Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is #9 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is most commonly compared to SentinelOne: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra vs SentinelOne. Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 43% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 26% of all views.
Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide

Download the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra?

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is an endpoint security solution that offers protection against even the most elusive cyber threats. The solution provides a full range of security capabilities, including threat detection, pre- and post- compromise visibility, alert triage, automatic response, advanced search, investigation, and more. It is designed with a single agent/single consoler architecture, is cloud-native, and also supports on-premises deployments.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Features

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Extended endpoint detection and response: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra applies XDR capabilities to detect advanced attacks across multiple endpoints in hybrid infrastructures, including workstations, servers, or containers running various operating systems.
  • Integrated human and endpoint risk analytics: The Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra solution continuously identifies user actions and behaviors that may pose a security risk to your organization, such as using unencrypted web pages for logging into websites, usage of compromised USBs, poor password management, recurrent infections, and more.
  • Layered defense: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra offers highly effective layered protection to protect against threats by using signatureless technologies like advanced local and cloud machine learning, behavior analysis technologies, and integrated sandbox and device hardening.
  • Low overhead incident investigation and response: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra allows incident response teams to react fast and stop ongoing attacks via fast alerts, attack timelines, and sandbox outputs.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Next-gen prevention and detection: The solution uses advanced prevention capabilities such as PowerShell Defense, Exploit Defense, and Anomaly Detection to block attacks earlier in the attack chain (at pre-execution) so your security posture remains intact and safe. Once an active threat is detected, automatic response kicks in to block further damage or lateral movements.
  • Cross platform coverage: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra covers all enterprise endpoints, running Windows, Linux, or Mac in physical, virtualized, or cloud infrastructures, ensuring consistent security across your entire infrastructure.
  • Third-party integration APIs: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra supports integration with pre-existing security operations tools.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra solution.

Robert N., CEO at CSToday, says, “We like the dashboard, the console, the reporting. It's very easy to deploy. It has great security with excellent standard policies and is extremely stable.”

PeerSpot user David A., Cybersecurity Analyst & System Engineer at Compucare Systems Inc., mentions, "The best feature for our customers is the ransomware feature. It is very fresh and powerful. Bitdefender also has a feature called Ransomware Vaccine. With this feature, when a file from the ransomware is encrypted Bitdefender can revert it back to the original file. It automatically decrypts the file and puts the ransom in quarantine."

Troy F., Managing Director at TEPSA (Pty) Ltd., comments, “The valuable features are, of course, the protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software, but the solution also provides application and device control which stops people copying things onto a memory stick, for example. In addition, it provides web filtering and blocking of inappropriate websites. The product covers pretty much every aspect of cyber security, but the primary function that everybody gets it for is the anti malware or antivirus protection.”

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra was previously known as Bitdefender GravityZone.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Customers

Mentor Graphics, Rudersdal Kommune

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Video

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra pricing:
  • "Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is less expensive than other solutions, such as CrowdStrike. We had a really good deal because it was their year-end and they were trying to do a lot of sales that week. We bought a three-year contract from them and the cost was approximately $17 per endpoint, per year. It is was a very good price. I have spoken to other people who have purchased CrowdStrike at approximately $60 per endpoint, per year. I have no complaints about the price of this solution."
  • "The pricing is competitive."
  • "Each endpoint device we purchased came with its own license."
  • Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Reviews

Robert Nevans - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at CSToday
    Great security with excellent standard policies and extremely stable
    • "We like the dashboard, the console, the reporting. It's very easy to deploy."
    • "For many, the problems come mostly when they start tweaking or short-cutting - particularly for patch management."

What is our primary use case?

We deploy GravityZone endpoint protection from the admin to every in-office machine, every utility machine, and then to each work-from-home machine that that attorney or paralegal uses when COVID-19 gets bad. There is a weekly centralized review. There is also response to alerts.

