Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Huawei Wireless OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Huawei Wireless is #6 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give Huawei Wireless an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Huawei Wireless is most commonly compared to D-Link Wireless: Huawei Wireless vs D-Link Wireless. Huawei Wireless is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 36% of all views.
Huawei Wireless Buyer's Guide

Download the Huawei Wireless Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Huawei Wireless?
Huawei WLAN products are compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards to establish high-speed, secure, and reliable wireless network connections for indoor and outdoor applications.WLAN products can be used in enterprise offices, schools, hospitals, large shopping malls, exhibition centers, airports, and more.

Huawei Wireless was previously known as Huawei WLAN.

Huawei Wireless Customers
Anhui Agricultural University (AAU), China Everbright Bank
Huawei Wireless Video

Huawei Wireless Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Huawei Wireless pricing:
  • "Its price is very good. This wireless system totally costs about 30,000 euros, and some of the other solutions cost about 45,000 euros. It is a difference of 15,000 euros, which is quite a lot of money."
  • "It is not monthly. It is a kind of perpetual licensing. We pay once depending on the kind of services we need to deliver. There are no licensing fees."
  • "Extras come with a surcharge."
  • "The price of Huawei Wireless is reasonable. The licenses are active, and everything is working fine as per the license agreement."
  • Huawei Wireless Reviews

Senior System Administrator at WIT
    It has a very good price and provides value for money
    • "The most valuable thing about Huawei Wireless is that it is one of the cheapest WiFi 6 systems. Its price is very nice. The other WiFi systems cost about 15% more."
    • "Huawei Wireless has a small technical problem. When you use a power injector, it needs to be specially configured for the switch to which it is connected. It tries to take power not from the power injector but from the switch. The funny thing when you look at it is that you have three switches or maybe four or five that are theoretically capable. However, the port on these switches is disabled. When you connect the access point to a power injector, the access point checks for features from the switch, but on this port, the switch doesn't do power. So, the access point changes these features to energy save mode and cuts off some features, especially WiFi 6. It took me two weeks to find out what's going on and how to mitigate this sort of problem. It is very easy to fix. You need to disable LLDP on the port on which you connect the access point to the power injector. Power injectors aren't quite commonly used, but I have 54 access points, and I have used about 27 power injectors. So, about half of the access points were working at reduced speed, not full speed, for two weeks."

What is our primary use case?

University 3500 users

How has it helped my organization?

Stable and reliable (and FAST! we have graphics department) is essential for us, old WiFi wad EOL 2 years ago.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing about Huawei Wireless is that it is one of the cheapest WiFi 6 systems. Its price is very nice. The other WiFi systems cost about 15% more.

What needs improvement?

Huawei Wireless has a small technical problem. When you use a power injector, it needs to be specially configured for the switch to which it is connected. It tries to take power not from the power injector but from the switch. The funny thing when you look at it is that you have three switches or maybe four or five that are theoretically capable. However, the port on these switches is disabled. When you connect the access point to a power injector, the access point checks for features from the switch, but on this port, the switch doesn't do power. So, the access point changes these features to energy save mode and cuts off some features, especially WiFi 6. It took me two weeks to find out what's going on and how to mitigate this sort of problem. It is very easy to fix. You need to disable LLDP on the port on which you connect the access point to the power injector. Power injectors aren't quite commonly used, but I have 54 access points, and I have used about 27 power injectors. So, about half of the access points were working at reduced speed, not full speed, for two weeks.

Huawei Wireless
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Huawei Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Huawei Wireless for two months. I am using the latest version.

I can't say much about stability at this time. Currently, because of the pandemic, we don't have many people in the building. Normally, we have about a hundred of the devices. Having said that, everything is smooth for those couple of devices that are currently connected to the WiFi. Roaming is important for the WiFi system. Roaming means that when you connect to the WiFi network, you can go five levels up, and you are still connected. You do not need to reconnect at each level and authorize again. A channel's stability is important because if you use 2.4 gigahertz or 5 gigahertz wavelength, it is important that the access point must find the right channel. For the correct or automatic assignment, the channel must work correctly.

It is scalable in my opinion.

I have received technical support from Huawei at two levels. Technical support from the Polish reseller of Huawei could be better. Technical support directly from Huawei, not from private resellers, was good. I think currently in Europe, Huawei's technical support is in Romania, and they work fast.

