We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Jason Gagnon
Senior Cyber Security Engineer at a individual & family service with 10,001+ employees
Good support, offers customized alarms, and helps us to focus our investigative efforts
  • "I have found the Advanced Intelligence Engine has provided the most value to us because we can customize alarms based on our requirements and have created hundreds of alarms that notify different people for different scenarios."
  • "There used to be the ability to create alarms based on message text that was included in LR Version 6.x that has been removed in LogRhythm 7.x, and on that, I would like to see it added back."

What is our primary use case?

We use multiple instances as dark sites. We have roughly 350-400 hosts per site consisting of 4K to 5K log sources.

How has it helped my organization?

It has not only helped us meet requirements on a development program, but it has also allowed us to focus on insider threats as well as provide forensics capabilities to identify potential security risks.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There used to be the ability to create alarms based on message text that was included in LR Version 6.x that has been removed in LogRhythm 7.x, and on that, I would like to see it added back. I was told that this was due to processor overhead but with the amount of CPU and memory suggested, I don't see why this would be an issue.

I have been using LogRhythm NextGen SIEM for six years.

It is stable when all the resource recommendations are met.

Scalability is endless with this product.

Technical support has been great.

We did not use another product prior to this one.

The initial setup is pretty straight forward.

Our in-house team handled deployment.

I don't get involved with pricing.

We did not evaluate other options.

security solutions integrator at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
The GUI is easy to explore, and it integrates well with other security solutions
  • "LogRhythm's GUI is easy to explore. We also like other features, such as its integration with other security solutions, log correlation, and the deployment of use cases."
  • "LogRhythm's SOAR and NDR features don't stack up well against competitors. maybe integrating theme functionality as the other do. But in general, it's okay."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

LogRhythm's SOAR and NDR features don't stack up well against competitors.

We started with LogRhythm about three years ago.

LogRhythm is stable.

Scalability is a matter of cost. LogRhythm has the technical capacity to scale if you pay for the components and licenses.

LogRhythm's support is good.

Setting up LogRhythm is straightforward. It is not complicated.

We work with French-speaking African countries, and it costs more than the average SIEM solution. Also, the pricing isn't too flexible. AlienVault, Splunk, and IBM QRadar are more suitable for customers on a tight budget.

What other advice do I have?

I rate LogRhythm eight out of 10. With any solution, you need to deploy the use cases correctly, so the customer should understand the use cases for a SIEM. An SIEM solution only collects and centralizes logs instead of detecting unknown malware. There are no use cases that are customized to fit the customers' context.

Learn what your peers think about LogRhythm NextGen SIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Shreenkhala Bhattarai
Cyber Security Researcher at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Efficiently catches threats and reduces the risk of exposure

What is our primary use case?

Private monitoring is our primary use case.

What is most valuable?

In terms of security, LogRhythm NextGen SIEM is great.

I have been using LogRhythm NextGen SIEM for one year.

LogRhythm NextGen SIEM is stable.

Scalability-wise, it's not that great, but integration with other solutions is pretty easy.

The technical support is great.

We also use Splunk, but in terms of security, we always recommend LogRhythm NextGen SIEM.

The initial setup was very…

What is our primary use case?

Private monitoring is our primary use case.

What is most valuable?

In terms of security, LogRhythm NextGen SIEM is great.

I have been using LogRhythm NextGen SIEM for one year.

LogRhythm NextGen SIEM is stable.

The technical support is great.

The initial setup was very straightforward. We deployed LogRhythm very easily. In total, including configuration, we deployed this solution in less than one day.

In the context of our country, the price of this solution is too high.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give LogRhythm NextGen SIEM a rating of eight.

I would definitely recommend this solution; my only concern is with the price — it should be lower.

Download our free LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.