The solution is basically a firewall, antivirus, and anti-malware. It's got a heuristic module. It takes a lot of the same core technology that you see in GravityZone, however, with a decidedly more consumer-friendly face.

How has it helped my organization?

In an office building, there may be other firms on the same floor. In a couple of instances,  an attorney was trying to get a PDF uploaded to the court, or at least that's what he thought he was trying to do. It wouldn't work on his machine so he took it over to his partner's machine. It was a small firm, three attorneys. It wouldn't work on that one. So he took it to his partner's paralegal, and it wouldn't work on that one.

He brought it over to a paralegal from one of my clients, and it immediately detected it as malware and blocked it. That was a vanilla out-of-the-box scan from GravityZone. What's notable about this is the malware was pretty serious and it ended up ransomwaring both of those other firms even though they notified their IT people who went in and attempted remediation. They didn't catch it. We like that because this isn't just defending against network-based attacks, it's successfully defending against everything else.

What is most valuable?

The solution has better UI and better UX tools.

The standard policies are pretty good, right out of the box. We seldom have to tweak them. We have never had to make, and I'm speaking across probably 14 law firms in 2020, we've never had to attenuate for a specific device case like a scanner or a particular piece of software. On three occasions it did block some software paralegals were trying to install, which turned out to be malicious.

We like the dashboard, the console, the reporting. It's very easy to deploy.

We're pretty strong on GravityZone. We have had zero penetrations across our entire client base.

What needs improvement?

We don't deal with very large organizations. We stay as far away from active directory and combined network typologies, as much as we possibly can. The way I explain it is we don't build our houses out of straw, we don't build our houses out of wood. Each user machine that piggybacks builds a stone house.

We've cloud migrated everybody, however, it did not happen generically. We've used Google Enterprise or Box Enterprise, so good stuff. AES-256 at rest and AES-128 in transit. We only do scans on GravityZone covered machines via our contemporary APIs. We close every hole we can find. With people who still have servers, whether they're physical or virtual or cloud, and they're still active directory, and they're still 100% Microsoft shops, I've heard them complain. However, I don't care as it doesn't affect any of my clients.

For many, the problems come mostly when they start tweaking or short-cutting - particularly for patch management. A lot of admins will tend to bundle work that we don't think should be bundled, however, they tend to due to the fact that they're underfunded and undermanned. They've got to get all the patches up. They've got to get all the updates done. Therefore, they tend to tweak group policies associated with the active directory. Some of those customizations can create potential security holes.

GravityZone is the only one with the heuristic model, the simulator. We've seen where a thing may pass the script desk, it may pass the node and snippet test, however, it fails the heuristic test. That's where it launches a virtual machine in the high memory and lets the thing do whatever it's going to do, and then looks for where it goes. Of course, a lot of these things then go to the approval area as that's what the admin intended. However, then they get into a bit of a problem with GravityZone as it doesn't want them to do that. GravityZone works fine if you follow best practices in the other areas of your deployments. If you're kind of cheating or cutting corners, GravityZone isn't going to be mean to you, however, it may give you grief.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used the solution as a consumer on behalf of clients. I've been dealing with the solution for four or five years at this point.

The solution is extremely stable. Nothing that I work with is as stable as this product. For example, aside from its default group policies and actions being robust and its very adroit awareness of 'allowable' (you can't get a Kyocera auto-update if you don't have a Kyocera), we log less than one issue per year per client for Gravity Zone.

The technical support is amazing. It's pretty much instantaneous. We've very satisfied with the level of service we are provided.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

We create a package depending on the level of sophistication of the user. The average law firm will have three packages. A low-end package, attorney, because attorneys are actually the least significant player in a law firm. They're the least informed. They're the least aware technologically. Then there are the standard paralegals and then advanced technical paralegals. We want to give more power to the advanced technical paralegals. Prior to COVID, we would typically create two or three distribution points, but with all the work from home, we quickly observed it was unnecessary.

