IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Wrike OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Wrike is #15 ranked solution in top Project Management Software. PeerSpot users give Wrike an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Wrike is most commonly compared to Asana: Wrike vs Asana. Wrike is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Project Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Wrike?

Wrike is an online collaboration and project management software bringing together centralized task management and social collaboration features into one real-time workspace. It connects tasks, discussions, and emails to your actual project plan. You get an up-to-date picture of the project and can keep your team aligned with your strategy without boring status meetings. Challenges Wrike helps solve:

• Data silos: Tasks, discussions and documents scattered across email, Skype, personal computers and spreadsheets
  • Poor visibility into work status
  • Missed deadlines and project failures
Main benefits:
  • Accelerating project delivery by using a platform your team will actually use and love
  • Keeping all team members on the same page even across borders without lengthy status meetings, long email threads and spreadsheet updates
  • Big picture of project progress with real-time updates and cross-project reports and newsfeed
  • Real-time team collaboration with discussions, files attached to tasks, and a built-in document editor

Why Wrike?
  • Wrike is a system your team will use. It helps them do their work, not just track it.
  • Wrike can be easily customized to your needs as each team can set up their own workflow.
  • Wrike scales as you grow, providing visibility and ease of use for teams of any size.
Wrike Customers

Down Association, Clever Clicks, Sevenly, Palatov Motorsport, LLC, Koch Ink, Opportunity To Do, Quark Software Inc., Transamerican Auto Parts, PlumChoiceÂ, Inc., InScribe, Evisions, Giant Steps, TechRepublic

Wrike Video

Wrike Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Wrike pricing:
"Wrike is not so expensive, but I don't know exactly how it compares with other tools. Wrike might not be so cheap when we are using it for a lot of users."

Wrike Reviews

NorbertGuez - PeerSpot reviewer
Solution Architect & Cloud Architect & Project Manager at papaya global
Flexible and easy-to-use but lacks real workflow support and tasks management feature
  • "It's a very easy-to-use and flexible tool. We can easily write and create queues for different themes. It's very user-friendly."
  • "On one side, it's very easy to create a task with text, but on the other side, it's not very well-formatted. Therefore, it's difficult to track specific data written in a task. We are making templates, but it's not enough to use a template to know the exact status of different tasks. One thing that we are looking for in Wrike is a better workflow. Because we can only move the status of tasks, we can't really manage workflow and send a task to a specific person. This is what is really missing in Wrike as compared to other tools. We are looking to replace Wrike because we need support for workflow. Another issue with Wrike is that they bring a lot of versions of the tool, which it's not so easy. They bring new versions very frequently, and these versions look similar. For example, we are using robots to read the tasks in the tools, which is problematic with Wrike because it is changing very frequently."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Wrike for defining tasks to move between different persons in our company and for managing the status of a task among different persons. We are a global company, and we use it for things like onboarding workers. We create tasks from the beginning of the process and move it from status to status. Each team gets a notification every time you change the status of a task.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

On one side, it's very easy to create a task with text, but on the other side, it's not very well-formatted. Therefore, it's difficult to track specific data written in a task. We are making templates, but it's not enough to use a template to know the exact status of different tasks.

One thing that we are looking for in Wrike is a better workflow. Because we can only move the status of tasks, we can't really manage workflow and send a task to a specific person. This is what is really missing in Wrike as compared to other tools. We are looking to replace Wrike because we need support for workflow.

Another issue with Wrike is that they bring a lot of versions of the tool, which it's not so easy. They bring new versions very frequently, and these versions look similar. For example, we are using robots to read the tasks in the tools, which is problematic with Wrike because it is changing very frequently.

I have been using this solution for two years.

July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Wrike, monday, Asana and others in Project Management Software. Updated: July 2022.
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable most of the time. Sometimes, there is a problem with response time, but it's mostly stable.

It is easy to scale and expand. We have about 30 users in our company who use this tool on a daily basis.

We have contacted technical support, and we get the answers by email. It was okay. We get the answers very quickly from technical support.

