Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security is #18 ranked solution in Cloud Workload Protection Platforms . PeerSpot users give Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Cloud: Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security vs Microsoft Defender for Cloud. Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the CWPP (Cloud Workload Protection Platforms) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security?

Secure your data center, cloud, and containers without compromising performance or security with a comprehensive SaaS solution

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security was previously known as Cloud One Workload Security, Cloud One - Workload Security, Trend Micro Cloud One - Workload Security.

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security Customers
TRC
Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security Video

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security pricing:
"It's a slightly expensive product."

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security Reviews

Ashish-Gautam - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Technical Engineer at Hitachi Systems, Ltd.
Great protection, lots of features, and good reliability
  • "The security is good."
  • "The pricing can get high."

What is our primary use case?

It is a server security solution. If a customer is looking for a Windows server plus security, if that is using the Linux platform, in that case, we recommend this solution.

We have to monitor on a daily basis. We have to manage alerts that come through and monitor for vulnerabilities.

What is most valuable?

There are multiple features. The vulnerability protection feature, which we call virtual patching, is excellent, for example. If my server is not properly uploaded, that server will be vulnerable from a network perspective. And if that server is critical, it's very dangerous for my customers, and, if, due to some network function, I'm not able to update that server, I'd want some kind of feature which can protect that server in case of a vulnerability attack. Trend Micro can identify issues. If any vulnerability attack is there, it can secure that particular server in real-time. It gives users time to update the server and resolve the problem.

There is a login inspection feature that can track events. It will showcase the highly critical ones on the dashboard for review.

The security is good. We have control over restrictions. For example, who can log onto the server and who can install applications. Users without permission will not be able to act.

Trend Micro has a large number of our entities. They have a bug bounty program. You can activate their signatures directly from a scanning perspective. They also detect new vulnerabilities of third-party solutions. It helps you gain total visibility.

The solution is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

The pricing can get high.

I've been using the solution for the past three years.

CWPP (Cloud Workload Protection Platforms)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, McAfee and others in CWPP (Cloud Workload Protection Platforms). Updated: September 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The product can scale.

Technical support is good.

If I'm going for the cloud version. For my clients, we have to solve the agent for the machine. In that case, 4GB is enough for my agent to work so that performance will not be down.

It only takes a minute to download the solution if the connectivity is good.

We cannot leave it once it's done. We need to monitor it and do so daily, looking for vulnerabilities and dealing with issues.

Pricing depends on the number of units. However, it is challenging compared to other products.

What other advice do I have?

We are a user and a partner.

We are on around version 50. Whatever the latest is is the one we are on.

It comes in two different models. One is on-prem, and the second is cloud-based. The cloud version is available on Trend Micro's website.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. From a security perspective, it's good. In general, I would recommend it.

Saravana Prabhu - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at IntactIT infosystems Pvt Ltd
A stable workload security solution with a useful virtual patching feature.
  • "Virtual patching is one of the key features, which is executed with their IPS."
  • "The firewall configuration should have been automated based on the understanding of the application, utilities, and protocols."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to secure corporate infrastructure on the cloud layer, data center layer, and on-premises layer. This includes Kubernetes cloud security, which helps control or provides visibility on the DevOps activity. It helps 90 plus with operating system support.

How has it helped my organization?

It simplifies security by integrating all the cyber infrastructure layers, be it a cloud, hybrid, or on-prem. You get to manage all these things from a single management console and point of view. It's a feature-rich product that's straightforward and helps any organization to manage their server, DevOps, production, and infrastructure completely while securing them. It makes it more simple from a security point of view.

What is most valuable?

It has got 90 plus with support, which is key for today's DevOps environment. Virtual patching is one of the key features, which is executed with their IPS.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better. Automation could also be better. The firewall configuration should have been automated based on the understanding of the application, utilities, and protocols.

I have been dealing with Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security for about five years.

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security is stable. It's a very good product.

Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security is very scalable.

The initial setup is complex because it's deployed as a workload on server infrastructure. Each server will have different ways of working, so it depends.

It's a slightly expensive product.

We, as a partner, try to propose multiple vendors, but when compared to Sophos cybersecurity or McAfee's cybersecurity, we found that Trend Micro was far better.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential customers to choose the right vendor who can deploy the product properly. I would recommend this solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Trend Micro Cloud One Workload Security a nine.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free CWPP (Cloud Workload Protection Platforms) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, McAfee, and more!
Updated: September 2022