feature for anti-theft so they can clean the device and wipe it out if it gets stolen. I think it might have that feature because we are testing the new mobile solution that has the remote wipe, and the lock with the password feature. But the classic interface from the app should be improved, it's a little bit old.

Another feature I would like to improve is on the laptops. When a laptop is lost or stolen, it would be great if they included the anti-theft there as well. Because in the personal product, it's already implemented, but for business, it's not. That would be great.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Bitdefender GravityZone a nine.

Private Cloud
Product Leader at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
User-friendly cloud management that is useful and easy to deploy
  • "The cloud management is easy and useful, especially in our case when we have multiple offices in different locations."
  • "They were working on the encryption management for laptops, and if they complete it then it would be helpful."

What is most valuable?

The cloud management is really good. We don't do internal testing, we base our knowledge on the external tests and AV tests.

What needs improvement?

We have not had any major problems with Bitdefender, it seems to be quite good.

There are some additional features that they can implement in the product. For example, a remote wipe option or a geo-tracking for the laptop. That may not be the area they are targeting, but it would be useful.

They were working on the encryption management for laptops, and if they complete it then it would be helpful.

We have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable and we haven't had any issues.

The users have not reported any issues so far.

This solution is quite scalable. Whether you have a small one or a large one, it's easy to deploy.

We have just under two hundred clients and we have one hundred and eighty users. We have two admins and the rest are endpoint users of protected devices.

In total, we have one hundred and eighty protected devices.

We have not had to contact customer service for technical support. We haven't had any issues.

Previously we did not use a different solution. Bitdefender GravityZone is the first one for this company.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I like the fact that you download the agent from the website and it's already tied to accounts. We don't have to provide any additional details, so when you download the agent from your cloud portal, it already connects to your instance.

There is a fully functional trial that we used and we didn't have any issues.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and there isn't anything to be worried about.

The only thing that I would probably test is your internal applications. We don't rely on this, but rather, we rely on the cloud applications that are widely known. Sometimes there are issues. If you use standard, widely known applications, it shouldn't be a problem.

Some of the things that we are looking at but not sure how far along they are with releasing are geo-tracking, remote wipe, and encryption management.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

IT Manager at voluntis
Simple deployment and is simple to use
  • "The features that are most useful are the simplicity of deploying the package and the cryptosystem for managing all the situations on the computer."
  • "The cryptosystem could be improved a bit."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

At the moment, I do not have enough experience with the solution to know what needs to be improved. The cryptosystem could be improved a bit.

I've been using the solution since January.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is easy to scale.

I have contacted technical support in the past. I was very stuck when we started a project in terms of the configuration. Their response was quick and came with good technical support.

Before using Bitdefender, we were using Sophos. It's a very similar system to other firewall appliances. It was a full appliance with everything on it, and we decided to not switch but split all the systems from Sophos to different appliances for better security and improvement of the company.

The initial setup was easy. You just need to read some of the communication and hit it to deploy and it permits on the system. We deployed it to more than 150 users. They are all end users. We have only a few admins.

Before choosing the platform we evaluated other technologies like Palo Alto Traps. It was a bit different. We chose our solution because it was very simple to use, to deploy, and it was really good for our needs.

What other advice do I have?

At the moment everything is good for me. It's really simple to use it.

I would rate this solution nine out of 10.

Ian Skibbe - PeerSpot reviewer
Channel Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
A stable solution with fantastic scalability

What is most valuable?

I like that you can manage, uninstall, and install everything via the web console.

What needs improvement?

Having better descriptions or larger headings that will help you navigate through the to the ISP is needed. It needs to be a bit easier, a bit more intuitive. It would also be nice if we could move devices between companies.

I've been using the solution for two and a half years.

The solution is very stable. We have about 23,000 end users.

The scalability is fantastic.

The outreach from support was a bit bad according to their plan, but we've got two people here that manage and support GravityZone and interact with them and they manage it very well. So, I'm pretty satisfied.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% advise using the solution.

I'd rate the solution 10 out of 10.

Information technologies at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Can be controlled from the cloud but installing and uninstalling is difficult
  • "GravityZone can be controlled from the cloud."
  • "We find it's making the machines run slow."

What is most valuable?

One feature I found valuable was controlling from the cloud. It was better for me that GravityZone could be controlled from the cloud.

What needs improvement?

