Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise is #5 ranked solution in top Data Masking tools and #10 ranked solution in top Endpoint Encryption tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise is most commonly compared to Oracle Advanced Security: Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise vs Oracle Advanced Security. Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 78% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Endpoint Encryption Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise?

Across industries-from compliance mandates such as PCI and GDPR to new IT initiatives such as data analytics and cloud migration-businesses rely on Voltage SecureData to secure their information at its core while at rest, in motion, and in use for comprehensive protection without gaps.

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise was previously known as Micro Focus SecureData, Voltage, SecureData, Voltage SecureData.

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise Customers

Epicor, Allegiant Travel Company, EnvisionRxOptions

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise Video

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise pricing:
"I found some of their licensing is a bit complex. I am also finding that some of their cloud solutions are quite expensive."

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise Reviews

Prischal Bahgoo - PeerSpot reviewer
General Manager at vicit
Effortless install, features rich, and scalable
  • "The number one feature I found was that the install was really easy, it was quite helpful."
  • "For a future release, the interface looks a bit dated and could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution within a data lake such as Teradata and Hadoop.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped with PCI compliance, masking, and encrypting PII information within our environment. What we found is that when we secured the information through encryption, we then were not scared of who was actually viewing the data. We wanted to know If we could still function as per normal, with this encrypted or masked data. The reason for this was we now know that it is real data that are encrypted, and because of the format, preserving encryption was easier to get it done. We did not have many different types of extra security features. Additionally, what we found was that from securing the perimeter of our environment with Micro Focus' voltage secure data, it does field-level encryption, which secured it one step even further. If we were breached from the perimeter, the data was actually still encrypted, which gave us an extra layer of security.

What is most valuable?

The number one feature I found was that the install was really easy, it was quite helpful. They have many partners available and also I found that their SPE, as they call it, which is format-preserving encryption was a big upsell to me, especially when I started looking at the varchar characters within the data lakes and the data warehouses. This solution does not just do encryption, it does so much more, that is the reason why it is expensive.

What needs improvement?

Some of the complications we found were sometimes people did not like the type of changes that needed to happen, it was very difficult to get a product like that implemented into certain business units.

For a future release, the interface looks a bit dated and could be improved. Additionally, the documentation is lacking and needs attention.

Endpoint Encryption
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Thales Cloud Security, Oracle and others in Endpoint Encryption. Updated: August 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using the solution for approximate two years.

The application I found was stable. There were previous versions that we were given initially, where we had some complications. Once we discussed it with the R & D, they had given us our fix, which was quite straightforward. It was a simple update and it was basically fixed after that.

The solution is very scalable. If we have to go to the cloud offering, there is auto-scaling within the environment. The problem is when you go into the cloud, it does become quite expensive, especially around the auto-scale functionality.

We have approximately 5,000 users using the solution. We are looking at increasing the usage within the organization, purely on the basis that we are a call center. We were able to mask some of the data and also have certain formats where we could show the leading four to six digits or the trailing four digits. This helps a lot when they were dealing with customers.

has since gotten much better, they are also more skilled resources available

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The solution has a modular approach and because of this, it was quite simple to install. However, getting the applications onboarded and dealing with people not understanding their data was a bit difficult. It is also what is in their data was a problem, because you have to do some sort of discovery to understand what type of data you have and also the PI element data that you would have in certain databases. This was also a big concern.

The deployment of the initial stage took about a month, but getting applications onboarded, this was approximately three months.

I found some of their licensing is a bit complex. I am also finding that some of their cloud solutions are quite expensive. I am hoping the pricing would come down in the near future based on the demand. This is an enterprise product and has plenty of features, this is why it is expensive.

We have evaluated Thales, the Vormetric solution, and also Protek.

What other advice do I have?

Those wanting to purchase the solution I would advise not being scared about the price. It is an enterprise-grade solution. There are other competitors out there, but they can not offer you the scalability and the length and breadth of what the Micro Focus solution could offer you. They spend a lot of money as Micro Focus, as the OEM, their partner development programs. That is a really big upside from their end because when you look at the other product sets or the competitors, we found that the partners were not that well-versed on the solution.

I rate Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise an eight out of ten.

SasmitHota - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Architect at MindTree
Easy configuration, high availability, and excellent support
  • "The most valuable feature of Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise is the ease of configuration and the group services rest API."
  • "Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise can improve the types of encryptions. They are limited by the number of types of encryption and types of masking they are allowing. In the solution that we were using, the illustration interface and the number of capabilities in terms of data masking were limited."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise for data masking. We are trying to hide some personal information from our customers.

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise is being used in the background. This solution is being used by multiple different enterprise software to encrypt the data to do data masking.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise is the ease of configuration and the group services rest API.

What needs improvement?

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise can improve the types of encryptions. They are limited by the number of types of encryption and types of masking they are allowing. In the solution that we were using, the illustration interface and the number of capabilities in terms of data masking were limited.

They did not have any database masking capabilities or masking capabilities for unstructured data.

I have been using Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise for approximately two years.

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise has high availability.

Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise is scalable. We have two clusters deployed and it is able to scale horizontally.

Micro Focus supported us always, whenever we required documentation or technical help. They have helped with everything.

I rate the technical support from Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise a five out of five.

The initial setup of Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise was straightforward. The full implementation took approximately one week.

We had vendor documentation, and we did the implementation with our team with vendor support. We did not use the vendor for the installation, we used technical documentation of the solution to do it ourselves.

We used two engineers for the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

The easiest way to use Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise would be to use the APIs and only directly configure the types of data marketing that they require. API-based usage is still the easiest way to use the capability of the solution.

I rate Micro Focus Voltage SecureData Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Download our free Endpoint Encryption Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Thales Cloud Security, Oracle, and more!
Updated: August 2022