Things to be kept in mind for identifying a relevant RPA use case:
- Start small and be realistic
Identify process that is:
- Highly manual
- Too many FTEs required
- Information intensive activity
- Copying, pasting and validating data between systems, portals, application, pdf/excel files etc.
- Rigorous keystrokes and mouse clicks
- Hopping between applications
- Any mind-numbing office task that kills time and energy
- Focus on generating benefits early
Criteria for selecting an eligible RPA process
Use Automation Frameworks to Calculate Automatability Index, Complexities & Business Impact
RPA Process Complexity Matrix ( High-Level)
RPA Process Size & Efforts Matrix (* this may vary Org to Org)
I hope this information is useful for all of those who have recently ventured into the RPA space. Please let me know if you have any doubts/suggestions on the topic.