IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Taleo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Taleo is #8 ranked solution in top Benefits Administration tools and #10 ranked solution in top Talent Management tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Taleo an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Oracle Taleo is most commonly compared to Oracle HCM Cloud: Oracle Taleo vs Oracle HCM Cloud. Oracle Taleo is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Oracle Taleo?
The Oracle Taleo Cloud Service enables enterprises and midsize businesses to recruit top performers with the right cloud talent skills, aligning them to key goals and performance while developing and compensating them appropriately. The industry's broadest cloud-based talent management platform, Oracle Taleo Cloud Service collects relevant information throughout the employee's entire lifecycle, empowering HR, managers, and employees to leverage their cloud talent to drive improved performance and business success.

Oracle Taleo was previously known as Taleo, SonicRecruit.

Oracle Taleo Customers
ICA Fluor, Monsanto Company, Hitachi Consulting, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, Kalpataru Ltd, DELL Inc., JSR Micro Inc., Skanska AB, Acciona, Baloise Group, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, Logicalis Inc., Garmin International, Intuit Inc, The Dow Chemical Company
Oracle Taleo Video

Archived Oracle Taleo Reviews (more than two years old)

MilaGhosh - PeerSpot reviewer
HR IS at McDermott International
Has good Talent Acquisition and Headhunting features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for recruiting and onboarding.

We have a public cloud deployment.

What is most valuable?

The Professional Recruitment feature is good.

The Talent Acquisition and Headhunting features are good.

What needs improvement?

The bulk recruitment feature does not work well.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see an Offer Duplication function that would work like the Requisition Duplication feature.

I have been using this solution for four years.
Benefits Administration
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, IBM and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: July 2022.
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is very stable.

The initial setup of this solution was straightforward. The deployment took us one year, in total.

We had assistance at the initial stage, but the majority of the deployment was done internally.

General Manager at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
A stable solution, but it needs an updated interface and should allow for better integration
  • "The stability of the solution is good."
  • "I don't see very valuable features in this product because it has an old way of interpreting ATS. It should be more flexible in managing datasets and data searches. The screening data is a long process in Taleo."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for recruitment.

What needs improvement?

I don't see very valuable features in this product because it has an old way of interpreting ATS. It should be more flexible in managing datasets and data searches. The screening data is a long process in Taleo.

The interface isn't so user-friendly. It's a little bit dated.

The next release should have an option for video interviews. Also, it would be helpful to have a more flexible and integrated system for scheduling follow-up interviews and appointments. We should be able to integrate more easily with other HR systems.

I've been using the solution for one week.

The stability of the solution is good.

We haven't contacted technical support yet, as we've only been using the solution one week.

We didn't previously use another solution before implementing Taleo.

The initial setup was complex. Deployment took about three or four weeks.

We had a consultant assist with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution five out of ten.

They should provide users with a better, more modern interface and enable more flexibility in managing the datasets.

Benefits Administration
July 2022
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Managing Director at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good requisition management and pre-screening features and it is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use the cloud deployment model. My primary use case for this solution is for recruiting.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. Requisition management and pre-screening are the two most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved.

In the next release, I would like to see new integration points to two new sourcing channels.

I have been using Taleo for around one year.

The stability is okay.

Scalability is okay. We have three users using this solution. It's a small scale. The users are recruiters.

This is the first solution of this type that we've used.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a consultant for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to someone considering it. I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Career Advancement Specialist at Smart Solutions, Inc.
Even the most basic features were great

What is our primary use case?

I am a technical recruiter. I used this to track candidates when working for an IT staffing company.

How has it helped my organization?

We had no tracking system prior, so this was a huge improvement.

What is most valuable?

Since we had no system before (we just kept everything in Outlook), even the most basic features were great.

What needs improvement?

I don't remember a lot of CRM-type functionality for our salespeople.

it_user521790 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sent Sales Exec at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The mobile interface enables us to use it from anywhere; expedites on-boarding

What is most valuable?

• Mobile interface
  • Ease of use

How has it helped my organization?

I think we have faster on-boarding time. It is mobile and you can use it anywhere. It's also more cost effective because it doesn't take as many people to do it. Employees can log in from where they're at.

