Our experiences with Micro Focus SiteScope have been mostly positive as we can easily work with multiple monitors and different types of monitors pretty quickly. There are a lot of out-of-the-box solutions for us through Micro Focus SiteScope, so we don't have to do that much custom coding for the vast majority of requests that we get for monitoring. There are some limitations that we've run into and some problems every once in a while, but they've been relatively minor.
Micro Focus SiteScope is #14 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus SiteScope an average rating of 6.8 out of 10. Micro Focus SiteScope is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: Micro Focus SiteScope vs Dynatrace. Micro Focus SiteScope is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.
Micro Focus SiteScope OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Micro Focus SiteScope OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022
What is Micro Focus SiteScope?
Micro Focus SiteScope is an agentless monitoring program that tracks the availability and performance of distributed IT infrastructures such as servers, network devices and services, applications and application components, virtualization software, operating systems, and other IT enterprise components.
Micro Focus SiteScope is an autonomous hybrid IT monitoring system that can monitor more than 100 different types of IT components in real time, thanks to a lightweight and highly customizable remote access architecture.
With Micro Focus SiteScope, IT teams can get the data they need to keep on top of problems and eliminate bottlenecks before they become major concerns.
Micro Focus SiteScope can reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by utilizing agentless technology, which eliminates the need to install and monitor agents on each box. Manual activities can be automated, and teams can save time and effort by using pre-packaged solution templates.
Micro Focus SiteScope Features
Micro Focus SiteScope has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:
- Broad functionality built on expertise: Micro Focus SiteScope's architecture is scalable and supports a broad range of functions, including data collecting, alerting, event management, and reporting. Data is collected via remote access, which eliminates the need for agents to be deployed and maintained on monitored nodes. Micro Focus SiteScope connects to systems as a remote user via the central server, which supports JMX, SNMP, HTTP, SSH, NetBIOS, and WMI.
Monitors legacy and modern environments: Micro Focus SiteScope comes with more than 100 built-in monitors that track things like utilization, response time, use, and resource availability.
Cloud: You can monitor virtual servers and applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS-hosted applications can provide data to Amazon CloudWatch, which can be used for auto-scaling, reporting, and alerting.
- Virtualization: Micro Focus SiteScope supports VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, and Oracle/Sun virtualization technologies. Monitor Docker clusters, nodes, containers, and workloads.
- Cloud: You can monitor virtual servers and applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS-hosted applications can provide data to Amazon CloudWatch, which can be used for auto-scaling, reporting, and alerting.
- Flexibility with configuration: By adding or deleting specific monitors, you can adapt to dynamic changes in data center configuration.
- Templates for solutions: The template database is based on best practices for monitoring complex application settings with the least amount of time and effort. The templates include built-in domain experience of specialized monitors, default metrics and thresholds, proactive testing, and best practices for a given application or monitoring component.
- Notifications, alerts, and reports: Email, SNMP traps, HTTP post, and database alerts are all supported. Administrators receive alerts based on defined thresholds and schedules.
- Flexibility in user management: Using LDAP or an internal management solution, define group-level permissions, construct user roles, and assign security groups depending on role. Extensive WS (Web Service)-based API that automates numerous management situations without the need for the SiteScope UI.
- Integrations with SiteScope: Micro Focus SiteScope not only offers a number of benefits on its own, but it can also be linked with a number of Micro Focus and third-party solutions, giving teams the ability to properly integrate their IT operations center.
Micro Focus SiteScope was previously known as HPE SiteScope, SiteScope.
Micro Focus SiteScope Customers
Vodafone Ireland, Kuveyt Turk Participation Bank
Micro Focus SiteScope Video
Micro Focus SiteScope Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Micro Focus SiteScope pricing:
Micro Focus SiteScope Reviews
Application Performance Management (APM)
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.