Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Veeam ONE OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veeam ONE is #4 ranked solution in top Virtualization Management Tools. PeerSpot users give Veeam ONE an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Veeam ONE is most commonly compared to VMware Aria Operations: Veeam ONE vs VMware Aria Operations. Veeam ONE is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 48% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Veeam ONE Buyer's Guide

Download the Veeam ONE Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Veeam ONE?

Veeam® ONE™ is a powerful monitoring, reporting and capacity planning tool for the management of the Veeam backup infrastructure and VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments. It helps enable Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by providing complete visibility of the IT environment to detect issues before they have operational impact.

Veeam ONE Customers
Business & Legal Resources Inc., Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, Alliance Healthcare, Poulin Grain Inc., Linear Technology, Northwestern University, ARKEMA, Sogegross, City of Lynchburg
Veeam ONE Video

Archived Veeam ONE Reviews (more than two years old)

OmarSamir - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Solutions Architect at Elsewedy Technology
Reseller
Easy implementation with good pricing and nice stability
  • "The solution is quite stable."
  • "The appliance doesn't have a domain. If there was a competitor with a domain, I'd likely use them."

What is our primary use case?

We're resellers. We offer this solution to our clients, that are companies of various sizes.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good administrative capabilities.

The product is very simple in terms of how it is used and designed.

The implementation is pretty simple and straightforward. It's not hard to set up.

The pricing is pretty good. We find it to be pretty fair.

The solution is quite stable.

The product offers good scalability.

What needs improvement?

I haven't used the solution for long enough to really be able to consider features that may be lacking. I haven't had enough time to work with it.

I've been using this solution for less than a year. It's been about six months since I started using the solution.

Veeam ONE
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Veeam ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
634,775 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches, at least, none that I've experienced. It hasn't crashed on us or frozen. I find the solution to be reliable so far.

The solution is scalable. If we need to expand the solution in the future, I have no doubt that we could.

We deal with companies of different sizes, and this solution can work for organizations that are both small or large.

In previous work, I've used EMC Networker. I found the solution to be too complex and I wouldn't say that the solution worked well for me. Veeam is much more straightforward and I find its usability to be better.

The initial setup isn't complex. It's pretty straightforward.

I don't recall how long the actual deployment took. I don't think that it took very long.

The pricing is pretty fair. It's quite competitive. It's certainly not the most expensive option.

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers. We offer this solution to our clients.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. So far, it's worked quite well for our clients and I can't think of any places where the solution is lacking feature-wise. It's quite good and would be suitable for different-sized companies, from small to large or enterprise level.

Leticia Espinosa - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Recovery Specialist at a legal firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A single solution to effectively monitor all environments
  • "The monthly reports come complete with graphs and summaries, it's really helpful."
  • "The threshold could be easier to configure."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution on a daily basis to monitor all of our environments.

We use it for supplemental monitoring. Veeam ONE is based on our VMware. Although we receive alerts with VMware, Veeam ONE goes another step further with analysis.

With Veeam ONE, we're easily able to determine what has been impacted. For example, VMware will get an alert for an ESX host, and Veeam ONE will know exactly what VMs and what applications are impacted. It's not our primary source of monitoring, but when we have an issue, we go to Veeam ONE to figure out exactly where things are and to help us connect the dots.

What is most valuable?

The reporting features are great for our business and managers, It takes a lot of the guesswork out. The monthly reports come complete with graphs and summaries, it's really helpful.

What needs improvement?

The threshold could be easier to configure. I would like to see more automation and integration with their own backups. Currently, you can stop and start a backup, but it would be nice if you could initiate a reinstall using Veeam ONE.

I have been using this solution for roughly six years.

We experience problems with our SQL database. Our SQL database grew quite large in size with Veeam ONE. This is an area for improvement. They should also provide more guidance regarding calculating how big the environment might grow for the SQL database. We experienced a couple of issues where the Veeam ONE server went down because the SQL database grew too much, and we had to recreate it a couple of times. We don't quite understand how the Veeam ONE database works and what causes it to grow so quickly.