We are having trouble on the server side. But also on the endpoint side. For example, specifically on my computer, I couldn't run it, so I had to remove the program. I'm not using endpoint security for now, especially not Bitdefenders right now.

We find it's making the machines run slow. We're also having problems in the service groups. When we run GravityZone it suddenly goes very slowly. Some processes are bad and we can't use some features, so we had to uninstall some products from the service of some endpoint devices. We are using about 2000 endpoints and 2000 servers.

They seem to have problems installing for the client. We can't seem to find support when we do an install. Uninstalling it is a problem as well. Recently, I tried to uninstall from my computer and when I tried to deploy it, it was hard for me to uninstall it. I have found some tools, but it was really hard to remove it with them too.

It must be optimized in my opinion. Because it makes the machine very slow. In the past, we were using ESET NOD32. It was very good, it was not making the machine slow. It was normal. The machine was fast when I'm used ESET, but when I started using Bitdefender it made my computer very slow. It's not just me. My colleague is complaining that the machines are becoming very slow after using Bitdefender.

They should make uninstalling easier and improve the service side, but also make it removable on demand locally. It needs to be removable from the local service, not the cloud.

I'd been using the solution for 5 months, but I stopped 2 months ago.

From what I understand, we were going to program from the cloud, and have one policy from the cloud. Some policies would be okay. But my computer was not visible in the cloud. Normally it's good because if we can move it onto the cloud, it would make it easy. With the use of the cloud, we can move many computers at the same time. At the time we had more than 2000 devices using it. But I couldn't move my computer. It was bad for me.

We had issues with technical support. They kept saying that they were helping, but in reality, on the ground, we had problems. From the server side, we had issues. We had so many servers, but we weren't using most of them. We had a license, but we weren't using it.

Previously we just used ESET.

The initial setup was complex, plus the IT company was not using one individual for one program for one company. They are installing for other companies also. There are so many companies, they're not installing the quality program for another person, or for other companies.

It's different, ESET.  You must learn it very well. Because every time you're downloading ESET, you're downloading a different ESET. Its operation is not the best at supporting people with IT issues. The workload is much more than before. We must do the same job with fewer people. It's so much work. But it's harder than ESET.

We looked at Kapersky and a few more. Kapersky was better than this product. I knew the Bitdefender engine was used by so many devices and the engine was known very well. But as an antivirus program, Kapersky and ESET were better than this solution. But their price for the company was too much. In my opinion, Kapersky's server side is better.

What other advice do I have?

If you move from the cloud and can find good support in your country, it's advisable. But otherwise, the next time, I think I'd not choose Bitdefender GravityZone. I would rate the solution a 6 or 6.5 out of 10. Because of the issues we experienced on the server-side.

Security Technician with 1,001-5,000 employees
Very stable solution but it isn't designed for the European market
  • "I have access to it from anywhere."
  • "The solution wasn't designed to be used in France."

What is most valuable?

I like the style of it. It's great because I have access to it from anywhere.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be improved by being able to pull up the localization key map of the user. Also, to be more international, not just American compliant.

I've been using the solution for 3 months.

I never had any issues, never had any bugs, it was very stable. I liked it very much.

I was in a daily rush and was put in touch with people who were selling the solution, so I was not left with a good impression.

What other advice do I have?

I do wish the two solutions I picked up had the same way of working, but that's not the case. So, it's a compromise. I really like it; I really had a good time with the professional who pushed Bitdefender with me. He had a good experience. I don't know if I had the strength to set up everything. I needed to pre-offer the application, and I've tried Cryptids, pre-boot encryption on the drive, and BitCourse, which is Bitdefender's.

If you want to have a pre-boot, the password has to be set up using a keyed map, which is crazy, because nobody uses keyed maps. That's just a corporate failure and it's not acceptable when you see how much it costs.

The panels have also been able to bypass the security shell.

Unfortunately, the solution wasn't designed to be used in France. So I think it should be restricted to the American market.

For those setting up the solution, I would say get used to using core tying cable.

It's much easier to deploy with the network, there's much more ease. I claim can do that for you, the HTTP management. But the way it was designed, it's not just designed for us.

Using BitDoctor for encryption isn't smart, because we're using Windows 7 Pro, and we can't use Bitcalc elements on Windows 7 Pro because it has to be committed Enterprise. There's no way we're going to buy it from SR Live Central just to get the disk encryption. And this is the whole point: you might as well get your own encryption engine and then just use that solution. Because with BitDoctor, you can encrypt the disk if you do a run dump, and then in the run dump you get the TPA chip and you can decrypt the disk.