For example, let's say you've got 22 users in an office. You can create two or three distribution points in your configuration of the GravityZone download package. Then, those three distribution points, which are serverless and have no central authority, will capture the updates and distribute those to the other machines. That worked fine pre COVID. Post COVID, with everybody at home, fully 40% of the workforce at home, that creates an unnecessary burden. That's why we've suspended that.

We're using the UI you configure for whether the users are on a Win 64 machine or a Mac, and sometimes Linux. We build the package, send the package, install the package. When we put GravityZone on a machine we're building for deployment. It's all very quick and smooth.

When we're putting GravityZone on a work from home, typically it's a home laptop that has got a lot of stuff on it that isn't necessary. GravityZone installs in three phases. Phase one is a scan, a comprehensive scan. Phase two looks for offending software that is incompatible, such as McAfee. In home deployments, we very often watch it go through and have to unroot junkware. Sometimes that will take intervention on our part.

Although I can't speak to exact costs, in our experience, not only is it much more effective,  it also never costs more, and sometimes costs less than competitors.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is targeted for the consumer community, however, I've seen it deployed a lot this year from all the work from home attorneys and paralegals and such.

I would advise those seriously considering the solution to go for the three-year contract as it'll save you money. If you're changing protection more often than every three years, then you're not really paying attention.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

We have problems with Word, we have problems with Google, we have problems with Google Drive, we have some problems with the Box API, we have lots of problems with all IFTTT. However, we never really have problems with GravityZone.

Director, Information Technology at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Frequent updates, plenty of features, and effective threat avoidance
    • "What I have found to be valuable is after every new release of the solution there are more features. At the time that we bought Bitdefender GravityZone, it was their top solution. We went from their Enterprise version to Elite, Elite HD, Ultra, and now there is an Ultra Plus available."
    • "I have not had used the EDR portion of the solution to do any custom scripting to allow further advanced operations on the endpoints. From what I understand from reading the comments on reviews is that it is not particularly flexible in this regard."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for advanced protection against threats for our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

What I have found to be valuable is after every new release of the solution there are more features. At the time that we bought Bitdefender GravityZone, it was their top solution. We went from their Enterprise version to Elite, Elite HD, Ultra, and now there is an Ultra Plus available.

Overall the solution is working well, it can be a little intense and thorough at times, but I would rather have it be a little bit more thorough than not detect what it is supposed to. We have been running the solution for a long time through various versions and we have not had any viruses or malware breaches.

When comparing this solution to others it performs just as well as the majority of the top-level alternatives.

What needs improvement?

The whole suite is unlike most AV consoles, which will inform you when there is an infection or threat, for some inexplicable reason Bitdefender does not do that. The most you will receive is an hourly update or possibly if there is an outbreak that affects 30% of your machines, an email. There is no real-time alerting to inform the user there was a potential attack that recently happened on their system. They could improve by having real-time reporting which is important.

I have not had used the EDR portion of the solution to do any custom scripting to allow further advanced operations on the endpoints. From what I understand from reading the comments on reviews is that it is not particularly flexible in this regard.

Sandbox Analyzer is a feature that comes as part of the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Suite. It will start automatically unless you want to manually submit something which I have rarely done. When the feature is in use I do not get a reading back from the analyzer right away, it lacks real-time functionality. For example, if I was executing an admin tool and it was blocked because the Sandbox Analyzer wants to look at it on my local machine, it might take 10 minutes before I can successfully then launch that application to use it. The time it takes to analyze the software is too long. We are busy people and we end up just turning off the detection to allow the use of the program.

I have been using the solution for approximately five years.

Bitdefender has been stable and reliable, there are a few key areas I always look for in an endpoint security platform. A few of them are, how much burden does it put on the endpoint, does it uses more than 10% of the system resources in order to function. If it does not then it is a pretty well-balanced client, it allows the systems to continue to perform at the appropriate level. If it catches a very high percentage of threats, it is doing what you bought it to do, and it does not give off a lot of false positives. However, in the EDR portion, you will receive more false positives, but outside of the EDR component with the client itself, if it has few false positives for viruses and malware detection that is good.

