We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Parallels Access OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Parallels Access is #16 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. PeerSpot users give Parallels Access an average rating of 8 out of 10. Parallels Access is most commonly compared to Microsoft Remote Desktop Services: Parallels Access vs Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is Parallels Access?
Parallels Access is a fast, simple, and reliable remote access software that allows you to connect to your computer from anywhere. Parallels Access can access all your applications, files, and computers.

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Parallels Access Customers
Gilt Groupe K.K.
Parallels Access Video

Parallels Access Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Parallels Access pricing:
"The licensing costs are about $100 per user."

Parallels Access Reviews

Binish Parikh
Vice President at ARK Infosolutions Pvt Ltd
Reseller
Easy remote deployment, very stable and easy to scale
  • "It's great that the total deployment can happen completely remotely."
  • "One challenge we do notice is that the application is limited to Windows servers only. If a customer has a Linux server, things get complicated. They should open it up a bit to be more compatible with different types of servers."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote access.

We are selling the product, and we have a system integrator and channel partners, with whom we are building around this. We also have technical capabilities to support the customers.

Right now, whatever we are doing, it's primarily for either your CAD applications or ERP applications which clients want to use remotely. There are certain academic institutes as well that would need this kind of access. Their applications are more from a CAD perspective, and we are exploring more options right now as we diversify our customer base.

What is most valuable?

What seems to be the most valuable from the customer side is the ease of operation, and the overall experience they have.

It's great that the total deployment can happen completely remotely.

It's an easy solution for customers to pick up and use from day one.

The publishing aspect of the solution is great. Different users can publish applications based on requests, which they couldn't previously do via their VPN. It's easy for them to pick up and publish and then give rights to whomever they choose.

What needs improvement?

We're just getting used to the solution. We've only been on it for two to three months. We're still learning everything, so it's hard to say if there's anything lacking.

We have been signed up with the solution as the distributor in India and we've been working with them for the last two to three months now.

Our impression so far is that stability is quite good. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches. We haven't had any crashes of the system. It's been very reliable.

Scalability is very simple. If somebody wants to add licenses, it can be done on Slack. That's how simple it is. We had a customer, for example, who bought 50 licenses, and then he wanted to add another 20. That was done very, very seamlessly. If an organization needs to scale, it's a very quick process.

We have a lot of local expertise. For that reason, we've never found a need to reach out to technical support. We've been able to manage in-house just fine if problems arise. We do have access to their marketing team that offers us a lot of support, however, that's more sales related and not so much about troubleshooting problems.

The solution is deployed through remote access only. We don't need to be present. We get access to the server from the customer side, and then we are able to install it, and to implement the solution also.

The deployment is very easy. It only takes a few hours at most to deploy everything. If the customer knows the requirements well, deployment can be even easier and go even faster. If they are unsure of their requirements the process will move a bit more slowly. Otherwise, it's safe to say it's straightforward and not really complex.

We have three people on the technical side and they handle any necessary maintenance. You don't need a big team to handle things. We work with our channel partners in terms of building their own technical capacity.

The licensing costs are about $100 per user.

What other advice do I have?

We are a product distributor. We're an official distributor of Parallels in India.

The solution is very easy to use, and as long as a company gets their requirements right, they shouldn't have any problems. Implementation is easy too. Companies shouldn't be afraid to try it out.

Overall, so far, we've not had many challenges. I don't see any reason for having any challenges at this point in time. We get support from the marketing team of Parallels. They have a wonderful setup. Their process is very good. We get phenomenal help when we need it from the marketing team when we need assistance with clients.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten as we haven't faced any challenges at all. We've been quite satisfied with the product.

Nima Nazaralipour
Technical Director at Fara Computer
Next generation of virtual apps and virtual desktops

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for hardware resource save and for sending centralized management.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the reporting.

I have been using Parallels Access for three years.

We don't have problems with stability. Everything is good.  We have ten users in our company and we use Parallels Access twice a day for our applications and desktop.

The initial setup is very easy. It's excellent. We set it up ourselves. It took two hours.

There are no additional costs to standard licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

They could improve the reporting.

I have been using Parallels Access for three years.

We don't have problems with stability. Everything is good.

There are no additional costs to standard licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

In the next release, I would like to see a large VDI. Parallels is the next generation of virtual app and virtual desktop.