If I was an American, I'd give the solution an 8 out of 10. As a European, I rate the solution 6 out of 10.

Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to use, easy installation and can be installed on other servers or workstations
  • "We have clients who are also migrating from other anti-virus solutions to GravityZone because of the ease of use, ease of installation and the fact that it can be deployed in the cloud and the same software; you can actually install on other server or workstation. It automatically knows what it's protecting."
  • "The pricing should be improved. The user interface has been improved on a yearly basis. The key issue is that they need to look at their pricing."

What is our primary use case?

We have been reselling Bitdefender for over twelve years now. Our primary use case for this solution is for a microfinance bank. They wanted a solution that can deliver security in the cloud. In fact, there was no other antivirus partner or manufacturer that has enterprise security that is hosted in the cloud. When they came to us, we told them that we have a solution that can do that, which is Bitdefender GravityZone. We told them exactly what it does:

• You don't need to buy a separate server to deploy it, which is major savings for the bank.
  • It is hosted in the cloud. Because it is hosted in the cloud, you can deploy it in the cloud and you can monitor it from anywhere in the world, whether you are in the office or not. It gives you the stability to know which clients have been updated, which clients have not been updated, which ones have been attacked, and which endpoints have been attacked.
  • You can generate your report. You don't necessarily have to be in the office to have the network working.

Now, the good thing also about that, apart from the savings and the ability to have the stability of your reports no matter where you are, is the fact that at any point in time, you can have a central policy setting. With that, you can set your policy centrally and from there you push to all your clients. Then also, you can generate your report. You don't necessarily have to be in the office to have the network working.

What happens is that a desktop will be configured to be what they call a relay server. Then the relay server within your line goes to Bitdefender.com to pick up updates and every client on your network gets updates from the local system. What that means is that it reduces your internet calls. They were happy with that.

The client also wanted to know what happens when they're out of office. I explained that if you're out of the office, once you're connected to the internet, using anything the system goes straight to Bitdefender.com. With the first attempt to view the local server, if it's unable to see the local server, then it takes the second route, which is going to Bitdefender.com. They were very happy about that. They asked all about the issue of memory and performance on systems. I explained that the performance is very light because if it's light, the overhead on the systems is also very low. They were also satisfied with that.

They asked me how to install on the server and not the desktop and I told them that it's exactly the same as a critical file that you push to boot the server and the desktop. The system is intelligent enough to know which operating system is running and it will handle that.

Lastly, they asked what happens if they have an existing antivirus. Bitdefender has the ability to automatically uninstall any existing antivirus but we can't make any change on your registry.

We helped them to do a POC, they were happy with it and after that, they purchased a license of around 2,500 users for two years.

How has it helped my organization?

Bitdefender has improved my organization in the way that it has grown our revenue over the years. We have more clients that have signed on Bitdefender GravityZone. Then we have clients who are also migrating from other antivirus solutions to GravityZone because of the ease of use, ease of installation and the fact that it can be deployed in the cloud and the same software; you can actually install it on other servers or workstations. It automatically knows what it's protecting.

Most importantly, we've also had very good support from Bitdefender. Any time you get to Bitdefender support with any issue, their response has been very helpful.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I've found most valuable is the ability to configure updates to be hourly. Only very few antiviruses can do that. You can be protected from a wide range of malware because it can do hourly updates. We haven't heard of another solution that can do this.

What needs improvement?

The pricing should be improved. The user interface has been improved on a yearly basis. The key issue is that they need to look at their pricing.

Bitdefender is very productive because since we started selling Bitdefender for the past ten years, we've had almost about six different revisions. Every year and every six months there are improvements in their products, based on feedback, customer needs, changes in technology, and so on.

For example, people were talking about encryption, so today you have GravityZone that has the ability to perform disc encryption. Disc encryption is done to ensure that your disc isn't attacked.

Clients were requesting for endpoint detection EDR, which right now they have been able to incorporate. At any point in time, they have always been improving.

Every six months there are new features. Every three months new features come in to address the needs of these customers. Bitdefender has consistently been very pro-active in virtually all the places we've installed. We ask our clients if they have any issues with the product. All of them say that it's very easy to install and to understand and that they don't have any problems with it. Any global requirements are constantly incorporated. Our clients want to see some intelligence built into reporting but they saw that most antivirus solutions don't do analytics. Bitdefender has acquired a new company that does analytics so the analytics software gets input from the antivirus then it is able to correlate and give you the analytics that are required.

