Rajesh-Singh - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO & MD at Gurjartech
A good solution with good stability and good price
  • "It is stable and has a good price. I find it very good."
  • "They need to focus on their SLA or technical support. They also need to focus on their UI. They should also improve their content filtering tool and update it so that correct categories are there. Sometimes, when I want to block an online gaming website, it is not shown under the correct category. It is shown under another category. They need to review their content filtering tool on a bi-weekly or monthly basis and update the sites and categories. This will be really helpful for them."

What is our primary use case?

My client is a BPO with three branches. One branch is in the US, and two branches are in India. We are using Sophos for the best connectivity. We are using Sophos for endpoint, DLP, and encryption. We are also using it for content filtering and managing security policies. Currently, we are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and has a good price. I find it very good.

What needs improvement?

They need to focus on their SLA or technical support. They also need to focus on their UI.

They should also improve their content filtering tool and update it so that correct categories are there. Sometimes, when I want to block an online gaming website, it is not shown under the correct category. It is shown under another category. They need to review their content filtering tool on a bi-weekly or monthly basis and update the sites and categories. This will be really helpful for them.

I have been using this solution for two to three years.

Sophos Intercept X
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I am happy with its stability.

I have not scaled it. Currently, I have only one client who is using it.

They need to work on their SLA or technical support. Their technical support is not as good as Cisco's support.

They get back in one or two hours, which is not good enough for a security or firewall solution. This is because an organization's security and all the outgoing and incoming traffic depends on the firewall. When they take one hour and two hours to provide the support, an organization is in danger during that whole duration. There are many threats on the internet, and they need only five minutes to hack.

We also work with Fortinet, Palo Alto, and Check Point solutions. If a client has Check Point, we work with that. Similarly, if a client has Sophos, we work with Sophos. We have knowledge of different end products. As compared to Cisco ASA, Sophos is good. However, Palo Alto and Check Point are better than Sophos.

If you have more than five years of experience in network security or network administration, it is easy, but if you are a fresher, it is very difficult.

In terms of duration, it takes two days for it to be completely functional in production. Just connecting it doesn't take more than three to four hours.

Price-wise, it is good. Currently, we have a three-year plan.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I find it very good. If you have an experienced engineer with more than five years of experience, you can easily maintain a Sophos solution. An experienced engineer would not require any support and will be capable of handling it. However, if you have someone with two or three years of experience, it will be difficult to handle all the features.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

Victor Bayedo - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Solution Architect at Reliance Industries Ltd
Allows us to achieve synchronized security, whereby we are able to see an automatic isolation of infected devices or compromised devices on the network
  • "The most valuable feature is the anti-ransomware capability. It's been helpful because we have been seeing a lot of information around what the ransomware hit."
  • "The detection and the AI capabilities should be improved upon."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for endpoint protection and particularly against ransomware. There is CryptoGuard capability within Intercept X. They're also competitive, so people actually leverage it to test the environment against ransomware. It also has the capability to send a warning in any attack. Say they want to assist in the environment so that we are able to run a case incident. I know what has happened, what's happening right now, and then probably what we need to be concerned about.

We have used the solution on-premise previously, but we currently use it on cloud.

I'm aware the on-premise is fading out, so I'm migrating other clients that are running companies to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the anti-ransomware capability. It's been helpful because we have been seeing a lot of information around what the ransomware hit. It would have actually hit the environment before it was protected and Sophos was able to prevent it from ruining the environment. Sophos does this with the firewall to be able to achieve synchronized security, whereby we are able to see an automatic isolation of infected devices or compromised devices on the network.

What needs improvement?

The detection and the AI capabilities should be improved upon. I also find it narrow of an attack. Even though we have Sophos running on the network, we still have the system being hit. That was probably because Sophos is not running our data.

Improvement should actually be made on remote capabilities. I would like to see additional features that provide capabilities that show a lot of sources that the attackers are actually making.

I have been using this solution since it was released. We are working with the latest update.

The solution is stable and reliable.

It is easy to scale.

Technical support is good.

Previously, I worked with McAfee. I also have experience using Kaspersky.

McAfee has a component for exploit prevention which works similarly to Intercept X. I've actually seen Intercept X working better than that, especially because in Intercept X you're also leveraging from machine learning.

It's a big issue that there isn't a way to do remote deployment. It's actually difficult because you have to depend on a third party to make sure it actually works. I'm inexperienced on third party use, and it becomes very tedious and almost unmanageable. We have to start helping customers fix their issues at no cost.

The solution requires maintenance, but it is automated.

It's not bad, but compared to competitors, it's a little bit on the high side. The price could be more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10. I would recommend Intercept X to other users.

Sophos Intercept X
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Darshil Sanghvi - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Provides us anti-malware capabilities with additional features
  • "Sophos Intercept X has a host of valuable features, including its anti-malware feature, which we considered key."
  • "Features that should be improved in the upgrade involve the excessive consumption of the the solution's processor, RAM and resources."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is deployed concerning all our users, of which there are between 500 and 600. We utilize it for whoever is making use of our company assets.

What is most valuable?

