Micro Focus Real User Monitor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Real User Monitor is the #43 ranked solution in APM tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Real User Monitor an average rating of 7.2 out of 10. Micro Focus Real User Monitor is most commonly compared to AppDynamics: Micro Focus Real User Monitor vs AppDynamics. Micro Focus Real User Monitor is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Micro Focus Real User Monitor?

Real User Monitoring (RUM) an End user monitoring that gives you visibility into user behavior for fast, targeted problem resolution. It monitors the performance and availability of business-critical application services for all users at all locations all the time. It automatically discovers underlying infrastructure and classifies user actions - giving you instant visibility into session and whole service health over web, cloud, and mobile user experience. It allows you to trace user experience across tiers, capture live sessions, see where customers clicked, measure response times, and see pages that caused problems. And you can easily capture and replay user sessions to create test scripts that reflect real user behavior. All this data gives you new ability to analyze which application transactions your users are performing and what application response they are experiencing. RUM currently supports over 20 application protocols and applications such as SAP, Citrix, and native mobile application monitoring on Android.

Micro Focus Real User Monitor was previously known as Micro Focus RUM, HPE RUM, MF RUM.

Micro Focus Real User Monitor Customers

Avea, Maccabi Healthcare Services, TEB

Micro Focus Real User Monitor Video

Micro Focus Real User Monitor Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Real User Monitor pricing:
  • "If I compare with other vendors, other vendors are more expensive"
  • "Not expensive."
  • Micro Focus Real User Monitor Reviews

Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reasonably priced, good reporting, and is reliable but they should use code injection
    • "The reporting feature is good for us."
    • "This technology is considered to be older."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring. We have a business service and want to know what users are choosing and what the errors are. We also use it to calculate the business level agreements with the user experience.

We are an integration company.

What is most valuable?

The reporting feature is good for us.

What needs improvement?

This technology is considered to be older. We are using the type of data collection that is mirroring traffic from application servers to Real User Monitor servers. Many other vendors such as AppDynamics, and Dynatrace, are using code injection and the values are more true with code injection. But for the mirroring, or data mirroring, it is not as true.

On the technical side, the data mirroring is easier to configure. The code injection needs development. You have to direct the development team on what to do, for you to use the data. For the data mirroring, you can ask the network team to mirror the application server data to my server. You can get all of the data. it is very easy to configure.

Most of the dashboards require a lot of configuration. We are not happy with the dashboard.

It is simple but you need to do some extra configuration, and you need to know another reporting tool that needs to integrate with. It is very difficult to manage this process

I have been using Micro Focus Real User Monitor for more than ten years.

We are using the latest version.

Application Performance Management (APM)
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: November 2022.
    655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is very reliable. It's stable.

Micro Focus Real User Monitor is scalable. It is easy to scale.

We have 50 to 100 users in our organization who are using it. These include administration, implementation, and product owners.

Technical support is very responsive.

The initial setup was straightforward. It is very easy to set up.

Our license agreement is a three-year term.

Pricing is reasonable. If I compare with other vendors, other vendors are more expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but I would recommend code injection.

I would rate Micro Focus Real User Monitor a seven out of ten.

Sr. Solution Architect, Project Manager at The National Commercial Bank
    The reports and metrics we collect help us to improve our services
    • "Real User Monitor has improved our productivity."
    • "Real User Monitor needs to cover more protocols to provide more in-depth information. It could also be better at monitoring voice-related traffic. There is currently no visibility in that channel."

What is our primary use case?

We use Real User Monitor to monitor services and capture problems from a user perspective, such as availability issues. The reports and metrics we collect from Real User Monitor help us to improve our services. We have around 100 users.

How has it helped my organization?

Real User Monitor has improved our productivity.

What is most valuable?

Real User Monitor does its job, and that is why we have stayed with it for so many years.

What needs improvement?

Real User Monitor needs to cover more protocols to provide more in-depth information. It could also be better at monitoring voice-related traffic.  There is currently no visibility in that channel.