Once we install it properly, it is stable.

We don't have any issues with the scalability.

In terms of the number of users that use this solution, it depends on the client. One of our clients has a 2,500 user license. We have another one using an over 4,000 user license. We have some using a 5 user license.

Usually, the roles of the people who manage it within the organization are on the security team. It's usually people in the network administration, working with IT security

Bitdefender has very good technical support because all you need to do is send an email to support and in less than five minutes somebody is online. You can also chat with them if you need to chat. They have the option to email. If you are in a remote area, they have telephonic support as well.

We have been using Bitdefender for a long time. We've never used any other antivirus. Other customers have moved from other platforms to Bitdefender because of the possibility of the cloud solution.

They also choose Bitdefender because it has competitive pricing compared to solutions like McAfee and Symantec. They have local support and it's easy to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward and easy. All you need to do is set up your account in Bitdefender Central. Once you open up your accounts, an email is sent to you, you accept the email, and set up your password then it gives you space on the cloud and that's all. It's good to go. The next thing is to link it to your active directory. Once you link it to the active directory, you can see all the users and you just send them an email and they will click and once they click, that's all. It's very easy.

Usually, deployments can take up to six months but can vary from two days to three months as well. It depends on one, the environment in the sense that, if for example, we are deploying to an organization with about 9,000 users, and they are distributed across a large geographical location, they cannot do an antivirus deployment immediately. They need to do what is called a phased implementation. Usually, phases are done off work periods, either in the night or weekends. The reason is that we don't want anything that would disrupt operations.

Two, usually before we do implementation we do what they call a checklist. We need to know which systems they have if they're Windows, Android or IOS. We want to know which versions because not all versions are supported at any point in time. If they're not supported, we need to do an upgrade on these systems before implementations start.

Thirdly, we look at the memory and what resources they have. Usually, there is what we call minimum and there's recommended. We go for recommended in terms of specification. Once the recommended is done, we look at the structure of their active directory then after that, we sit down with the IT team who are going to be part of the implementation and take them through the product portfolio of what we want to implement. We show them all the features, show them the various implementation methodologies and configuration options. We show them how updates are done. We now move farther to tell them some of the other requirements like some ports that must be left open in each of these systems at the routers so that the packages can pass through, they are not considered as malicious.

If you have any other security software running in your environment, you'll need to create exceptions for the Bitdefender package. After that, we start implementation with one or two systems then we allow them to then shadow us and do it on their own. If there are issues, we show them where the mistake was made. We continue to give them offline support or on-site support depending on the contract they have signed with us or with our resellers.

Ordinarily, the number of staff we require for deployment is a function of how large the organization is. On average, it's a maximum of five people because for very large organizations we have to do phased implementations and depending on which implementation methodology is chosen, whether it's going to be on-prem or cloud. If it's cloud, it's very simple. Somebody just logs on to the computer and begins to deploy very easily. Just control the systems and do the installation.

We're a value-added distributor. We have technical expertise in-house, we give resellers the options to either deploy or we deploy on their behalf. There are some resellers who don't have deployment abilities, there are some resellers who have deployment abilities, and there are some users who have deployment abilities, there are some users who don't have deployment skills. It depends on the scenario. If a user wants to do the deployment themselves it's fine but if they run into a problem during installation, we are going to charge them for the installation. We usually draw a line between installation issues and support issues especially for new clients because some clients want to install it themselves then in the course of the installation, they don't install properly and they tell us it's a support issue.

The licensing cost is on a monthly basis when you're doing the MSP model. MSP is a managed security service model. If you're doing the regular one year license, the licensing is based on what we call, a licensing band, so you get the minimum. The minimum is a three-user license. The pricing depends on the nature of the customer's environment, the number of users, and the infrastructure the customer has.

For example, if you have Microsoft Exchange in your environment and you want to protect it then you have to take a different option because you have the options of GravityZone business, you have the GravityZone Advance then you have the GravityZone Enterprise. It depends on the function of your infrastructure. Once we are able to know the infrastructure a customer has then we'll be able to come up with the right option.

There are additional costs apart from the initial licensing fee. The additional costs will come from things like the local support of the partner. If you're looking for on-site support then that would be an additional cost. They offer free offsite support, like telephonic and email support.

