IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Informatica Data Quality OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Informatica Data Quality is #4 ranked solution in top Data Quality tools. PeerSpot users give Informatica Data Quality an average rating of 8 out of 10. Informatica Data Quality is most commonly compared to Informatica Cloud Data Quality: Informatica Data Quality vs Informatica Cloud Data Quality. Informatica Data Quality is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 77% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Data Quality Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Informatica Data Quality?

Deliver high-quality clean and trusted data with an enterprise class data quality and governance solution that scales, regardless of size or format or data, platform, or technology.

Informatica Data Quality Customers

Condé Nast, Tani, U.S. Xpress Enterprise

Informatica Data Quality Video

Archived Informatica Data Quality Reviews (more than two years old)

Hariprasad-Sharma - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Mass Data Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Data profiling features help us to improve quality and mature our business processes
  • "We are able to set rules, establish a data quality management platform, and monitor the quality."
  • "I would like to see better visuals for business users, such as a dashboard where they can precisely track where problems are."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data quality management.

How has it helped my organization?

We have matured as an organization with regards to better quality management, and we have evolved over time. This solution has had a positive impact on our efficiency, especially with regard to finance officers. They rely on the quality of data for customers and vendors so that they can invoice properly. From a sales point of view, there are also improvements.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is data profiling. We are able to set rules, establish a data quality management platform, and monitor the quality. These features are excellent.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better visuals for business users, such as a dashboard where they can precisely track where problems are. You should be able to better visualize data quality.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Trillium, Oracle and others in Data Quality. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using this solution for about nine years.

This solution is stable.

The technical support for this solution is good. They have a good mechanism for support and I haven't experienced any problem with it.

Prior to using this solution, we did not use a dedicated product for data quality. Rather, we used a combination of other products. One of these was CranSoft, by BackOffice Associates. We switched because this product was quite immature, not covering the governance part of it. It was more for data quality, only.

The initial setup of this solution is pretty much straightforward. The deployment should not be complex, although there are other factors that influence the time it takes to complete.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on your environment. If you need large scale data quality and rely heavily on different connections to ge the data, then you really need a good powerhouse and this is the best. But, for example, if you already have SAP in your organization then you may not need IDQ on top of it. There are different factors to consider. This is a good solution, but I can't say that you can solve all of the problems using it. Informatica is focusing only on master data quality. In this regard, there is room for improvement, but it depends upon the use case. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
it_user767937 - PeerSpot reviewer
Data Quality Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Works well and has a good interface
  • "I am impressed by the solution's interface."
  • "Informatica is very expensive."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is purely for data quality analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

It took us a while to teach our users how Informatica works and to help them understand. We are still learning together with them because it also took us a while to master the tool. The contractors that come with Informatica are good on the ETL side but not that good on data quality.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable are the mappings and rules. I am also impressed by the solution's interface. I really like this solution, as it works very well.

What needs improvement?

The visualization is very limited. It's not modern age, it's not self-service BI. It only has three levels of granularity on which you can present data and that's not enough. What's more, we had a few problems with the configuration. At times we found it difficult to integrate with other systems, but it turned out that the problem wasn't with the solution but with our firewalls. We had a couple of bugs but they are all fixed now.

Another feature I would also like to see is tagging. At this stage, we can't tag data in the database of the data source with particular data flows. This is a nice feature that other solutions have and that Informatica lacks. We have to analyze and store data in a database and then we have to analyze it again and go through the servers. This takes up double storage. So if the data could be tagged at the database instead, anybody who has access to this data will know if there is a problem with the accuracy or anything else.

I've been using this solution for three years now.

I don't think the solution is very stable because we have to refresh and restart the server at least once a month, or even more often. We couldn't understand what was causing this, perhaps we have a few bugs. But at times one team will be working and everything will be running, and then the other team will have some access issues. All we could do to fix this was to restart the server and then everything was up and running again.

The scalability is very good. We have about 30 users and this may increase because our organization constantly needs more people, so people see the benefit because it's stable and it gives consistency. We will probably move to big data analytics and purchase their big data applications.

To be honest, we didn't really have any major issues yet but the technical support is good and they have a dedicated tech person assigned to us by Informatica to supports us. It works well because if we have a problem that our own IT team can't fix, they use Informatica to help them.

I used IBM InfoSphere before but Informatica is much, much better; gold standard. There is no comparison. The interface and everything else is better.

The initial setup was very complex. It is mainly our own fault because we didn't go for the solution that was recommended by Informatica. We used shortcuts that backfired on us and we've been struggling for a year. In the end, we did exactly what Informatica recommended at the beginning and now everything works fine.

We have an integration team that is responsible for maintenance and deployment.

Informatica is very expensive. But luckily we got enough free licenses, so we are still within limit.

Informatica has been the best solution for the past 10 years, but now there are new tools emerging. So maybe we will switch in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go for it because I love it. Maybe there are better tools, but I don't know about them. I would use it in conjunction with Tableau and Google Analytics for visualization. I would also suggest others to follow instructions during the initial setup and not to cut corners. Do the configuration exactly as Informatica suggests.
I love Informatica but I am not sure if it is value for money. Organizations that plan to increase their users may find it worth the money, but smaller organizations may want to use something simpler.

I will rate this solution an eight out of ten. My rating would have been nine if the solution offered tagging and if it was cheaper.

June 2022
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior IT Application Specialist at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
We started with Firstlogic then switched to Informatica for it's ease of use.

What is most valuable?

Data cleansing and address validation are the most valuable features. Also the web services which can be called on the fly. Data Duplication plays a very important role.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the customer data management where we had the incorrect addresses and data cleansing. Also in finding the duplicates so as to ensure the customer data is not duplicated.

What needs improvement?

Asia pacific region address validation needs to be improved.

3 years

Customer Service: 4 out of 5Technical Support: 4 out of 5

We previously used Firstlogic as a data quality tool. We found that Informatica is more feasible and user friendly than Firstlogic.

In-house.

Yes. Trillium.
it_user150897 - PeerSpot reviewer
Data Analyst / Data Integration at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Solid Integration tool. GUI is poor and needs improvement.

What is most valuable?

IDQ integration with Power Centre Designer Repository. On the fly you can move your IDQ artefacts to Power Centre Designer. Later you can use them in a workflow and for scheduling etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Improved Data Quality, after we run the IDQ session which we customize for each client (Developed custom business rules in IDQ).

What needs improvement?

GUI is poor in IDQ

Over a year

No (Depends upon your design and architect)

Customer Service: Customer service is OKTechnical Support: Technical support is OK

Earlier we used ODI and IDPQ, but the new client wants the development in Informatica.

It was a ittle complex, as there are post installation services you need to create in Informaitca Administrator.

In house team (I was part of the team as an Informatica Administrator and IDQ Developer)

Better data quality

IBM Data Stage, IBM Information Analyzer and IBM Quality Stage (More cost Centric). Oracle ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) and ODPQ (Oracle Data Quality and Profiling).

What other advice do I have?

Informatica Data Quality is a solid Integration tool.
Download our free Data Quality Report and find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Trillium, Oracle, and more!
Updated: June 2022