Sophos Intercept X has a host of valuable features,  which is why we selected it. These include the prevention of lost data, device and web control, and the application level controls with the anti-malware feature. The anti-malware feature was key for us and we benefit from all these other attendant ones.

What needs improvement?

Features that should be improved in the upgrade involve the excessive consumption of the the solution's processor, RAM and resources.

We have often encountered pain points, such as field users having insufficient resources at their disposal. Their system may offer, say, i3 processor or four GB of RAM, and become slow, owing to the large number of features. While it is okay that this results in the system slowing down, it remains a challenge for us, as our users and employees are complaining that it is becoming progressively slower.

In the next release it would be great to also see VPN integrated or in-built in the solution.

We have been deploying Sophos Intercept X for nearly two years.

We have not expanded the solution. As nearly two-and-a-half years have elapsed, the number of users have already been added. We have not increased the number of users in the past year. There is no increase in increment planned for now but, perhaps, there will be in six months' time.

As mentioned, we consider the solution's technical support to be good.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy.

Since prior to using Sophos Intercept X we were using the on-premises solution of Sophos Central, our use has exceeded two years.

The deployment took from five to ten days.

The licensing is annual, which means that we have already procured licenses for three years.

We are happy with the pricing across all Sophos products. Comparatively, the cost is very low.

Prior to going with Sophos Intercept X, we evaluated McAfee, Trend Micro, Seqrite and Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

Sophos Intercept X does not have any specific version. It started out on-premises but is now cloud-based. As such, we are using it on the cloud, meaning, Sophos Intercept X Advanced.

We use EDR for both solutions.

There are currently around 550 to 600 users making use of the solution across our company.

For someone contemplating implementing the solution who is looking for a single product containing many features, Sophos Intercept X is the best available. It has features like web, application, and device control, as well as DLP. For someone solely interested in an anti-malware solution, but without DLP, Sophos Intercept X would be so-so.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X as an eight out of ten.

Head Of Information Security at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up and stable but lacks responsive technical support
  • "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
  • "They don't have the full stack of offerings as compared to the other competitive products that we see."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Sophos as an endpoint protection solution.

What is most valuable?

It's too early for me to really evaluate the solution at this company, as I've only been at the organization for a month. That said, I have used Sophos before.

So far, the protection aspect seems to be good.

I have used Sophos in my previous job and it has been a stable product.

The product scales well.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The challenge with Sophos is whenever there's an escalation to a level 3 or level 4 or a certain kind of important issue, or if you want to reach out to the leadership, it's difficult to do so.

While I've only been at the organization for about one month, it's my understanding that the company has been using the solution for about a year.

The solution is stable. From what I have witnessed, it doesn't crash or freeze and there are no bugs or glitches. Historically, the performance has been good and I've found it to be reliable.

The solution is very scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's not a problem.

We have about 5,000 users on the solution currently.

The support on offer isn't ideal. In terms of the support on offer, for example, if there was a zero-day kind of attack or something, the turnaround time that Sophos offers is not acceptable. They should improve their responsiveness. We are not 100% satisfied.

I've only been at this company for one month and have yet to contact technical support on behalf of this company.

The installation process is very simple and straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult. A company should have any issues handling deployments.

Currently, we are considering other solutions and may move away from this product.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users. The company does not have a business relationship with Sophos.

I cannot speak to the exact version of the solution we're using. My understanding is that we are on whatever the latest version is.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I wouldn't recommend the solution at this time as we are considering going to another solution.

Cliff Matonda - PeerSpot reviewer
System Administrator at Finlays
Cloud-based, very stable, and makes it very easy to manage your endpoints
  • "I like the way it goes beyond the office space. Being a cloud-based solution makes it very easy to manage your endpoints within the office. In this time of COVID, you can also very effectively manage people who are working from home."
  • "I have not done it, but integrating it with authenticating the users on the Windows system looks a bit complicated to me. It could be because I don't understand it."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it on our endpoints. We use it for Windows machines and laptops. They have a server version for the servers.

What is most valuable?

I like the way it goes beyond the office space. Being a cloud-based solution makes it very easy to manage your endpoints within the office. In this time of COVID, you can also very effectively manage people who are working from home.

What needs improvement?

Its installation takes a bit longer for each of the vendors. I don't know whether it is because of the internet connection. I don't know if it is just for me or it is the same for every other user.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. There are around 120 users and devices.

I have never contacted them about this new product. I used to contact them before, and I don't have issues with their technical support. They respond, and their response is good.

We were previously using Sophos Central. It was on-premises, so we migrated from that solution to this solution. It is pretty much the same thing that we were doing before, but now it is cloud-based.

A new device installation is very easy. During installation, when you download the installation file from the web, the registration works so well, but the installation takes a bit longer for each of the vendors. I don't know whether it is because of the internet connection. It looks like it is the web installer that takes longer. I don't know if others have experienced the same issue.

We also had a few challenges during migration. Because we were doing a migration of the site, we wanted just to maintain what we were doing before.

We did it ourselves. I'm part of a larger group, and my colleagues had done its implementation.

We have bought a three-year license.

What other advice do I have?