They have done a decent job with scalability. The way they have their policies constructed and the ability to manage them.

I think that the biggest challenge for Bitdefender is simply to move out of the SMB space and really become an enterprise platform.

I have been in contact with technical support a few times. They are not the worst or the best. They provide an average quality level of support.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra technical support a seven out of ten.

We previously used Sophos and I recall, Sophos released an update for the AV software that destroyed the AV software on every endpoint that ingested it. It was a huge debacle and it took a long time to resolve because it left the solution in a state where you could not repair it, remove it, or update it.

The installation is straightforward, simple to understand and manage.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is less expensive than other solutions, such as CrowdStrike. We had a really good deal because it was their year-end and they were trying to do a lot of sales that week. We bought a three-year contract from them and the cost was approximately $17 per endpoint, per year. It is was a very good price. I have spoken to other people who have purchased CrowdStrike at approximately $60 per endpoint, per year. I have no complaints about the price of this solution.

I put a lot of weight on third-party benchmark reviews and Bitdefender always reviews well overall on the spectrum. They review better even when compared to NSS Labs, MITRE, AV-Comparatives, and others. Bitdefender and Kaspersky both typically are the two solutions that are at the top month after month. There are the new technology solutions that are raved about often, such as SentinelOne, Cylance, and CrowdStrike, but they seldom review as well when it comes to defined tests where they test X amount of malware or types of attacks. It has been much harder to get independent confirmation of the efficacy of the new next-generation endpoint solutions than it has been to get the efficacy of the old generation products.

I am currently evaluating CrowdStrike and we considering moving to it once our Bitdefender contract is done.

What other advice do I have?

For those wanting to implement this solution, I would advise them it is worth it and to test it out.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra a nine out of ten.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra
    September 2022
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SimonClark - PeerSpot reviewer
    Cyber Security Advisor - Director at Fort Net UK
    MSP/MSSP
    High-quality threat intelligence, including encryption and mobile device protection
    • "The nice thing about Bitdefender is that it has modules and layers that you can add as the requirement becomes more sophisticated and dangerous or threatening."
    • "The one thing I'd say about their complete MDR product is that it's too expensive, which is why I prefer to use an alternative SOC and integrate Bitdefender to a different SOC on their own."

What is our primary use case?

We offer Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra to our clients. GravityZone Ultra has features such as encryption. I can do anything from their simple core, which is just antivirus, to their complete MDR product if necessary. However, what I usually do is install core plus ATS with encryption and then integrate that with the SOC service so that you only have to look at the SOC interface to monitor the Bitdefender logs. Essentially, it streamlines the SOC.

It's a product from EDR. We are monitoring endpoints for malicious code. It's a basic antivirus. We are also looking for day-zero attacks and for anomalous behavior as well. That's it, ostensibly.

What is most valuable?

It's a very comprehensive product. I like the fact that Bitdefender is used by about 38% or more, of other security vendors is another type of tick box that lends credibility.

What needs improvement?

If we're simply looking at endpoint monitoring, I think the problem is that your basic antivirus, your standard anti-virus, is woefully inadequate.

If you think about small to medium-sized enterprises, my concern is that if they ask for guidance, they'll be told to turn on antivirus. They'd presumably get McAfee or Norton or something similar as an antivirus program. Then they'll probably be told to turn on their Microsoft Defender firewall and not do much else. That is a very dangerous position to be in, because, as we all know, phishing attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated. They get past people's perimeter defenses, and the staff is deceived into clicking on them, putting them in danger. There are numerous techniques to consider.

