Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Zoho Recruit OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zoho Recruit is #1 ranked solution in top Video Interviewing Software and #4 ranked solution in best Applicant Tracking Systems. PeerSpot users give Zoho Recruit an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Zoho Recruit is most commonly compared to SmartRecruiters: Zoho Recruit vs SmartRecruiters.
Zoho Recruit Buyer's Guide

Download the Zoho Recruit Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Zoho Recruit?

Zoho Recruit is both powerful recruiting software and a cutting-edge applicant tracking system that streamlines your hiring process. Source best talent faster, track resumes and interviews efficiently, and never miss on a great hire.

Zoho Recruit Customers

Manning Global, Hadfield Education, GEP, Scientific Games, International School of London - Qatar, IIM - Ahemadabad, Change.org

Zoho Recruit Video

Zoho Recruit Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zoho Recruit pricing:
  • "In terms of cost, Zoho is by far the most reasonable for what you're getting. You get the option of monthly or yearly price. It is one cost per person for a license, and it is reasonable. My solutions are $50 per person per month."
  • "It is in the middle price range. Everything is included in the price."
  • Zoho Recruit Reviews

Clinton Powell - PeerSpot reviewer
    Recruitment Lead at Muse Consultancy Services
    Good customization and security, outstanding support, and reasonable cost
    • "The customization feature is the most valuable. I can add candidates to the system without having to go into it manually. I can look at a LinkedIn or PNet profile and literally right-click on it and pass that candidate into my database almost completely. It is 100% accurate for 90% of the time. It also has good security. I can't log in without a fingerprint. To log in, I have to give a fingerprint on my smartphone."
    • "It lacks the functionality for finalizing the process when a successful placement is made. There is no invoicing. It is missing the functionality for setting the placement and a start date. I do permanent placements as well as contractors, but it is not really geared towards contractors. So, I have to have a separate solution to manage contractors, timesheets, and things like that. It is just a bit of a pain. It is not as simple as some of the competitors, but it is far more able. There is a lot more to it, and it does a lot more than what any of the competitors currently do, which makes it a little bit more complicated to use, but it is easy enough. None of my staff have any issues. In all such solutions, you have to feed more than what they give you. It is a database at the end of the day, and I would like it to give me things. I would like to load a lead or get someone to just load leads all day, and I would like it to come back to me and say, "There's this position that you've loaded, and these candidates match. Can I send it?" I'd like it to be a little bit more proactive and feed me as much information as I feed it."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a recruiter, and my whole company runs on Zoho Recruit. We use it completely from beginning to end, and the full cycle of recruitment happens in Zoho Recruit.

It is an online tool, and we completely use it online. We are using the Professional version.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is that my clients get candidates quicker from me. There is a portal for clients and candidates, and I can customize it. My clients are able to log in and kind of rate, comment, and approve or reject people they've seen for interviews. The resumes of the candidates are up, and the clients can reject or approve submitted resumes on their own. They can go and have a look at the history of a candidate. They've got access to all this.

What is most valuable?

The customization and automation features are the most valuable. for instance I am able to add candidates to the system in many different ways - Directly with a click from social media sites or job boards, from within outlook or Gmail, my career pages, LinkedIn, Facebook. I can upload zip files containing thousands of CV's, or import data from csv files or backups.  There are browser plugins for almost any use case ad if not you have access to write your own application and integrate that into zho recruit.

It also has good security, mine is setup so that I can't log in without scanning my fingerprint on my smartphone.

What needs improvement?

It lacks the functionality for finalizing the process when a successful placement is made. There is no invoicing. It is missing the functionality for setting the placement and a start date.

In all such solutions, you have to feed more than what they give you. It is a database at the end of the day, and I would like it to give me things. I would like to load a lead or get someone to just load leads all day, and I would like it to come back to me and say, "There's this position that you've loaded, and these candidates match. Can I send it?" I'd like it to be a little bit more proactive and feed me as much information as I feed it.

Zoho Recruit
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Zoho Recruit. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable.

I'm able to upload thousands. I can do thousands of candidates at a time. If I've got multiple CVs, I can put 200 CVs in a Zip file, and I can upload them all at once, and it passes them all and puts them in the database. I don't think there are limits in terms of scalability.

There are five users at the moment. We all do recruitment except for our MD, who kind of uses it to manage, control, or get a bird's eye view of what's happening. We use it from beginning to end. When we look for a candidate, we first look in Zoho Recruit. If the candidate is not on Zoho, we put it on Zoho, and we entirely manage that candidate's placement from Zoho.

Their technical support is outstanding. Zoho's got something like 50 million customers. I've never had to phone them. I email them, and the same day, without fail and 100% of the time, I get a response and a resolution. I've got five users, and they all are very impressed.

It is a start-up, so we started from scratch, but before that, I've used many solutions. I've been doing this for 15 years, so I've used multiple solutions, such as Placement Partner and Bullhorn. I've also picked up and demoed just about all of them.