I would very much recommend this solution. I would rate Sophos Intercept X a nine out of 10.

Dana Bailes - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Administrator at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Useful central management, fantastic technical support, and priced well
  • "The most valuable feature of Sophos Intercept X is cloud management."
  • "Sophos Intercept X could improve on its setup process. They could make it easier to have a baseline set up for the system, or at least provide more understanding of what the baseline is when you first install it. This could be a matter of lack of training on my part, but it's difficult to receive training on solutions that are not Cisco. Cisco is the only vendor with classes or courses."

What is our primary use case?

We use Sophos Intercept X on all of our end-user PCs and servers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Sophos Intercept X is cloud management.

Sophos Intercept X used to be managed through the Sophos UTM, and they moved it. They moved the endpoint security strictly to the cloud, and it is a lot better that way it is more functional. Before all it did was download the software. Now that we have full management of the clients, you can easily update them remotely. There's a lot of additional policy functionality that was not there before. However, sometimes a little too much, but not as much as a solution, such as Cisco.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for approximately six years.

Sophos technical support has always been fantastic. I've never had an issue, they have been great, and they are tremendously helpful. They are very hands-on, and they dive in to help to fix your problem if you need them to.

I have used many other solutions, such as Cisco.

When comparing Cisco to Sophos Intercept X, Cisco solutions are more difficult.

Sophos Intercept X could improve on its setup process. They could make it easier to have a baseline set up for the system, or at least provide more understanding of what the baseline is when you first install it. This could be a matter of lack of training on my part, but it's difficult to receive training on solutions that are not Cisco. Cisco is the only vendor with classes or courses.

When we set it up, we made very few changes from the baseline setup, and mainly that's to allow other software to operate. Sometimes the endpoint security software interferes with your software that needs to be running in addition to the bad software. You have to set up and configure the software and the policies to allow for the software you want to operate.

We typically have one person that does the implementation and maintenance of Sophos Intercept X.

The cost of Sophos Intercept X is reasonable.

I would rate the price of Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others to try the solution, we have had a very good experience with it.

I rate Sophos Intercept X a nine out of ten.

Founder and General Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Stable with good pricing and rather simple to use
  • "The pricing is fair. It's not too costly for our small organization."
  • "It could be a bit easier to implement."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution and we are also reseller of it. We offer it to our clients as well.

We primarily use the solution for security in order to protect our users and our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The simplicity of the product is very good. I'm not a very technical person, therefore, the ease of use is very much appreciated.

Integrations are pretty easy to handle. That's very helpful to us.

The pricing is fair. It's not too costly for our small organization.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of any features that are lacking.

The solution needs to ensure it is keeping up with the latest malware defenses and security advancements.

It could be a bit easier to implement.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years at this point. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution of pretty good. We've never had issues with instability. It's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution can scale. If a company needs to expand it out, it can do so with ease.

We are a relatively small organization. Therefore, we don't have too many people using the solution. There are 20 of us, give or take.

I've never used technical support. I can't speak to their level of knowledge or how quickly they respond.

The initial setup has a moderate amount of difficulty. It's not too hard or too easy.

I'm not sure how long deployment generally takes, however.

The solution isn't too expensive. We're pretty happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We are a small company and we don't use enterprise-class solutions. Our customers are mainly mid-size companies. I am a reseller. However, I do use this solution within our organization.

We're using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure of the exact version number at this time.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. We've been happy with it so far.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Founder, Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
A stable and scalable solution which is easy to install and allows for synchronized protection
  • "One of the best use cases involves synchronized security staff, which allows us to manage both the firewall and the anti-virus features from the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

One of the best use cases involves synchronized security staff, which allows us to manage both the firewall and the anti-virus features from the cloud. They work in tandem with each other. So, if there is any threat detected by the endpoint, it communicates information concerning this change to the firewall. For that particular client, at the firewall, it can update all other endpoints into the network to check if the same threat is visible on any other machine. Then, corrective action can be taken collectively with a single click.

What is most valuable?

We have not encountered any issues involving the solution. A point in its favor is that it has not slowed down our systems, such as occurred with McAfee, Symantec or even Quick Heal. This has been a positive experience for us. Also, the synchronized security, in which things work with each other, provides us with a pretty automated remediation methodology which cuts down on much of the manual steps and workload.

What needs improvement?

At present, the solution meets the needs of our business scale. Perhaps in the future, as we grow and face increased challenges, there would be a need to explore other options.

We've been using Sophos Intercept X for around six months.

The solution is pretty stable.

The solution is, indeed, scalable. As a cloud-based solution, it is all about scalability.

We have yet to encounter a situation in which we had a need to call tech support.

The solution is pretty straightforward and very easy to configure.

Installation took no more than two or three minutes.

We, ourselves, are system integrators and we have a staff of around seven people, consisting of eight engineers and a person who is responsible for the accounts, meaning the support staff.

One can pay for the license annually, or at two and five year intervals.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is cloud-based.

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. So far, so good.

There are roughly 25 people making use of the solution in our organization.

I rate Sophos Intercept X as a ten out of ten.

Download our free Sophos Intercept X Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022