Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Matillion ETL OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Matillion ETL is #9 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. PeerSpot users give Matillion ETL an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Matillion ETL is most commonly compared to Informatica PowerCenter: Matillion ETL vs Informatica PowerCenter. Matillion ETL is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Matillion ETL?

Matillion ETL for Redshift is a fast, modern, easy-to-use and powerful ETL/ELT tool that makes it simple and productive to load and transform data on Amazon Redshift.  100 x faster than traditional ETL technology, up and running in under 5 minutes and prices from $1.37 per hour, with no commitments or up-front costs.

Matillion ETL was previously known as Matillion ETL for Redshift, Matillion ETL for Snowflake, Matillion ETL for BigQuery.

Matillion ETL Customers

Thrive Market, MarketBot, PWC, Axtria, Field Nation, GE, Superdry, Quantcast, Lightbox, EDF Energy, Finn Air, IPRO, Twist, Penn National Gaming Inc

Matillion ETL Video

Matillion ETL Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Matillion ETL pricing:
  • "Its price depends on what you expect. You pay on a monthly basis, but there is a possibility to have special contracts depending on the installation."
  • "I think it is cost conscious. It used to be very cheap and they have more recently bumped up the pricing, so it is competitive now."
  • Matillion ETL Reviews

Managing Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    A stable and scalable solution that allows you to do a lot of generic stuff and comes with good GUI and support
    • "The simplicity of this tool is nice. It has a good graphical user interface. You can also do a lot of generic stuff in the tool. If there is good connectivity to a cloud database, such as Snowflake, and you can have a lot of Snowflake functionality in the tool."
    • "It can have multi-environment support. We should be able to deploy it in different environments. Its integration with SAP connection is not so nice, which should be improved. It can also support an on-prem database."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting company. We provide services to our customers. You can use this solution for every use case for which you use an on-premise solution. You can use it for cloud data warehousing in the cloud. You can use it with other cloud databases such as Snowflake or Synapse. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

The simplicity of this tool is nice. It has a good graphical user interface.

You can also do a lot of generic stuff in the tool. If there is good connectivity to a cloud database, such as Snowflake, and you can have a lot of Snowflake functionality in the tool.

What needs improvement?

It can have multi-environment support. We should be able to deploy it in different environments.

Its integration with SAP connection is not so nice, which should be improved. It can also support an on-prem database.

We have been partnering with them for one year.

September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Matillion, Informatica, SnapLogic and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: September 2022.
    634,550 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable.

It is scalable like your cloud solution. We have five to ten customers of this solution.

Their technical support is very good. We are a partner, so we have a different channel. From our point of view, it is very good.

There is no installation. Everything is web-based or browser-based.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep providing it.

I would rate Matillion ETL an eight out of ten.

Data & Analytics Practitioner (BIDW, Big Data) at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    Beneficial data loading and high performance
    • "The loading of data is the most valuable feature of Matillion ETL."
    • "There are certain functions that are available in other ETL tools which are still not present in Matillion ETL. It would be good to have more features."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Matillion ETL for Snowflake. We are doing a migration project from SAP BODS
    to Matillion for Snowflake. We are migrating all the BODS data flows, workflows, to Matillion jobs.

How has it helped my organization?

The customer wanted to move ahead from the Oracle database and SAP BODS. They wanted to move into the cloud for their various data integration and as part of their digitalization. The customer wanted to move to a cloud-based solution. They preferred Matillion ETL for Snowflake.

What is most valuable?

The loading of data is the most valuable feature of Matillion ETL.

What needs improvement?

There are certain functions that are available in other ETL tools which are still not present in Matillion ETL. It would be good to have more features.

I have used Matillion ETL within the past 12 months.

The performance of Matillion ETL is good.

The solution is scalable.

Companies can receive a return on investment by using it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Matillion ETL for any cloud-based operations.

I rate Matillion ETL an eight out of ten.

September 2022
    634,550 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Data Architect at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (South Africa) Limited
    Very intuitive interface, compatible with many data warehouses, with infinite scalability

What is our primary use case?

It is cloud native and designed to run on cloud warehouses. There is compatibility with many of the cloud data warehouses, as well as Snowflake, and any SQL data warehouse. It is not compatible with other ETL products.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very intuitive.

What needs improvement?

I am looking forward to seeing the expansion of the source range for their data loader product. However, I think they have done a very good job of incorporating a lot of different data sources.

I have been working with Matillion ETL for four years now.

Matillion ETL is one hundred percent stable.

I have found that Matillion ETL is infinitely scalable.

Technical support is excellent.

The initial setup was very easy.

I think it is cost conscious. It used to be very cheap and they have more recently bumped up the pricing, so it is competitive now. I would not call it cheap anymore, but it is certainly competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Matillion ETL a nine out of ten it is a very good product.

Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Matillion, Informatica, SnapLogic, and more!
    Updated: September 2022