We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Informatica Cloud Test Data Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Informatica Cloud Test Data Management?

Informatica Cloud Test Data Management was previously known as Cloud MDM, Data Scout, Informatica Cloud Data Management.

Download the Test Data Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Informatica Cloud Test Data Management Video

Informatica Cloud Test Data Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Informatica Cloud Test Data Management pricing:
"You pay for this solution based on IPUs, Informatica Processing Units. This depends on how much data you process and how much memory you consume from the cloud provider, and you pay as you go."

Informatica Cloud Test Data Management Reviews

Informatica Product Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Extensive functionality and pay as you go
  • "One of the most valuable features is that I don't need to buy a subscription for any functionality. With Informatica Cloud Data Management, I have all the functionality and features available. If I need to make an integration, I can go to that integration service. If I need to mask, provide, or clean some information, I can easily just pick up that feature and use it. It's very simple, and I have all the functions and capabilities I need to work with data."
  • "One thing Informatica could improve is the way IPUs are used. Each customer purchases a certain amount of IPUs per month, but you can use more or less than that defined quantity. The only problem is if you don't use the all your IPUs, they don't carry over into the next month. I think customers should have the ability to transfer unused IPUs into the next month or year. This improvement could help give customers more flexibility, especially since cloud solutions need flexibility in how we use and pay for them."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of Informatica Cloud Data Management is to process data. In Informatica Cloud Data Management, you are in a portal where you can pick up the functionality you need to leverage and work with your data.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is that I don't need to buy a subscription for any functionality. With Informatica Cloud Data Management, I have all the functionality and features available. If I need to make an integration, I can go to that integration service. If I need to mask, provide, or clean some information, I can easily just pick up that feature and use it. It's very simple, and I have all the functions and capabilities I need to work with data.

For example, you have data integration, data profiling, data quality, data governance, MGM, etc. You have an enterprise data catalog where you can build a central repository of all the audio, knowledge of technical data sets, or technical data assets from your company, as well as do semantic searches.

What needs improvement?

One thing Informatica could improve is the way IPUs are used. Each customer purchases a certain amount of IPUs per month, but you can use more or less than that defined quantity. The only problem is if you don't use the all your IPUs, they don't carry over into the next month. I think customers should have the ability to transfer unused IPUs into the next month or year. This improvement could help give customers more flexibility, especially since cloud solutions need flexibility in how we use and pay for them.

There are some features from on-premises versions of this solution that are not yet available in the cloud version. I think this is part of the roadmap that Informatica is executing for this portfolio, so not all the functionalities are ready for the cloud version of this solution. I'm sure it's just a matter of time because I know that they will be available next year.

This solution offers the stability and uptime you need, which you can't get in on-premises installation. Informatica has a subscription-based service that can take care of maintenance, so it's easy to maintain.

Because this is a cloud solution, it offers elasticity and scalability.

Informatica's technical support is great, probably one of the best. Informatica has a service where you can request maintenance through their support portal. You can create tickets for any incidents or questions. Response time depends on SLA, service level argument, and can range from one hour to four hours to three days. There are different levels of support.

This is a cloud solution, so there is no setup. You pay as you go. If we need to get some information from an on-premises environment, we implement a Secure Agent. We install the agent in a virtual machine, set up the connectors to the on-premises source, and you can work with your data on the cloud. The setup process of this company is so easy because it has four steps, and then the component is up and running. It's not complicated to implement, it's very easy.

I implemented through an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of ten. If you are considering implementing Informatica, make sure you have a clearly planned approach to the cloud solution you want. Compared to on-premises solutions, there are some different capabilities you need to leverage when working in the cloud because it's a different world. You are capable of much more. You have access to all the data center servers, so you don't have to worry about memory, processing, or storage. You don't have to worry about using all your resources as efficiently because there will always have a server you can use.

Hybrid Cloud