IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Access Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Access Manager is #16 ranked solution in top Access Management tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Access Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Access Manager is most commonly compared to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD): Oracle Access Manager vs Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). Oracle Access Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 78% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Access Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Oracle Access Manager?
Oracle Access Manager delivers risk-aware end-to-end user authentication, single sign-on, and authorization protection, enabling enterprises to secure access from mobile devices and seamlessly integrate social identities with applications.
Oracle Access Manager Customers
SekerBank, University of Melbourne
Oracle Access Manager Video

Oracle Access Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Access Manager pricing:
"The price is really good and it is flexible because they have CPU licenses. The license is a one-time-only purchase."

Oracle Access Manager Reviews

Founder & Chief Operating Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Integrates well into an Oracle ecosystem, it's easy to use, but the support and setup could be better
  • "Once it is set up, it is easy to use and it integrates with most of the products on the market."
  • "The initial implementation can definitely be improved because you have to work on several components to configure it correctly."

What is our primary use case?

We are Integrators. We implement and integrate this product for our clients, as well as provide support to our client who is using this solution. Mainly, we are using it to provide access to two different systems that the client has. It determines the access levels of people. It tells you who needs how much access and then managing it through that.

What is most valuable?

Once it is set up, it is easy to use and it integrates with most of the products on the market.

What needs improvement?

The initial implementation can definitely be improved because you have to work on several components to configure it correctly. Nowadays, most of the solutions are a few clicks before they are installed and then configured. Technical support needs improvement, they could be 200% better. The reason that most people are having problems is because of the support they provide. It's very difficult to engage with them or to get the answers to your queries. The turnaround time is very slow. It needs to be faster. In the next release, I would like to see the integration with non-Microsoft products as well.  It takes a lot of time to integrate it with non-Oracle products.  If you have an Oracle ecosystem then you can integrate it, but if it is Microsoft SQL or any other databases that are being used then it is not interoperable. It works but it takes time. I would like to see if they can easily integrate with other technologies.

I have been working with Oracle Access Manager for a few years. We are using the latest version.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Okta, Broadcom and others in Access Management. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

For the most part, it's stable.

The organization that we are supporting has approximately 200 to 300 users.

Oracle technical support is never good for OAM.

Previously, we were using the AWS based product and Okta.

The installation is not straightforward. In fact, the implementation of OAM is complex, compared to other products, but once it is implemented it is good. If there are no problems coming in, then it can be done in a few hours. However, if there are some problems then the troubleshooting is a long haul. We have a couple of engineers to maintain this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, especially if they are using Oracle products because it is easily integrable with those products.  I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

VP Engineering at Inspirit Vision
Robust platform, beneficial single sign-on authentication, and flexible
  • "The most valuable features of Oracle Access Manager are the single sign-on capability and is a very robust platform. It can take a high number of authentication, and authorization requests. It's very flexible."
  • "In the next release, they should focus more on use cases related to customer access management, customer identity, and access management."

What is our primary use case?

My clients are using Oracle Access Manager for single sign-on authentication and
authorization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Oracle Access Manager are the single sign-on capability and is a very robust platform. It can take a high number of authentication, and authorization requests. It's very flexible.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, they should focus more on use cases related to customer access management, customer identity, and access management.

I have been using Oracle Access Manager for approximately 18 years.

The stability of Oracle Access Manager is great.

I rate the stability of Oracle Access Manager a five out of five.

Oracle Access Manager is only suited for enterprise identity and access management but it should be able to all support customer identity and access management use cases as well.

I rate the scalability of Oracle Access Manager a four out of five.

The support from Oracle is good.

I rate the support from Oracle Access Manager a four out of five.

The initial setup of Oracle Access Manager is complex.

I rate the complexity of Oracle Access Manager a four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I advise others not to do a big bang approach. A lot of planning is required before we move into any access management solution. Go slow, make small releases, first try to do something that gives you a quick return of investment, and then go on integrating more and more applications.

I rate Oracle Access Manager an eight out of ten.

June 2022
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Pakorn Leesakul - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO, Founder at Finema
Functional user controls, flexible licenses, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for Single Sign-On and for mobile authentication integration.

What is most valuable?

From a technical perspective, the solution is very good we can operate and control the user by ourselves.

What needs improvement?

There could be some improvements in the documentation and overall knowledge base of the solution.

I have been using this solution for a few months.

The stability is good.

In my experience, I have found the solution has good scalability.

The technical support is quite good.

The installation is very easy. The full deployment took approximately one month.

We use a three-person technical team to do the maintenance and deployment.

The price is really good and it is flexible because they have CPU licenses. The license is a one-time-only purchase.

The solution is comparable to others, such as IBM.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Access Manager an eight out of ten.

Download our free Access Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Okta, Broadcom, and more!
Updated: June 2022