Small businesses can get a complete security package from me. It has six layers of security, including Bitdefender's antivirus and encryption, as well as interaction with a security operations center. There are more levels to it, but those three are critical since most antivirus programs, even those from businesses like Sophos and McAfee, and less so from Symantec, appear to have changed who they want to market to at the present.

All of those firms are dreadfully short, whereas Bitdefender if you look at the marketing and blogs and technical stuff that Bitdefender releases on a daily basis, is far superior. Bitdefender is producing extremely high-quality threat intelligence. And if you look at Gartner's right-hand side of the Quadrant, Bitdefender is currently rated as their best endpoint security product, according to Gartner.

More integrations are always beneficial.

I have been dealing with Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra for two years.

It could be either cloud or on-premises. In fact, I just sold a Bitdefender solution that includes protection for their mobile devices. As a result, Bitdefender for their workstation is cloud-based. Bitdefender for their mobile must be an on-premise device appliance.

Bitdefender's stability has never been an issue for me. That's not to suggest other companies haven't had issues, but I haven't had any.

In terms of scalability, I've installed it on companies as small as two people and as large as hundreds of people. In my opinion, it scales perfectly well. The nice thing about Bitdefender is that it has modules and layers that you can add as the requirement becomes more sophisticated and dangerous or threatening.

We handle the majority of tech support. I have firsthand knowledge of it. They're responsive, intelligent, and generally good.

I have prior experience with the Cisco Secure Endpoint product, that's true, but it's a little rusty. I previously worked for Cisco. I'm familiar with AMP and AnyConnect, as well as their various solutions. However, it is most likely out of date.

I deal with numerous other vendors, Bitdefender in particular, but also with certain other managed service providers that offer entire solutions. In addition, I offer a managed secured operation center service to my clients. Within my experience, I have my own service as well as merchandise from other suppliers.

Its implementation is straightforward. It's very simple. I'm going through a setup at the moment, although, I am not the technical guy who does it, I know the feedback is that it's very simple.

I'm installing it on about 250 endpoints for a company, and I expect it to be available in two days.

The pricing is competitive.

I offer it in two forms. I either sell it as an annual license, which is fine if consumers want it that way, or as a managed service.

I can purchase a Bitdefender license as a managed service, which allows me to take responsibility for monitoring and maintaining it on behalf of my clients. They have both models at their disposal.

They have a choice in terms of licensing fees. They can purchase it as a managed service on a monthly subscription basis, or they can purchase an annual or three-year contract, as I do. It makes sense. When you sign a three-year contract, the price drops, and it doesn't make sense to replace an end-point solution every 12 months. It's a great deal if you buy it through me.

What other advice do I have?

Yes, I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra a ten out of ten.

Troy Ferraris - PeerSpot reviewer
    Managing Director at TEPSA (Pty) Ltd
    Reseller
    The best protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software
    • "Great protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software."
    • "Occasionally websites are unnecessarily blocked due to monitoring software on those sites."

What is our primary use case?

We provide this solution for anyone from a single user at home wanting to protect their PC, right up to large banking institutions with thousands of users. It's all about protecting computers from malware, ransomware, viruses, and the like. We are in partnership with Bitdefender and we're distributors of the product, functioning as a managed service provider. I'm the managing director of the company.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are, of course, the protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software, but the solution also provides application and device control which stops people copying things onto a memory stick, for example. In addition, it provides web filtering and blocking of inappropriate websites. The product covers pretty much every aspect of cyber security, but the primary function that everybody gets it for is the antimalware or antivirus protection.

The product is solid, it's why we chose to distribute it, we're very particular about the products we distribute and only take the best, so we don't distribute Symantec or any other AV solutions. It's value for money. There are some competing antiviruses out there which are at least as powerful. Products like Sophos, but they're about three times the price. The cheaper products, such as  ESET NOD32, for instance, are more suitable for individual use. Bitdefender is a user friendly and intuitive solution but we also have a team that provides support for our customers.

