Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls is #7 ranked solution in best firewalls
. PeerSpot users give Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls an average rating of 8 out of 10.
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls is most commonly compared to Azure Firewall: Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls vs Azure Firewall
. Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls is popular among the large enterprise segment,
accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a
computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Buyer's Guide
Download the Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022
What is Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls?
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls is a firewall solution designed for security teams that provides them with full visibility and control over all networks via powerful traffic identification, malware prevention, and threat intelligence technologies. In order to determine which applications, users, and content traversing the network are safe, the solution offers companies a variety of advanced security tools and strategies.
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Features
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Secure Application Enablement (App-ID, User-ID, Content-ID)
- Malware Detection and Prevention (threat prevention service, buffer overflows and port scans, anti-malware capabilities, command-and-control protection, and WildFire)
- DNS Security (URL filtering, predict and block malicious domains, signature-based protection, extensible cloud-based architecture)
- Panorama Security Management (including graphical views and analytics, manage rules and dynamic updates, customizable application command center (ACC), log collection mode, physical or virtual appliance)
- Threat Intelligence (high-fidelity threat intelligence, priority alerts, automatic extraction and sharing of prevention indicators, native integration with Palo Alto Networks products)
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Benefits
There are several benefits to implementing Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Dedicated management interface for managing and initial configuration of the device
- Regular threat signatures and updates
- Import addresses and URL objects from the external server
- Configure and manage with REST API integration
- Great throughput and connection speed is fair even in high traffic load
- Deep visibility into the network activity through Application and Command Control
- Easy to manage and very user friendly
Reviews from Real Users
Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls users.
A Solutions Architect at a communications service provider says, “The product stability and level of security are second to none in the industry. We value the security of our client's infrastructure so these features are valuable to us. An example of a very valuable feature behind Palo Alto is the application-aware identifiers that help the firewall know what its users are trying to do. It can block specific activities instead of just blocking categories. For example, you can block an application, or all unknown applications.”
PeerSpot user Gerry H., CyberSecurity Network Engineer at a university, mentions that the solution has a “Nice user interface, good support, is stable, and has extensive logging capabilities.” He also adds, “Wildfire has been a very good feature. This solution provides a unified platform that natively integrates all security capabilities, which is 100% important to us. This is a great feature.”
Eric S., Network Analyst at a recreational facilities/services company, states, "With its single pane of glass, it makes monitoring and troubleshooting a bit more homogeneous. We are not looking at multiple platforms and monitoring management tools. It is more efficient from that perspective. It is more of a common monitoring and control system for multiple aspects of what used to be different systems. It provides efficiency and time savings."
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls was previously known as Palo Alto NGFW, Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall, Palo Alto Networks PA-Series.
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Customers
SkiStar AB, Ada County, Global IT Services PSF, Southern Cross Hospitals, Verge Health, University of Portsmouth, Austrian Airlines, The Heinz Endowments
Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls Video