Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation is #5 ranked solution in best Cloud Security companies, #5 ranked solution in top Microsegmentation Software tools, and #10 ranked solution in Cloud Workload Protection Platforms . PeerSpot users give Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation is most commonly compared to Guardicore Centra: Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation vs Guardicore Centra. Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Cloud and Data Center Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation?
One Platform. One Console. Any Environment. Protect workloads and devices with the industry’s first cloud-to-ground Zero Trust Segmentation platform. See how workloads communicate, create policies to allow or deny communications across hybrid IT, and isolate assets to stop the spread of a breach.

Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation was previously known as Illumio Adaptive Security Platform, Illumio ASP.

Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation Customers

Plantronics, NTT Innovation Institute Inc.

Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation Video

Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation pricing:
"There is a subscription needed to use Illumio Adaptive Security Platform and we pay every three years. Overall the solution is expensive."

Illumio Zero Trust Segmentation Reviews

Technical Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Great auto policy writing and good mapping with an easy setup process
  • "The Explorer allows you to know the traffic between source and destination."
  • "The customer service is lagging a bit. It could be better."

What is our primary use case?

It's really good for avoiding and controlling lateral movement. Since everywhere there is ransomware, it's very good for micro-segmentation so that we can allow what is required for application-to-application communication. We are allowing what is required and blocking all unnecessary traffic, so that, in that way, we can control the attack surface, so we can reduce the attack surface. We're trying to secure the application and the company network as well.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it to write a policy for all the infrastructure-related servers manually. It will detect the infrastructure flows, and it will advise you automatically that you need to allow the traffic or block it. It'll use access just from the previous flows.

What is most valuable?

Everything is valuable in Illumio. We love the product.

The auto policy writing is great. The feature will give you the option of the inbound-outbound traffic.

The Explorer allows you to know the traffic between source and destination.

We have a feature called parallel coordinates. There, we can see what application is talking to which application and where a single application is talking to many applications.

The illumination definitely stands out. Mapping is great. The application group mapping is useful.

It's straightforward to set up.

What needs improvement?

Every month, we're getting new features. It's always improving. I don't see a place where it is weak or lacking in development.

The customer service is lagging a bit. It could be better.

We'd like labeling to be better. For example, if someone, by mistake, if he edits that labeling part, it should give you a warning pop-up to the effect of "Are sure to edit this enforced application?" so that person immediately will know that this is the enforced application and he should not touch that application labeling.

Cloud and Data Center Security
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Illumio, Guardicore, Cisco and others in Cloud and Data Center Security. Updated: August 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used the solution for more than one and a half years.

The stability is good. It's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

It is a very scalable product. Expanding is not a problem.

We have about 15 users on the solution. They are mostly engineers as well as two analysts and one product owner.

We do plan to increase usage.

Technical support could be better. When we get a reply from support engineers, it is not kind or empathetic. They also delay some responses - sometimes, not always. Maybe it depends from engineer to engineer. They could be a lot better, a lot more helpful.

We did not use anything previously. This is really the best product.

We have a Nebule product - a Nebule cloud, a Nebule solution that is LSDX, a VMware LSDX. That is also in place, along with Illumio. It is not yet live. We are focusing on Illumio for on-prem. Once it moves to the cloud, we have been considering both Illumio and LSDX.

The initial implementation is simple. It's not complex.

I was not there during the initial setup, however, the deployment might have taken about there months or so. That included the approvals and the entire setup process.

In terms of deployment and maintenance, it all depends on how many applications you're going to onboard. It's not a straight answer. It all depends on the amount of work you are doing in your organization.

There were people to help us from Illumio Professional Services Consultant, so we didn't find it hard to set up in our environment. For the most part, we handled the setup in-house.

It's too early to really account for an ROI. We still need time with the product. We are seeing value in the product, however.

I'm just an engineer. I don't deal with the licensing aspect of the product.

We looked at a few other options, for example, Guardicore. There were a couple that we examined. We might have also looked at Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

Right now, we are using a non-production, 21.2.3 version. In production, we are in 19.3.6, which we are going for an upgrade on the weekend, which will be 21.2.30.

Right now, the deployment is on-premises. The roadmap is to go to a SaaS product with Illumio, however, right now, it's on-premises. It is being used for on-premises, however, we are thinking to make use of the cloud as well, using the CloudSecure product.

We like the solution. It's light. It doesn't take too many resources. For anyone to implement the product, it's pretty straightforward and simple. It's also very effective. It's very quick and very flexible to implement. That's the thing I can advise - just to implement this product and try it out.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Security Architect at MGM
Helpful support, useful monitoring, and high availability
  • "The most valuable feature of Illumio Adaptive Security Platform is monitoring. When I have no requirement from the other application, I can use the web block traffic to build."
  • "Illumio Adaptive Security Platform could improve by supporting more operating systems. For example, Cisco and Apache appliances."

What is our primary use case?

We only deploy Illumio Adaptive Security Platform on the servers, and only apply the server segmentation. Our scope for using Illumio is relatively small, and so far it's good because our scope is only applied to the server farms.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Illumio Adaptive Security Platform is monitoring. When I have no requirement from the other application, I can use the web block traffic to build.

What needs improvement?

Illumio Adaptive Security Platform could improve by supporting more operating systems. For example, Cisco and Apache appliances.

I have used Illumio Adaptive Security Platform for approximately three years.

Illumio Adaptive Security Platform is stable.

The scalability of the Illumio Adaptive Security Platform is good.

We have only the administrators and security team using this solution. There is a title of approximately 10 people using the solution.

The support from Illumio Adaptive Security Platform was good. They always answered my questions and if I needed further help they would arrange a remote session with me.

I rate the support team from Illumio Adaptive Security Platform a four out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of the Illumio Adaptive Security Platform was easy. We took three months to test the Illumio Adaptive Security Platform and the deployment only took another three months. A total of half a year to complete.

We have been using the Illumio Adaptive Security Platform for a while now and we have seen a return on investment.

There is a subscription needed to use Illumio Adaptive Security Platform and we pay every three years. Overall the solution is expensive.

We chose to use Illumio Adaptive Security Platform because a lot of the features were attractive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Illumio Adaptive Security Platform to others.

I rate Illumio Adaptive Security Platform an eight out of ten.

Download our free Cloud and Data Center Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Illumio, Guardicore, Cisco, and more!
Updated: August 2022