What needs improvement?

The only issue an end user might have is in the case where a website has some kind of monitoring software included, where they want to track use, and it might unnecessarily block the site for the user. In that event, the user would contact us and we can 'white list' the site for them enabling them to use it.

I've been working with this solution for three years.

It's very stable, it's not going to slow your machine down, it's not going to create instabilities, like programs not working, things like that. We very rarely have issues where a customer has a problem on a PC caused by the antivirus.

The beauty of being in the cloud is that it's completely scalable, and it's completely transparent. You can install it on one machine or on 100,000 machines. We have thousands of users with a single user or two user license, but we also have large organizations with 3,500 or 11,000 users. It's completely scalable, you don't have to change a thing, you just deploy to more machines, and it takes care of everything in the back end.

We carry out all the support on behalf of the company. There are five short, simple videos that explain step by step how to deploy. If somebody wants to do everything themselves and they don't want assistance from us, we simply send them the videos, and it's quite easy. We have online documentation as well, of course.

We used to use iSheriff and Panda Antivirus but things change in the market, as the threat changes. As a distributor, if we see a product is starting to change focus and move away from an antivirus focus, like Panda did, we let them go. If we are changing products we institute a migration plan for our customers and we carry out the transition for them.

It's extremely simple to deploy. When we receive an order from a customer, we go in and provision everything. We create the packages, we set the default settings, we do everything in the background. It takes approximately 15 minutes. Then the user gets a link where they download the installation, and they run it and click 'next' about three times and the entire installation takes care of itself.

Everything is included in the licensing, unless you want to add additional solutions such as Full Disk encryption. It's an additional plugin that can be managed from the same console. We are the only company in South Africa able to provide Bitdefender on a monthly billing basis. With any other company, you'd have to buy it annually. About 50% of our customers are annual, 50% of them are monthly. It means that as your staff increases or your staff decreases, your bill will increase or decrease on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

At the end of the day, it's important to choose a solid product and GravityZone's done that. Once you pass the hurdle of selecting the proper product, it's important to select the right partner who's going to be implementing, and can support you. You can buy a solution online but you get zero support. Buy locally, choose the right partner you know is going to look after you. Don't go to some computer shop in the mall, and go and buy the antivirus, because you're not going to get the support that you require. If it costs 5% more, it's worth it.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Cyprian Oyiengo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of Implementation and Security at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
    One of the best integrator solution with good technical support
    • "We have had no issues with the support and consider it to be good, even when it comes to accredited resellers."
    • "The installation is not straightforward and should be easier to do."

What is our primary use case?

The solution suits the needs of our business model.

What needs improvement?

The URL filtering features should be addressed.

The installation capabilities should be improved, especially when new updates come out. Sometimes, installation requires one to get to the level of having to install the agents. The installation is not straightforward and should be easier to do.

We have been using Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra for over a year.

We find the rollout to be stable.

The solution is scalable.

As we keep on expanding and opening new businesses, we have definite plans to increase the usage within the coming year.

We have made use of technical support and I believe this is something one wishes to experience as time goes by.

The installation capabilities should be improved, especially when new updates come out. Sometimes, installation requires one to get to the level of having to install the agents. The installation is not straightforward and should be easier to do.

The process lasted three or four minutes.

The installation can be done on one's own or with the help of a technical team. We have a team that handles this.

We did this at the group level and manage different entities. There are so many factors that are involved in the installation. We must account for the number of endpoint devices that we're working with, their geographical coverage, the time involved, and the network experience website. In cases where we face obstacles on the network, the downloading of the agents prior to the commencement of the installation is quite time consuming.

Each endpoint device we purchased came with its own license.

Our subscription is yearly.

We did evaluate other options and found that they provide good antivirus solutions. However, we felt the added functionality of Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra to suit our business model well. Our business model does not allow us to invest in other, unified, solutions when it comes to other aspects of security. This is because of how the business model is and how the other branches are set up.

