Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Micro Focus Service Virtualization OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Service Virtualization is #2 ranked solution in top Service Virtualization tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Service Virtualization an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Micro Focus Service Virtualization is most commonly compared to Broadcom Service Virtualization: Micro Focus Service Virtualization vs Broadcom Service Virtualization. Micro Focus Service Virtualization is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Micro Focus Service Virtualization?

Micro Focus Service Virtualization helps to simulate a services behavior in a production environment. This simulation software enables in-house development and testing teams to keep to their schedules regardless of access to production systems.

Micro Focus Service Virtualization was previously known as HPE Service Virtualization.

Micro Focus Service Virtualization Customers

Virgin Media, TTNet

Micro Focus Service Virtualization Video

Micro Focus Service Virtualization Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Service Virtualization pricing:
"It's an expensive solution, but you can get discounts. You have to buy one server and one designer together, for example, and it may cost 15 million Thai Baht."

Micro Focus Service Virtualization Reviews

AphiwatLeetavorn - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager, Director, Share Holder at Marco Technology
Is scalable and easy to use, but the monitoring feature needs improvement
  • "It is easy to use. This is what I tell my customers. The coding is easier to develop as well."
  • "The monitoring feature is not impressive because they use Windows for so much monitoring. They set a lock on the window, and then we have to gather the information from the main monitoring feature in the Windows server. There is not enough capacity for problem solving performance issues."

What is our primary use case?

My customers use it to replace the mainframe of each system that's difficult to provide in a test environment. We use virtualization or intelligent mockup.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. This is what I tell my customers. The coding is easier to develop as well.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring feature is not impressive because they use Windows for so much monitoring. They set a lock on the window, and then we have to gather the information from the main monitoring feature in the Windows server. There is not enough capacity for problem solving performance issues.

I've worked with this solution for six years.

Right now, the best platform for Micro Focus Service Virtualization is the Windows environment. Windows is somewhat less stable than Linux, and because Windows is not as stable, the maximum stability you can have with Micro Focus Service Virtualization is 70%.

The scalability is good.

The support for Micro Focus Service Virtualization is better than that for other products. The technical support staff are highly skilled. Sometimes, we don't have to open a ticket. We can just go into the community and then talk to them directly. I would rate technical support at seven out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is not complex, and it is easy to maintain.

It's an expensive solution, but you can get discounts. You have to buy one server and one designer together, for example, and it may cost 15 million Thai Baht.

What other advice do I have?

Because of the price, Micro Focus Service Virtualization is not for everyone. For large companies with specific use cases, this solution may be the best way to go.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at seven.

José Silvestre - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder and Managing Partner at Better Now
Simple to set up, stable, and works well for SAP virtualization

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution reseller and Micro Focus Service Virtualization is one of the products that we provide to our customers.

There are many use cases and we have done a lot of work with this product, but one of the popular ones is company credit card virtualization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is SAP virtualization.

What needs improvement?

The integration with other solutions, such as ALM and Jira, should be improved.

Micro Focus Service Virtualization

Stability-wise, this product is very good.

The initial setup is simple.

What other advice do I have?

The purpose for this tool is very obvious and Micro Focus covers it very well.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.