We evaluated all other solutions like Symantec and McAfee which has no local support. We evaluated ESET but their rating was not good. We evaluated Kaspersky but Kaspersky required many resources.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to somebody considering this solution would be to one, make sure that you get the exact model of the product you're looking for based on your environment. Two, you must ensure that you meet the minimum requirements because for Bitdefender if you don't meet the minimum requirements, it will not install. It will not install and if it does not install you will never know where the problem is coming from.

I would rate Bitdefender a ten out of ten.

Datacenter Engineer at a university with 501-1,000 employees
They are constantly updating what is already a good antivirus and malware solution
  • "They are constantly updating the solution against malware."
  • "I would like to see a remote desktop for installed endpoints so administrators can see what is on a user's screen or what a user is doing."

What is our primary use case?

We implemented it as an antivirus solution in our enterprise two months ago. It monitors and defends our endpoints against viruses and malware.

How has it helped my organization?

Once we installed Bitdefender, we saw that servers that had been attacked by certain types of malware were protected. Our applications have some defect issues and Bitdefender has proven to be a good antivirus and malware solution.

What is most valuable?

They are constantly updating the solution against malware.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the communication between servers and endpoints. The performance there needs to be much better. When we install endpoints and they communicate with the appliance server, we notice a drop in endpoint performance. The endpoint automatically connects and the policies are applied to the endpoint but the performance does not meet our expectations.

In terms of additional features, I would like to see a remote desktop for installed endpoints so administrators can see what is on a user's screen or what a user is doing. A remote desktop between the server and the endpoints would be a useful feature in Bitdefender.

Less than one year.

It's very stable. The only thing I recommend is that the communication between the endpoint and the server needs improvement.

It's highly scalable. The scalability is very good. However, some legacy solutions on Windows caused issues, but we were able to solve them ourselves.

Technical support has been good. They are kind and respect our issues. I have received the help I need.

We had cybersecurity issues with our servers. One of our servers was attacked by ransomware. After that, we decided to bring on a solution to defend our servers from such issues.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was so simple I did it myself. I didn't need to go to the manuals, other than a little bit at the beginning. After that I continued everything by myself. It was so easy.

The deployment took about two hours.

There is a good return on investment. It gives you the protection you need and, for network administrators, peace of mind, once you have installed this solution. All your data will be secured by Bitdefender.

A good thing about Bitdefender is its price. It has a suitable price for every company and organization. I evaluated a lot of antivirus solutions, but some of them were so expensive. The most suitable one was Bitdefender.

I have reviewed a lot of solutions such as Kaspersky and Avast Endpoint Protection. I tested them myself, although not in production. But Bitdefender has proven, when installed in the production environment, to be very stable, good, and reliable.

What other advice do I have?

Don't spend too much time searching. You'll find it easy to deploy this solution. Just download and try the trial version.

In terms of maintaining the solution, it requires two people, a network administrator and a backup network administrator. At the moment we don't have any plans to increase usage, but in the future we will have more endpoints.

Mihail Andries - PeerSpot reviewer
CISO at BRD-Groupe Societe Generale SA
Near real-time signature updates and workstation analysis are key features for us
  • "One of the most valuable features is the signature updating in near real-time."
  • "What's happening now in this field is artificial intelligence, the behavior part. That is now the trend in many products, including Bitdefender, and this is where the product needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

POC on an sample of workstations on various profiles

How has it helped my organization?

We tested it in a laboratory, not yet in real life, and we ran Zero-day. The antivirus found that it was trying to write in a particular memory zone. It blocked the payload to prevent it from executing it. It did so even though it was a Zero-day, meaning that it was not known at that moment by any antivirus on the market.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the signature updating in near real-time. Also, the behavior of the processes - what's happening on the work station, which is not necessarily signature based - gives us a compartmentalized level of analysis.

What needs improvement?

The solution performed very well in handling threats, antivirus is baseline for any organization and it is very dangerous not to take care of the basics.

We would like to see more improvements on the reporting side, such as more granular or customization abilities, or compliance-ready template reports.

Trial/evaluations only.

The stability is good. There have been no particular consequences or conflicts with other programs. At the end of the day, the stability is good.

It's working on all Window systems, so from this point of view there are no restrictions.

The guys are very responsive, even careful. Even though we did not ask particular questions, they asked us if we had any questions or issues. They invited us to tell them whether everything was okay. They also visited us onsite, to discuss and analyze our security.

