IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Thinkwise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Thinkwise is #23 ranked solution in top Low-Code Development Platforms and #24 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software. PeerSpot users give Thinkwise an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. Thinkwise is most commonly compared to Mendix: Thinkwise vs Mendix. Thinkwise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 37% of all views.

Download the Rapid Application Development Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Thinkwise?

Thinkwise is a supplier of its own low-code ERP software platform, which enables the quick and easy development of business software that never becomes outdated. This flexibly modifiable software is always immediately available for Windows, the web and mobile applications and is guaranteed to run on future technologies. Along with the development of business software Thinkwise also sells its platform under license. Large companies, Independent Software Vendors and System Integrators can realize their own software-solutions with the platform.

Thinkwise Customers
VDL Group, Antea Group, Acto, Manter International, W.E.C. Lines
Thinkwise Video

Thinkwise Reviews

Marjolein Pordon - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Test Analyst at Squerist
Low-code platform needs knowledge of coding and best practices to make it work best.
  • "We use this solution as a customer portal for teachers so they can plan exams for their students. Exams will also be created in the portal in future."
  • "This solution could be more user-friendly and involve less code. It requires a lot of SQL knowledge and programming. It is not a drag and drop solution."

What is our primary use case?

In both cases we were replacing core systems with this solution. One was for an exam authority and one for a company that sells and edits steel.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This solution could be more user-friendly and involve less code. It requires a lot of SQL knowledge and programming. It is not a drag and drop solution.

I have used this solution for two and a half years with two different clients.

Rapid Application Development Software
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Thinkwise, Mendix, OutSystems and others in Rapid Application Development Software. Updated: July 2022.
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is not a stable solution. When work has been done on screen A, for example, this has lead to a downfall in screen B. This has occurred even when there appears to be connection between the two. This is mostly happening because developers are not using of are not aware of best practices within platforms. It's like Excel. I can make a lot in Excel, but if my calculations are wrong, it's me that is in the fault, not Excel.

This solution is difficult to scale. We found it challenging to ensure that many more users could use the system without any trouble. Making your low-code application scalable is usually the responsibility of the client, not the platform itself.

We received some technical support onsite, but due to the high cost, the support was no longer available.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Both clients used a traditional coding language and wanted to switch, thinking low-code would be cheaper and have a quicker time to market.

The feedback from our developers was that it was quite hard to set up. The deployment took quite some time because the developers made some code errors or did not use best practices for coding that worked best with Thinkwise. We could bring it down to an hour eventually.

A seperate team investigated 3 low-code platforms and this was considered best suited.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to do thorough research and ask companies who are already using it how their experience has been. I would compare it with Mendix and OutSystems to make sure that you select the best platform available for your business. This should be done always, when considering building a new system. Is the option is think I need compatible for all the features I need?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten

Download our free Rapid Application Development Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Thinkwise, Mendix, OutSystems, and more!
Updated: July 2022