What needs improvement?

The recruiting section needs work.

Sometimes there is a little bit of a lag, and maybe that was more because of our network. I haven't really had an issue with it from any device I was using. It's been pretty consistent.

I haven't had to open any tickets.

I didn't because this is what my company had.

What other advice do I have?

Just keep it simple. Use the instructions and the prompts that you get. Follow the instructions from your HR or talent group.

HCM Solution Consultant - Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

Valuable Features

For me, the most valuable features are the following;

• Its configuration capabilities. You can adapt the solution to give response to your organizational needs.
  • It’s really user friendly, intuitive, and an easy to use solution.
  • The platform lets users access critical employee information and turn operations into quick and effortless processes with its modules.
  • The solution is continuously improving and adding new functionality with three to four releases each year.

Improvements to My Organization

With Oracle Taleo, we have automated and standardized our hiring operations. Every new employee has an on-boarding plan, and we have added value to our review and compensation processes with a solution that integrates these systems.

We have reduced time and resources required to deliver outputs. In terms of information and data access, we can run one-click reports with accurate data.

Room for Improvement

Although I know that the Oracle Development team is working on it for next releases, there are certain areas where functionality could be improved in the Learning Module (better integration with the other modules, and in terms of reporting).

Use of Solution

Our company has been using Oracle Taleo Business Edition Cloud since 2014. We also work as implementation consultants with other customers.

We had no issues with the deployment.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

The Oracle Cloud support platform is really helpful. When you create a service request, you can categorize your issue by service and problem type and you can access knowledge related to your issue.

Oracle Support has a 24-hour service to resolve issues.

Project implementations for Taleo used to go really well. Its cloud deployment makes getting the system configured and running easy and in a short period of time .

Implementation Team

We are an Oracle Cloud solution implementation specialists and product certificated so we perform the implementation.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing is available by quote only. Contact Oracle directly for pricing information.

Other Solutions Considered

We have evaluated other solutions, and in my opinion in terms of capabilities and price, Oracle Taleo Business Edition is the best option for small- and medium-sized businesses.

Other Advice

It is a really competitive solution in terms of technical features and user experience. Consider engaging an implementation partner if you can afford it. There are many companies that can help with experience and expertise.

This is the Control Panel where you can access all the information and processes you manage by ROI.

it_user436098 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager, Oracle Applications Support at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
It works okay. Putting the requisitions through doesn't take long.

Valuable Features:

Recruiting. Putting the requisitions through takes around 5 minutes at the most. If you know you have the job description ready, just plug it in.

Room for Improvement:

I don't know, for my purposes it works fine. In terms of support, I have all the support I need. It's here in the cloud. It's very easy to put a req through. Very easy.

I don't have any negatives, as of now, because I don't use it too often. Usually when I post a req I have a couple of recruiters that work with me and I just push a couple of buttons on the e-mail and they send me candidates. So I have the candidates already. In the process I have to publish it for internal hiring, for maybe external hiring, and it was really, really smooth. Taleo is one of the products that really gave me very little pain. I'm not saying the same about HR Fusion. Because when Oracle claims that, "Oh, it's all on the business side," it's not. They started with one support person, expert of all experts, in my team. And now I have three. So it does require IT support. A lot.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for two years. Taleo which is Infusion, that one two years. And we have been using Taleo here and there. Not an expert on the previous ones. Not a big expert on the current one. I'm more of a user and my team supports Taleo. But it's not a lot of problems for what we do. It's all in the cloud.#

Stability Issues:

If you find a way how to find the right person in Oracle to help you, but we don't have a lot of problems with Taleo, I will be honest with you.

Scalability Issues:

We have a little piece of Taleo for recruiting only. That's what we have. It works okay. I've found good resources using Taleo. It saved me a lot of time. I just put requisition in and then I just grab the candidates, the resumes, and I scan them. Okay, I want this guy, I don't want that guy. The rest is done by HR. So it's less trouble for me as a manager, and I am dealing with a very special group of people. I need experts and it's not easy to find them. So probably 70 resumes go to the garbage bin.

it_user347679 - PeerSpot reviewer
HCM Cloud Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Oracle Taleo Enterprise is a Human Resources tool that manages employees, align them to corporate objectives, and develop their skills. Manages selection processes of internal candidates and external.

