Kofax RPA OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kofax RPA is the #13 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give Kofax RPA an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Kofax RPA is most commonly compared to UiPath: Kofax RPA vs UiPath. Kofax RPA is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Kofax RPA Buyer's Guide

Download the Kofax RPA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Kofax RPA?

Eliminate Errors by Automating Data Gathering and Input

Reduce error-prone, manual data entry and complete processes the same way, every time, resulting in more accurate, reliable outcomes. Automate virtually any activity that involves accessing and acting on information.

Increase Operational Efficiency with Intelligent Software Robots

Streamline the collection of important business data so you can stop draining your budget and resources. Infuse speed, intelligence, efficiency and quality into your business processes while freeing up your employees for more valuable work.

Lower Development Costs without the Need for Coding

Develop robotic automation processes to automatically run complex integrations and access any web data source without the need for costly and time-consuming coding. Efficiently complete automation projects that have been previously delayed due to more pressing needs.

Extend the Value of Business Process Automation (BPM) Solutions

Deploy robotic process automation (RPA) tactically within a business unit to meet your specific goals for a part of or the entire process. Run RPA as complementary to your business management (BPM) and case management platforms—using robots at various steps within a larger set of key business processes to further eliminate manual work.

Monitor and Optimize Processes with Robotic Process Intelligence

Proactively monitor and optimize the health of your robotic process automation platform with Kapow Robotic Process Intelligence. Monitor trends, ensure compliance, detect potential problems in real time and maximize the productivity of your digital workforce.

Kofax RPA was previously known as Kofax Kapow, Kapow.

Kofax RPA Customers
Aetna, BNP Paribas, Citi, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, Aviva, Humana, Willis, Merck, University Hospitals, CardinalHealth, American Red Cross, Alegri, Capita
Kofax RPA Video

Kofax RPA Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kofax RPA pricing:
  • "I don't have complete insight at this point in time, but I would guess that Kofax is a lot less expensive than Automation Anywhere. I would expect its license to be on a yearly basis."
  • "Its pricing is reasonable given the product capabilities. Kofax has a wide range of products, and it can sometimes be confusing to understand which capabilities come with which product set. One of the key facets that we've been looking into recently is cognitive document recognition that was a core pile of some of their other technologies such as Kofax transformation modules (KTM)."
  • "Price is not a problem, because they are a competitor and we have a special rate."
  • "There is a standard license needed to use Kofax RPA and the price is reasonable."
  • "Kofax RPA is moderately priced but expensive in comparison to UiPath and Power Automate."
  • Kofax RPA Reviews

Venkateswarlu Paturu - PeerSpot reviewer
    Service Delivery Manager / Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Stable, scalable, and provides flexibility to use already-developed components, but its documentation is not widely available and it needs a feature similar to Discovery Bot
    • "The flexibility to use already-developed components is really good. You can use it for Excel-related operations and other things."
    • "Its documentation is not widely available on the web. They should work on the availability of its documentation. In Automation Anywhere, there is a feature called Discovery Bot that automatically records the process steps and suggests a possible bot. I am not sure if such a feature is available in Kofax. If it is not available, it will be very good to have this feature. "

What is our primary use case?

We did a POC for a customer. We had a couple of use cases to pull information from one system and upload it to the cloud, and based on that data, we were building some reports in Tableau. This data needed to be periodically available in the cloud, and we were using Kofax for that.

Within our organization, we have implemented it for collecting the employee timesheet data and sending reports to the top management on a daily basis. We are currently using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to use already-developed components is really good. You can use it for Excel-related operations and other things.

What needs improvement?

Its documentation is not widely available on the web. For Automation Anywhere, a lot of documentation and YouTube videos are widely available, whereas the documentation for Kofax is not that widely available. When there is a problem, the channels through which I can get a solution are limited. Its forums are also limited as compared to Automation Anywhere, and we have to figure things out ourselves, which takes a lot of time. They should work on the availability of its documentation.

In Automation Anywhere, there is a feature called Discovery Bot that automatically records the process steps and suggests a possible bot. I am not sure if such a feature is available in Kofax. If it is not available, it will be very good to have this feature. It will definitely help in involving non-technical people who are dealing with the process. They can go ahead and run this discovery bot and then provide that input to the technical team. The technical team can use this input to improve an already-defined high-level bot.

As of now, it seems to be stable. We haven't used it for a high volume.

Kofax RPA
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Kofax RPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is scalable at this point. It is scalable for the purpose for which we are using it.

From a development point of view, we currently have two users. We have plans to increase its usage.

I haven't got a chance to interact with them.

