NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) is the #3 ranked solution in best All-Flash Storage Arrays
. PeerSpot users give NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) an average rating of 9.2 out of 10.
NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) is most commonly compared to Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series: NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) vs Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series
. NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) is popular among the large enterprise segment,
accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a
computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Buyer's Guide
Download the NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023
What is NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS)?
NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF) is a storage infrastructure that contains only flash memory drives instead of spinning-disk drives. NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF) addresses enterprise storage requirements with best-in-class data management, higher performance, and flexibility. All Flash FAS systems accelerate your operations without sacrificing the effectiveness, dependability, or adaptability of your IT infrastructure, since they are built on ONTAP data management software. As an enterprise-grade all-flash array, the NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF) manages and safeguards your critical data, making your datacenter’s transition to flash simple and painless.
NetApp All Flash FAS (AFF) is a robust, scale-out platform designed for virtualized environments and can be deployed as an independent system or a high-performance tier in a NetApp ONTAP configuration.
NetApp All Flash FAS Features
NetApp AFF has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Cloning and Snapshot copies combined with native space efficiency can lower storage expenses.
- Near-zero performance impact for snapshot copy creation, cloning, and replication.
- Application-consistent Snapshot copies simplify app management.
- Synchronous replication using NetApp MetroCluster software, a feature that is only available from NetApp in the all-flash array market and provides zero RPO and close to zero RTO for workloads that are mission-critical.
- Support for at-rest data encryption and an onboard key manager to help secure your data through easier key management.
- NetApp SnapMirror replication software reduces overall system costs by replicating to any type of FAS/AFF system, whether it is all-flash, hybrid, or HDD, on premises or in the cloud.
NetApp All Flash FAS Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing NetApp AFF. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:
- Change the economics of your data center with flash - you'll consume 11 times less electricity, require 11 times less rack space, and spend 67 percent less on support compared to a data center using HDDs.
- Manage data with a single piece of software for SAN and NAS settings, including flash, disk, and the cloud.
- Within 10 minutes, you can provision storage and serve data.
- Inline data reduction technology can reduce SSD storage by 5 to 10 times on average.
- Protect your data using the system's best-in-class integrated data protection suite.
- Scale out to 24 nodes, 367PB of effective capacity, and 4 million IOPS without causing disruption.
- Accelerate applications with up to 12 times more IOPS and 20 times faster response thanks to NetApp ONTAP FlashEssentials.
Reviews from Real Users
NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are its handling of read and write operations and its high-capacity drives. PeerSpot users take note of the advantages of these features in their reviews:
Harish M., Senior Consultant at a tech services company, writes of the solution, “The most valuable feature is its ability to handle high-intensity read and write operations. It works very well in terms of this.” He adds, “We recently started using the volume encryption feature, which is helpful because there are some federal projects that require data at rest to be encrypted.”
Another PeerSpot reviewer, a director at an IT Infrastructure Services department at a university, notes, “In terms of the footprint, it is far more efficient. It has smaller, higher-capacity drives than our older unit. In terms of space, power, and cooling, it has simplified things.”
NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) was previously known as NetApp All Flash FAS, NetApp AFF, NetApp Flash FAS.
NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Customers
Acibadem Healthcare Group, AmTrust Financial Services, Citrix Systems, DWD, Mantra Group
NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS) Video