What is most valuable?

There are several valuable features--

• It has a high amount of configuration capabilities.
  • It provides the best solution for ensuring a very good quality selection process, evaluation reviews, development plans, goals and development planning.
  • It is an intuitive and easy to use solution, offering a complete suite of standard reports out of the box for the hiring process (Oracle Business Intelligence).

How has it helped my organization?

In my experience, the product has provided customers automation for their selection processes amongst others. A recruiter can manage many candidates at the same time and reject or approve your submissions, send correspondences, manage offers, evaluations, external services, job posting, custom branding, etc.

What needs improvement?

When editing some components such as requisitions, the solution does not respond quickly in terms of performance, maybe because of the technology in which the solution is currently built.

Another enhancement would be to implement standard “Embedded Reports” for customers in Taleo recruiting. This is a new application integrated in Taleo. Now, the administrator of the application has to create the embedded reports from scratch and the administrator need to know about Microsoft Publisher.

I have used this solution for less than two years. I work as an integrator and not as a customer.

Currently, I have not had any problems with implementations for clients. Customers are satisfied with the product and can see that their work in human resource management is easier with Taleo.

Taleo is a stable product that does not suffer outages due to problems with the application. Oracle notifies their clients when the system is not available, and this always happens in non-working hours for a short period of time.

No issues encountered.

In my opinion, the Oracle support is quite good as at any time you can report an incident, problem, or question. The issue can be catalogued depending on the severity. If the issue has a very serious impact, Oracle Support has a 24-hour service to resolve issues.

Technical support is good. The customer can classify the type of issue, to ensure the correct technician solves that problem. For example, if a customer has a question or issue with the reports, the customer will put their incident in that category. Thus, the technician associated at this incidence will be skilled in Taleo reports.

I worked with PeopleSoft HCM. An application in the cloud is flexible and can scale up and down to meet your organization’s requirements. The data in the cloud is secure. Using cloud technology reduces your maintenance fees. No more servers, software, and update fees. Many of the hidden costs typically associated with software implementation, customization, hardware, maintenance, and training are rolled into a transparent subscription fee.

The initial setup was simple thanks to detailed configuration and user manuals that Oracle offers customers and application partners.

We are a specialized partner and product certificate. We perform implementations for our customers, and help them to start using the new tool through training their trainers.

The ROI is high in terms of efficiency in the process. This figure depends on the basis of calculation and analysis of each client.

Oracle Taleo Enterprise is a good solution based on quality and cost. The customer must contact Oracle to see the conditions and prices of the product license.

We looked at another application which was good, but is different to Taleo. Based on my experience in the cloud, the cloud products are the future and the implementations are very short and simple for the customer.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good tool for HR processes, selection processes, assessments, succession planning, etc. Thanks to these modules, the work of human resources will be managed globally in a single tool with the possibility of implementation in different countries and languages.

it_user322794 - PeerSpot reviewer
LMS System Administrator and EMR Instructor at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Our employees are now able to electronically sign completion and reporting of their training, although it lacks archiving capabilities.

Valuable Features

Documentation of in-the-seat training and documentation of E-learning.

Improvements to My Organization

Oh yes, when we began to utilize e-signatures it saved us a lot of money because prior to that we were manually documenting completion, we have 12,000 employees so it was a lot easier to put a notice up and have an electronic signature in which everyone signs off and then report on it.