Currently performance/price is very good for Huawei

I have been creating and configuring networks for about 25 years, which is a lot of time. I use the basic text interface. Therefore, it isn't a big problem for me to work on the command line. However, for new users who are used to working through GUI, it can be a problem to create the initial configuration. Huawei Wireless has a GUI interface for the configuration, but it is not similar to the text configuration. You can't create a detailed configuration through the GUI. To make some new changes or some new additions, you have to use the text interface.

My deployment was divided into two parts: hardware configuration and software configuration. For hardware deployment or configuration, I had to put access points in the right place. I had 54 access points. I also had to get the cables made for connecting access points, which took about a few weeks. After that, hanging the access points took about a few days, and the software configuration took about three weeks. The basic configuration was done in one week, but after that, we had a problem with the power injectors. Finding the solution and figuring out what's going on with our power injectors took about two weeks. Normally, it can be done in one week.

Ruckus, Aruba, Extremenetworks

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it has quite a good price, and it provides value for money. Huawei access controller can be located on a WiFi switch. Therefore, you do not need to buy an extra server for putting the access controller. It can go on a switch.

I have invested in Huawei WiFi systems and their support. I won't buy WiFi systems for the next two years of using this. The software updates are very important for solid WiFi connectivity.

I would rate Huawei Wireless an eight out of ten.

Infrastructure Project Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reliable, easy to set up and offers excellent bandwidth
    • "The solution is easy to set up."
    • "I'd like to see some after-sales support. It's a little bit below the expectations we had."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for wireless connections for the staff and students on campus. Both of them use it and there is a university hospital as well, which is also covered by the solution.

What is most valuable?

The quality of the product is quite good.

Stability-wise, it's perfect, as, previously, we had a very old Cisco solution, and we were having some issues. Now, in terms of performance and bandwidth, it's pretty good.

The stability and reliability are good.

The solution is easy to set up.

We have some high-traffic areas, such as auditoriums, and they had high-density APs available. It's been working well.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some after-sales support. It's a little bit below the expectations we had.

We just deployed it. We replaced an old solution. This is the WiFi 6 solution from Huawei. It's been around eight months since deployment was completed.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It works very well. It doesn't crash. It's reliable and the performance is very good. So far, we have not received any complaints or any faulty hardware or anything. At the moment, everything is good.

This solution is covering the whole campus. We have a large deployment of around, I would say, 5,000 APs, or probably a little bit more.

At the moment, it's just a new deployment. We covered the area that was not covered earlier, for example. In that respect, we've covered all of the scalability options. Maybe in the future, there may be some requirements, however, at the moment, there is no plan to expand usage.

Technical support could be better. It's not ideal right now. They are pretty slow to respond. We're not completely satisfied with the level of support on offer.

We replaced Cisco with this solution. It was a very old solution. Something like 10 years ago Cisco was implemented and it needed to be replaced. This Huawei solution is based on WiFi 6, which is the latest protocol available for WiFi.

In terms of the initial setup, it wasn't that hard at all. We know the technology, so it wasn't that difficult for us. I wouldn't describe the process as complex.

It's a campus network. It's a live network. We had some limitations, for example, working only in the nighttime. It took us a while to finish this project due to the fact that, number one, it was a huge undertaking. Also, there were some access issues. There are hundreds of buildings that we covered. Sometimes, therefore, we had physical access issues. There were some delays. It took us around four to five months to complete this project.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Huawei partner and an integrator.

We are using the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Huawei Wireless
    September 2022
    634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    IT at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
    Easy to configure with good technical support and good stability
    • "We've found the solution to be quite stable."
    • "The scalability could be a bit better."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution at home. We primarily use the solution for internet use.

What is most valuable?

The product is easy to use.

The signal is very stable and it offers very good performance. For network devices it is great.

The most important aspect of the solution is that it is cheap. It beats solutions at a higher cost.

We've found the solution to be quite stable.

The scalability is okay.

The speed of the product is pretty good.

I've found that the configuration is quite simple to handle.

Technical support has always been quite helpful.

The initial setup is very easy and the deployment is very fast.

What needs improvement?

The scalability could be a bit better.

I've been using the solution for about five years or so at this point. It's been a while.

The stability is very good. The features support Wi-Fi 6 and it is using very stable technology.

The scalability is okay. If a company needs to expand, it can do so with relative ease. It shouldn't give you any trouble. However, they could always make it a bit better and even more scalable.

I simply use it at home for personal usage. I don't have a need to scale it out too much.

