We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Oracle Identity Governance OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Identity Governance is #1 ranked solution in top Mobile Identity tools, #6 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software, and #7 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Identity Governance an average rating of 6 out of 10. Oracle Identity Governance is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Oracle Identity Governance vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 40% of all views.
What is Oracle Identity Governance?

Oracle Identity Governance reduces the total cost of ownership for organizations by empowering user self-service, simplifying audit and compliance tasks and automating IT operations. By delivering a comprehensive platform for access request, role lifecycle management, access certification, closed loop remediation and privileged account management, Oracle Identity Governance is a solution that address today's requirements and enables organizations to quickly adapt to emerging requirements. Oracle Identity Governance suite provides many benefits, including: Increased end user productivity, Increased IT productivity and automation of provisioning tasks, accelerated useronboarding and stringent controls over sensitive access to shared privileged accounts, Reduced total cost and risk and Increased efficiency.

Oracle Identity Governance was previously known as Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle IAM, Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite.

Download the Identity Management (IM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Oracle Identity Governance Customers

Werkbank, Oshkosh, PeerPay, Boingo, Kellogg's, Pella, Slanska, Avaya, D+M

Oracle Identity Governance Video

Oracle Identity Governance Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Identity Governance pricing:
  • "The cost of support and upgrading to the next release are both expensive."
  • "The price is based on the number of users per year."
  • Oracle Identity Governance Reviews

IT Architecture Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Enables us to understand a customer's interests but it is missing a lot
    • "Understanding what a customer is using, what they are looking for, and allowing permissions is a challenge. We use the information we get in order to understand the behavior of the customer beyond the security and to understand what they have been doing in the last month. It's a nice way to understand what is attracting the customer and what they are clicking. That could be implemented by using this kind of application."
    • "Our issues with the solution have to do with the integration with different applications. It's not easy to connect ICAO to this kind of product. It would be better to work on the extensions of the adapters for this kind of identity management solution in order to not put in the code in the product."

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases are based on CIM to connect different applications. It's centralization identity for the use of the servers to give the passwords.

How has it helped my organization?

In the case of enterprise identity for the employee, the most important thing is the consolidation of access to the application no matter what the channel is that uses the application. It unifies the way we do authorization.

For big companies, that is a nightmare to administrate because we have a lot of security problems. With CIM, we connect the customers to a channel to using different portals and with that approach, we can understand the behavior of the customer.

What is most valuable?

The centralization of IDs and passwords is the most valuable feature. They provide different applications to use the authorization.

CIM is the most used feature. Customer Identity Management is a challenge that we are working on in our company and I think it's the star of the Identity Management space. With CIM we are using the same process in order to implement it to the customer.

What needs improvement?

I have the same problem every time I implement it. It's challenging to connect different applications that are not perfect or modern. It's important to connect everything. This is an area for improvement.

Synchronizing passwords between Active Directory and Oracle is very complex because the process is not so easy. I have a lot of problems.

I have been using Oracle Identity Governance for ten years.

The stability is not a challenge. It depends on the size of the company. If we have one million users, it could be a challenge. But if you have up to 10,000 users, it's not a problem at all.

You need to tune a lot because it's not a simple task. The product is not for everybody.I

When you get people from San Francisco, the support is okay. The problem is with the partners. In Latam, the support isn't so good.

It could certainly be less expensive. There are a lot of components. Normal licensing is a real nightmare. Oracle should make things easier for the customer to understand.

What other advice do I have?

With Oracle, you could do something for a million people but you need to make sure to do it right which isn't so easy. You need people and partners from Oracle for help. It's a good product but even good products need people to implement and maintain them especially during migration. You need senior people to help.

I would recommend Oracle for a large implementation.

My advice would be to solve the integration problem. Solve the way they interact when information is distributed. Properly distribute the customer's information. Understand that it is very difficult to implement. Make sure to understand the application and understand the legalities of the country that you're working in.

Most people start in the last stage. They pay a lot of money and the process could take three to four years. They pay a lot of money but don't use the product as a service. The problem is inexperience.

I would rate Oracle Identity Governance a six out of ten. There is a lot missing. If it's not missing, it's complex. If you want to implement something, you won't end up doing it because it's too complex or expensive.

Fabio Luna
    Partner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It's flexible and can automate tasks, but it's hard to use and needs more standard out-of-the-box features
    • "The one thing that stands out was is the automatic sign-out when an employee goes on vacation. Identity Governance can monitor when an employee goes on vacation and returns. We use this feature to automatically disable all the employee's accounts when they go on vacation, and they're automatically enabled when they come back."
    • "Identity Governance is a difficult tool to work with. You have to input many models to understand what is happening with the logins. The user interface is not so good. And a lot of the features we use aren't available out of the box."