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the overall updates that are introduced and they continue to do so on their central panel, especially on the reporting side. My hope is that they continue with this trend.

The solution is cloud-based.

If I'm doing a cumulative account of all the business entities within our group, I would say that there are 5,000 people making use of the solution.

I consider Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra to be one of the best integrator solutions. We have never faced challenges when it comes to support. We are talking about a very good solution which works for both small and large enterprises. This is an antivirus solution which truly invested in centralized management, something which allows one to centrally manage his policies and do monitoring irrespective of where the endpoint devices are located.

We have been interacting with different resellers in disparate entities, something which is influenced by the time one buys and the geographical location and which is done to avoid tax issues both here and there. I believe this is something we will look to consolidate in the near future.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra as a nine out of ten.

Manager, Information Security at Hyundai Capital America
    Zero false positives with 100% reliable solution
    • "With Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we don't have to worry about our endpoints or attacks. Our security has become stronger. This has been a reliable solution for our company."
    • "The graphical user interface for EDR could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is prevention, rather than just detections. The solution prevented most APT (advanced persistent threat) attacks at pre-execution stage.

How has it helped my organization?

With Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we don't have to worry about our endpoints or attacks. The endpoint security was always a concern for our company the previous solutions missed detections and prevention, The solution prevented all types of file less and scripts based attacks using its Machine learning and tunable machine learning which is additional layer on top of machine learning, behavior based detection and 30 layers of protection that Bitdefender has to offer at no additional cost.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find the most valuable the heuristic for malicious scripts and the component is called HyperDetect. This solution actually prevents file-less and script-based attacks at pre-execution where other solution such as Crowdstrike detects but not prevent. An example would be base 64 encoded Powershell script or command line .  With Bitdefender gravity zone ultra scripts are run into agent buffer before it execute to detect and block malicious script weather it is Powershell ,vbs , etc.

What needs improvement?

The EDR Graphical user interface has improved over the time and is intuitive and less noisy as compared to other solution. I would call the EDR as Next-Gen in it space. It has perfect mapping to Mitre Att&ck framework no other solution is has a rich EDR like Gravity zone ultra.

I have been using this Solution for more than 4 years

Bitdefender Gravityzone Ultra is 100% reliable.

It is highly scalable. It's cloud-based and you can deploy to thousands of machines with no issues. You can scale it as demand increases without any issues.

If you're going to scale, you will have to buy more licenses, which can take a few days.

I think there is room for improvement for technical support. Although they've been great, honestly, I do see a language barrier sometimes. I ran into a few issues with technical support. But, if you escalate your issue, you will eventually get the right person.

Before switching to Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we were using Trend Micro OfficeScan version XG.

The initial setup was not complicated. We were up and running within a day. It's all cloud-based and the deployment agent is easily deployed. The agent can be deployed from the console it self , using email download link , the agent can also be customize to needs , and had active directory integration.

The Bitdefender sales team is always willing to negotiate pricing and beat the deal from other vendors. They are highly competitive and eager to work with make pricing and licensing as smooth as possible.

Yes, before switching, we did evaluate several other options. We were looking for an exhibition product. So, we demoed a lot of different production cleaning solutions like VMware Carbon Black Cloud and CrowdStrike. Both were able to detect attacks but not prevent them, which was what we were looking for.

What other advice do I have?

Perfect solution , Please Test, Test and Test solution before buying, there is a lot of hype for Crowdstrike and other competitors but no one is even close to the prevention that Bitdefender gravity zone ulrta  could provide.

Manny Singh Lubana - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manny Singh LubanaManager, Information Security at Hyundai Capital America

Great Solution !!

Commercial Manager at Ingecom
    Reseller
    Easy to deploy with good protection capabilities and lots of features
    • "It's easy to deploy."
    • "Technical support could be faster and more responsive."

What is our primary use case?

We don't have a specific use case for the product. We offer it to our clients.

