We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Informatica PIM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica PIM is #5 ranked solution in top Master Data Management (MDM) Software tools. PeerSpot users give Informatica PIM an average rating of 8 out of 10. Informatica PIM is most commonly compared to Informatica MDM: Informatica PIM vs Informatica MDM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is Informatica PIM?

MDM – Product 360 is Informatica’s master data-fueled product information management (PIM) system. It allows business users to more effectively manage and collaborate on product content to fuel all sales channels with consistent, rich, and accurate product data for an informed and engaging customer experience. By delivering clean, consistent, and trusted product data, Product 360 empowers customer engagement and a company’s digital transformation by increasing speed, agility, and time to market.

Informatica PIM was previously known as PIM, Product 360, Heiler.

Download the Master Data Management (MDM) Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Informatica PIM Customers

Puma, Saint Gobain, Unilever

Informatica PIM Video

Archived Informatica PIM Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user683442
PIM Data Administrator at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We can update the information on the master catalog for urgent tasks.

What is most valuable?

Having access to PIM production, we get all the details of the supplier from here and we also get to update the information on the master catalog for urgent tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

In our department, it's easier to get the information needed in a report or task. I cannot go into details due to confidentiality issues.

What needs improvement?

From my point of view, a quick response time is needed when searching for an item.

I have been using this system for almost ten months.

There were no stability issues so far.

There were no scalability issues so far.

How is customer service and

What needs improvement?

I have been using this system for almost ten months.

There were no stability issues so far.

There were no scalability issues so far.

I would rate the technical support a 10/10. They are very helpful and provide updates as and when needed.

Delivery Manager of PIM at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Valuable features include: flexible task-based workflows, dashboards and graphs, and channel specific exports.

Valuable Features:

New ProductBusiness user-friendly web user interface, dashboards and graphs, flexible task-based workflow, ability to use library of out-of-box data quality rules or define custom DQ business rules, channel specific exports, fully customizable BPM workflow engine for task management and notifications, enterprise scalable performance, flexible data model and hierarchy management.

Improvements to My Organization:

Our Implementation Delivery team is able to design and implement robust business solutions for PIM and Product MDM for our many large, global Retail, Manufacturing and Distribution clients.

Room for Improvement:

Additional pre-built, "plug and play" out of the box functionality should continue to be built.  Additional pre-built capabilities and connectors to better integrate with social product data for ratings/reviews, additional Ecomm and external DAM solutions.

Use of Solution:

Approximately 4 years.

Deployment Issues:

Some technical issues have been encountered and resolved during migrations and cutovers.

Stability Issues:

We have seen stability issues with older versions, particularly 6.x and below. Newer versions have proven stable.

Scalability Issues:

Scalability is on par or better than any other solution on the market. One of our customers has over 21 million SKUs in PIM, and others have 100's of international users.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Infoverity is an implementation partner of Informatica and many other PIM/MDM best-in-class vendors
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, SAP, Stibo Systems and others in Master Data Management (MDM) Software. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Director of Data and Analytics at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Excel-like, so adoption is easy with users.

What is most valuable?

Excel-like, so adoption is easy with users. The exporting and importing of information makes data management easier.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to assimilate our vendor products enhance the data for our web sites and other internal systems and then sync the data out to our customer facing systems with updated prices and product information. It is helping our purchase orders to be more accurate to our vendors.

What needs improvement?

The job scheduler needs improvement.

3 years

The deployment went very well. We contracted with a smart partner who specializes in product information data implementations. This made all the difference.…

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

The job scheduler needs improvement.

3 years

Excellent

Excellent

This was new for us to move our product data to this system.

Our data was complex so our implementation was. Our contractor who had worked with this tool as an implementer really helped us to configure the data.

Vendor team.

We reduced product data setup time from 1.5 hours to 30 minutes.

Bilas Palit
Enterprise Architect at Cognizant
It's flexible and intuitive, but workflow and the UI needs some improvement.

What is most valuable?

Overall product management, flexibility, intuitiveness and governance.

What needs improvement?

Workflow & UI

2 Years

4/5

I used IBM PIM before, I switched because of customer centricity, enriched out of box product data management features in Informatica PIM.

Straightforward

Vendor team

Yes, STEP, Oracle PIM

What is most valuable?

Overall product management, flexibility, intuitiveness and governance.

What needs improvement?

Workflow & UI

2 Years