The technical support is responsive, however, there have been times when we have had problems, but the technical support will determine it's not a Veeam issue, so they just drop it. They will only help us if the issue is directly related to Veeam. They could go a bit further and give a few suggestions, but they don't. In some cases, we have to get both VMware support and Veeam support together on one call and go through our account rep to pressure them. They'll eventually do it, but you have to force their hand.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. The Installation process was completed in one day.

We got the Veeam Enterprise Suite, which comes with Veeam ONE and Enterprise Manager. I'm not exactly sure what the pricing is.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is a great product. My main advice would definitely be to do a complete overview of the setup, and accurately design the database because otherwise, it will grow out of control.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Veeam ONE
September 2022
634,775 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kevin Heron - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Operations Manager at Ocient, Inc.
Flexible, easy to use with a great storage gateway feature
  • "Storage gateway feature is very flexible."
  • "Not highly customizable."

What is our primary use case?

We use Veeam ONE because we have a Windows and Linux environment, and we also have Office365. Microsoft doesn't back up the data from Office365, they only have checkpoints so the customer is required to backup that data, if that's what their composite calls for. Although we use the solution on premise, we write data off to the cloud every couple of months. We are customers of Veeam One and I'm an IT professional.

What is most valuable?

This is a very easy to use solution and it's scalable in terms of how big your environment is. I like the Veeam storage gateway feature. As a customer, it allows you to take some of the old monthly backups and write that off to the cloud, whether it's AWS or Azure or a private cloud, it really doesn't matter. It's just really flexible to use. It also supports Windows Linux and you can even do desktop backups with it. I think the best feature is the O365 functionality, which is a separate product, but it works right alongside Veeam ONE.

What needs improvement?

This is not a highly customizable solution but there is very little that needs improvement in this product. They actually improved the UI, it has a very Window-ish interface now so that once you log into the console, all your servers are listed down the left hand side, and particularly for an auditor, you can see the policies and make changes, search for the retention, the backups, etc. As an IT professional, we want everything free so the price of the product could be reduced, but they do need to pay their developers.

I've been using this solution for two years.

Veeam ONE is more stable than the operating system it lives on. So it lives in Windows and that's more of a concern than the actual application itself. Veeam is very, very good. It's that underlying OS. If I could put that in Linux, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Scalability is one of the more impressive things about Veeam ONE. I could scale up or down as much as I want or need. If it's simply a license issue, it's just increasing your number of licenses. They're very flexible in how they initially license you. But if you just buy what you need and add on over time, it works very well and that's what we want. We want easy stuff that works and that's reliable and is supported, and doesn't cost a fortune, but if they want to lower the price, that's even better.

Our administration team uses the solution, so maybe two or three people just managing it. Once you set it up, it's automatic. You can set up emails to alert a group or a person or a team that the backups are done, and that it's fine. My entire team has access to it, and there are five of us, but we don't get into it every day. We're a small company in the medical industry, and  we had several audits a year. It was crucial that the data was being backed up and encrypted, which is another great feature of Veeam. It just uses the native encryption there, or you can run Vormetric as your encryption mechanism for the backups themselves. The solution doesn't require a backup administrator, you can use one of your Windows admins to log in and do the occasional restore or run a report. There's no need to maintain the software.

Customer service was great, they responded very quickly. There is also a lot of information available on Youtube and that can help with installation. But the support is there and if you call them they'll walk you through and solve any issue.

We were using Veritas before this, it's their NetBackup product. I find that difficult to use, but the great thing there is it can run on a Linux server.

The initial setup was straightforward. When we moved to Veeam ONE, we had to install fresh, because we were not running the most current version. We just imported all of our former backups. It was drag and drop, and then setting up backup jobs is just crazy easy with Veeam ONE. Deployment took around four hours because we already had the backup jobs. If we didn't have the server built and the backup jobs it would have taken longer. We filled the server, installed Veeam ONE, imported all of our old backup data into that product and it was done. Their support was really good, we used a very skilled integrator who gave us lots of great tips.

