Kaseya Traverse OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaseya Traverse is the #23 ranked solution in top Cloud Monitoring Software and #58 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Kaseya Traverse an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Kaseya Traverse is most commonly compared to PRTG Network Monitor: Kaseya Traverse vs PRTG Network Monitor. Kaseya Traverse is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 51% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is Kaseya Traverse?

Immediately identify impacted IT services using insights based on rich data analytics of events such as SNMP traps, Windows events and Syslogs. Resolve faults quickly via NetFlow enabled root cause analysis across cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud and virtualized IT environments.

Kaseya Traverse Customers
UltiSat, Clear Concepts, nVidia, United States Postal Service, Cisco, Redbox, Spark Digital, People's Bank & Trust
Kaseya Traverse Video

Kaseya Traverse Reviews

Rajendra Karad - PeerSpot reviewer
National Support Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
All monitoring aspects are included and pretty good but support is unsatisfactory
  • "Most of the features are pretty good and the solution is user friendly."
  • "Reporting is tedious and not organized in the way customers expect."

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses the solution to provide network monitoring and configuration management for our customers.

For some customers, we also provide monitoring for their entire data centers including storage, hypervisors, and the cloud environment.

For another set of customers, we run links and provide link monitoring only.

What is most valuable?

The solution covers all monitoring aspects and components from the network , server, and application cloud.

Most of the features are pretty good and the solution is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is tedious and not organized in the way customers expect. Development is needed for reporting because it is almost nonexistent.

Workflows and AI are missing from the solution.

I have been using the solution for four years.

Network Monitoring Software
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about Kaseya, Paessler AG, SolarWinds and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable with no issues. Once it is configured, there are no challenges. Any bugs are fixed with patches applied by Kaseya.

I rate stability a nine out of ten.

The solution is scalable and we currently have 10,000 devices that use it.

Technical support is the worst. Responses are bad because support does not understand the priority of a customer's requirement. A customer uses the NMS tool to look after availability first and then performance of business services. The support team does not understand this workflow so responses are not good.

In most cases, our tickets have been open for more than one year without resolutions.

I do not even want to rate support because it is so bad. I would rate support a zero if given the option.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Negative

The setup is easy so I rate it a seven out of ten.

We implement the solution for customers. It takes 30 minutes to configure and deploy. One person can handle two or three deployments at a time.

We have a template for new customers that includes device configuration. Any new discovery will grab the template by default and align to alert the server automatically. The solution integrates with Kaseya Vorex which we use as our professional services automation tool for ticketing purposes. All monitoring alerts are converted into a ticket in the Vorex portal.

On a monthly basis, we handle database maintenance and upgrades.

Our company is able to propose the solution as a service so our up-front investment is less.

We have built a team for supporting the solution on the operational front. Unless there are software issues, we don't even need to engage with development. We save on implementation, management, and support because our team handles everything.

Our monitoring and management services are bundled and provide us with a good profit.

The pricing model is pretty simple and all features are included in the base price. It costs about 5,000 rupees per device. The only add-on is network configuration management.

In comparison to other products, I rate pricing a nine out of ten.

We explored Zabbix along with the solution. Zabbix is not a bad product but is open source so does not have the level of support we need.

In comparison to other OEM tools, the solution has a simple pricing model that includes all modules and features in one product. That is a benefit to us.

What other advice do I have?

Frankly, I am in favor of the solution but it lacks development and support. This is a major concern because customers are looking for good support. When we meet with customers, they first talk technical and then ask about support. Pricing discussions come later.

I cannot recommend the solution because support is unsatisfactory.

I rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Associate Vice President - CIS (Internal IT) at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Flexible, scalable, but support could improve
  • "We have found the solution to be very flexible to our requirements. We have been able to configure it on-premise effectively when we were using less of the cloud."
  • "Kaseya Traverse can improve by adding a Service Map to help us create a configuration management database (CMDB), this would be helpful for us."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for infrastructure monitoring.

What is most valuable?

Most which are available

What needs improvement?

Kaseya Traverse can improve by adding a Service Map to help us create a configuration management database (CMDB), this would be helpful for us. Additionally, competitors have been integrating a Network Visualizer as part of their offering and this is something that would be a good benefit to have in this solution.

Our team has been using Kaseya Traverse for approximately nine years.

There have not been any problems worth noting. However, there've been issues related sql database vulnerability which never came to us proactively and resolution is dodging.

The solution is scalable, to our current requirement. However, without incorporating service map / CMDB / visualizer, Traverse cannot take us any further.

The support for the solution needs some improvement. In my experience, the response time to answer a query is slow.

The setup is not complex.

What other advice do I have?

Personally, I rate Kaseya Traverse a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Kaseya, Paessler AG, SolarWinds, and more!
Updated: January 2023