IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAS Visual Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAS Visual Analytics is #4 ranked solution in top Data Visualization tools. PeerSpot users give SAS Visual Analytics an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. SAS Visual Analytics is most commonly compared to Tableau: SAS Visual Analytics vs Tableau. SAS Visual Analytics is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
SAS Visual Analytics Buyer's Guide

Download the SAS Visual Analytics Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is SAS Visual Analytics?

SAS Visual Analytics is a data visualization tool that is used for reporting, data exploration, and analytics. The solution enables users - even those without advanced analytical skills - to understand and examine patterns, trends, and relationships in data. SAS Visual Analytics makes it easy to create and share reports and dashboards that monitor business performance. By using the solution, users can handle, understand, and analyze their data in both past and present fields, as well as influence vital factors for future changes. SAS Visual Analytics is most suitable for larger companies with complex needs.

SAS Visual Analytics Features

SAS Visual Analytics has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Data
  • Location analytics
  • Security and administration
  • In-memory engine

SAS Visual Analytics Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing SAS Visual Analytics. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Machine learning and natural language: SAS Visual Analytics uses machine learning and natural language explanations to find, visualize, and narrate stories and insights that are easy to understand and explain. This enables you to find out why something happened, examine all options, and uncover opportunities hidden deep in your data.
  • Easy and efficient reporting: With SAS Visual Analytics, you can create interactive reports and dashboards so you can quickly summarize key performance metrics and share them via the web and mobile devices.
  • Easy to use: SAS Visual Analytics was designed to be easy to use. Its easy-to-use predictive analytics enables even business analysts to assess possible outcomes, which also helps organizations make smarter, data-driven decisions.
  • Self-service data: Self-service data preparation gives users the ability to import their own data, join tables, create calculated columns, apply data quality functions, and more. In turn, the solution empowers users to access, combine, clean, and prepare their own data in an agile way, which helps facilitate faster, broader adoption of analytics for your entire organization.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the SAS Visual Analytics solution.

A Senior Manager at a consultancy says, “The solution is very stable. The scalability is good. The usability is quite good. It's quite easy to learn and to progress with SAS from an end-user perspective.

PeerSpot user Robert H., Co-owner at Hecht und Heck GmbH, comments, “What I really love about the software is that I have never struggled in implementing it for complex business requirements. It is good for highly sophisticated and specialized statistics in the areas that some people tend to call artificial intelligence. It is used for everything that involves visual presentation and analysis of highly sophisticated statistics for forecasting and other purposes.

Andrea D., Chief Technical Officer at Value Partners, explains, “The best feature is that SAS is not a single BI tool. Rather, it is part of an ecosystem of tools, such as tools that help a user to develop artificial intelligence, algorithms, and so on. SAS is an ecosystem. It's an ecosystem of products. We've found the product to be stable and reliable. The scalability is good.”

SAS Visual Analytics was previously known as SAS BI.

SAS Visual Analytics Customers

Staples, Ausgrid, Scotiabank, the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Oklahoma Gas & Electric, Xcel Energy, and Triad Analytics Solutions.

SAS Visual Analytics Video

SAS Visual Analytics Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAS Visual Analytics pricing:
  • "It's approximately $114,000 US dollars per year."
  • "Visual Analytics is expensive for a small company like mine. You also need to deploy it on a server or cloud, so you pay for the license as well as the cost of the cloud or the server that you will deploy on."
  • "$10,000 per annum for an enterprise license."
  • "The cost of the solution can be expensive. There is an additional cost for users."
  • SAS Visual Analytics Reviews

Senior Manager at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
    Easy to learn and use with good scalability potential
    • "It's quite easy to learn and to progress with SAS from an end-user perspective."
    • "The installation process can be a bit complex."

What is our primary use case?

We usually use SAS more from an ETL perspective.

We implement projects with these technologies, however, at the end of the day, the client is purchasing those technologies. We do not purchase these technologies, we just use them in projects.

We are all always end-users. Although we are not using it, we are implementing it for the end-users. We are using the tools.

Essentially we use the product a lot for ETL, for extracting, transforming, and loading data from one data structure to the others. We also use it a lot for reporting purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is good.

The usability is quite good. It's quite easy to learn and to progress with SAS from an end-user perspective.