We've been looking at other options, Rubrik is one of them. Like Veeam, it's very simple and it's just an appliance. It's like a 1U or 2U appliance. You put it in your data center's server room or whatever you have, you define a policy, and they're literally called gold, silver and bronze. When you discover the server within Rubrik, you can decide you want the gold backup which might mean full backups every night. The silver backups might do incrementals every night, fulls on the weekend, and then maybe bronze might be differentials and maybe full backups once a month, or whatever the business requires.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Veeam is not highly customizable, but if someone's looking for a reliable, stable backup product that you can scale and get great support on, that supports multiple OS's, I would suggest using it. It's pretty good.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Thang Le Toan (Victory Lee) - PeerSpot reviewer
CIO at Robusta Technology & Training
Optimal calculations for storage systems for operation and backup on DCV, HCI

What is our primary use case?

Transforming from the physical system to virtualization -- vSphere or Hyper-V, KVM and then monitoring reporting infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

The most important problem in the data center system is to monitor and calculate real-time, to be able to accurately forecast or monitor for troubleshooting (not all software can do it).

What is most valuable?

• Optimal calculations for storage systems for operation and backup on DCV, HCI
  • Stability and VM loading of the data center.

We have problems with IOPS calculations real-time, uncontrollable IOPS of storage leads to storage infrastructure errors.

What needs improvement?

The additional features are:

• Running control of both network and IOPS on physical infrastructure
  • Predicting compatibility requirements to transfer resources from physical to virtual to meet backup RPO and RTO within 15 minutes
  • Especially adding application objects to backup VM cluster (Oracle RAC, SQL cluster, AD delegation, Exchange DAG, MySQL Cluster).

Enterprise Engineer / Virtualization Support at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Performs capacity planning of virtual and backup environments. Does cost failure modeling.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features, amongst other brilliant features, are:

• Veeam ONE Reporter: Reporter is the reporting server part of Veeam ONE. It is accessible via a web console, providing featured packed templates (workspace) and dashboard widgets.
  • Close-to-accurate capacity planning of virtual and backup environments.
  • Host failure modeling
  • What-if analysis in case one host has to fail
  • Determining if all production VMs will be continuously available on fewer hosts.
  • VM optimization by identifying over/under-allocated CPU and memory resources, i.e., right-sizing.

Generating reports is based on your selection criterion and parameters, giving you presentable views for VMware and Hyper-V infrastructures for:

• Backup infrastructures with disk, replication, and tape jobs
  • Backup repositories (capacity planning for forecasting)
  • Virtual infrastructure trends and alarms
  • Virtual infrastructure hosts, clusters, data stores, and VMs

How has it helped my organization?

Complete visibility into compute, storage, and backup resources.

It helps us to meet our client SLAs by optimizing resource usage with tremendous cost-savings (charge-back).

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more drill-down and granular coverage of the compute stack and virtual infrastructure elements for Hyper-V.

I am comparing this to more features already available for VMware environments. I read that more features have now been added in version 9.5 and that the current ones have been enhanced.

We have used this solution for four years, since version 6.5.

There have been no stability issues so far.

A lot of improvements are made with each new release, as long as you follow the proper and guided upgrade steps.

You also have to take into account the initial best practice deployment with optimal configurations that meet our clients' virtual and backup estates.

There have been no scalability issues so far. Our Veeam ONE servers are implemented as hosted VMs, as opposed to physical machines. These are easily scalable in terms of resources.

We used other solutions previously. We are still using SolarWinds Virtualization Manager, version 6.3, in conjunction with Veeam ONE.

One of our large clients decided to acquire Veeam ONE based on their own research. This decision was seconded by us.

We found the reporting and capacity planning tools were really what they needed. That helped us support them better. The cost savings was the driving force.

The initial setup was fairly easy and straightforward with guided wizard-driven configurations. The single-server is used for small to medium size enterprises.

Much larger virtual and backup environments with separate dedicated servers require advanced deployment.

