IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is #20 ranked solution in application security solutions. PeerSpot users give Tenable.io Web Application Scanning an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is most commonly compared to Qualys Web Application Scanning: Tenable.io Web Application Scanning vs Qualys Web Application Scanning. Tenable.io Web Application Scanning is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Application Security Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Tenable.io Web Application Scanning?

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning safely, accurately and automatically scans your web applications, providing deep visibility into vulnerabilities and valuable context to prioritize remediation.

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Customers

IMDEX

Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Video

Archived Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good reporting and integration, but it needs a user-friendly dashboard
  • "The most valuable feature is the reporting, which provides a good level of detail with respect to vulnerabilities."
  • "It would be great if there were a dashboard that is more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Tenable.io to scan all of our assets to identify vulnerabilities and determine risk percentages for each.

What is most valuable?

This solution integrates well with other products.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if there were a dashboard that is more user-friendly.

We had some trouble integrating with ZeroNorth that required we contact technical support. This is an area that could be improved.

We are currently running several different scanners and it would be nice to see all of them in one place. For example, Tenable.io is used for assets, whereas we have different solutions for mobile and websites. Having all of these integrated into a single dashboard would be helpful.

I have been using Tenable.io for more than a year.

Application Security Tools
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Tenable Network Security, PortSwigger, Invicti and others in Application Security Tools. Updated: July 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In general, we do not have problems with stability. We did have an instance where the agents went down, but problems only occur once in a while.

The scalability is decent and has not been a problem. We have approximately 50 users.

If this solution continues to work well then we will gradually increase usage to cover all of our assets.

The technical support is responsive and they worked on our problem quickly. That said, it depends on how quickly support is needed. The SLA is one or two days, although that depends on the agreement.

When we contacted support during the integration with ZeroNorth, our agents went down and it took a week to come up again. I think that the response and resolution time from technical support could be improved, which would lead to less downtime.

Overall, I would say that they are responsive.

The pricing is okay.

We evaluated several other products using a proof of concept for each. Tenable.io did well in comparison.

What other advice do I have?

For assets, this is a good product and I recommend it. We have done some other PoCs and in comparison, I think Tenable.io did well.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Security Consultant at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Multi-faceted solution that offers good replication testing and vulnerability assessment
  • "Our customers adopt this solution because of the replication testing and the vulnerability assessment it can do. It is a multi-faceted product."
  • "I would like for them to add proxy filtering, where you can transfer and alter the package. It is fully automated. Other web application testers programs are actually proxy software, and the proxy software gives you the flexibility of modifying the outgoing package, which will actually help you in exploiting any vulnerability in detail."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to add intervening proxy, whereby you can alter the get/put requests. It is fully automated. Other web application testers programs are actually proxy software, and the proxy software gives you the flexibility of modifying the outgoing traffic packets which will actually help you in exploiting any vulnerability in detail.

It is quite stable. We haven't had any bugs.

There is no need to scale, because generally the customers, whenever they scan their applications, they generally take a couple of applications at a time. And Tenable.io is already cloud instituted so you don't have to worry about that aspect.

I never needed to contact support. It is very easy to understand and easy to configure.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

To make it a ten, I would like for there to be more flexibility for the testers.

Download our free Application Security Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Tenable Network Security, PortSwigger, Invicti, and more!
Updated: July 2022