What needs improvement?

Regarding performance, they have some issues. They have always had some issues there. They are better, however, still, there are some issues around performance.

The installation process can be a bit complex.

I've been using the solution for more than ten years at this point. It's been over a decade. We've used it for a while.

SAS Visual Analytics
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about SAS Visual Analytics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. However, the performance is something that needs to be looked at.

SAS is the kind of platform that if you are a power user and you know how to use, it's good and most probably you'll just bypass these performance issues. However, as SAS is used quite a lot by business users, at the end of the day, they don't do it as it should be done from a technical perspective, and then they just have some performance issues there.

I would say most probably the problem is more about the end-user who is using the platform, however, at the end of the day, there are bottlenecks.

The scalability of the product is very good.

In our organization, we have at least ten to 20 consultants that have some knowledge of SAS. We have more than ten customers that use SAS.

The technical support is good enough. I don't think it's excellent, however, it is good enough.

SAS has a lot of clients here in Portugal. Oracle does as well. Those are two good platforms here.

In terms of deployment, it is not quite a straightforward installation. It's still a little bit complex to install SAS.

That said, from a support perspective, at least, we don't have complaints. They are there and they support us throughout the process if we need assistance.

I'm not so technical that I could comment in detail about the deployment itself. It depends on the solution that you are using from SAS. If you are just installing, for instance, the SAS Enterprise Guide or Data Integration Studio, it does not take more than one week and you are good to go. If you are installing other packages, more complex packages like Data Management and so on, it could be longer. SAS is quite a big landscape. It's difficult to comment on SAS as they are quite a generic provider. They have everything from data to campaign management. We used them a lot in the past. It's quite a big portfolio that you can install from this platform. Therefore, to properly calculate deployment times you need to find out which package you are trying to use from SAS and if there are different challenges within those implementations based on your business.

How big of a team you need for deployment also depends on the project, as we always look at it from, if we are a service provider once again, the size of the project. In a very big utility company, we need a lot of technical team members. If we are implementing SAS just for doing some ETL stuff in a small insurance company, we just need one guy, probably. It's difficult to calculate without parameters o base an estimate on.

Customers do have to pay for a license, as well as for Enterprise Guide, Data Integrations Studio, and so on. I do not recall any project without paying for some sort of SAS solution unless you are just implementing a small POC. That can happen. Once the POC is over and the company goes into the production environment, they need to pay.

What other advice do I have?

Usually, we use the on-premises deployment, however, it can also be deployed in the cloud as far as I know.

I would recommend the solution to others. It's a platform that I really enjoy. We, from a company perspective, always recommend SAS. It has quite an interesting portfolio.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Renato Vazamin - PeerSpot reviewer
    Associate Director at B3
    Single environment for multiple phases saves us time, and has good visualizations
    • "I believe that the possibilities for exploring data and formulating visual results are quite good because it allows the business analyst to have different perspectives on the data."
    • "There is room for improvement in anti-money laundering prevention and operation monitoring, as well as operation monitoring surveillance."

What is our primary use case?

We use SAS Visual Analytics for an operation monitoring process to detect operations that do not feed into the required patterns.  Visual Analytics explores the results.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, the analyst had to move the data from one solution to another because the previous solution lacked a visual interface for data exploration.

With SAS Visual Analytics, they can now complete the entire process within the same environment, eliminating the need to spend time moving data from one solution to another.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, I'm not sure what additional features we would like included, perhaps in a year's time, we'll have more, or, in six months, we'll have more data to propose new features.

The stability could be improved.

I have been using SAS Visual Analytics for six months.

It's in the public cloud as an IAS implementation hosted by Amazon.

It takes a lot of effort to stabilize. We need to change some hardware and configurations to stabilize the solution. It is currently not as stable as we would like.

We have not yet tested the scalability of this solution. But I believe that because it is an IAS implementation, we can improve through hardware.

In my opinion, it is not as scalable as other solutions we have in our company.

We began deploying or using the platform in two lines of business, but we have three more to bring to the platform.

The technical support here in Brazil is not really that great. I would rate it a two out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We had that solution installed previously in another solution, Selvaya, but I don't think we used it at the time. We are now using SAS Detect Investigation as a complementary solution, in which we have part of the process, use a gene, SAS collects information and identifies some business situations, and the business guys use Visual Analytics to explore the results of the process.