It's basically used to protect endpoints and servers.

What is most valuable?

It protects almost everything the client needs. It depends on the client how they use it, however, the security is very good.

It's easy to sell. If we speak about the parts, the product is easy to sell.

Compared to other products, it's more complete. It has a lot of features.

It's easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall coming across an area that is lacking.

Technical support could be faster and more responsive.

The cost is a bit high.

We've been working with the solution for four years.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. Our clients have been satisfied with the performance.

The solution is best suited for small or medium-sized organizations. While it's good for all the companies, it is easier to sell to small and medium companies than to bigger companies. Bigger companies, develop software, develop use cases, develop everything. It's more time involved when you deal with larger organizations and their more complex setups.

For the most part, it is easy to scale.

I've dealt with support several times. In some cases, when the cases are more complicated, it takes too much time to resolve a problem. It would be better if we could just call someone. Right now, we have to email back and forth. If they don't understand what your message is then it's more back and forth. A phone call would be faster. We've had a few cases that were not easy to resolve and there were just too many emails to deal with.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We have used EDR solutions with other vendors. Their prices are usually too high in comparison.

It's very easy to set up. It's not overly complex or difficult.

It's simple to deploy and you can really control every aspect. It's a good product to work with. I'm not sure, however, the exact amount of time it takes to deploy the product. I'm not usually directly involved.

I'd rate it five out of five in terms of the ease of implementation.

Our clients tell us they don't have any maintenance to worry about.

We do provide implementation services to our clients.

The pricing is expensive. I'd rate t a three out of five in terms of availability. However, some products have fewer features.

The cost is negotiable.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a distributor.

Every time there's an update, we present it to all our partners and to our clients. We tend to work with the latest version.

I'd advise anyone to try the product. Try a demo and see how it works and how it might work for your organization. It's quite a good solution.

I'd rate the product eight out of ten.

Internal IT manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Easy to set up, stable, and reasonably priced
    • "The advanced direct control on offer is excellent."
    • "The only problem we have, and I don't know if maybe it's the package we bought, is that it lacks the parts of data protection and application blacklisting."

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for endpoint protection. We use it for security.

What is most valuable?

There's really not any issue with it, so far.

I like the firewall part of it.

The advanced direct control on offer is excellent.

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution is stable.

The product is pretty scalable.

I've found the pricing of the product to be reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The only problem we have, and I don't know if maybe it's the package we bought, is that it lacks the parts of data protection and application blacklisting. I don't think we have that option on this package. Apart from that, we've been using it and we've been seeing the reports. We've had no issues so far. We're just missing the blacklisting and data protection features.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance is good.

We have 35 people in our company that are using the solution currently.

The solution can scale. It scales easily. Initially, we started with 30 users and then when we had new other staff that joined. Easy to scale and add others.

I've not really had any issues, and therefore I've not really spoken with any support in regards to our system.

I've worked with Sophos previously.

We also previously used Symantec, which is the product we had before Bitdefender.

The setup is not complex. It was simple. We didn't have an issue. It was easily deployed.

That said, I cannot recall exactly how long the deployment took.

The solution doesn't require any real maintenance. Usually, whenever there are any changes or outages you get notifications for them. I also receive a notification whenever there's maybe a system that's trying to make an attempt to do something different on our network so we can activate the device and protect ourselves.

We have two administrators that can handle any tasks related to the product.

We installed it ourselves. We just bought the license. We did not need a third-party integrator or consultant to assist us.

Compared to Symantec, which we were using before we switched to Bitdefender, Bitdefender was cheaper. The pricing is reasonable. Everything is included in the price and we do not have any additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

I would recommend the product as it's easy to deploy and it's not as heavy as Symantec. We found that the product was consuming so many processes in our system. This is light, so it's easy to configure. It's easier to deal with and I'd recommend it based on that.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

Other
    Download our free Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022