What is our primary use case?

I used Identity Governance to provide clients access to different solutions. For example, one client had an Active Directory, and we offered the client access to create accounts there. There are Active Directory and Exchange accounts, and there is a database specific to this client that requires a special connector.

In addition to the database, the client has a website where they can create accounts using their SOP protocol. Unfortunately, it's not so easy to use the standard Oracle Identity Manager Connector with SOP protocol, so we had to develop a new connector to communicate with this website and create accounts in these web services.

What is most valuable?

The one thing that stands out was is the automatic sign-out when an employee goes on vacation. Identity Governance can monitor when an employee goes on vacation and returns. We use this feature to automatically disable all the employee's accounts when they go on vacation, and they're automatically enabled when they come back. We can also automatically delete the employee's accounts when they're dismissed. Oracle has a model that gives you precise reports. It's called Crystal, and it's similar to JasperReports, so we can derive reports from this database.

What needs improvement?

Identity Governance is a difficult tool to work with. You have to input many models to understand what is happening with the logins. The user interface is not so good. And a lot of the features we use aren't available out of the box. You have to develop a lot of the basic things yourself. It would be nice if Oracle provided these common features.

I've been using Identity Governance for five years.

Aside from a few bugs, Identity Governance is mostly stable.

Identity Governance can scale up.

Oracle support is excellent. However, it varies depending on the level of support the client pays for. If you pay for a premium service license, they respond quickly.

I owned a company that implemented these solutions for various clients. Each client has a different identity manager, so we worked with three identity solutions: Oracle, NetIQ, and Computer Association.

It was challenging to implement Identity Governance. The time needed for deployment depends on the size of the client. While it's possible to get it done in three days, deployment can take up to a week.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Identity Governance six out of 10. If you're planning to use Identity Governance, you need to learn Java to fully meet your business requirements.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SailPoint, ForgeRock and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: January 2022.
    564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Technical Project Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Provides good out-of-the-box connectors, but customization is not easy to do
    • "The most valuable feature is the set of out-of-the-box connectors."
    • "The cost of this product needs to be reduced."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we help customers migrate to different platforms integrated with multi-factor authentication.

This product is used for the provisioning of devices that are used for different applications and users inside the enterprise.

What is most valuable?

This solution offers multiple features that are valuable.

The most valuable feature is the set of out-of-the-box connectors. The connectors can be customized, and we do make use of several custom ones.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this product needs to be reduced. There are other modern IAM solutions that are available at a better price, and the use cases are very easy. It is cloud-based and it caters to the needs of an enterprise. For example, there are some features that we do not use, yet we still pay for them. In the past, there was no choice, but many options are now offered.

Customization is not easy to do. For example, additional reports or modules are difficult to create in a timely manner.

We would like to see more support for public cloud services.

We have been using this solution for approximately five years.

This is a stable product.

There is no doubt that this product scales well. It is a well-established product for enterprise users. One of our customers has an employee base of almost 30,000 people.

Technical support differs depending on the region. We have found that the turnaround time can be high, depending on what regional support we are dealing with.

I have experience with several similar solutions, including Centrify.

We are currently exploring SailPoint and Saviynt and although no decision has been made as of yet, we might move to another platform.

In the past, I also worked with SiteMinder, but it did not have this level of depth.

The initial setup is complex and for a larger, enterprise-level customer, it becomes very complex.

The cost of support and upgrading to the next release are both expensive. We have an annual maintenance contract.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the organizational budget and plan, which includes the roadmap to having an IAM solution.

In summary, they are not great, but not poor either. My biggest complaint is about the costs.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Owner at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
    Leaderboard
    Good connectors and auditing features, but the set up is complex and stability needs improvement
    • "The most important feature is the connectors. Without the connectors, it can do nothing."
    • "One of the areas that need some improvement with Oracle specifically is the ease of implementation."

What is our primary use case?

I supported the product, and the customers using it globally. I was the technical support for it.

What is most valuable?

Also, auditing is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas that need some improvement with Oracle specifically is the ease of implementation. That is what is complicated.

The stability could be better.

I've been working with the Oracle identity management products for a very long time, and I started with Governance many years ago. It was Oracle Identity Manager then, and now it's Oracle Identity Governance. I was also managing the support team for the cloud services for IDCS.

We are using the latest version, I believe it is version 12.2.04.

I have been using them since the very beginning.

Once it is up and running it's okay, but it has many bumps.

They are always putting out fixes, but it's hard to get implemented without patching, so it's not great.

It's a scalable solution and it can easily be scaled.

The size of our customers' companies varies.

