IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Implementation Engineer at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Useful reports, customizable workflows, and feature rich
  • "The most valuable features of SailPoint IdentityIQ are the reporting because it is better than other solutions. The workflows can be customized to our requirements and the overall features are good."
  • "If you compare Saviynt and Okta Workforce Identity versus SailPoint IdentityIQ, SailPoint IdentityIQ needs to improve its UI."

What is our primary use case?

SailPoint IdentityIQ is used for reporting and identity, account, and access management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of SailPoint IdentityIQ are the reporting because it is better than other solutions. The workflows can be customized to our requirements and the overall features are good.

What needs improvement?

If you compare Saviynt and Okta Workforce Identity versus SailPoint IdentityIQ, SailPoint IdentityIQ needs to improve its UI.

I have been using SailPoint IdentityIQ for approximately four years.
SailPoint IdentityIQ
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,336 professionals have used our research since 2012.

When using SailPoint IdentityIQ you need to tell them the capacity you want, and they will provide the solution with the appropriate license. For example, you have to tell them initially that you will have 50,000 users using the solution then they will tell you how much service you will need to deploy.

The technical support is not very good but it is good. They can improve.

I have previously used Saviynt and Okta Workforce Identity.

The initial setup of SailPoint IdentityIQ is easy. The time of deployment can take approximately two days.

We did the implementation of SailPoint IdentityIQ in-house.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is if you are new to the identity access management world, and you are starting with SailPoint IdentityIQ, you have the best tool in your hand to start with. You can receive complete exposure to all the types of operations or workflows. I rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Security Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Offers file access control with many integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We have a central server and use SailPoint to provide us access to all user/admin accounts/files. There are a lot of integration options that we have not taken advantage of yet - it is possible that in the future, a customer will want to integrate their HR system with SailPoint.

What is most valuable?

This solution is great for providing control access across your environment.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the next release to have a more user-friendly interface.

This is a stable solution that is widely used because it is dominant within the industry.

This solution can be expanded so I would say that it is scalable. The solution can accommodate thousands of users, there are maybe sixty of seventy thousand users within my organization.

Technical support is good.

This solution takes a long tome to deploy, but it is not complex to setup. A medium-scale deployment will take you about one year.

The system requires about ten to fifteen people to maintain from various teams i.e. active directory, access management, security etc.

You are able to get discounts if you plan to use the tool for the long-term i.e. discounts for 5+ years of usage.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone looking into it and would rate it an eight out of ten.

SailPoint IdentityIQ
June 2022
610,336 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solution Architect – Identity and Access Management , Platform services at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable with a good concept and design, but it is too technical and needs more connectors and better pricing
  • "The basic concept is most valuable. I like how they have designed the solution. They create an Identity Cube, and then they do all the processes and configuration around the Identity Cube."
  • "It is too technical. You need really good technical skills in Java and other technologies, which are hard to find. If they can make it easier so that things can be done with a few clicks, it will be great."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate onboarding and offboarding processes.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It is too technical. You need really good technical skills in Java and other technologies, which are hard to find. If they can make it easier so that things can be done with a few clicks, it will be great.

It should also have more standard connectors. Its price should also be reduced.

I have been using this solution for more than 15 years.

It is surely stable.

It is scalable.

I have not interacted with their technical support.

Its initial setup is not straightforward. No identity management solution is straightforward.

It is a costly solution. Its cost, for sure, should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use a non-Microsoft application, then, for sure, go with SailPoint, but if your use cases are only using Microsoft applications, then go with Microsoft.

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a seven out of 10.

Product Development Lead at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Identity Access Management tool that allows our company to ensure the right team members have access to the right platforms at the right time
  • "SailPoint has allowed us to ensure the right people have the right access and to the rights things."
  • "The UI of the solution could be more customizable so we could change the workflows to suit our needs."

What is our primary use case?

We use Identity IQ for user onboarding, offboarding, profile management and to manage user access across various platforms in our organization.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The prices could be slightly reduced to match other products in the market.

The UI of the solution could be more customizable so we could change the workflows to suit our needs.  There is not much customization offered in SailPoint connectors. We had to customize the out-of-the-box connector to meet our needs and keep track of this customization for future upgrades.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

This is a stable solution.

We moved from Oracle Identity Manager to SailPoint and the initial setup was not straightforward. It took two to three days and was done is small steps.

We implemented the solution in-house but received assistance leading up to the implementation from a third party company for three months.

What other advice do I have?

From the backend perspective, when we have needed certain functionality and it has not been possible within the solution, we have reached out to SailPoint for assistance.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Software Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Very good support and valuable Certifications and User Provisioning features
  • "Certifications and user provisioning features are the most valuable."
  • "The UI needs to be more user friendly. More concentration on historical policy violations would be great. In terms of new features, I would like to see artificial intelligence and machine language added."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for lifecycle management. We have joiner, leaver, rehire, and termination as well as user provisioning. We also do certifications and reporting.

What is most valuable?

Certifications and user provisioning features are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The UI needs to be more user friendly. More concentration on historical policy violations would be great.

In terms of new features, I would like to see artificial intelligence and machine language added.

I have been using SailPoint IdentityIQ for ten years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have 15 users in our organization.

SailPoint support is very good.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment was okay.

I used an in-house team.

SailPoint is higher in price as compared to Saviynt. The initial cost of SailPoint is very high. There are additional costs to the standard licensing fees.

I didn't evaluate previously, but I am currently evaluating Saviynt and IdentityNow.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten. I am happy with it.

MB10 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers
Identity and access management system that offers stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution predominantly for the leaver process.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

The mover process for this solution could be improved.

We have used this solution for six months.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

The initial setup is straightforward. This took one week.

We have a monthly subscription for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Download our free SailPoint IdentityIQ Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022