IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ScienceLogic OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ScienceLogic is #1 ranked solution in top Unified Communications Monitoring tools, #3 ranked solution in top Event Monitoring tools, #5 ranked solution in top IT Operations Analytics tools, #7 ranked solution in top AIOps tools, #12 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools, #15 ranked solution in top Cloud Monitoring Software, #22 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools, and #24 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give ScienceLogic an average rating of 10 out of 10. ScienceLogic is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: ScienceLogic vs Dynatrace. ScienceLogic is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is ScienceLogic?

ScienceLogic is the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring for the network of everything. Over 25,000 global service providers, enterprises, and government organizations rely on ScienceLogic to significantly enhance IT efficiency, optimize operations, and ensure business continuity. ScienceLogic is the first monitoring solution to provide a comprehensive view of all IT components through a single pane of glass, whether they reside in a public cloud environment or on-premises. With over 1,500 dynamic management apps and custom dashboarding capabilities, we deliver the scale, resiliency, and automation needed to simplify the constantly evolving task of managing IT resources, services, and applications.

ScienceLogic Customers

Kellogg Company, Booz Allen, Cisco, Red Bull, Fidelus, Telstra, Comcast, CSC, Peak 10, HughesNet, Hosting, Datapipe, US Army, Equinix, Rite Aid, Carbonite, Sybase, Carpathia, AT&T, ePlus, Dimension Data, Virtustream, Boeing, Honeywell

ScienceLogic Video

ScienceLogic Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ScienceLogic pricing:
  • "The pricing model for ScienceLogic could improve."
  • "Its price could be lower, but for what you pay, you got a lot of value from its features and functionalities. Customers always want a discount or a cheaper solution."
  • ScienceLogic Reviews

Senior Infrastructure Architect
    Leaderboard
    Responsive support, high availability, and agentless
    • "I'm satisfied with ScienceLogicfor for what they can offer today because they can offer both serverless connectivity and agent connectivity."

What is our primary use case?

ScienceLogic can be deployed on-premise and on the cloud. It is up to our clients what cloud provider they want to use. They can choose from many of the cloud vendors, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud. Most of our offerings are still using the IBM cloud. We are only using ScienceLogic for infrastructure. It can be for a small account, it could be a large account. Most of our large accounts are Fortune 500 companies. We have some of the large accounts around the globe, which are using ScienceLogic to manage their business.

What is most valuable?

I'm satisfied with ScienceLogicfor for what they can offer today because they can offer both serverless connectivity and agent connectivity.

I have been using ScienceLogic for approximately eight years.

The stability of ScienceLogic is great.
      IT Infrastructure Monitoring
      May 2022
      Find out what your peers are saying about ScienceLogic, LogicMonitor, Nagios and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: May 2022.
      606,596 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have no problem scaling ScienceLogic.

The support that ScienceLogic offers is very good and responsive.

The initial implementation of ScienceLogic is straightforward because often we use our cloud services and the only thing we need to do is add collectors on the client's environment and then connect into the cloud offering. The installation of the collectors and making them connected to the network into the servers that we have on top of the cloud is not complex.

The pricing model for ScienceLogic could improve.

We decided to use ScienceLogic instead of IBM tool monitoring which we evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

The benefit for ScienceLogic is they are agentless. This is one of the most benefits of using ScienceLogic. You often don't need to install any agents. When we used other solutions the agents caused us some delays in progress. I rate ScienceLogic a nine out of ten.

IBM
      Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
      It is stable and very easy to configure
      • "It is very easy to configure because we are using an agent-less version. You can very quickly implement a collector for monitoring device servers."
      • "It doesn't have the complete application-level topology. It could have service topology and business service monitoring. I would like to see how business service monitoring will function with agent-based installation, and how flexible and business-oriented it is for service modeling and service infrastructure. I have a lot of experience in using business service monitoring, service topology, and service hierarchy functionalities in similar products from BMC and Micro Focus (OpenView), and I want to see how these functionalities will look like in ScienceLogic."

What is our primary use case?

We are using ScienceLogic primarily for monitoring our infrastructure, a few specific services like Citrix, and a few websites and their publication. We have private cloud deployments as well as on-premises deployments.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to configure because we are using an agent-less version. You can very quickly implement a collector for monitoring device servers.

What needs improvement?

It doesn't have the complete application-level topology. It could have service topology and business service monitoring.

I would like to see how business service monitoring will function with agent-based installation, and how flexible and business-oriented it is for service modeling and service infrastructure. I have a lot of experience in using business service monitoring, service topology, and service hierarchy functionalities in similar products from BMC and Micro Focus (OpenView), and I want to see how these functionalities will look like in ScienceLogic.

We have been using ScienceLogic in our company for four to five years.

It is stable.

Scalability looks fine, but we didn't have to extend it so far. We haven't looked at our possibilities regarding scalability.

We have opened tickets, and their technical support has always resolved them successfully.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Its price could be lower, but for what you pay, you got a lot of value from its features and functionalities. Customers always want a discount or a cheaper solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ScienceLogic a ten out of ten. It is a pretty good and well-done product.

Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about ScienceLogic, LogicMonitor, Nagios, and more!
      Updated: May 2022