This is a complementary solution, it was not intended to replace a particular solution.

The initial setup was quite simple, and then it was integrated with Microsoft's official deployment system. You don't have to go to any workstation to do the setup. It is automatic.

The deployment was done directly with Bitdefender.

It has been supporting the business' activity. That is the objective of a security solution, and to do so without incident, detecting and preventing whenever a threat arises. I can't say that this solution has increased business activity, because there is not a direct connection between business activity and the solution. However, the objective, enabling the business to do its job, has been achieved.

Security is like insurance. When you pay car insurance there is no return on your investment. You pay for the insurance because you need the car.

Licensing is done on a yearly basis and it's workstation-based. The actual price is confidential. There are no additional costs beyond the standard license.

yes - Symantec, Mcafee, Avast

What other advice do I have?

Take this solution into consideration. Evaluate it, analyze it, do a PoC, and then make a decision. Having this solution in your portfolio, or at least having analyzed it, is important.

We tested the antivirus part of the solution and the EDR, Endpoint Detection and Response. We have not yet tested social-for-clients, but we are interested in adopting this software. It should help with confidence, for ideal trust, which would be a good step forward in the market for protection of clients' terminal workstations.

I would rate the product at eight out ten. It is on the right track. It still needs the improvements I mentioned.

Senior Network Manager at Denis Enterprises
Reseller
It is very scalable; the sky is the limit
  • "The product is stable. It has a small footprint, but it does a lot of heavy lifting."
  • "The one thing that we are missing and want to see is user analytics. So, that is what I'm really interested in: behavior analytics and end user behavior."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for endpoint security.

How has it helped my organization?

It is so automated that it runs itself.

What is most valuable?

• Unified malware threat detection
  • Sandboxing
  • Firewall

These are all built into the product.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that we are missing and want to see is user analytics. So, that is what I'm really interested in: behavior analytics and end user behavior.

The product is stable. It has a small footprint, but it does a lot of heavy lifting.

It is very scalable; the sky is the limit.

The technical support is good. We use a third-party partner who deals directly with their technical support. I have never dealt directly with them.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It is a basic installation on the endpoint, which is all sucked up into the endpoint console, so you can get all your basic analytics right there.

We have seen ROI. We have seen a decrease by minutes in the mean time to detect or respond to threats.

The price is per license per endpoint. The price is different for everyone, but we find the price is cheap for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

Overall, it is lightweight. It does a lot of heavy lifting in a short, small package, which is what I like about it. It doesn't bring down the end user, like some of these endpoint security products, which really suck up resources from the end user. BitDefender doesn't, so that's important to me.

it_user678075 - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
A highly stable anti-malware product
  • "It is a good anti-malware product that is highly stable."
  • "In the future, maybe this will need to morph into AI threat intelligence."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this for anti-malware and we have good features to protect us against viruses and malware.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us the feature to block malware hashes. It has anti-phishing and ransomware vaccine.

What is most valuable?

The EDR feature is valuable. It helps us understand what is going on in our infrastructure. It provides a nice dashboard that gives us complete information of the status of the number of incident activities and we can also submit our file for the review.

What needs improvement?

In future, maybe this will need to provide cyber threat intelligence feeds which could help to have proper visibility of new security threats.

It is a stable product.

We are scaling out, to more branches of our organization. We will definitely be increasing our usability in the future.

They are responsive and provide you the solution with 24 hours (Depends on Time Zone).

Yes, I was using Trend Micro full suite. It didn't gave me advanced security features and it was quite difficult to manage. Secondly due to our bandwidth limitations we had to switch to cloud based solution with advanced security features.

The implementation was not that complex. We had a team that helps us implement it in-house. We downloaded the package, distributed it to our team and implemented it into our different branches. There are couple of other methods to distribute or install the package but we chose physical involvement of our team because of non technical staff in the branches and due to bandwidth limitation. We have more than 65 branches that received the package.

We implemented the solution by our in-house team. Vendor was available on call, they are product experts and very responsive.

The most important thing is pricing. Bitdefender is cost effective solution as compare to other competitors.

Yes, I tried to compare it with, ESET, Symantec, McAfee and Malwarebytes. Bitdefender won the race. Secondly they improving their features rapidly.

Junior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Facilitates per-project policies and restrictions, making it a flexible tool

What is most valuable?