We previously used the FICO platform, but we switched because FICO's pricing was not scalable. Bringing more data or workloads to the platform required a significant investment in order to scale.

We needed to change because we have a lot of data to process every day. FICO was also a little more complicated than SAS Visual Analytics.

I would rate the initial setup a three because it is a little bit complex to implement, to stabilize the solution.

The deployment took almost nine months.

We have a team of three people to maintain this solution.

We used the professional services from SAS Visual Analytics.

It's challenging because it's an OPEX cost. It is an operational process, and it is difficult to quantify. We are trying to be more efficient, and once that is accomplished, we will have a clear picture of how we can reduce our operational costs in this activity.

We are currently renewing the subscription.

It's approximately $114,000 US dollars per year.

I would rate the pricing a three out of five.

We have the cloud price to maintain the solution, as well.

What other advice do I have?

I believe they should explore their architecture further with SAS, specifically the architecture implementation. When we talk about servers, the distribution of the component through the servers, we sometimes needed to change that, and I believe SAS should have that more major to implement, it would demand less time from the client.

I would rate SAS Visual Analytics an eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    SAS Visual Analytics
    July 2022
    620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Robert Heck - PeerSpot reviewer
    Co Owner at Hecht und Heck GmbH
    A great solution for big organizations, complex business requirements, and highly sophisticated and specialized statistics
    • "What I really love about the software is that I have never struggled in implementing it for complex business requirements. It is good for highly sophisticated and specialized statistics in the areas that some people tend to call artificial intelligence. It is used for everything that involves visual presentation and analysis of highly sophisticated statistics for forecasting and other purposes."
    • "There are a few little things that are predefined and can be done out of the box immediately. There is no business intelligence application that is predefined, which is something some customers or prospects would love to have. Small and mid-sized companies would struggle with it because they prefer something standard that has been predefined by somebody else."

What is our primary use case?

I'm an implementation partner of SAS Institute. I implement SAS solutions for the customers. I implement planning and business intelligence suites based on the SAS Institute's software range. SAS Financial Management, SAS Corporate Performance Management, and SAS Visual Analytics are some of the products that I implement. Currently, I am implementing a SAS product for two of my customers with my people.

SAS Visual Analytics is used for visual BI or analytics. It is currently available on-premises and on the cloud. SAS Institute plans to have it preferably on the cloud in the future, but they have a very large existing customer base that is used to working with the on-prem version. SAS provides their own cloud space, and they also support some well-known cloud platforms.

What is most valuable?

What I really love about the software is that I have never struggled in implementing it for complex business requirements. It is good for highly sophisticated and specialized statistics in the areas that some people tend to call artificial intelligence. It is used for everything that involves visual presentation and analysis of highly sophisticated statistics for forecasting and other purposes.

What needs improvement?

For instance the system does not come with a pre-defined accounting, budgeting or planning model for a particular industry. Some competitors come with such a model (e.g. for retail companies) which makes the implementation of course easier if the customer can comproise with this predefined model.
    SAS does not provide such models but does not demand customers to comply with a foreign business model.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is highly stable, but it also depends on the complexity of the environment.

It is highly scalable. It is a great tool for big organizations. By big organizations, I don't mean a multi-multi-billion international company. One of my favorite customers is a big, independent car dealer in Germany. The company is not huge, but they have an annual turnover of one and a half billion euros. A company of this size would have special requirements that you will never get in any precooked or out-of-the-box solution. Small and mid-sized companies would struggle with it because they prefer something predefined or precooked.

For everything technical, they do a very good job. For anything related to the business area that requires more business knowledge, it can be difficult because they are more technology-oriented. From my experience, this is the case with everybody in this field. Too many people who implement such systems tend to focus on the technology and on the tools rather than on the business.

It is a visual analytics product. It used to be quite complex, but it has changed in the past years. It's getting easier and easier. Like every product that has a long-lasting history and with a supplier who is aiming at long-lasting customer relationships—meaning that a customer can rely on the software irrespective of the age of the software and will always get something new—it is something that is going to be complex in an existing environment. In newer environments or for new customers, it's easier and cheaper.