Room for Improvement

Customer support. It is very cold, you put a ticket in and you might get a response back an hour or two later. For example I have a problem now, and there is absolutely no-one that can answer my question. They may get back to me five, six or seven hours later and ask a follow up question. So a simple question can take two or three days to resolve. Because they our based in California and we are on the East Coast, if they follow up with me after 5pm I don’t see the question until the next day. Therefore you play this tag game and unfortunately by the time they tell me they are looking in to it, I have already moved on. I may have created a work around, or they just tell me the problem no longer exists and still have no answer of why it messed up in the first place. It can be anything. They don’t have a good triage. I know if it’s a level one they get back to you. But if they say they have a bug, it can take months.five months, six months, a year. There is a user website and we have a service request open for nine months and it’s still waiting to be implemented. If I ran my department like that I wouldn’t be running it very long. You are at the mercy of them, as it’s up to them if your product is worthy enough of being reviewed. The other big thing with this particular product. They really need someone who is an expert in it. Because when you talk to a support rep and they don’t know the product, they can’t help. So you really feel there is noone there. Oracle says turn to consultants but if your company doesn’t have the budget. Then you are left talking to Oracle, and Oracle just doesn’t respond.

Use of Solution

I've been using it since 2006.

They split us in to two servers last month; we have seen an increase in speed. There were days when the system was absurdly slow. So, it would take a while for reports to run and go from one page to another. My biggest complaint about that is those of us who have used the system for a long period of time, they have no archive capabilities. That’s going to bite them very soon. I have nine years’ worth of data in the system, and I have to keep all of that. I have approached people at Oracle they say you can purge some data, but I can’t for legal purposes. I have to wade through all of this old data that I can’t get rid of, I should be able to archive and then report on it, but I can’t. Let’s say you have a large organization which is 100,000 employees and each one of them has to do five learning items every year, those 500,000 items, you start multiplying that by five years, that’s 2.5 million items. It will start slowing the system down.

The customer services are very nice when they do get in touch and they do try to be helpful so I’d give them a 7/10.

4/10.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house.

ROI

We have made an ROI.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The pricing is quite good. Licensing, plan ahead especially if you are in a growing business. You don’t want to lock yourself in.

Other Advice

I’d say overall it’s positive, if they shored up the support and service I think I’d be ranting and raving about this group. The only other thing, I’d say they are secretive about product enhancements, and I know they have this this product. They don’t want to talk about anything until they are sure. It’s difficult when they release new items as you have to learn them after they become live. If they just had more time to train us on the new features I’d be more inclined to use them when they came out. What ends up happening is a new feature comes out and two to three weeks later they may hold a training session for it. Therefore you have to schedule a time and take a look at it and see if my company can use it. I don’t like the way they do that, giving you the instructions after implementation.

it_user286845 - PeerSpot reviewer
Education Resources Specialist with 51-200 employees
It allows us to run SCORM classes and over 400 SubLearnCenters without issue. I would like to see better support.

What is most valuable?

• Enrollments
  • Prerequisites
  • SCORM & AICC capability
  • % Complete (in SCORM)
  • LearnCenter Report

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to run SCORM classes, and we have better reporting of training taken/not taken.

What needs improvement?

• Copy down feature e.g. for pages, enrollments
  • Support

I've used it since 2007.

No issues encountered.

There are problems with latency.

There are no issues, and we are running over 400 SubLearnCenters.

If they are working with SMEs, they’re 10/10, and our rep is 10/10 too.

If it’s a breakfix, it can take literally years. We’ve lost the ability to speak directly to a learn specialist, so it’s a lot of “wait and see” and communication failures (playing telephone) some of the time.

Yes, previously with the SCORM capability, and we thought Oracle had a more robust “copy-down” capability.

It was complex, but mostly due to the fact that we were bringing over legacy LMS data (current users and managers and their history) which was tricky, but we did it!

Also, the users didn’t like Learn. It was not as user friendly and simple (step-wise) as our legacy system. We didn’t anticipate how much they would hate Learn.

We did it in-house.

It's huge, as it is revenue for us as we sell our training to hospitals and hospital systems, as well as through e-commerce for individual purchases.

We are only paying for active users who logged in the past 30 days. This is something special Oracle is doing for us (Taleo did it actually). Our users are on for one year, but they often only use it for the first three months so we were paying for years for users who weren’t actually using it. This is much fairer. We are licensed for 5500 active users which works for us. They don’t do this for many customers since we have such an unusual business model.

What other advice do I have?

Go beyond the demo. Make them show you how all of your scenarios will work in the system to make sure it really does what the sales team say it does.