The solution is a local brand and we have local support, It's quite good. I find support to be better than Cisco, to be honest. I'm quite satisfied with the level of service they provide to us.

I also have experience with Cisco.

Both are good brands and good network device providers. Huawei may be the one to choose based on the requirements and based on the bandwidth. Different providers have different costs and a few different features. However, both brands are okay and are good.

The initial setup was not complex. It was pretty straightforward. It's very easy. A company shouldn't have any issue with the process.

The deployment took less than half an hour.

I handled the implementation myself. I did not need a consultant or integrator.

The pricing of the solution is excellent. It's much cheaper than the competition. The pricing is a great selling point.

I don't pay for licensing. I just pay for the device.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user.

We are using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

I'd rate the product at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with the product, especially the excellent pricing.

Co-Principal Investigator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    Good speed and mobility, good interfaces, and user friendly
    • "It is based on 802.11ax, which is a new technology. There are several valuable things, such as its speed and mobility. There are options for self-organizing networking so that it can perform operations and maintain itself. Its three interfaces are very good and user friendly."
    • "As such, there are no problems. It has been good. There were some issues with the network design, but that is not specifically related to the product. We had to make some improvements in the network design. The product as such is fine, and there are no big issues. We are using the latest version having most of the features available in the industry, so the specs are very high. If something new comes up new in the industry, it needs to be incorporated into the product."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for a campus network. We have something like 4G or 5G at the backend, and we have deployed a setpoint at the frontend to provide the services. It is an enterprise-level deployment. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is based on 802.11ax, which is a new technology. There are several valuable things, such as its speed and mobility. There are options for self-organizing networking so that it can perform operations and maintain itself. Its three interfaces are very good and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

As such, there are no problems. It has been good. There were some issues with the network design, but that is not specifically related to the product. We had to make some improvements in the network design. The product as such is fine, and there are no big issues.

We are using the latest version having most of the features available in the industry, so the specs are very high. If something new comes up new in the industry, it needs to be incorporated into the product.

I have been using this solution for about five to six years.

It is stable. There are some issues, but they are more related to design and installation.

It is scalable. You can scale up. Depending on the requirement, you can add extra nodes.

We deployed it for another organization as a system integrator. They have at least 100 people within the campus network. There are also visitors.

It depends on what kind of agreement we have with them. In some agreements, we can only contact them in case there is something wrong with the product and we need replacement, which is fine because we have the backups. So, we can easily manage that.

The initial setup was easy. We used user-oriented manuals and guidelines for design and installation, so it was fine.

We spent a lot of time on the design. Therefore, at the time of installation, it didn't take much time. For installation, we were sure what we wanted to do, so it went okay. It was not like plug and play, but overall, it was good.

It is not monthly. It is a kind of perpetual licensing. We pay once depending on the kind of services we need to deliver. There are no licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it depends on the kind of use case we are going into. The main advice is to use the latest technology.

I would rate Huawei Wireless a nine out of ten.

facility manager
    Affordable, stable, and easy to use
    • "The solution is very user-friendly and easy to use."
    • "The scalability could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for hot-spotting. It's very useful for home internet, for example.

What is most valuable?

The solution is extremely affordable. the pricing is excellent.

The solution is very user-friendly and easy to use.

The solution has proven to be stable. The performance is very good.

It's a good, simple unit. It's not overly complex and confusing.

The installation process is very easy. The deployment is very fast.

It's easy to configure everything.

What needs improvement?

The scalability could be better.

While the pricing is good, it still might not be acceptable to some people on the market. If they could lower it further, it would be ideal.

I've been using the solution for a few months at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. it's reliable in terms of performance.

Scaling is possible, or, at least, that's my understanding. If a user needs to expand it, they should be able to do so. However, it may be a bit limited.

I'm not sure how many users are currently on the solution.

We do plan to continue to use the solution, at least, until we get fiber.

I've never spoken with technical support. Due to the fact that I haven't had any direct interactions with them in the past, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I haven't used any other wireless products in the past.

The installation process is not difficult or complex. It's simple and quite straightforward.

The deployment process is quick and easy. You can deploy and configure it in about 30 minutes or so. It doesn't take very long.

The pricing on the solution is very reasonable. It's a less costly option.

There are no licensing costs for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We should be using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure what the version number is at this time.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations as it is a very simple, easy-to-use product.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Overall, we've been quite pleased with the solution and its capabilities as well as its pricing.