We are also using Trello, which is a very similar tool. We are using Trello on a smaller scale than Wrike. It's a free tool, and we are using the free version of Trello.

Wrike is an enterprise tool, and it has more features than Trello.

The initial setup was simple. It took two weeks to create all the templates and so on.

We implemented it ourselves. We don't use external help for this kind of tool. The maintenance of Wrike is automatic.

Wrike is not so expensive, but I don't know exactly how it compares with other tools. Wrike might not be so cheap when we are using it for a lot of users.

What other advice do I have?

You have a lot of tools with the same kind of functionality in the market. You should exactly define the precise requirement that you need from the tool and also think a few steps ahead in terms of the needs of the company in a few years.

It is not enough to see the present specific requirements because sometimes, the solution we choose is not enough to grow. It's not easy to change from one solution to the other. These tools look very simple, but you have to think about what exactly you want to manage within the tool.

I would rate Wrike a seven out of ten. We are looking for real workflow support and management of tasks features.

Private Cloud

Other
Allan Endara - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager and Innovation Specialist at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Simple, user-friendly, and easy to expand
  • "The solution is stable and reliable."
  • "It would be great if they could develop more reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We're also using Wrike in activity follow-up. We also use Slack as a communication tool. We use Wrike to track projects.

What is most valuable?

The product is a pretty simple tool. We focus on the project activities and reports with it. That's what we use the most.

It’s very user-friendly.

The solution is stable and reliable.

It’s scalable.

What needs improvement?

The solution, in general, works well. I haven’t found any bugs or anything to be improved.

Sometimes, since it's in the cloud, information isn't updated as fast as you need it to be. With some changes, it took a while to see those changes reflected.

It would be great if they could develop more reporting. In terms of the reporting model, if they can make it a little bit more complete, it would be ideal. We’d like to create reports using more filters and more fields.

We’ve been using the solution for a couple of years.

The solution is bug-free and reliable. There are no glitches. The performance is good. The product is stable.

The scalability has been fine. It’s not an issue at all to expand.

We have about 25 users on the solution currently. We’re likely to increase usage by the end of the year.

I don't know how much the licensing costs. I wasn't in charge of that aspect. The IT department handles the license arrangements and payments.

What other advice do I have?

I’d rate the solution eight out of ten.

We’re a customer and an end-user.

July 2022
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AutumnPowell - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Project Coordinator at LeafHome
Good support, easy setup, and helpful for time tracking
  • "We utilize time tracking and reports most often."
  • "We feel that the actual project reports and roll-ups could be a lot different. We are seeking something more for the dashboard. We would like a high-level dashboard that can be broken down into individual product roll-ups and tasks that are assigned. If you assign someone to a task, it assigns them all of the tasks under that. We want to be able to break those down so that a person doesn't have an 800 task list, for example. We want more separation with that and a higher-level dashboard experience."

What is our primary use case?

We're mainly using it for project management and time tracking. It is for managing tasks, and my department, which is the IT department, uses it for tracking project time.

What is most valuable?

We utilize time tracking and reports most often.

What needs improvement?

We feel that the actual project reports and roll-ups could be a lot different. We are seeking something more for the dashboard. We would like a high-level dashboard that can be broken down into individual product roll-ups and tasks that are assigned. If you assign someone to a task, it assigns them all of the tasks under that. We want to be able to break those down so that a person doesn't have an 800 task list, for example. We want more separation with that and a higher-level dashboard experience.

I've been using Wrike for the last six months. My company has been using Wrike for about a year.

Its stability is pretty good.

Its scalability is pretty good. We use one of the enterprise versions or business versions of it, which is one of the higher ones because we have a lot of people.  Overall, we have at least a couple of hundred users. Within my department, we have 78 people who are currently using it. The IT department is its main user.

Their support is pretty good. They've been pretty helpful.

It was pretty user-friendly.

It was implemented in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate it an eight out of ten.

Download our free Project Management Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Wrike, monday, Asana, and more!
Updated: July 2022