ManageEngine Password Manager Pro OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is the #10 ranked solution in top Single Sign-On (SSO) tools and top Enterprise Password Managers. PeerSpot users give ManageEngine Password Manager Pro an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is most commonly compared to Azure Key Vault: ManageEngine Password Manager Pro vs Azure Key Vault. ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Single Sign-On (SSO) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is ManageEngine Password Manager Pro?

Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises.

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro was previously known as Password Manager Pro.

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Customers

Australian Catholic University

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Video

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine Password Manager Pro pricing:
"On a scale of one to five, with one being expensive and five being competitive, I would rate the pricing of this solution as a five."

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Reviews

Founder at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Easy to use with good documentation and excellent password security
  • "The security provided is very enhanced and it does a great job of keeping passwords safe."
  • "It's a pretty technical solution. It's designed for more technical people."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a password vault. We use it mostly for privileged accounts. It's more for administrator application passwords. We don't use it for personal accounts. We use it for system accounts and privileged accounts only.

How has it helped my organization?

We don't have to be a recording our password on paper or in a document. It keeps things more secure.

What is most valuable?

We haven't had any problems with the solution. It's worked well so far.

The password manager is very good. I do not have to ask for the password. I can log in directly to a unique machine without knowing the password.

The solution has a very easy setup.

The cost of the solution is reasonable.

The solution has a lot of great features that make tasks easier for technical people.

The security provided is very enhanced and it does a great job of keeping passwords safe. You can either set the passwords that are stored in the repository, or you can let the system generate a password every time you need a password. The system can also automatically reset the password for you in the system. In terms of password compliance, it helps with regular updates of passwords, hiding of passwords, or allowing users to understand who is using which password.

The product is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the person who doesn't actually use those passwords becomes responsible for the password. You find passwords belonging to one person, and then everybody else has to ask for passwords from under that account. Sometimes it becomes cumbersome.

It's a pretty technical solution. It's designed for more technical people.

Single Sign-On (SSO)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, LogMeIn, Fortinet and others in Single Sign-On (SSO). Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for more than two years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is reliable. If there have been any issues, it likely had nothing to do with the actual product and was probably just the environment. Typically issues we've faced are something that can just be fixed quickly.

We are sort of scaling out right now. We don't have any issues, with the deployment and expansion, as we are running the same platform and managing systems in two different data centers. If a company needs to scale, it shouldn't have any issues.

We have about 60 people on the solution. That said, we use a single sign on, and therefore there are more than 60 people who can go through ManageEngine.

We are likely to increase the number probably to more than a hundred, as more technical people get involved in our systems. The idea is to have all systems enrolled.

We've dealt with technical support a few times now. They have been responsive, and there is good documentation that is also available. We're quite satisfied with the level of support.

The initial setup was not complex. It was straightforward. We mostly do our own implementation.

We did the deployment over a period of time. We had to look at how many systems there were and how many passwords we had to migrate to the system. We had to go through step by step.

The solution does need occasional maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We did ask the vendor for some specific help in certain areas where we needed guidance.

I'm not too familiar with the licensing process. It is my understanding that we pay for support, and we pay on a yearly basis for the license.

The pricing is okay. It's not too expensive. Usually, we negotiate before we agree to the price. If it's a price we can't afford, we don't buy anything.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user.

We're currently using the latest version of the solution. We actually just recently updated the product a week or two ago.

I would recommend the resolution to other organizations. There are even more features we are planning to implement. I'd recommend it to any person who needs a password vault.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Aaron Dalgleish - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Consultant at a government with 201-500 employees
An affordable solution with good tech support, but room for improvement in making the UI more user-friendly
  • "The support from the customer service team is good, they respond on time, and they always seem to be quite knowledgeable."
  • "There is room for improvement in making the UI more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a password vault to store our passwords so that the IT team can access them.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in making the UI more user-friendly. When you search for a password, there are some things you can't edit from the search bar, so you have to go back to the main window and scroll through to edit them.

My company has been using the solution for about five years.

I have found the product to be very stable.

The solution can scale to our needs. I would say this solution is suitable and affordable for a company of any size.

The support from the customer service team is good, they respond on time, and they always seem to be quite knowledgeable. On a scale of one to five, one being the worst and five being the best, I would rate them a 5.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We handled the installation in-house and I'd say it was easy, but there's a bit of setup required for it, and some of that was a bit confusing. On a scale of one to five, with one being the worst and five being the best, I would rate the setup experience as a three.

The price is good. It would have been one of the reasons we originally chose the solution. On a scale of one to five, with one being expensive and five being competitive, I would rate the pricing of this solution as a five.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution as a seven out of ten.

Download our free Single Sign-On (SSO) Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, LogMeIn, Fortinet, and more!
Updated: November 2022