SYED BUKHARI - PeerSpot reviewer
    Co-Founder at DataDistinct Solutions
    Extremely competitive pricing with good stability and speed
    • "The solution offers very good value for money."
    • "They should actually first test the equipment thoroughly and then launch it. Sometimes, things come out too soon, before they are ready."

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good value for money. The access points on offer are very comparable to what is on the market, and it comes in at a much cheaper price.

The speed of the solution is good.

The stability is great so far.

We've found the scalability to be quite good.

What needs improvement?

They should actually first test the equipment thoroughly and then launch it. Sometimes, things come out too soon, before they are ready. What happens is they launch too early, and then a problem is found and they have to fix it and the client gets very annoyed.

The initial setup is a bit complex.

The configuration is not that easy. Specifically, using the GUI interface is quite difficult to understand.

I've been working with the solution for about six months or so.

The stability of the solution is very good. It doesn't have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's pretty reliable.

The solution can scale well. A company shouldn't have any issues with expanding the solution.

Typically, our clients are small and medium-sized organizations.

Technical support is quite good. I'd rate them at an eight out of ten. We're mostly satisfied with the level of support we receive.

While the response is great, occasionally, the competency isn't there.

We also use Cisco. We're partners with them as well.

We've used Aruba, however, I find the solution quite bad.

The initial setup is pretty complex. It's not exactly straightforward.

The configuration process is not so easy and the GUI is a bit difficult, which makes it a bit harder than it needs to be.

The solution is not expensive at all. It's very reasonable and very competitive.

What other advice do I have?

We are Huawei and Cisco partners and we're an IT company.

I'd recommend the solution to others. I'd rate the product eight out of ten. If the setup was easier I'd likely rate it higher.

Senior Software Engineer at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Easy to install and configure
    • "Installation is easy."
    • "While I am fine with the current licensing price, I would appreciate it to be more cost-effective."

What is our primary use case?

I do not recall which version we are using.

I utilize the solution for personal internet use, on the Ethernet.

What needs improvement?

While I am fine with the current licensing price, I would appreciate it to be more cost-effective.

I have been using Huawei Wireless for the past couple of years.

The solution is stable.

I am not in a position to comment on the solution's scalability.

I do not have plans to increase the usage, as I do not see a need for this.

We have not been in contact with technical support.

I did not use other solutions prior to the current one.

Installation is easy. We are not talking about a one-click installation for all. Once installed, a person can configure the solution to his needs.

I was not involved in hardware installation and have no knowledge of it. This is not handled by me, but by the technicians who visit the site. When it comes to installing software, this we can do on our own by following the instructions.

The technical team required for the deployment depends on the service provider.

While I am fine with the current licensing price, I would glad if it were cheaper.

Extras come with a surcharge, although, as I have not made use of these, I cannot comment on their prices.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I am satisfied with the solution.

I would recommend it to others. My advice would vary with the personal use one wishes to make of the solution.

I rate Huawei Wireless as a nine out of ten.

System and Network Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Responsive support, feature rich, and easy setup
    • "All of the features are valuable in Huawei Wireless."
    • "Huawei Wireless can improve the signal, sometimes it becomes weak."

What is our primary use case?

Huawei Wireless is used for networking. We use it for a university.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are valuable in Huawei Wireless.

What needs improvement?

Huawei Wireless can improve the signal, sometimes it becomes weak.

I have been using Huawei Wireless for approximately three years.

Huawei Wireless is stable.

We have approximately 800 users on our campus and the WiFi from Huawei Wireless is working fine.

Their technical support is very good from Huawei Wireless. They respond on time when giving feedback. They quickly solve problems if there is one.

We have five years of support service from Huawei Wireless in our contract. They are actively engaged in our system and they diagnose anything to see if they can find an issue.

The initial setup of Huawei Wireless was easy.

We have the SLA with Huawei, and Huawei engages its technical team. They are deployed as resident engineers in our university and solve problems because we pay them in the contract.

We have a team of 10 working on Huawei Wireless.

The price of Huawei Wireless is reasonable. The licenses are active, and everything is working fine as per the license agreement.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is if you are going to choose Huawei Wireless, you need to check the quality of the solution. There are some issues with the strength of signals, it can get weak without any reason. If we compare this with the Cisco solutions, they do not have this issue.

I rate Huawei Wireless an eight out of ten.

Download our free Huawei Wireless Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022