The primary use case of this solution is to prevent our end-users from getting hacked, or getting viruses, ransomware, or any type of malware. The firewall protects information from coming in and the antivirus protects the machine.
Trend Micro Web Security is #7 ranked solution in top Internet Security tools and #17 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro Web Security an average rating of 7.2 out of 10. Trend Micro Web Security is most commonly compared to Zscaler Internet Access: Trend Micro Web Security vs Zscaler Internet Access. Trend Micro Web Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 24% of all views.
Trend Micro Web Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Trend Micro Web Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022
What is Trend Micro Web Security?
Trend Micro Web Security is a cloud-based web security gateway which enables users to focus on strategic security, such as policy and architecture. It provides users with forward-looking threat protection on web threats, URL filtering, and application control. It features cloud app access control, flexible deployment, and a single console that provides advanced security against online threats. Trend Micro Web Security shields your users from cyber threats by employing cross-generational defense methods to detect known and unknown threats. This provides visibility and access control for each of your users on unauthorized cloud applications.
The solution’s innovative deployment strategy allows you to deploy gateways on premises, in the cloud, or both, ensuring that your users are protected no matter where they are. A single cloud-based administration panel streamlines your workload by allowing you to define policies, manage users, and access reporting all from one place.
Trend Micro Web Security Features
Trend Micro Web Security has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Gateway HTTPS decryption and anti-malware: Prevents malware from entering your network, relieving endpoint security of the responsibility.
- Correlated threat data and web reputation: Trend Micro Smart Protection Network web reputation technology prevents access to malicious websites.
- Filtering and categorization of URLs: Identifies inappropriate or harmful sites using real-time URL classification and reputation. Blocks access to spyware and phishing-related websites and prevents drive-by downloads.
- Predictive machine learning and cloud sandboxing: In a secure Trend Micro-hosted sandbox environment, cloud sandboxing allows automatic in-depth simulation and analysis of potentially dangerous attachments, including executables and typical office documents.
Trend Micro Web Security Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing Trend Micro Web Security. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Provides superior security for any device, anywhere: Threats are stopped in the cloud by Trend Micro Web Security before they reach your endpoints. Your users will be safe on any device, including desktop and mobile platforms, and in any location, whether or not they are connected to the corporate network.
- Cloud application access control: Trend Micro Web Security can detect more than 30,000 cloud services in use and carry out the granular access policies defined by the administrator. This powerful feature allows you to set access controls for individual users or user groups on unsanctioned cloud apps within a schedule, enhancing your company's security and productivity.
- Flexibility in deployment to meet your needs: This unique deployment strategy gives you the option of deploying the product on premises, in the cloud, or a combination of both. The expense and resource drain associated with backhauling traffic or operating several separate on-premises secure web gateways are eliminated with cloud-based deployment for all users, including on site, branch offices, and remote/mobile users.
- Centralized management console with a single interface: You can manage and monitor web usage in real time using a single cloud-based management panel. You can manage consolidated and unified policies across both on-premises and cloud-based deployment instances with this single pane of glass. Dashboards and reports that are interactive and customized provide you total visibility into online usage and security data.
Reviews from Real Users
Trend Micro Web Security stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are its robust access security and its stability. PeerSpot users take note of the advantages of these features in their reviews:
Hartmut S., IT principal consultant, infrastructure architect, and project manager at EDV-SIMON, writes of the solution, “Web Security's most valuable feature is access security.” He adds, “It's secure and useful from an administrative point of view, with controllable login monitoring and so on.”
Nadeem S., CEO at Haniya Technologies, notes, “It's a very stable solution.” He adds, “I would definitely recommend Trend Micro to people looking for an end-to-end security solution. Trend Micro has a good portfolio for security solutions.”
Trend Micro Web Security was previously known as Virus Wall, VirusWall, Trend Micro VirusWall.
Trend Micro Web Security Customers
Landwirtschaftskammer Nordrhein-Westfalen, Mosaic Medical, Okinawa Prefectural Education Center, RAK Investment Authority
Trend Micro Web Security Video