Zoho is by far the most comprehensive, and it does all the bits and pieces. There's no one solution that can do 100% of it. Zoho is as close to it as possible. Bullhorn is great, but it's not customizable at all. Any changes that you want to make or customization you want to make, they have to do them for you, whereas Zoho has got APIs. You can literally write the program and connect it.

It is straightforward. I haven't had to get any customization. It is literally just going online and configuring it a bit to be personalized or customized to your business. It is off-the-shelf. You put your logos and things like that.

We were a startup at the time, so I didn't have to move from an existing system. We started from scratch. There was no real deployment. We just had to get in and do it. I did it all myself. It was up and running completely within a month. I had set up the recruitment, workflows, templates, and emails for the entire company. It does everything. My emails go to it. Within a month, I had everybody trained and running a new system, working with it, and doing recruitment on the system.

I have seen ROI from using this solution. Being a small start-up agency, I don't have to employ a typist. I don't have to employ an administrator. I don't have to employ somebody to manage the process. I manage people, and I don't have to manage the process.

In terms of cost, Zoho is by far the most reasonable for what you're getting. You get the option of monthly or yearly price. It is one cost per person for a license, and it is reasonable. My solutions are $50 per person per month.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. I would advise others to try and keep it as standard as possible. Keep it simple, and try to make as few customizations as possible. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that you can't do this business without one.

I would rate Zoho Recruit an eight out of ten.

Recruiter at a recruiting/HR firm with 1-10 employees
    Great support with good stability and fair pricing
    • "The pricing seems to be very reasonable."
    • "There's a bit of a learning curve."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily used the solution for finding candidates or finding clients. Basically, I just used it as a normal CRM.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution improved my organization the way any CRM solution does. It helped organize everything.

What is most valuable?

What I liked about it, was mostly the support you could get. If you had some issues, you'd call them, and they'd call you back, and they stay on the line as long as you need them to in order to resolve any issues. I'll use Zoho again at some point simply due to this aspect.

The solution is pretty simple to use.

The pricing seems to be very reasonable.

The stability never gave me any issues.

What needs improvement?

There's a bit of a learning curve. Ultimately, I knew another solution better and I didn't have the bandwidth to learn another completely new system. That said, if I gave myself three weeks to learn it, I probably would have been fine.

I only used the solution for something like 40 or 60 days It was only for a trial run. I don't have too much experience with it. I used it in the last year.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs and glitches that I can recall. It didn't crash or freeze. It was very reliable, and pretty much issue-free.

I'm just a one-man shop. I didn't really test the scalability.

The technical support is amazing. They're really great at what they do and I was very satisfied with them. They call you back very quickly and stay on the phone with you until the issue is resolved.

I've moved to Crelate. They're both great. The only reason I went with Crelate, is due to my learning curve. I had been using it for two and a half years. I probably paid twice as much, however, due to the learning curve, I didn't want to have to learn anything over again. If I had more time, if I had to do it over again, I probably would've stuck with Zoho.

I used to use Oracle, and I found it to be very difficult. I've also used Salesforce in the past. Both of these products were used when I was with different companies.

I primarily used the free version of Zoho when I did use the solution. I basically just used it to give it a trial run. That said, I recall the pricing being very reasonable. It's not overly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a pretty small company. I'm basically just a one-man shop.

When I was trying the solution, I was using the latest version.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. It's pretty great. Overall, I would rate the solution nine out of ten. If I had to do it all over again, I would have chosen to implement this product.

Zoho Recruit
    September 2022
    635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Vigneshkrishna Easwaran - PeerSpot reviewer
    Recruitment Consultant - SAP | Devops | Azure | Java | ServiceNow | SFDC | DB | at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Secure and user friendly; lacks ability to automatically upload data
    • "The solution is secure and also very user friendly."
    • "No ability to automatically update details."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for recruitment purposes and our organizational structure. It helps our company store information to our database, manage and maintain the database and internal portal. We use it for interview schedules, for extracting resumes and connecting potential recruits with jobs. If you tag someone, you'll receive a notification if there's a match.  I'm a recruitment consultant.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution is secure and only the admin person has access to download information. It's also very user friendly and I like the dashboards and interface.

What needs improvement?

We sometimes get duplicate resumes and that shouldn't happen because it's confusing.  My recommendation would be that Zoho not accept duplicate copies. The source is already in Zoho People or in the portal so why have a duplicate copy. One of the other issues is that we need to manually update details and that's time consuming. With SAP, that's all done automatically, we use the HR and HCM tool which shows all the details for a job; the rate, the duration, everything. But in Zoho it's not so clear and we need to manually upload all these things. If that issue was solved, it would be a great solution.

I've been using this solution for eight months.

We are tied to Zoho so everything is done in a proper way and it's very reliable.