For its implementation, sometimes, we collaborate with SAS Institute, and sometimes, we do it on our own. Sometimes, we have also been hired by SAS Institute. They hire us because we are a consulting company with high knowledge of the business that the customers are doing.

Usually, between 0.5 to 2 people are enough for its implementation. Once the system is set up, it doesn't require many people for maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

AndreaD'Orio - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Technical Officer at Value Partners
    Reliable and offers an ecosystem of tools but can get expensive
    • "We've found the product to be stable and reliable."
    • "The licensing ends up being more expensive than other options."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution data warehousing and business intelligence.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is that SAS is not a single BI tool. Rather, it is part of an ecosystem of tools, such as tools that help a user to develop artificial intelligence, algorithms, and so on. SAS is an ecosystem. It's an ecosystem of products.

We've found the product to be stable and reliable.

The scalability is good.

What needs improvement?

The web part could be better in terms of the interface. If we compare SAS with Power BI, Power BI is a long step far from SAS on the web tool, web interface. It's easier to develop a dashboard with Power BI for the web, than SAS for the web. It's some steps behind Power BI, from this point of view.

The preliminary setup is complex.

The licensing ends up being more expensive than other options.

From a technical point of view, they should improve the list of data stores supported. A lot of new data stores, new, innovative data stores, such as Hive, HBase, Druid, and so on, are not directly supported by SAS.

We've used SAS in not more than three projects so far. It's difficult for us as we don't use it for low tier. We'll use it for a project, then, perhaps one year later, for another project, and so on.

It would be quite impossible for me to answer how long we use it as it's sporadic, according to projects. We respond to our customers with the tool that they use, not that we use. If they use SAS, we use SAS.

The stability is quite good. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable. It doesn't suddenly crash or freeze.

Scalability isn't an issue. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We've never used technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

We developed a lot of projects about business intelligence on Power BI for our customers. Power BI is easier to use on the web and it's easier to develop dashboards with it.

Microsoft BI, from a licensing point of view, is easier. It's a per-user license. Power BI is the right tool for companies that want a small time to market, a shorter time to market approach to business intelligence.

The initial setup could be improved. It's complex to use, it's not an easy-to-approach tool.

The product is expensive. From our point of view, from a consultant's point of view, it's quite expensive due to the fact that, compared to other products, such as Power BI, it's a more complex license model and it's more expensive in the end.

What other advice do I have?

We are a consultant company and therefore we use many tools for our customers in order to achieve the final project result, however, we do not use this kind of software internally. We always have professional services on, for example, Microsoft Power BI and so on.

While we have a partnership relationship with Microsoft, we don't have any relation with SAS.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten overall.

Dr. Salah Alnajem - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder and CEO at Information Age Consulting
    It's easy to create infographics and dashboards, but total cost of ownership is high compared to other solutions
    • "Visual Analytics is very easy to use. I use Visual Analytics for all the typical use cases except text mining. I used it to analyze data and monitor statistics, not text mining. I also use it for data visualization as well as creating interactive dashboards and infographics."
    • "The deployment isn't smooth. Deploying Visual Analytics on the cloud takes a lot of work, or you can use some providers that give you SAS as a service. For example, there is a provider called SaasNow. They host SAS Visual Analytics and the license. You can buy the license and deploy it there without the hassle of installation because deploying the software isn't easy."

What is our primary use case?

I use Visual Analytics for all the typical use cases except text mining. I used it to analyze data and monitor statistics, not text mining. I also use it for data visualization as well as creating interactive dashboards and infographics.

What is most valuable?

Visual Analytics is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Visual Analytics doesn't allow machine learning and predictive analysis. You have to license another product from SAS for this. This was an issue because I had to pay extra to buy other products to get these capabilities. It can mainly be used for data analysis and visualization, but I can't do machine learning and creative analysis without buying an additional product.

I would like it if SAS could provide Visual Analytics as a SaaS, so  I don't need to install it and I could use it as a service on their servers, like Salesforce or Tableau.

We started using Visual Analytics about a year ago.

Visual Analytics is stable if you deploy it correctly, but it's completely unstable if there is an error in deployment.

SAS technical support is magnificent.

The deployment isn't smooth. Deploying Visual Analytics on the cloud takes a lot of work, or you can use some providers that give you SAS as a service. For example, there is a provider called SaasNow. They host SAS Visual Analytics and the license. You can buy the license and deploy it there without the hassle of installation because deploying the software isn't easy.

