vRealize Network Insight OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

vRealize Network Insight is the #29 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools and #32 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give vRealize Network Insight an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. vRealize Network Insight is most commonly compared to VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront: vRealize Network Insight vs VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront. vRealize Network Insight is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is vRealize Network Insight?
VMware vRealize Network Insight delivers intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It helps customers build an optimized, highly-available and secure network infrastructure across multi-cloud environments. It accelerates micro-segmentation planning and deployment, enables visibility across virtual and physical networks and provides operational views to manage and scale VMware NSX deployments.

vRealize Network Insight was previously known as Arkin.

vRealize Network Insight Customers

NTTi3, VCIX-NV, VMware Networking and Security Business Unit, Illumio, CompuNet

vRealize Network Insight Video

vRealize Network Insight Reviews

Salar Mehdi Zadeh - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Security Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Manageable, user-friendly, and easy to set up
  • "It's a very powerful, very manageable product."
  • "Support could be much better."

What is most valuable?

The network assurance is great.

It's useful for analyzing networks.

The product offers good data integration with other products as well.

It's a very powerful, very manageable product.

The initial setup is simple.

It has a very nice user interface and is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

In some integrations with other products like F5, Cisco, and others, we sometimes encounter some bugs, and we sometimes have some integration issues that require us to contact VMware support to try to solve the problems. We'd like the simplification of integrations in the future.

Support could be much better. They do not do a good job of finding issues.

The security could be enhanced slightly.

We've used the solution for almost two years.

It's a stable product. We do not find it to be excessively buggy or glitchy. It doesn't crash or freeze.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, SolarWinds, Zabbix and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: December 2022.
670,331 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable. In some projects, we deploy it as clusters, and it works out well. It depends on the customer's environment.

We've had issues in the past. In two cases, we have some clients who had issues, and we weren't given any solution to the problems. They are both still ongoing issues.

When customers do not speak English well, there are also issues with communication. They need to take a bit more time with non-native speakers.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

I do not have experience with any other products at this time.

This is not a hard solution to set up. It's very straightforward and quite simple. I'd rate the ease of setup a five out of five.

I tend to deploy the solution in customer environments.

I don't know about the licensing of the VRNI, and I'm on the deployment side of the product. The sales teams deal with pricing.

It's my understanding that the price is per device. I'm not 100% sure, however.

What other advice do I have?

We are a VMware business partner in Turkey.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner / Integrator
Claudio Sousa - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Produces detailed reports of the network flow and layout using SDN
  • "The solution has helped improve our organization by directing the network traffic using SDN."
  • "The solution can be improved by making it more compatible with other brands, allowing for better integration."

What is our primary use case?

vRealize is used to help our development team by producing detailed reports of the network flow and layout. This includes details like the TCP network keys and the RTT.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped improve our organization by directing the network traffic using SDN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the application pipeline.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for almost one year.

We have had problems with the collectors in the older versions 6.2 and 6.3 that required rebooting the platform. The newest version 6.7 appears to be stable with no issues.

The solution is scalable with the addition of more licenses.

The technical support team is very good.

Previously we used Zabbix but it is not capable of analyzing the network flow inside the SDN.

The initial setup is straightforward as long as you follow the detailed step-by-step instructions supplied with the solution.

The implementation was done with the help of an engineer.

We have seen a return on investment with this solution.

Before choosing the solution we evaluated Calico.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution ten out of ten.

For our requirements, five people are needed to maintain the solution. I recommend the solution tool for all networks and security.

Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about VMware, SolarWinds, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: December 2022