• Device Control - You can choose what devices will be allowed or blocked, for example, internal storage, external Storage, CD-ROM, Bluetooth, etc.
  • Application blacklisting - You can define the specific path of the application and then allow or block. When set to block, users can no longer access the application you define.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved our organization because you can define specific policies per project. For example, when you have different projects in your company or organization and you want different restrictions for each of them, you can assign a policy depending on the project requirement.

What needs improvement?

I think the Application Control (different from application blacklisting) has room for improvement. When you define an application to block, for example applications with .exe file extension, and apply it to production, other .exe applications are also blocked automatically.

I've handled this product for nine months and it is easy to learn.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

I would rate the level of technical support at nine out of 10. Their support was very responsive to our inquiries and concerns.

We had a different solution, but still a Bitdefender product, their old version of security for business.

Initial setup was straightforward, we just needed the hardware and physical components in order to accomplish the setup.

The product is great and user friendly, you get value for money.

I do not know whether there were other antivirus product options from other vendors under consideration, since Bitdefender GravityZone was already established when I started with the company. We just migrated from an older product to a newer version of the product and reinstalled.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product 9 out of 10 because it is very user friendly. I haven't used any other antivirus software management so I cannot compare it to other products.

I highly recommend this product to other consumers, it has great monitoring and scheduled emails for generated reports. There is also monitoring of the viruses on the admin's Web Console.

it_user772518 - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Administrator
Easy management of the endpoint protection. Very simple to use, understand, and apply its policies

How has it helped my organization?

We do not have any problems with viruses, cryptolockers, or other harmful threats.

What is most valuable?

Easy management of the endpoint protection. In simple words, it is awesome, very simple to use, understand, and apply its policies. Another feature is traffic scan, which protects the endpoints of harmful websites. It has direct impact on security, the email traffic scan, which is the last layer of protection in the organization, and based on today's threats, a very good option.

What needs improvement?

One thing that could be improved is more granularity and options on exclusions. I have some difficulty in allowing executables that were deployed every time on different locations.

Also, more options for admin endpoints clients.

Two and a half years.

No issues. On this matter, it is absolutely awesome.

No issues. We started with 60 endpoints. Now, we are on 170 endpoints.

I would rate the technical support as an eight out of 10. More flexibility from the technical staff would be very good. For example, I have a company-owned private application that was detected by AV as MIDAS3 (meaning that the application permit dll injection). The process to exclude globally the application was to send them the app, test it, and if everything was okay to exclude the app. The problem is that the app accesses private company data. So, in this case, no luck.

Previously, I was using Kaspersky with no central management option. The main reasons we switched were:

1. Centralized Management
  2. No client interaction
  3. More points in detection of the current threats on various independent tests.
  4. The suspicions about Kaspersky working with Russia FSB.
  5. Bitdefender is a Romanian company, as is my company.

Very straightforward and easy, in the way of “Next, Next, Finished”. The only problem that I have encountered was with removing some of the other security software installed, where the Bitdefender installer did not always succeed in removing it.

In my opinion and based on interactions with other vendors, Bitdefender is the cheapest solution out there. The licensing is yearly-based.

Yes. Norton AntiVirus, ESET Antivirus, and AVG.

What other advice do I have?

Looking from an IT perspective, it is the best in industry endpoint protection software, if we are talking about Windows/Linux/mobile (Android).

Head of IT Department at a transportation company with 201-500 employees
It easily tracks all security events in the organization and does not affect the performance of the local computer

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are installation and configuration, simple deployment, then the administration of clients.

Installation and configuration are done in less than one hour, if you read the installation guide.

How has it helped my organization?

We chose the on-premise solution and this product protects our network very well. Bitdefender easily tracks all security events in our organization and does not affect the performance of the local computer.

What needs improvement?

• Antiphishing
  • Antispam
  • Module with network administration of computers

Two years.

Not yet.

Not yet.

Technical support is a nine out of 10.

Sophos, Trend Micro, and Kaspersky.

All of them are good products, but currently, Bitdefender offers everything we need.

It was quite easy, but I already had good, prior experience.

The price is fairly affordable, and the licensing quite easy.

Yes, Trend Micro and Malwarebytes.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend implementing Bitdefender GravityZone on-premise. All the best.

Dan Gospe - PeerSpot reviewer
Dan GospeChief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer at dmi Networking
LeaderboardReal User

We love Bit Defender for the same reason. Super easy to set up, and easy profile management

Download our free Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022