Depending on the edition (Standard, Enterprise, Enterprise Plus), all license costs are calculated per number of physical CPU-Sockets, in each hosted, server hardware.

I evaluated Turbonomic 5 (formerly VMTurbo) before. It is a master and “monster” of capacity planning for virtual environments of any size. It is feature-packed and fast.

However, I first started working with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager and still use it in the workplace. I use it extensively for VM sprawl and storage monitoring which is easier for me with this product. It also gives us recommendations on resource sizing/tuning. Veeam ONE and Turbonomic do this as well in their own efficient ways.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for complete visibility into your VMware and/or Hyper-V infrastructure with seamless integration of Veeam backup & replication environments at no additional cost, then look no further. It just works.

Just “picture it”:

• Great cost-savings with linked SLAs
  • Boosts ROI across the board
  • Slices down on Capex and Opex

it_user220182 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Systems Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

The reverse incremental feature is most valuable to us.

How has it helped my organization?

It is intuitive to use. It was easy to train IT guys how to use it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see any backup process other than the snapshot backup.

We have used the solution for four years.

Sometimes if a backup failed, it meant the snapshot was not removed. This could cause the VM to crash when it ran out of snapshot space.

I didn't need it for our environment which had three ESX hosts and 50-60 VMs.

I didn't use the technical support directly, but the guys reporting to me did. I believe they were fairly straightforward.

I used a product called vRanger by Quest. They are very similar, but I decided to switch to Veeam after going to a VMware event and seeing that Veeam had become a partner of VMware. This gave me more confidence in their product.

The setup was very simple as it's pretty much a default install.

I see nothing different than what other vendors are doing, which is to price it at "per physical CPU". Just factor that in when looking at cost.

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for a small to medium size company. The backup speed isn't lightening quick. However, a lot depends on your environment and what you're backing up to i.e., NAS or SAN.

HBT ICT & Cybersecurity Operations | ICT Infrastructure & Remote Operations Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Provides live monitoring and reporting on the health and performance of the virtual environment.

What is most valuable?

• Live monitoring and reporting on the health and performance of the virtual environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Identifies issues in real time, does capacity planning, and performs environmental monitoring that allows us to justify the need for additional resources in real time.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements in the GUI and in navigation.

I have used this solution for four years.

I didn’t encounter any issues with stability.

I didn’t encounter any issues with scalability.

Technical support is excellent.

The installation was straightforward.

We bundle it with Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Availability Suite under the cloud license model. It is very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I don’t have any negative feedback. It provides a real-time, holistic view of the performance of our environment. It has allowed us to capture resource utilization issues for virtual machines. It allows us to capture information about snapshots, configuration, and performance issues in real-time. It has excellent reporting for capacity planning and management or reporting for customers.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a cloud partner.
it_user528894 - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Its backup, replication, monitoring and reporting features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

• Backup
  • Replication
  • Monitoring
  • Reporting

How has it helped my organization?

It is fast, reliable and secure.

What needs improvement?

They need to find better ways for RDMs and to somehow backup physical servers.

I have used it for five years.

I have not encountered any stability issues; the product is very stable.

I have not encountered many scalability issues.

Technical support is very good.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward.

They need to make better offers for SMB customers.

Before choosing this product, I did not exactly evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Simply, if you have a decent virtual environment… Go for it.

it_user168444 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager Infrastructure at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It provides detailed monitoring and alerting. I'd like to see Xen- and KVM-based virtualization monitoring improved

What is most valuable?

• Detailed monitoring and alerting (I loved the advanced monitoring and reporting at my previous organization)

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, the infrastructure was configured and backed up at the application level and configuration changes were not replicated. With replication at the infrastructure level now, we don't have to worry about configuration changes.

What needs improvement?

• Monitoring of Xen- and KVM-based virtualization

I have used it for approximately over one year.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not scaled it until now.

I have not used technical support.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was simple.

It’s a great tool and management should consider spending money for it, as it eases a lot of complexities.

I have been using the free version but would definitely opt for the paid version if management approves it.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

It’s a simple and reliable solution, especially as I have experience with VMware products (ESXi).