We have done a lot of work with Automation Anywhere. We have recently started to work with Kofax. Competitively, it is on par with Automation Anywhere. However, for Automation Anywhere, a lot of documentation and YouTube videos are widely available, whereas the documentation for Kofax is not that widely available. Kofax RPA is also not as straightforward to deploy as Automation Anywhere.

It is not that straightforward.  We tried it and then went ahead and set it up. There is a way to deploy the bots and all that stuff, and we literally had to figure everything out. It is not as straightforward as Automation Anywhere. It is a little bit more complex than Automation Anywhere.

Its deployment didn't take too much time. We figured it out within four or five hours.

I don't have complete insight at this point in time, but I would guess that Kofax is a lot less expensive than Automation Anywhere. I would expect its license to be on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is a comparatively good solution. They seem to have a very strong OCR solution and DocuSign solution as part of Kofax.

We are getting more insights into their partner program. We have requested to get into their partner program. If our organization becomes a partner, it will possibly have a little advantage on the cost side. We have a very strong customer base across Europe, America, and India. We tried to sell Automation Anywhere, and one of the customers was very much interested in the solution, but everything got stopped because of the price. I just want to see if Kofax's pricing is a little bit competitive and there is a price advantage for partners so that I can suggest it as an alternative to customers who are approaching us for automation solutions.

I would rate Kofax RPA a seven out of ten.

Alexandre Cordova - PeerSpot reviewer
    Solutions Architect at Latourette Consulting
    Good pricing with very helpful technical support and an easy initial setup
    • "The pricing of the solution is quite good."
    • "The process discovery could be a bit better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for our banking clients based in Brazil and Latin America.

What is most valuable?

The solution is excellent for consulting websites. It helps make it possible to send information. They make it possible to download the solution or allow clients to upload files.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The configuration of the product is very fast and easy in comparison to other options.

The pricing of the solution is quite good.

The product has been very stable.

The solution can scale.

Technical support is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The HR and IT areas of the product need to be improved. Right now, they are lacking. They need to be modernized. More logistics should be involved.

The process discovery could be a bit better.

The product needs to develop a web version of the solution.

I've been using the solution for more than seven years at this point. It's been quite a few years since we started using it.

The stability is quite good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. You can have anywhere from one to 20 robots on one machine.

Our clients vary in size. Some are smaller organizations. We also work with larger companies.

Typically, you only really need a few IT people on the solution. It's not meant to be accessible to the entire employee pool.

Technical support from Kofax is very good. We also offer support to our clients. We're the first level of support, and if the problem is something deep in the system, we would get Kofax involved. However, largely, we can handle any troubleshooting that the clients need. We've been quite satisfied with the level of support provided so far. They are very quick and quite knowledgeable.

The initial setup is fairly simple. It's not too complex. Everything is handled on their end. You simply need to pick the style and configuration you want and the product is delivered to you according to your specifications.

The deployment process typically takes about three months. Normally you have to do discovery and map the processes before making the configuration and delivering the final solution.

There isn't a lot of maintenance required. You only need one or two people to deploy and maintain everything.

We are capable of implementing the solution for our customers. However, the solution is delivered according to a client's specifications from the company itself.

The solution requires that you pay upfront for installing the product on sites. It may be a bit different of a setup if you go with a cloud or SaaS version, however, we use the on-premises deployment. You do pay separate amounts for different areas of the solution.

The pricing is very good in the region. It's very competitive.

We have looked at UiPath and Automation Anywhere. There are the main competitors to Kofax in Latin America.

The main difference between the solution is that Kofax is much more centralized. It has a Wizard and a robot that help with the configuration as well.

What other advice do I have?

We both sell and implement the solution for our clients.

We're using both versions 10 and 11 at this time.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been quite satisfied with it overall.

Kofax RPA
    November 2022
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Ross Macadam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director at iicon ltd
    Reasonable price, good ability to script information from websites, and reasonably easy to manage on a server-based deployment
    • "The ability to script information from websites is most valuable. It also seems to be fairly robust and reasonably easy to manage on a server-based deployment. We have a number of robots operating on the central server."
    • "We are on version 10.6, and the current version seems to be 11. Kofax is cycling the capabilities of the product very quickly. One of the difficulties has been to actually keep up with the capabilities as they've evolved. On the one hand, it is good that the product is getting better, but on the other hand, it is difficult to implement the best way with a product that is evolving constantly."

What is our primary use case?

We spider information from a variety of websites and create reports, which we use internally for competitive purposes.

What is most valuable?

The ability to script information from websites is most valuable. It also seems to be fairly robust and reasonably easy to manage on a server-based deployment. We have a number of robots operating on the central server.

