IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

N-able MSP Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

N-able MSP Manager is #14 ranked solution in top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools and #16 ranked solution in top Help Desk Software. PeerSpot users give N-able MSP Manager an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. N-able MSP Manager is most commonly compared to Freshdesk: N-able MSP Manager vs Freshdesk. N-able MSP Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 45% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is N-able MSP Manager?

Managing your business and providing excellent support shouldn’t bog you down. MSP Manager’s ease of use will free your team to deliver on your promise of great service.

• Intuitive, lightweight ticketing with seamless RMM and N-central® platform integrations.
  • Painless time tracking with convenient timers and functionality for recurring tickets and appointments.
  • Closed-loop email with automatic ticket monitoring and routing, with a streamlined Microsoft 365 setup via OAuth.
  • Complete customer and knowledge management with a branded portal.
  • Accounting integrations with QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, and Xero.

N-able MSP Manager was previously known as SolarWinds LOGICnow, SolarWinds MSP Manager.

N-able MSP Manager Customers

Longleaf Systems, ITproMedia, Choice Technology, Halski Systems, Allixo Technologies, Nettech, Concept Technology

N-able MSP Manager Video

N-able MSP Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about N-able MSP Manager pricing:
"I don't know the exact cost, but I know it's reasonable. Its cost of entry is not bad. I've had other organizations sign up for it. I don't know how much they paid, but it wasn't bad. You charge for every object. You charge for AV, and you charge for servers. There is a charge for everything or every object in that. I know we make money from it, but I don't know what it is."

N-able MSP Manager Reviews

IT Consultant at NE Integration
We can do all the things with it and manage a ton of clients with a small IT team
  • "I like that you can do all the things with it. You can patch, and you can run the scheduled tasks. You can remote in, upload files, and download files. You can log onto a computer PowerShell, or command prompt, without having to log into RDP. I also like its ease of use."
  • "Its reporting is lousy and bad. It is not as good as it should be. There is too much work involved to get what you want. Most times, you have to call them to customize some stuff. I just don't like that part. They need to work on their reporting. They have a way to go."

What is our primary use case?

It is for the same things as ConnectWise, such as remote management, patch management, encryption, and backup. We don't do the backup because it is expensive, but it can do all of that. It is for MSPs, and it can do all these different pieces.

It is a SaaS program. So, we're not updating the version. We always have the updated version.

How has it helped my organization?

We are an MSP, and for what we do, we have one centralized dashboard. Even though we're a small IT team, we can manage a ton of clients. We have a lot of automated processes, even for patch management. If it was a bad patch, we can easily uninstall that. With centralized management, we've been able to take charge of things, and we can push them to many different clients within different sites. So, it provides ease of management.

We use it for everything except backup. It is used to patch, run different schedules, push group policies, etc. It comes with Bitdefender and another AV with it. You also get Take Control or TeamViewer for remote access. You can use whichever one you prefer.

What is most valuable?

I like that you can do all the things with it. You can patch, and you can run the scheduled tasks. You can remote in, upload files, and download files. You can log onto a computer PowerShell, or command prompt, without having to log into RDP. I also like its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

You can push the agent with Group Policy, but it sometimes can be a bit tasking. That's one thing they need to improve on. A lot of companies have Microsoft as their environment. If you have a ton of computers, instead of having to go to each computer and push the agent, you can just use Group Policy to do the initial install and push the agent on all those computers. Once you have the agent, you can do whatever you need to do on the dashboards. So, they can improve a little bit on the IMSI, which is where you can write your Microsoft Group Policy. You can add that policy to push down the agents on all computers. So, that part can be improved a bit.

Their support could be better, but it is not bad. They only provide chat support. I don't mind the chat, but sometimes, it is hard to explain something without having to talk with somebody.

They have partnered with SentinelOne for EDR, but it would be nice if they can add other options. SentinelOne is really good, but it would be nice to have something to compare with. The endpoint detection with SentinelOne was added just last year, but it would be helpful to have a second vendor with that.

Help Desk Software
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about N-able, ServiceNow, ManageEngine and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: July 2022.
622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using it for at least seven years. It was called SolarWinds the entire time, and they changed the name after the whole compromise last year.

In terms of reliability and performance, it has a very low footprint. It doesn't overload the system. You don't even realize it is there.

Occasionally, the Take Control function, which is the one that allows you to remote into someone's system, breaks, which is a big problem, and then you don't know how to get on to your system to help the user, but that's not a common occurrence. Since I've been using it, probably two or three times, I couldn't connect through the Take Control function, which is not bad. I can't complain if it happened only two or three times in about seven years.

It scales, but it is about how long you are willing to pay.

We have 15 people who use this solution. It is being used extensively. This is the only way we can connect with our clients, and we have to do that every day.

In terms of our plans to increase its usage, it is based on what we have. If we get more clients here, we increase the number. Because it costs money, we don't want to overload ourselves.

Sometimes, their support can be annoying. They primarily do everything by chat, which is how they keep their cost really low, but sometimes, you really want to talk to someone. It can be upsetting, but all in all, it is not bad.

I would rate them 3.5 out of 5. They are definitely above average. They are prompt to respond. The chat support is not too bad, but occasionally, you have to wait a long time.

It was already there when I came to the organization.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup. It was already built when I got involved with this company. They already had it built, but we've improved it through the years. We had to. It wasn't as good as it should be, but it has truly improved.

We've helped a few large clients with the setup. They didn't want to pay us to manage the infrastructure. It is cheaper for them if they go directly to SolarWinds or N-able to purchase it. So, we've helped them in setting it up. Overall, it is not too bad. Once you know what you're doing, you can skip a bunch of things.

I don't know the exact cost, but I know it's reasonable. Its cost of entry is not bad. I've had other organizations sign up for it. I don't know how much they paid, but it wasn't bad.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to not use the backup solution because it is very expensive. You should use a different vendor for your backups. You shouldn't use N-able as part of your backups. It just costs too much. You won't make money, and the clients won't be happy with the cost at the end of the day. Especially when it comes to service, you don't want to back up service with that. You can use it for workstations but not for service. This is one thing about which you have to make a decision upfront.

I would also encourage whoever is going to do this in the future to sign up for the EDR. They now have Endpoint Detection and Response, and they have partnered with SentinelOne.

I would rate it an eight out of 10. There are some things they do okay, and there are some things that they don't do. I'm not too pleased with them, and they know that. They've been promising that they will fix them, but all in all, it is a useful tool. Its cost of entry is not bad. The ease of setup is also not bad. It does what it does, and it helps you. If they can work on the reporting, it would be awesome. All in all, everything else is where it needs to be.

Download our free Help Desk Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about N-able, ServiceNow, ManageEngine, and more!
Updated: July 2022