Senior IT Systems Administrator at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
The monitoring, reporting and capacity planning features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

• Monitoring
  • Reporting
  • Capacity planning

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to proactively monitor of virtual infrastructure, and has reduced downtime.

What needs improvement?

Reduce the use of dark colors in the product interfaces (GUI).

I have used it for five years.

No stability issues encountered so far.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is not so good:

• Communication issues due to language differences
  • Slow responses

We previously used IBM & Microsoft solutions.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Licenses are getting costlier whenever there is a new version.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated VMTurbo & VMware Operations Manager.

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product.

Virtual and Backup infrastructure monitoring solution

What is most valuable?

Here theyare features that I appreciated:

• Immediate alerting
  • Scheduled historical reporting
  • Unique enterprise backup console view
  • One settings point location
  • Infrastructure view
  • Business view
  • Data protection View
  • VM

How has it helped my organization?

This product gave us the ability to have a single notification point about global infrastructure.

Veeam console is well integrated with Veeam Backup & Replication so, we can view, at the same time, backup health and disaster recovery replication between different sites. The historical reporting feature, gave us the ability to understand any weakness and possible strange behavior to be investigated.

In any case, we utilized Veeam One and B&R in conjunction with other monitoring software to have a complete and real time situation of our infrastructure (network devices, applicative problems etc).

What needs improvement?

It would be really appreciated if Veeam One could provide an OS and program monitoring solution for the VM ( exchange monitoring and queue, event viewer, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS etc) and improve grant processes to apply in case of any infrastructure problems.

I started using it since 3 years ago in conjunction with other monitoring solutions (SCOM 2012, OpManager, VirtuaWin, Netwrix, Nagios

I had problems getting Veeam One and Veeam Backup & Replication to coexist on the same server.

Sometimes, I needed to reboot the server if it was on for a long time. I also had some performance problems if it was implemented on an old server.

Scalability wasn't an issue, but I had problems with the license files when we bought new licenses.

It was good.

They were great and well prepared.

About virtual host, I utilized (and I am still using), Nagios, Netwrix, OpManager but I am preferring them only for OS, network devices, bandwidth utilization and application server monitoring.

I liked Veeam One about VMware and HyperV server monitoring

Initial setup was quite straightforward and easy.

I implemented it on my own.

An excellent disaster recovery plan, backup replication, and real time monitoring.

Initial setup was €10,000 in conjunction with Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Edition with different sites/hosts to monitor. The day to day cost, is meanly relative licensing and minimal time to maintaining it.

• SCOM 2012
  • OpManager
  • Nagios
  • Netwrix

What other advice do I have?

If you already utilize Veeam Backup & Replication, it would be very important that you utilize this product to manage them together. (Other than essential licenses, the enterprise version gives you a single monitoring/backup console that sounds great).

it_user215724 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user215724IT Senior System Engineer, Data Integrity and IT Pharma Automation systems migration consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

Your adjectives are the more suitable about Veeam products (fast, easy and safety) like other adjectives about previous backup tools.

it_user159807 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. security/system engineer at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
The Active Directory aspect needs improving but overall straightforward to install.

What is most valuable?

The backup and replication ability.

How has it helped my organization?

Backups and restores are completed very fast. Also, it takes less time for backups than previously.

What needs improvement?

Active Directory, because if we could restore GPO as a single level object as well as restoring AD schema partition through backup then I think it will be great product.

I've been using it alongside Veeam Backup and Replication four years.

It is very good.

Technical support is also very good.

We are using both solutions right now.

It is straightforward to install and easy to configure and backup too.

I implemented it myself.

I think almost 80%.

It is just the license cost. and after that there is no cost except for support maintenance.

Yes we did.

What other advice do I have?

It is a nice product.

Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
If you are in a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam One but the alerts need better descriptions.

What is most valuable?

I really like the reporting. You can build your own reports and schedule to send them any time. I also like the fact that alerts are resolved automatically if there is no longer an issue.

How has it helped my organization?