I have been using Real User Monitor for 10 years.

Real User Monitor is stable.

Real User Monitor can scale. We've increased the servers and applications while facing no restrictions on scalability. We plan to increase our usage and are already using it extensively. We are currently monitoring around 8,000 different real-user transactions.

I rate Micro Focus support as six out of 10. There has been some turnover in their support team. They are still onboarding new engineers who need some time to build expertise in this area.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Setting up Real User Monitor isn't easy, but it's not too complex, either. The implementation steps are defined and clear, but you need to follow them. After deployment, we need two admins to maintain it.

We installed Real User Monitor ourselves with support from the vendor.

We have seen a return.

The license is a one-time cost, but you need to pay annually for support. Though I don't have the numbers for comparison, Micro Focus costs significantly less than the products by Cisco and AppDynamics.

When we adopted Real User Monitor, there weren't many competitors in that space.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Micro Focus Real User Monitor eight out of 10. My advice is to start on the journey and don't stop.

Application Performance Management (APM)
    November 2022
    655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Kalyan Maddula - PeerSpot reviewer
    Presales Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Needs new architecture, but has effective tracking, and stability
    • "The most useful feature of this solution is tracking. When the application's traffic has been monitored it is taken from that particular application and analyzed. It is then given a live session of that particular user. For example, if you are using your bank application to do some kind of transaction, everything that you do can be tracked by that application."
    • "Everybody is moving away from traffic and installing agents on the application to do the job, but Micro Focus is using traditional ways to collect the traffic. They should change their architecture completely."

What is our primary use case?

Micro Focus Real User Monitor is used for monitoring users on a network.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature of this solution is tracking. When the application's traffic has been monitored it is taken from that particular application and analyzed. It is then given a live session of that particular user. For example, if you are using your bank application to do some kind of transaction, everything that you do can be tracked by that application.

What needs improvement?

Everybody is moving away from traffic and installing agents on the application to do the job, but Micro Focus is using traditional ways to collect the traffic. They should change their architecture completely.

I have been using Micro Focus Real User Monitor for approximately five years.

Once Micro Focus Real User Monitor is established, it is stable enough, but it requires a certain level of maintenance to take care of what is needed to operate. An operational maintenance resource is needed.

The solution could improve its scalability. As the traffic increases, you need multiple probes to collect the data.

The initial setup is cumbersome because you have to talk to the network team, enable some features, capture the traffic, and then analyze. It is a little cumbersome.

Other vendors are doing application-based/agent-based, but Micro Focus Real User Monitor is still doing traffic-based. AppDynamics has an agent which is installed and collects information. Dynatrace installs another agent and collects information. They don't depend on the network traffic.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution would be their traffic has to be directed into their network, traffic control is required. As long as the traffic is available, it can be monitored.

I rate Micro Focus Real User Monitor a five out of ten.

MiritGoldring - PeerSpot reviewer
    Delivery Manager at AMAN
    Stable, scalable, and low-cost solution
    • "Very easy to implement."
    • "Some issues with login errors."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is to monitor how users are working with our applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Real User Monitor has made it easier to drill down and see how users connect to and use our website. It allows us to check details like network performance and availability, connections between the server, which servers are active and inactive, which lets us create the KPI and metrics.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the monitoring website and the mobile application.

What needs improvement?

There have been some issues with customers implementing this solution and with login errors, which could be areas for improvement.

I've been working with this solution for twenty years.

I have found this solution to be very stable, I have not had any issues with it.

This solution is scalable.

Most of the time, I contact Micro Focus' R&D team if I need technical support, and they are very responsive.

Previously I used a solution called Business Service Management (BSM).

It was very easy to implement this application, all the instructions are provided to do it step-by-step, and it takes less than three hours to install.

This solution isn't very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Real User Monitor provides easy options. I would rate this solution nine out of ten.

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and more!
    Updated: November 2022