What needs improvement?

We are on version 10.6, and the current version seems to be 11. Kofax is cycling the capabilities of the product very quickly. One of the difficulties has been to actually keep up with the capabilities as they've evolved. On the one hand, it is good that the product is getting better, but on the other hand, it is difficult to implement the best way with a product that is evolving constantly.

I have been using this solution for probably about three years.

It seems to be fairly robust.

We are a very small company. There are only a few of us in the company, but all of us use the output in various ways.

Their technical support is good. Because they're putting a lot of resources into R&D development and quickly deploying the product, when you actually raise a case with them, their support people are able to directly interface with the technical people and come back with an answer pretty quickly.

It is fairly easy to set up as a product.

Its pricing is reasonable given the product capabilities. Kofax has a wide range of products, and it can sometimes be confusing to understand which capabilities come with which product set. One of the key facets that we've been looking into recently is cognitive document recognition that was a core pile of some of their other technologies such as Kofax transformation modules (KTM).

What other advice do I have?

We are using it in a fairly niche way to do web research. We have had some experience of doing internal robots, etc, and we had some experience of actually doing some implementations with larger organizations that we work for. The major observation we've made while automating routine tasks via a macro model is that in long term, they can be difficult to automate with complex systems like SAP because the base system has many different routes through the forest. When you do an RPA implementation, you may automate one route through the forest, but you then find that there are multiple routes that can diverge from that, so an initial project or initial robot spec can actually grow far beyond your initial expectations.

I would rate Kofax RPA an eight out of ten. In general, we've found it to be very functional and quite good. They seem to be offering features on newer instances faster than what we can absorb. There is feature overload, and possibly other RPA vendors are in the same area because the market does seem to be quite solid.

Technology Lead Engineering and Platforms / Global Delivery Lead - RPA at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
    Scalable, with prompt technical support, but they should include more language support
    • "The OCR was quite stable and flexible."
    • "I would like to see them further enhance the OCR, specifically in the multi-language support."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kofax for one of the OCR capabilities, where we had to wire scan some video documents and extract information from them.

What is most valuable?

The OCR is quite stable and flexible. It was able to recognize hundreds of items in some of the use cases.

At times it was equal to ABBYY. ABBYY is definitely a leader in OCR from what I understand, although I haven't worked with it.

They also have good integration tools.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them further enhance the OCR, specifically in the multi-language support. We had a document in Japanese where there was a bit of a struggle. If that could be corrected in the new release that would be good.

I have been in the RPA space for five years.

In most cases, we are using the latest version.

It's stable to an extent.

It's a scalable product.

In my organization, there are close to 100 automation processes.

Technical support is quite prompt. I haven't had any issues.

If I wanted support from Kofax or Automation Anywhere, both are good and respond promptly.

I have worked in UiPath and Automation Anywhere.

I was not a part of the installation. It was done by the infrastructure team.

The number of staff that it requires for deployment is dependant on the scale you want it to be. For example, the current team that is working with Automation Anywhere has a team of 20 developers and four admin teams.

Price is not a problem, because they are a competitor and we have a special rate.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It's a good product.

We are not using the latest version, we have yet to migrate, but it is serving our purpose. I don't see any major issues.

In regards to integration, they are improving constantly and adding more connectors, which means integration is working well.

I don't have any issues with security or stability.

If I have to integrate with any other applications or tools, the partnership has to be established. For example, if you have to have a connector with Veeva Vault or SAP, the connector should be available.

The partnership or third-party should be available with that tool.

Technically, they have connectors with several other third parties. There could be exceptions.

I would rate Kofax RPA a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Manager at a logistics company with 10,001+ employees
    Lengthy support wait times, missing features, but effective simple task automation
    • "The most valuable feature of Kofax RPA is the simplicity of automating tasks."
    • "Kofax RPA could improve web-based automation and there should be a choice of what browser we can use, such as Google Chrome, instead of an inbuilt browser from Kofax RPA. Additionally, Kofax RPA is missing an orchestrator that other solutions have, such as UiPath."

What is our primary use case?

We have over 250 use cases for Kofax RPA. For example, we use it for master data management, tracking, and data migration.

How has it helped my organization?

Kofax RPA has provided our organization with a lot of savings in many different areas and we have improvements in data quality.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Kofax RPA is the simplicity of automating tasks.

What needs improvement?

Kofax RPA could improve web-based automation and there should be a choice of what browser we can use, such as Google Chrome, instead of an inbuilt browser from Kofax RPA. Additionally, Kofax RPA is missing an orchestrator that other solutions have, such as UiPath.