I deployed Visual Analytics twice. The first time I used SaasNow. That was too expensive, so I deployed it myself on Amazon Web Services. I used some instructions about a container that I can use to deploy it on Amazon Web Services. SAS provided the container, making life easier for me when I deployed it on Amazon Web Services. That made it easier to implement instead of implementing myself from scratch.

I don't think the return on investment is high when I factor in the cost of additional components like text mining and machine learning. I can get similar benefits in other products like Tableau or Zoho Analytic. It's mainly used for data visualization and data analytics, so I can use Tableau in this case for a fraction of the price or Zoho Analytics.

Visual Analytics is expensive for a small company like mine. You also need to deploy it on a server or cloud, so you pay for the license as well as the cost of the cloud or the server that you will deploy on.

Moreover, it doesn't include all capabilities out of the box. You have to buy other plugins or components to use some features. For example, you have to buy SAS Visual Text Analytics if you want to use text mining, and you have to purchase another component if you want to use predictive mining with machine learning.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAS Visual Analytics seven out of 10. I have to be careful when I rate. If I'm rating purely based on features, I would give it a nine. However, if I'm factoring in cost and return on investment, I have to lower this to seven overall.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Director of Data Services at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
    Very powerful, relatively simple to create basic dashboards and reports
    • "It's relatively simple to create basic dashboards and reports."
    • "There is a need for coding when it comes to digital reporting which can be intimidating."

What is our primary use case?

We are a non-profit educational organization and the primary use case is for building dashboards and reports to display basic post-secondary data that we either collect for ourselves or that is publicly available. In-house data is in a database and the publicly available data is on spreadsheets with dashboards based on those spreadsheets. We are customers of SAS and I'm the director of data services.

What is most valuable?

It's an easy to use solution, it's relatively simple to create basic dashboards and reports. It's also a very powerful solution, although I haven't accessed all the features. With regard to dashboards, it's pretty easy to pick up and use the basic functioning. We built a database and we wanted to be able to use the dashboards for that, and it worked very smoothly. This solution looks like other visual analytics software and from what I've seen, it looks and feels very similar to Power BI or Tableau. If you're transferring from one software application to another, it should be fairly easy.

What needs improvement?

The powerful nature of SAS can sometimes work to its detriment, because there is a need for coding when it comes to digital reporting and that's a little overwhelming or intimidating for some of my coworkers. They're features that not all solutions have. Our biggest frustration with the solution is not being able to easily embed things on our website. That's become more important for us and we're trying to work with SAS support to be able to do that. There's a lot of back and forth, but they're willing to help. Adoption of the software has been difficult because people automatically assume that it's going to be more difficult than it is. People want to be able to create dashboards very quickly and get them on the website as fast as possible so they'll do it with Tableau, and SAS doesn't work that way. SAS deals more with those wanting to create dashboards based on a database.

We've been using this solution in our organization for the past six years.

The technical support is good.

I wasn't around for the initial setup but we recently went through an upgrade. I expressed our need to do this quickly and efficiently, and that we had no time to waste because we were trying to get something out, and SAS assigned us a team to move things forward quickly.

We pay a little over $10,000 for an annual enterprise license. It gives us an unlimited number of users but we're questioning whether it's worth the cost if we can't get users on board. There is some tech support included in that, but it's minimal. If we require upgrading or we're having some specific troubleshooting issues like embedding the analytics, we get charged for it.

We've done some cost comparisons and informally gathering information with regard to SAS Viya, Power BI and Tableau. They would all cost us around $100,000. With Tableau we would probably need the server, which means we would have to buy servers so it's quite a big price difference.

What other advice do I have?

If it suits your needs, I would recommend taking a look at SAS, particularly if you're working with sensitive data. We've developed some dashboards and reports, but we haven't used SAS to its fullest potential.

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Rajesh Upadhyay - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Manager at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Effective data handling, flexible, and overall operates well
    • "Data handling is one of the best features of SAS Visual Analytics."
    • "The visualization should be better in SAS Visual Analytics. It is easy to use but when compared to other solutions it is lacking and the support is not very good."

What is our primary use case?

