Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Google Cloud Storage Nearline OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud Storage Nearline is #13 ranked solution in top Public Cloud Storage Services. PeerSpot users give Google Cloud Storage Nearline an average rating of 9.6 out of 10. Google Cloud Storage Nearline is most commonly compared to Amazon S3 Glacier: Google Cloud Storage Nearline vs Amazon S3 Glacier. Google Cloud Storage Nearline is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Public Cloud Storage Services Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Google Cloud Storage Nearline?

A low-cost, highly-durable and highly available storage service for infrequently accessed data, data archiving, online backup and disaster recovery. Data is available instantly, not within hours or days. With sub-second average response times and 1 cent per GB/month pricing, Cloud Storage Nearline gives you terrific performance at a low cost.

Google Cloud Storage Nearline Video

Google Cloud Storage Nearline Reviews

SCRUM Master at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
One of the top 3 clouds that is easy to use and has excellent capacity
  • "The capacity and space on offer are excellent."
  • "They need a better, more visual, user interface for folders and files."

What is our primary use case?

We have automation for extracting information and putting that information in files in buckets for other integrations with other apartments of my company we use this solution for storage and integration.

What is most valuable?

The capacity and space on offer are excellent.

It's easy to use. All services in the cloud are easy to use as you have a service account. You can manage the security very well, however, that is the same in all cloud network services.

The cloud setup is easy for experienced individuals.

The solution is stable and reliable.

What needs improvement?

They need a better, more visual, user interface for folders and files. Right now, you can see a list of five. You need to see some details, more folders, and be able to drag and drop the folders. That would be useful.

Those new to GoogleCloud may struggle a bit with the setup.

I've used the solution for two or maybe even three years.

Public Cloud Storage Services
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Amazon, Microsoft and others in Public Cloud Storage Services. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is excellent.

I can't think of a better service that's provided in South America. The infrastructure overall is very stable and reliable. It's one of the top three clouds for sure.

The solution scales very, very well. There's as much space, as much capacity, as we need.

There are about 200 users right now. I work in a corporate technology center and we know a lot of IT people that work in storage, although not so much in the cloud.

I'm also aware of Amazon and Microsoft and they all have the better infrastructure in terms of data centers in the world. They are all stable and all offer good uptime.

The original setup is easy. I create buckets, however, I did not set up the first bucket in the company. That said, it's easy to use. In general, if you have knowledge about IT services or previously worked in a cloud, the implementation is not difficult. That said, if you are new in IT and new to the cloud, it is more difficult as you need to make relations in your mind between different services. It's best to have experienced people on it while you are setting it up.

I'm not sure about the licensing arrangement. We may pay yearly, however, we may also have negotiated pricing over more of a long term. We do plan to use the product for the long term.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

Google
Dan Guay - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at gsc
Highly stable

What needs improvement?

Nearline security could be better. The solution could integrate better with SEIM tools. We need to improve anything related to security, whether we're talking about IT, the technology platform on the Cloud, etc.

We've started using Google Nearline in 2018.

Nearline is highly stable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Nearline nine out of 10.

Google
Download our free Public Cloud Storage Services Report and find out what your peers are saying about Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: September 2022