From a storage prospective we were getting alerts when the Hyper V LUNS reached the threshold and we were able to fix the space issue before something worse happened.

No more surprises about our Hyper-V environment, storage.

What needs improvement?

Better description of the problems as the alerts are missing good descriptions. Sometimes you need to spend extra time to Google the error because the information from the alerts is not clear enough.

I've used it for two years.

Deployment is very simple, the installation wizard is very easy and then it is just simply adding whatever you want to monitor.

I don't have any stability issues.

I need to give them 10/10. All the cases are resolved in the time they give.

We used PRTG but we were getting a lot of false positives.

What other advice do I have?

If you are using a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam Backup and Veeam One.

If you deploy Veeam Backup and Veeam One, you will sleep much better.

it_user203934 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user203934Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees

I like VMTurbo Ops, right now I am using SCOM to monitor our infrastructure.

it_user200493 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. System Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
If you're unsure, implement it in your lab environment, it will change your mind.

What is most valuable?

• ESXi & vCenter comparability
  • Veeam Backup support
  • Fully customization

How has it helped my organization?

It has made it easier to monitor our virtual environments.

I've used it for one year.

10/10.

10 but we haven't really used it.

No previous solution used.

It was moderate.

In-house implementation.

We also looked at SCOM.

What other advice do I have?

If you say no to Veeam One, at least implement it in your Lab environment, it will change your mind.

it_user368379 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user368379Infrastructure Architect at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees

How are you still liking this product? Do you use it for storage and network as well?

Senior Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is easy to recognize issues before they become significant although identifying hardware issues needs work

What is most valuable?

We like the alerting, reporting, and the dashboard features.

How has it helped my organization?

Using the reporting and dashboard features has allowed us to remain proactive with our infrastructure such as identifying datastores with high IOPS or an ESXi host with high memory utilization. Veeam ONE delivers this data in a user-friendly format that makes it easy to recognize issues before they become significant.

What needs improvement?

Veeam ONE does not easily recognize hardware issues within the infrastructure out of the box which costs some administrative overhead.

We have been using Veeam ONE for just over one year.

No issues encountered.

Stability has been perfect. Definitely no complaints in that area.

We have a fairly small infrastructure so scalability isn’t something we’ve tested.

We have not needed to contact Veeam customer service.

We have not needed to contact Veeam technical support. Any configuration issues have been solved using their knowledge base.

We used System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) prior to using Veeam ONE. We switched to Veeam ONE when the decision to use a third party solution was implemented.

Deployment was very easy and straightforward.It was mostly “Next, Next, Next, Finish” during the deployment.Connecting Veeam ONE to our vCenter and creating the SQL database on a remote host were the only details that required any focus.

We implemented Veeam ONE in-house, specifically with just one administrator; very easy to implement.

ROI is difficult to measure in a cost center since we don’t produce revenue.

Veeam ONE was procured through a promotion that coupled it with Veeam Backup and Replication. We were interested in a backup solution for our hypervisor environment however Veeam ONE quickly proved to be a solution we intend to license for the long term. As I’ve already mentioned with the ease of setup and use, costs have been minimal.

Veeam ONE is actually complimenting a different product leveraged through a third party contract. The third party is responsible for monitoring our business-critical systems, however, we prefer Veeam ONE because it recognizes issues before the third party solution does and, because no Veeam ONE agent is required, we’re comfortable using two monitoring solutions with no significant resource overhead costs.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is the perfect solution for monitoring and managing your hypervisor infrastructure. However we rely on a different solution for systems that are not part of our hypervisor infrastructure such as our database servers.

it_user199092 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user199092Senior Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees

My storage is pretty simple, consisting of (2) HP P2000 G3 SANs so I use the email notification feature on the controllers to notify me of storage hardware events. Veeam ONE picks up issues with the datastores so I seem to have the bases covered for storage.

it_user6492 - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Great tool to learn how to monitor a Virtual Infrastructure

Valuable Features:

Simplified management Easy to install

Room for Improvement:

No integration with vsphere client Limited metrics to choose from
Download our free Veeam ONE Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022