I was the technical support.

I managed the entire team globally, along with other managers.

I was the global lead for Identity Governance.

The initial setup is complex.

It's a multi-tenant system integrated into a customer's environment. The entire process is more difficult than it needs to be. They have made improvements but it is still complex.

The number of people required for the deployment and implementation varies based on the size of the implementation. The implementations go from very small up to both wide enterprise-wide and serving external customers.

We have had customers who required a couple of people up to an entire team supporting them.

It really does depend on the size of the implementation but it does take more than a couple to manage it. It is not just the Governance, it's the setup of the app and the integration with all of the other applications with the directory.

It requires a few people to keep it up and running.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to train the teams on identity management concepts and the Oracle solution specifically. Have them take advantage of all the training that's available, and plan the implementation in phases.

It has good features but it's complicated. I would rate Oracle Identity Governance a seven out of ten.

Amimesh Anand
    Senior Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Flexible, with great RBAC and UI customization features
    • "Good features are the RBAC and UI customization."
    • "The user interface experience needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Oracle and I'm a senior manager at the company.

What is most valuable?

The features I like in this solution are the RBAC and the UI customization, particularly that it has a granular level modification. I also like that it is flexible and able to implement my requirements.

What needs improvement?

The user interface experience needs to be improved. In order to get where you want to be, it requires multiple scripts when it should be simple with a one button click. The complexity of the tool and development could also be improved. The most important point is that Oracle hasn't adjusted itself to the current market, they are still doing the same thing they've done for the last 10 years. If you use Saviynt, for example, they have the ER implemented where they will offer suggestions. I also think the solution should have Cloud support.

This solution is stable.

The solution is scalable - we have over 25,000 users.

The initial setup is complex. If, for example, you're implementing a connector, and using tools like SailPoint, Saviynt or NetIQ, it's simple. With Oracle, there are lots of places where you have to make changes and they need to be done throughout the process so there's a lot of dependency there. Deployment can take between two to three months if it's a simple implementation and doesn't require customization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but it really depends what you're looking for and what will suit your needs. I can recommend it for users who are looking for the RBAC implementation, which should be the strongest one. If you're not looking for that then there are other options.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Security & Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    A buggy solution with bad support, lots of bugs, and an interface that isn't user-friendly
    • "The solution is quite stable once you are able to overcome the bugs"
    • "The initial setup is quite complex. The user interface is just awful. It's not user-friendly or intuitive at all."

What needs improvement?

I'm not a fan of the product. I find it very complicated.

The API, the intercommunication and the support all need improvement. They need to simplify the API history. The way the product is manufactured is poor because it's very, very buggy. Oracle is a buggy solution. The reporting is also very poor.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is quite stable once you are able to overcome the bugs.

Scalability is not that easy.

Technical support is really bad. They seem to be trying to avoid answering questions. Even before they are able to answer any questions, you have to provide them with lots of lots of information and do a lot of prep.

The initial setup is quite complex. The user interface is just awful. It's not user-friendly or intuitive at all.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would not recommend the solution. Oracle is really pushing people to go to their cloud version. So you can not really get a proper on-premises solution. It's also a horrible price and for every single connector you want to have, or that you have to get, you have to pay and pay and pay. It is very expensive for what it does.

Oracle did not put any effort into the features and implementation of their product. They just put layers on layers on layers. It's very difficult for a developer to extend the full scenario of features of this product.

I would rate the solution four out of ten.

Identity and Access Management Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    A stable and scalable enterprise identity management system, but it's difficult to use
    • "It's a stable and scalable solution."
    • "The product design has some complications for doing some use cases. I would like to see easier onboarding of applications and easier ways to plugin the customization codes."

What is our primary use case?

There are a lot of use cases. We use it to manage everything within the user interface, for example, direct access privileges.

What is most valuable?

It's a stable and scalable solution.

What needs improvement?

It's difficult to use, and we're planning to switch to another application. The administration tasks for business processes, workflows, and definitions could have been easier. There should be an easier way to do it than having a dedicated ID for all these tasks.

The product design has some complications for doing some use cases. I would like to see easier onboarding of applications and easier ways to plugin the customization codes.

I have been using Oracle Identity Governance for about two years.

Oracle Identity Governance is a stable solution.

Oracle Identity Governance is a scalable solution. At present, we have around 10,000 users.

The initial setup is moderate. It's not very complex, but it's not very easy to do.

You need a consultant to install and deploy this solution. You also need four to five team members to maintain this solution.

The price is based on the number of users per year.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that many other products are much easier to implement than this solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Identity Governance a six.

Download our free Identity Management (IM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SailPoint, ForgeRock, and more!