We are using an on-premise version of SAS Visual Analytics and we soon are moving to the cloud.

I'm in the insurance sector, and there are lots of use cases for SAS Visual Analytics. The reporting tool can be used for multiple use cases. We are using it extensively.

How has it helped my organization?

If you are monitoring the sales in a daily manner, by using SAS Visual Analytics it would have improved. It's a reporting tool, and the tool will give you insights into where you are going wrong and where you are right. It gives you the information to where you can improve. It is very good for the reporting process.

What is most valuable?

Data handling is one of the best features of SAS Visual Analytics.

You have the flexibility to design your data models and overall it is a good tool.

What needs improvement?

The visualization should be better in SAS Visual Analytics. It is easy to use but when compared to other solutions it is lacking and the support is not very good.

The updates of the system take too much time and they charge a fee to upgrade.

In terms of visualization, SAS Visual Analytics it's stronger than Tableau and Microsoft BI, but they should improve their objects, the custom graphs, and the support. They don't have any object create case support from the SAS Visual Analytics. If you work with Microsoft BI, they have different solutions, they have different teams for support on the object. If you want to see different objects, you can request them, they can create and they can send them to the library. It's a very good thing for the Microsoft BI, but not for the SAS Visual Analytics.

I have used SAS Visual Analytics for approximately six years.

I have found the solution stable.

SAS Visual Analytics is scalable for users. However, the cost is a little high to justify it.

We have approximately 300 users using the solution. We have internal team members, sales members, and management using it.

I have used Microsoft BI and Tableau.

The implementation has many sections. The administrator section is very complex. The data management, it's very good, but the visualization is not good. The only complexity is the management.

The full process took approximately five days.

We used a consultant that does the implementation of the solution. They were very good and had five years of experience.

We have an internal team that manages this solution. I have a large team to design the reports. There are four to five people who are developing, two people for the requirement gathering, and two people for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

You will mainly focus on the data transformation layer in SAS Visual Analytics. You have to work a lot on the data transformation, during this activity you will learn a lot about the data itself. This was a very good thing for me that I learned with SAS Visual Analytics.

I rate SAS Visual Analytics an eight out of ten.

Senior Manager: ICT Compliance at Department of Public Service and Administration
    Agile, effective, and easy to use
    • "The product is stable, reliable, and scalable."
    • "The reason we haven't rolled it out across the board is due to the fact that the licensing is so expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We use the product for reporting. When we do reporting, we start with the data collection and also integrate that data into one source, the different packets of data. Then, we have one dashboard and have reports for different data sources.

We also do analysis.

What is most valuable?

It doesn't require human intervention. When you were designing your databases, if you've designed them in a correct manner, everything is automated and you don't have to worry about anything.

Everything we want out of this solution we get in terms of the user requirements, and features. Everything is available to us.

It's also user-friendly.

The product is stable, reliable, and scalable.

Technical support is very quick to respond when we need their help.

What needs improvement?

If the cost could be a bit lower, we'd give it perfect marks. The reason we haven't rolled it out across the board is due to the fact that the licensing is so expensive.

We started using the solution in 2020, however, it was a pilot. The full use started in 2021.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable and the performance is good.

The solution can scale well. It's not an issue.

We have less than 20 people licensing on the solution due to the licensing implications. They're a mix of IT and business people.

Technical support is great. They are fast. This is due to the fact that we have a service level agreement with the SAS team.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We had a proof of concept and evaluated it against other solutions. This was the one that met our business requirements. That's why it was chosen.

The initial setup took us about six weeks. We had capacity issues. The people dealing with it had limited resources in terms of dealing with the setup. We only had so many people that were skilled.

I'm not sure if the process was easy or difficult, however. I never asked my colleagues for their opinion. I wasn't part of the initial implementation process.

While I don't have exact licensing details. I do understand that we pay an annual licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and end-user.

Our IT mostly handles the solution and therefore I'm not sure which version we're on. I assume it is the latest and is automatically updated. We're on an enterprise version.

I'd advise potential new users to first pilot it and also ensure that you are clear about your business requirements before starting out. It will help make things go more smoothly.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten due to its agility and also in terms of its effectiveness. It's not a complicated app to use.

Hybrid Cloud
    Download our free SAS Visual Analytics Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022