We have 10 employees using Zoho Recruit. From junior level employees to the senior ones, everyone uses Zoho. The solution doesn't require maintenance, it automatically uploads. We are currently expanding the team, and there's no limit to the number of people who can have access. If you have permission, you can access it.

Our admins contact technical support directly - I don't have contact with them.

I previously used SAP Fieldglass. It's awesome, it's a really good portal. With SAP we can easily find what we are looking for, what the client is asking, all of the updates, integration model, everything. It all gets updated automatically in SAP, so there's no manual effort required which saves employing another person.

The initial setup is very easy although we didn't use Zoho for that, we did it ourselves. Deployment takes about 10 seconds. What needs to be improved are the updates from the client's end.

Licensing depends on the management center, it's not my area.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I do think SAP is a better solution but it's much more expensive. Zoho needs to improve their marketing and make some aspects automatic rather than require manual inputting.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Head of Human Resources at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
    User-friendly and scalable but could be more affordable
    • "The installation process isn't very complicated."
    • "The pricing could be a bit more reasonable."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for recruiting.

What is most valuable?

The product is very user-friendly, We find it very easy to navigate.

The solution is pretty stable.

We find the product to be scalable.

The installation process isn't very complicated.

The product does have a lot of great, useful features.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be a bit more reasonable.

I've been using the solution for about a year at this point. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution has been good so far. It doesn't crash or freeze. there are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The solution can scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

Right now, I am using the product myself, however, at my previous organization, around 100 people were actively using it.

I've never contacted technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are in general.

The initial setup is not complex. It's pretty straightforward and simple to do. A company shouldn't have any issues executing on deployment. That said, I cannot remember how long it took to actually set up and get up and running.

I handled the implementation myself. I didn't need the help of an integrator or consultant.

The cost could be adjusted. We'd like it to be a bit less.

We pay a licensing fee on a monthly basis.

I did evaluate other options before choosing this product. I had this suggested to me and decided to use it and I ended up liking it.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with Zoho.

I do not think that I am using the latest version of the solution. My understanding is that it is an older version, however, I can't speak to the exact version number off hand.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Alexandra Gheorghe - PeerSpot reviewer
    Account Manager - Sweden Unit at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Great reporting providing a transparent process; very user friendly
    • "Good reporting feature."
    • "There is a limit to the number of lines you can extract."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution was for the Zoho recruitment feature and the CRM with the customer aspect.

What is most valuable?

I've used the database for recruiting purposes listing our candidates. I've also used the reporting feature and email. It was very easy to use as I was recruiting via LinkedIn. LinkMatch helped us to add prospective candidates and get an overview of each one and their status. It was a very good user experience for employees not used to working with Plus forum and it was easy to manage. You can extract reports based on the parameters you want. It made it very easy to contact candidates when necessary. Through a few steps, you could send an email to all the candidates you had selected.

This product also allows a manager to assess their team, their status, whether they reached their targets and whether they followed up with candidates when necessary. The reporting feature was good. The process was transparent, it was easy to see whether everybody was doing their job. The solution is very user-friendly and it's really easy to work with even when you don't have technical skills.

What needs improvement?

There is a limit to the number of lines you can extract, I think it's about 600 lines. Part of the issue was that we didn't have the documentation on how to deal with that so I had to work it out for myself.

Zoho is a reliable and a good solution for a small company, up to about 20 users at any one time although many more can be included in the database.

We had 600 employees in our database and our system manager was responsible for providing access. There is no scalability limitation.

I had one problem with the solution and the IT support answered really quickly and they figured out the issue in one working day.

The company didn't use all the features that Zoho was offering and I think the solution is capable of doing a whole lot more but I can't quantify the ROI.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
    Clinton Powell - PeerSpot reviewer
    Recruitment Lead at Muse Consultancy Services
    Easy to deploy and parses the resumes, but needs better automation and documentation
    • "The CV parsing feature is the most valuable. It can parse resumes for the database. It is easy to deploy, and it is also stable and scalable. Its support is also good."
    • "Its automation is currently complicated, and it could be better. The biggest problem is that their instructions, videos, and documentation are terrible. These should be improved. I would like to see an email tracking feature and an option to find email addresses and leads."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the recruitment database.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to deploy, and it is also stable and scalable. Its support is also good.

What needs improvement?

Its automation is currently complicated, and it could be better. The biggest problem is that their instructions, videos, and documentation are terrible. These should be improved.

I would like to see an email tracking feature and an option to find email addresses and leads.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. You can add as many users as you need. There isn't any limit.

I have contacted them many times. They are good, helpful, responsive, and efficient, but the documentation and videos are terrible.

I have used other solutions in the past. Zoho has more advantages.

It is pretty straightforward. It took an hour to be deployed.

I implemented it myself. It doesn't require any maintenance.

It is in the middle price range. Everything is included in the price.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would advise others to not customize it too much.

I would rate Zoho Recruit a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Other
    Download our free Zoho Recruit Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022