I have been using Kofax RPA for approximately three years.

Kofax RPA is stable.

The scalability of Kofax RPA is good, but it is not easy to do.

We have approximately 80 users using this solution in my organization.

I have used the support from Kofax RPA. There have been a lot of issues we have had that have taken weeks, if not months to fix and the support is not satisfactory.

I rate the support from Kofax RPA a five out of ten.

Neutral

The initial setup of Kofax RPA was complex.

The migration to Kofax RPA could improve. It is very difficult to migrate.

I rate the initial setup of Kofax RPA a three out of ten.

We did the implementation of the solution in-house. The maintenance is difficult, and we have a development team using it.

There is a standard license needed to use Kofax RPA and the price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We want to switch to UiPath because it is the market leader and it has features that are missing in Kofax RPA.

My advice to others is only to choose this solution if they are looking to automate simple processes.

I rate Kofax RPA a five out of ten.

Solution Developer at Self employeed
    Automation solution that is powered by AI and is suitable for enterprises looking to scale
    • "It is very simple and easy to learn compared to any other RPA tools such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism."
    • "Automation with the latest websites is not effective. The support of newer websites developed using new technologies would improve this solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our customer that uses this solution is in the healthcare domain. They do a lot of web automation and use this solution for that purpose. I have also used this solution for web automation for insurance companies in South Asia.

What is most valuable?

It is very simple and easy to learn compared to any other RPA tools such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism.

What needs improvement?

Automation with the latest websites is not effective. The support of newer websites developed using new technologies would improve this solution. The Java and Windows application automation could also be simplified.

I have been using this solution for six years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution. We have a separate management console where the admin can add users and all the reports can be generated from there. Logs can also be seen from the management console. This is an enterprise application and has the capability of scaling up.

The support team is very supportive in terms of fixing issues.

Positive

It is easy and straightforward but this does depend on the use case and level of automation required.

What other advice do I have?

Firstly, you need to understand whether you can automate your processes or manual activities. If you have a lot of departments and manual activities, this is a good automation tool. If you have few manual activities, a programming document like Java would be a better option.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. The reasons are that it is very easy to implement, maintain, and learn. It is possible to train a developer easily to use this solution.

Finance Analyst at a maritime company with 10,001+ employees
    Great with complex documents but UI could be improved
    • "Kofax RPA's best feature is its high success percentage in picking up information from documents, especially where the DPI is really low."
    • "Kofax RPA's UI could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Kofax is predominantly used for data extraction from documents in the banking industry.

How has it helped my organization?

Kofax RPA has allowed us to create a program in which the top 100 forms used across the organization are extracted and pushed into a database, from which any team globally can extract the information from those forms.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Kofax RPA's UI could be more user-friendly. In the future, I'd like to see more frequent updates and better integration with Citrix.

I've been working with Kofax RPA for around eight months.

Kofax RPA is stable and performs as expected.

Kofax RPA is scalable.

Kofax's technical support is reasonably responsive, though not the fastest.

Neutral

I previously used UiPath and Blue Prism and changed at the request of clients.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward and took around two to three weeks.

We used an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

Unless it's necessary to interact with or extract information from complex documents, I would recommend choosing a different solution than Kofax RPA. I'd rate Kofax RPA seven out of ten.

Cuneyt Ugur - PeerSpot reviewer
    Robotic Process Automation Leader at Borusan CAT
    Constantly improving with valuable tools for integration with RPA tools

What is our primary use case?

We mainly deal with robots for accounting sites and we have more than 140 of them with most used for accounting departments. For marketing departments, we have web crawling robots that use websites to collect a lot of market information. The solution is also used for main core accounting processes such as purchase orders or accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc. There are core activities in this process - entering invoices into SAP, creating invoices, bank account collections. The solution is also used for the operation site where we have more than 10,000 machines in different geographic locations. We get thousands of IoT signals from these machines and we check for error signals, many of which are diagnostic. We can provide information that can prevent a machine being corrupted. We are customers of Kofax.

What is most valuable?

The solution is improving every day and they have valuable tools for integration with RPA tools like OCR system, for example. We use it on our PDF documents and on our invoices.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved if they would use AI integrated robots. Some AI integrated features would be nice.

I've been using this solution for about four years.

The initial setup is not complex; we use consultants for deployment and upgrading. They can handle it in two hours. We have more than 140 robots and we're expanding every day. We currently have four robot engines running at the same time.

What other advice do I have?

I don't think there is a major difference among all the RPA tools on the market. We use Kofax effectively and I'm happy with it.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Download our free Kofax RPA Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022